[TD]Tags: Angst, BDSM, Mental issues[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pairing: Psychopath x Psychologist[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Summary:

A splendid, professional psychologist faces

a complicated case of serial, heartless murders, which appear to be a design of a

very clever but yet with mental disorder man. Unfortunately though, once the psychologist gets assigned to the case, he becomes a main target of the yet unknown psychopath. Rather, the new toy

of a very dangerous and bored of the ordinary mind.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 300, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]2yoa49y.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Name: Shougo Harukami[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Age: 30-years-old.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Occupation: Doctor.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Character profile:

Mental disorder - psychopathy.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Personality: Visibly calm and comforting.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Likes: Quality food and beverages (red wine to be preferred).[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dislikes: Arrogance.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Biography: Unknown.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Random facts:

* Shougo is not his real family name.

* Known under the name of 'Akame' ('Red eyes', for the reason all his victims had nothing but bleeding holes instead of eyes).

* Has a snake as pet.

* Doesn't invite people in his house.

* Loves books (to the point of engraving quotes from his favorites on each victim's chest).

* Has a huge, indoor garden with poisonous flowers only.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• Phanto77

like_water_by_hel999-d3fbi7e.jpg

Name: Lou Hsin

Character Profile: Psychologist, somewhat sane.

Personality: Very professional, quiet.

Dislikes: Informality.

Biography: Japanese mother, Hong Kong father. No siblings, only his father’s bastards. Straight, in the beginning. After, who knows?

Random facts:

Hates animals of all kinds, except birds.

Strict, moderately violent father.

Lost the love of his life, Natsuo, in a car accident.

The hitter was a drunk, so he doesn’t drink.

Hates being restricted, as in small spaces and crowdedness.

Hates people touching his hair.

Has a single white hair growing out of his head, he likes it and doesn’t remove it.

He has a low voice, in volume and timbre.

| Track used for muse [

]

It was one of these cold, spring nights when even the newborn, tree leaves trembled under the whisper of the chilling wind. A harsh but yet not so tired thud was made against a worn-out by the time wall; the place was so deadly silent unless the local monorail didn't check in by schedule.

Run by upwards, they were strong and firm shoulders. Who would suggest that such shoulders never tasted, nor gave warmth. His left, but yet dark gloved hand reached up to shift the natural position of his dark, long hair. The calmness read in his eyes was nothing more than acknowledged sickness. A sickness that had its story like any other human being had. In fact, he knew his broken and in some cases 'shifted' ground, unlike many other people - they didn't fully know their 'demons'.

An exhaled chuckle escaped his dry lips. It was more like the purest form of a confession (of what he has been doing for some time now) that he could offer. Nothing extraordinary for the world nowadays. After all, the humanity knew violence - not grace. But monkeys didn't need grace, did they?

From the far he could register the sound of the police sirens. What a fuss humans could make for such unimportant matter.

Common minds are concerned with the extraordinary, great minds with the ordinary.

-- Blaise Pascal

The man averted his cold eyes, the color wasn't in importance but still remarkable. Black circle embraced the crystal blue that seemed to float like a melted ice trapped by the iron color of gray. Such eyes could at least leave some impression if anything. Truth is, he was getting bored. Seemingly the daft administration of idiots assigned for his case were either stupid or blind. The man spoke through his 'masterpieces' who he was, but none of the so called crime-psychologist could figure it out.

Maybe it was because they were always one step behind. And he, he was one of the most famous MD, a profession that a few could take. To be a medical diagnostic was hard; one had to obtain sharp mind, quickness of the mind, courage and coldblooded decisions. But that wasn't the reason why he was famous - it was because too young for his position, in some aspects.

Shougo Harukami, the genius of a man who worked at St. Luke's International Hospital.

His eyes were teary. They almost always were. There was rain today, and any change in weather made his eyes water. And what a sight it was. He was always handsome, maybe even beautiful, but those eyes were something else. Entirely. He blinked the tears away, and at the same time gently took his arm from under the body lying next to him. He didn't want her to get any ideas. This would not happen again.

Blonde and large breasted, Tracy-or whatever her name was-was nothing like the type he wanted. Good, he thought. He didn't want her to be. But she was pretty enough.

He looked at her, sleeping on her back, and felt a hint of guilt for the bite mark he left on her right nipple. A hint, and it was already fading. She was nothing like her. She would never be like her. He smiled.

He heard a buzzing from the bedside table. He looked at the phone. A text. He then looked at the clock. 2: 36 AM.

Grunting, he thought, this could only be one person. Nagasawa.

"I'm gonna kill him", he whispered, and opened the text.

N: Have you thought about it?

H: I've already told you my answer.

N: We need you, asshole.

H: Nagasawa, please. I want to go back to bed.

N: Say yes and I will stop bothering you.

He knew Nagasawa wouldn't let this go.

H: Fine. Can I go to bed now?

N: You don't know how thankful I am, Lou. Go to bed, you'll need your strength.

He did just the opposite, in fact. He quietly got up, and made his way to the bathroom for a piss. He splashed some water on his face, and pinched the bridge of his nose. Hsin could feel a migraine coming. And the damn tears were spilling out as he made his way back to the bedroom. He looked at the picture frame on his desk he had slammed face down before he began rutting self-loathingly on top the woman in his bed. He lifted it up, for a glance of her face, and slammed it back down immediately after the sight of her sent a crippling pang of white pain in his chest.

He looked at the bottle of pain killers and picked it up. Taking out one, he hesitated and took out two more, popping them into his mouth, enjoying and savouring the bitter taste before downing them without water. He closed his eyes.

"Sin? Baby, come back to bed", said Tracy(?).

Eyes still closed, his voice deep and somewhat slurred with the residue of sleep, he said, "Hsin. Not Sin. It's" deep breath "Hsin".

Picking up the file from his desk, not accepting her invitation, he sat, still naked, on his desk chair. Hsin looked out his penthouse window at the vibrant city below, then back at the file, and he read the name.

Shougo "Akame" Harukami.

| Track used for muse [

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
]

The clank made roared numbly when he turned to side, guiding his head onto his chained wrist. The pose he laid in was so natural and calm, one would say he was about to take a nap instead of actually being held in a local safe-house guarded by quite some policemen. Had he worried a bit, it might be actually natural. But even the best serial killers could fake worry and nervousness. So he found it pointless to put up any act. More or less, he was just a suspect; by procedure he had to meet with the crime-psychologist to get a character profile done. Since the man was already through a lot of questions, they still wanted him to meet with some 'professional', so they said.

A smooth gesture to slide eyes close, he exhaled gently. If it wasn't the flashback in his mind, probably his current state would be called 'meditation'.

------------------------------------

.TWO DAYS AGO.

"Doctor Shougo Harukami, you're called to first floor - the administration.

Doctor Shougo Harukami, you're called to first floor - the administration."

The doctor was on his way to the coffee-machine placed near the elevator once he heard the message volume'd in the hospital. Shougo was quite tall and the white coat fit him just perfectly fine. In contrast with the so called white color, his dark hair fulfilled the image of a monochrome beauty. With a smooth pause he stood before the machine, his eyes deeply attached to the screen. One would think he was getting worried who called him, but in fact he was just debating on what to order - black coffee or coffee with milk?

Once the choice was made, his lips reached the steaming cup to drink - not sip. Another shift made, his coat followed him into the elevator. Even if he wasn't up to go all the way to the first floor, he was 'summoned'.

As soon the elevator's doors slid open, he caught the sight of two dark clothed men - quick to grasp it was the police.

'My,my. And the wolf spoke from the name of the lamb.', a sarcastic thought passed him behind that splendid smile of his.

- Greetings, gentlemen. What can I help you with? - manners were never a problem of his; in fact he was really well mannered ..for a psychopath.

- Good afternoon, Doctor Shougo. We are from the local police station and wanted to ask you a few questions. - as requested the males flicked open their pocket-sized ID's and firmly stared at how the doctor behaved.

- Ah, but I am afraid that right now I can't make it possible. I have appointments, if you understand.

- I see. Then we will be back after you finish your work, is that okay?

- Sounds good to me, sir. - Shougo let a smile corrupt his lips as calmly watched the males heading for the exist.

Before Harukami took his leave, the corner of his eyes caught something really nerve-wracking. He reached hand and slid gently the pen placed on the administration desk under exactly 90 degrees. Only then the male turned and as always the white coat of his creep'd its way after.

He had no work-shifts, so it was up to him when to leave. If he left now - it'd be suspicious. If he didn't leave, it'd be just like another day - ordinary day. So why not play a little game? His crimes were screaming his name, but yet they went 'a few questions only' - the last part of the thought took on an audible note and escaped his lips under the guide of whisper. The male checked out for the day and what to expect not he actually decided to walk into every criminal's hell - the police station. What? If he was out of his mind? Heh, wasn't it obvious so far?

- Good day, sir. - a woman greeted Shougo at the information desk.

- Isn't it? - he lowered his upper half, bending the torso slightly to place his elbow. After all, as said, he was tall.

- What can I help you with? - so sweetly she smiled at the man; well, he was elegantly charming and beautiful.

It tempted him so much, to see her reaction if he said "How about help me with cutting your throat open, so I can see you chocking on your own crimson fluids, until the life leaves your so sparkling eyes?" - but actually he lowered his chin smoothly to avoid her tempting eyes.

- I was visited around an hour ago by your policemen. I came because I am free now.

- I understand. Can you wait in that room there?

- Thank you. - he rocked off his body from the desk and headed for the waiting room. It was a bit unnatural how calmly he sat on the chair before the table there. Not much time took and a man entered though.

- Shougo Harukami?

- From flesh and blood. - he chuckled at his lil' joke though he bet the policeman wouldn't understand it.

- So, Mr. Shougo... where were you last night?

Calm eyes lifted their cold gaze to meet the man's ones, Harukami was visibly relaxed but somehow his chuckle faded faster than a cigarette smoke.

- Watering flowers, ... - his eyes shifted quickly at the badge - .. Mr. officer.

The other frowned a bit at the odd answer, but of course the details were in importance.

- Care to explain?

Shougo was speechless at how a person could be both smart and dumb. The male there was trying to read between lines that Shougo never gave a second meaning to.

- I have a garden? - with a raise of brow, Harukami adopted an expression of a man 'not getting where the man was going'.

- I see. - the officer took out of the placed papers there some pictures that could disturb any normal mind.

- And? - Harukami looked over them then back at the other.

- Not disturbed at all?

- Should I? - his cold eyes took on a dead and empty gaze.

- Most people would be.

Harukami got his back off the chair to lean forth, placing both of his elbows onto the table there,

- You've got no idea what things I've seen. - for a moment his voice took on a low pitch so freezing you in a state of fear, but then he suddenly smiled - Of course, because I am a doctor, after all.

- ... I see. Well, do you have someone to be your alibi for last night?

Shougo eyes rolled in a recalling-process then lips curved into a grin,

- My snake?

Come on, the psychopath was having fun. But somehow the man sitting before lacked such an humor. In fact, he couldn't get the hints of sarcasm and perfectly hidden paradox in Harukami's words.

- Was that a joke? - asked the man.

- Ah, of course not. - Harukami was perfectly serious.

- Well, Mr. Shougo. I am afraid you'll have to meet someone.

The dark haired male fell silent and waited for the other to finish all that hilarious 'chit-chat'. As the police officer got off his chair to leave, Shougo averted eyes to side staring at the man's profile. His all being screamed and slammed against chest. It was like similar to lust, the heat and the dry sensation upon lips. He wanted to skin him off.

- As for the time being, we will have you in a safe-house.

- Safe-house?

- Of course.

- Why so?

The man faced Shougo and smiled with pride of a police worker with experience behind back,

- Because you never asked.

- Should have I?

- Indeed. Most people ask why are they summoned.

- Well, Mister officer - Shougo leaned even further to have a few inches between their eyes - I am a diagnostic. I don't need stupid questions, but clever answers. Excuse my rudeness, but a police is for one and hospital is for other. In my perspective, we both do our job and we know what each job is. So I suppose, stupid questions will keep being out of my league.

- If that's how they say it nowadays, sure. But you will still meet the person who actually led us to you.

------------------------------------

Once again the clank reminded him he was in the reality. Harukami grinned with his eyes relaxed.

- Interesting.

The alarm blared as he heard someone moving in his kitchen. His condo was big, and he shouldn't be able to hear her, but God, she moved like a 9 rector earthquake. After he read the file last night, they had intercourse again. But he couldn't get neither Natsuo nor the victims out of his head. She had noticed that he was distracted. He was thinking of them as he fucked her. When she asked him what was wrong, he just started pumping harder, to the point where she started pushing at his chest, telling him to ease up. And he did.

She was now in the kitchen, making breakfast. He got up, made his way to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. He didn't want to get dressed yet. He decided to see what she was making. She was even prettier now. At 6'2', her head came up to his shoulder, and he like not having to look at her sometimes.

"Pancakes!", she shouted, holding up the spatula. She looked at him and asked in a husky voice, "You gonna shower?" He nodded, taking a sip of orange juice.

"Want me to join you?"

"If you like", he said, shrugging. He then made his way to his bathroom with her in tow. Their shower was a longish one. Well it ought to be. She hinted and hinted, but he was in no mood for another round. Finally, he relented. They finished up and got dressed.

He donned his usual work clothes. With his rich clientele at his private practice, he needed to always look presentable. Hsin owned no jeans, no t-shirts, and no sneakers. He was in a suit, or he was naked, those were the choices. He only owned dress shoes, starched shirts, and silk ties.

He chose a crimson shirt. He thought it ironically appropriate. He also chose a black silk tie. His black dress shoes were shiny as he put them on. He was putting a piece of pancake in his mouth when his phone rang. Nagasawa, again. He answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey, Sin. You read the file?"

"It's Hsin. And yes, I have."

"What do you think?"

"It's definitely him. Send the rest home."

"You haven't even met the guy yet."

"Are you doubting me, Captain?"

"Nah, of course not. It's just… Are you sure? I mean this is a big case. Sanada is breathing down our throats."

Sanada was the third richest man in the country. His nephew was killed my Akame. He was out for blood. Akame's blood.

"I'm sure, Captain. Now I need a couple of things from you."

"Sure, Anything."

"When I meet with him, he is not to be restrained."

"What?! You know what you're dealing with here?"

"I can handle myself, Captain, I can assure you."

Sigh. "Fine. What else?"

"He is to be informed of my identity and my credentials. I want him to know who I am." His impressive resumé and credentials were a stand-offish technique. Not many people had a PhD and a Masters in two different fields. And an array of experience to rival anyone's.

"Done. Anything else?"

"Oh, yes, Captain? A cup of Jasmine tea. Two sugars. And a biscuit. Each morning. Goodbye."

| Track used for muse [

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
]

Only silence fringed with his mind, but they say monsters are born in silence. Or rather made by silence.

Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.

-- Elie Wiesel

The hours spent in this 'safe-room' in that 'safe-house' were similar to a monster locked in some cage. Naturally though Shougo felt bothered not by the current situation. He knew his mind could manage whatever he ordered it to; strength was once you learned to rule over the mind not ruled by it. But he had the feeling that whatever abnormal humans could blame it on was the mind of his, while he saw it as a privilege.

The door creaked open and one of the guards entered.

- Awake, Princess? - joked he.

- And if that's not my Prince. - sarcastically as ever, Harukami opened eyes as his back faced the room from behind the bed.

- You're to meet Mister Lou Hsin in one hour. - rule number one, never give a full name to a psychopath.

Shougo laughed a bit by low voice,

- Gonna be visited by some Buddha follower coming from Tibet to teach me the way of life, or what? - he shifted his body, letting the long hair fall over shoulders like a dark veil.

The guard frowned, not liking the psycho took on some movements, so he threw a document folder onto the nearest table.

- This is for you. Make sure to do your homework, Doc. - and then the door was slammed locked.

The chains rang and rang when Harukami rolled the long strands of hair, knotting them up naturally for a tie. It was too suffocating in the room; the windows were firmly closed, the door locked and all light bulbs taken off. No real, dangerous objects were to be found. This was what 'safe-house' was about, especially when we talked about a genius with a very high IQ.

His blue eyes followed the direction of the newly introduced information. He wasn't dumb. He knew the name was given on purpose, and the folder on the table couldn't be a porn magazine, could it? He chuckled at his self-made joke. With a smoothness in his gesture, the tall figure of Shougo got off the bed. Bare footed he walked up to the table, eyes falling onto the title beautifully written on the folder.

"LOU HSIN PORTFOLIO"

He averted eyes to side into the far corner of the room, his pupils widened for the darkness. Were they mocking on him? Rule second, never give information to a psychopath of any sort.

He knew psychology, he had to know it. Not only for his diagnostic work, but also for personal knowledge. His eyes returned to the folder, a bit ticked off.

- You don't feed dogs with second hand food. - for god's sake, he knew that what he needed to know for the person could be only 'extracted' from the person themselves. So right now, he felt like a dog fed with whatever they threw him. And honestly? He really disliked that move. But then again...

Eyes eased and a grin curved.

If that Lou was the one who led them to Shougo, then mostly all was did on purpose. Question was, was it to angry Shougo and force him out of the 'comfortable zone' or was it a foolish try to make the culprit think they had enough of information, you know, like getting to know each other.

- Aye. Where have you graduated from, boy? - Harukami turned around, not even laying a finger on the folder. He returned to his bed, calming his demons for the time being.

Hsin got out of his car. The building looked grim and ad two stories. He was met by a very large man that was waiting for him at the door. The man was even taller than him.

"Sorry I was late. The Captain insisted that I see him first", he said, in a tired, exasperated voice.

"It's alright, doctor. We really have not much to do here, anyway."

He unlocked the front door, not only with keys, but also with a numbered keypad.

"The keys are needed for the outside, but not the inside. Just a code, which I will be giving you in case of an emergency exit. I needn't tell you not to say the number in front of the suspect."

"Of course not."

The man showed Hsin to the room he'll be staying in. It was large enough to be comfortable, and mundane enough not to be memorable. He put his stuff in the room, and put his cell phone on the charger. He took of his jacket and rolled up his sleeves, pulling his hair back in a loose ponytail, with strands of hair falling out of it. The man then showed him to the office he'd be working in. There was a desk in the middle of the room, and two chairs on either side. Hsin noticed that one chair was behind a black line on the floor.

"This is where the suspect will be sitting…", and this is where Hsin quietly interrupted.

"Murderer. He is not a suspect. I have previously stated that it is him."

Pause. "Yeah, well, murderer. This is where he'll be sitting. This room is sound proof, so if the murderer crosses the black line, there's a panic button under the table."

Hsin smiled a smile he didn't mean. He felt a migraine coming along, so he sat down as the man left to bring Shougo. Those damn tears were filling his eyes again. Must be the dust in the room, he thought. He blinked them away, but they neither receded, nor did they fall. Damn it, this is not the time.

As he tried to get the tears to recede, he heard the door nob.

| Track used for muse [

]

The twist of key made to unlock his door had him surprised not. Seemed one hour or so has already run across the clock. Shougo was sitting on the bed with elbows relaxed over his knees, the upper half lightly bent as for the fingers, they were in a gentle contact with each other - he's been waiting.

- Show me your hands. - the guard ordered.

Harukami glanced over, the face clearly visible as hair was tied for a reason. He cracked a smile, leveling up the wrists as palms revealed and chain dangled like a worn-out accessory of a criminal. The guard threw a single key to Shougo's way, having his gun poked with a gesture - a reminder who what role was playing there.

- Don't make drastic movements and come after you take the chains off. - another order.

Shougo quickly unlocked the metal off his flesh. Gladly the marks weren't deep, a reason why he didn't move so much. He disliked to be marked.

"Isn't this fun, Father? You always claimed a person's freedom to be a choice, but despite the freedom - he who didn't bow before Him would crawl with snapped knees. But you know..."

The chain was dropped on the floor as Harukami rose from the bed,

"...crawling is where freedom starts. But freedom has its price and what could be priced is replaceable. So freedom is not a choice you make.."

He passed by the table, carefully going by the edge, not making drastic moves but had still fingertips in a butterfly-contact with the wooden surface. It was just to nudge lightly the open document folder there - under 90 degrees. His blue gaze shifted to the guard with a calm gesture,

"..but a time you purchase."

Once he got out the room, he had quite the time to think things over. The document he got was untouched, but of course he made it look like he read it. If they wanted to see him well informed, so he'd show them what they wanted to see. He had pride in his mind; they thought he wouldn't figure out their man without the folders? Or they counted on the information for whatever reason? Interesting.

With each step made, darker his thoughts got. And he counted and counted, walking before the guard that had gun ready to use in case the suspect went ... insane.

Step one,

"Some things happen once in a life-time, others though pass by twice and thrice, then again it'd be like this until forever."

His eyes lowered their coldness, staring at the corridor pattern his bare feet slowly making their way - step two,

"Unique is though the try of humanity, how they try to convince themselves in a world that could never exist. In fact, they need a world where we, the beasts, exist."

A crawling stretch over lips, he grinned - step three,

"Since, of course, the life goes and goes with beasts and these who kill the beasts. But what is my truthful insanity compared to sanity built up on a world made of lies?"

A turn to left, another step came - step four,

"Sane or insane. A tamer or a beast, normal or abnormal - the world is made of contrast. But even the contrast itself is getting boring."

A raise of chin, his gaze saw forth and another count rang in his mind - step five,

"Paradoxically absurd is what I find for interesting, but I suppose the only moment when I can see that is when they are in between life and death. But then again,"

The counts stopped, he walked; silence was abusing his mind - why he stopped his thoughts so abruptly?

The door knob got twisted before his eyes and the room light illuminated his pupils for they squeezed at the light. He blinked away as a reflex but not really frowning, then he finished it -

"...only during success you can feel that paradox - the theory of the downfall."

With a push made from behind his back, he entered the room. The door was slammed as if the guard wanted to take rid of this sicko as fast as possible. Probably he was creep'd. And only one thing was left until the show began.

He sat down quietly.

Hsin ran his forearm along his eyes to dry them and straightened his papers. Having papers in front of him made him look official, but having an eidetic memory, he didn't need them and used them to doodle most of the time. But appearances must be kept. He used the strategy he used with all of them. With Jill the Ripper, with the Prayer Slayer, and so on. All were highly intelligent men. And he knew this one was no different. This would be a challenge, but doable nonetheless.

He stretched his back and his shirt became taught. He had returned to the gym recently and had gotten much more muscular, but he hadn't had the opportunity to buy new clothes. Note to self, he thought, go shopping after this.

He looked at the man before him with a neutral expression. "Hello, Mr. Harukami. I'm sorry, Dr. Harukami. My name is Dr. Lou, and you may call me as such. I am a forensic psychiatrist, I worked on your case." Not really worked, I all but looked at the file, he thought. His voice was bored, low and emanating from the centre of his chest.

"I will ask you a few questions, and we will be done here in no time." Hopefully. Fuck you, Nagasawa.

He looked up, teary eyes boring in the other man's. "Well, shall we?"

His eyes fell on the floor; the line was pretty neatly drawn but not even - he could notice it, exactly 2 degrees off the 90's. The male's gaze followed the pattern of the floor, reaching the tip of those shiny pair of shoes. But even then he stood indifferent.

"Hello, Mr. Harukami. I'm sorry, Dr. Harukami. My name is Dr. Lou, and you may call me as such. I am a forensic psychiatrist, I worked on your case."

"I will ask you a few questions, and we will be done here in no time."

Truth is, psychologist - rarely they made mistakes - especially when addressing psychopaths. And Shougo was almost sure the other knew he was no sane. So the game started right from the beginning.

"So impatient, isn't he?", Shougo raised his deadly, blue eyes to stare at the other.

"Well, shall we?"

In some aspects, both of them could appear as 'diagnostic' minds - one was about the health, other was about the mind.

- I've always wanted to go on a trip. - he leaned backwards, feeling the chair against back - Any suggestions, Mr. Lou?

A smile escaped him.

"Chernobyl. Heard it's lovely this time of year. I must ask you, Mr. Shougo, to call me by my appropriate title. Also, refrain from changing the matter at hand. I am just as eager as you are to make this acquaintance as brief as possible." I go back to my practice, and you rot in whatever hole they stick you in.

He knew what the man was doing. They had all tried that. Now they sit in a ward, a never-ending trail of drool pooling in their lap, strapped so tightly to a chair, they can't even wipe it off. He did his job, and did it well.

"Let's start with this, shall we? How many people have you killed?" Simple enough question. However, he knew that getting his wanted answer was not going to be so easy. He began this way, hoping it would be, leaving his bag of tricks closed, for the time being.

Dead pause was made, he enjoyed the silence a bit more before his poisonous tongue started making its way to the male's mind.

Facts sealed in mind:

* Shining shoes -> might be a sign of guilt/greediness/a covering act to hide the rotten world of his/ or just a play to show how perfect or successful he is in contrast to the trash sitting before him;

* Good enough humor to pick red color for his suit for the event -> more like a mock on;

* Seems to be bothered not by the unchained psychopath in the room -> stupid bravery accompanied with success in his 'mind games' so far;

* Spicy about titles/ranks -> probably about the name of his too;

* Chinese name -> considering the skin on the hands he's in his 20-30's with trails of mixed blood according some body signs -> he might have lived abroad according the name which is Chinese -> so strict or demanding father.

A faint chuckle escaped him.

- Why? You think your title matters to me in this very room? Please, let's be down to Earth, Doctor Lou. I suppose your father would be proud of you, unless you..ah, unless you don't polish the shoes before meeting him?

An avert of eyes, they ran across the walls to return back at the male in a quick moment. Would he confess how many he killed or play dumb? Actually, there was something more interesting he could throw at that youngster.

- Officially...or unofficially? In my mind or in reality? Which ones, Dr. Lou? Be specific.

So it's like this, eh? Quid pro quo, Clarice. Hsin sighed. "You're not very original, Mr. Harukami. What you call arrogance, I call professionalism. But I suppose I can't force you into anything. I do prefer it though if you were formal. I won't be here long."

"Why?", he mimicked. "You think the murders in your mind matter to me in this room? Let's stick to this plane of reality. I suppose your father would be proud of you, unless…". He stopped there.

"I'm more interested in the murders that even the police don't know about. There are ones only you know about. How many, Mr. Harukami?"

The migraine was intensifying. He showed no indication. P-p-p-poker face.

Speaking of originality, huh. The other hit around the bush as well, or throwing rocks back at Shougo. The male sighed, he felt awfully tired. Probably the bed wasn't comfortable enough or actually the man before him believed himself a bit too much.

- Everything has a price, Sin.

Or may be he lacked nicotine. Either way, Shougo was not moved at all by the mention of 'arrogance' or 'professionalism'. In fact, he knew that all up now the other had pride in his splendid work as a psychologist. Which on other hand though made Harukami crave something out of the ordinary - but then, when he craved anything ordinary?

"Hsin, Mr. Harukami. Not Sin." Everytime someone called him that, his anger boiled within him. He hid it well, though. He can't show anger. In fact he never showed anger.

"A price? This is not a bargain, Mr. Harukami. You are bound by law to answer my questions. Now please, answer my question. How many people have you killed?"

His tone was clipped, almost commanding. He got a a lock of hair out of his eyes.

Life itself was a bargain; and if the other thought Harukami could be bound by rules and law, he was mistaken. If it was up to Shougo, he would walk out the room right at this instant; but probably they'd force him back in. So he saw no meaning into acting like a spoiled brat.

- If that's what you believe in, so it be. I have a lot of free time for now, so you can do your ...researches and figure out by yourself.

But it was good; he was correct about his name and the reaction though was so fake. He wondered how fake that man was? Mask after mask, he'd stir them down all.

- Besides, I never said I was the murderer. I am just enjoying 'my trip'. - with a husky pitch of voice he ended his sentence. It was clear he wouldn't talk. Not to mention he adopted on some pretty bored expression.

- Any cigarettes? I'd kill for one. - he grinned, wondering if the other caught on with the 'joke'.

"You are the murderer, Mr. Harumaki. That much is certain."

The man before him was exasperating. He had such… "aboveness". The serial killer God syndrome. For the time being, he knew that he couldn't force anything out of the man. Not the way he wanted anyway.

"You killed 76 people, Mr. Harumaki, over the span of 8 years. You had no specific MO in the actual cause of death, but all had their eyes put out. They were all male."

He looked at the man. "If you allow this to go smoothly, I might just get you that ciggy."

He looked forward for their session today to end. He had asked for the guards to be scarce and so only the large man has stayed. His short stay here would be a peaceful one. In his bedroom, at least.

Another dose of facts took place in Harukami's head;

* Contradiction in mind, quite a lot.

* Uses the mirror behavior -> turning words in one's favor by 'quoting' them.

* Impatient in some aspects.

* Either tired of his work, or doesn't like his work.

* Strong sense of loyalty.

* Not shaken off easily but may be is because he's already been shaken off - ENOUGH.

* Pays attention to details, but not the important ones.

* Might be revengeful, for the high dislike of society trashes - criminals.

* Which leads to the question - Has he lost someone?

A sneaky grin, Shougo slid eyes close. He liked that brat.

- "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by experience in which we really stop looking fear in the face..for we must do what we think we cannot." - Harukami quoted a famous line by Eleanor Roosevelt. Somehow he saw it fitting in the atmosphere now. But more than anything, he wasn't really trying to scare or shake off the other. Call it, comforting him to feel 'power' over the psychopath. The sweetest downfall was when one thought they were in control.

- Doctor Lou, how many times you saw fear? - back to eyes open, he was deadly serious. The man wasn't just chit-chatting to kill time or to ...gain(?) time. The psychopath rocked off the chair, to lean forth but not really crossing the line before his feet.

- How many times you think I saw fear? The most ultimate form of freedom is when the mind breaks the boundary. Sadly enough, it has its price. But I like minds that have no price, for they are irreplaceable. Tell me now.. - Shougo raised his chin, eyes like glued to the dryness of Lou's but somehow Harukami's gaze saddened with the following question,

- ..between yours and mine, which one is the irreplaceable one? The mind of the sane or the mind of the insane?

His eyes averted with bitterness, back to their cold state,

- Then again, who is sane and who is insane? - his pupils found their place to the corners, staring from side at Hsin, - Then again, don't you think that sanity is the reason of insanity? Your sane world made the insane one, for beasts aren't born this way but made by your kind.

He rose from the chair smoothly enough to not cause panic, walking with his wrists connected to each towards the guard, leaving an interesting statement behind his broad back,

- I told you - Shougo Harukami is a diagnostic doctor, not a criminal. - a glance over shoulder, his blue eyes melted by the tortured story of an identity unknown for the world, - Are you sure you looked into the right profile?

With that said he averted back his head, lowering the hands to be cuffed. If the man in the room was smart enough, he'd know that Shougo wasn't his real name and what was more terrifying - could he really make Harukami tell him who he was and what he did, and why he did it.

As he listened to the man talk, he sat back, stroking his lower lip, enjoying the smoothness. When he stood up, Hsin felt no alarm, although he knew he should have.

"Sit back down, Mr. Harukami. We are long from finished, so if you would be so kind." He let out a light laugh-a rare thing-at the last part of that sentence.

He put his elbows on the armrests of his chair, and touched the tips of his fingers together. "You seem to be a fan of the 'should' and not the 'is'. You have an abhorrence for reality, where you are mundane, flesh and bone and blood, and very much a human being."

Hsin in turn, stood up as well, pacing slowly behind his desk as he continued. "You ask me how many times I've seen fear. I've seen fear in places you would not imagine. You see, no one is without fear. Even the powerful have fear. The powerful, of whom I'm sure you consider yourself one. But let me tell you something, Mr. Harumaki. We are both expendable. If I slit your throat right this minute, I can guarantee that no soul on this earth would shed a tear. You, Mr. Harumaki, are of no consequence, whatsoever."

"I am also a product of this world. This sane world, as you put it, and yet…" He did not finish his sentence, but merely shrugged gracefully.

He then put his knuckles on the table, looking and speaking to the other man calmly, "One more thing, Mr, Harukami, you have conveniently forgotten that freedom can be taken away."

"I will accommodate and change the question. Tell me about one of your victims. Only one."

| Track used for muse [

]

Slightly amused but still in the game, Shougo paused his step before the guard as soon as he heard a certain thing,

"You seem to be a fan of the 'should' and not the 'is'. You have an abhorrence for reality, where you are mundane, flesh and bone and blood, and very much a human being."

New fact:

* A hypocrite, pretty damn good one though.

Harukami grinned sheepishly, his 'belief' never betrayed.

"Give them a belief, they'd follow; give them an itch, they'd lead."

"You ask me how many times I've seen fear. I've seen fear in places you would not imagine. You see, no one is without fear. Even the powerful have fear. The powerful, of whom I'm sure you consider yourself one. But let me tell you something, Mr. Harumaki. We are both expendable. If I slit your throat right this minute, I can guarantee that no soul on this earth would shed a tear. You, Mr. Harumaki, are of no consequence, whatsoever."

His eyelids eased under the melodic words; how he loved that. But seemingly psychology lacked one important fact that no insane mind would reveal even at the step of death,

* Psychopaths do want to turn you insane; nothing is more thrilling than having a sane mind lose the sense of 'reality'.

But frankly, Lou knew insanity not, but chaos. Chaos in be it his mind or emotions, but not the insanity itself. How tempting.

"One more thing, Mr, Harukami, you have conveniently forgotten that freedom can be taken away."

"So naive. "

His tongue silent for any of the 'mind-attacks' Lou did. But still Harukami took his time with back turned at Hsin. The command to sit back didn't really work that easily, nor arrogance or force would work on such a man. After all, Shougo was made of these.

"I will accommodate and change the question. Tell me about one of your victims. Only one."

- Very well said, Hsin. But you forget one fact. Your freedom of knowledge is in my hands now, get used to it.

He turned around, relaxing his shoulders.

- You want a name? - he grinned as closed in with a slow pace until the level of his nose was right before Hsin's one with a slight bend of torso (the man was pretty tall), - Good. You'll have your name, but first ... - he made a pause to smile ever so sweetly with eyes closed (just like a snake in human's suit) - ..give me a cigarette.

A little smile touched Hsin's lips, and was gone almost instantly. Freedom of knowledge? "And your freedom, in it's entirety, is in my hands, not now, always. Get used to it." He scrambled under the table for the panic button and pressed it, moving away from the man gracefully. Many complimented Hsin's fluidity in his movements. He smirked inwardly. The man had crossed the black line.

The large officer walked in and his face instantly contorted in rage as he saw Harumaki.

"Officer", Hsin's voice was clear, calm, and matter-of-fact. "I would like a cigarette and a lighter, please. Along with an ashtray, I would hate to dirty this place."

The man looked at him like he had lost his mind. "Now, Officer. Please. I haven't all day."

The officer nodded and, surprised, turned to leave. "Oh, and Officer?" He looked as the man turned back. "Please return Mr. Harumaki to his seat. He seems to have misplaced it."

| Track used for muse [

]

Not affected, he was. By a slight contrast of seconds, the other male spoke with nothing more but 'throwing the ball back'. Black pupils followed the movement for the panic button, and then smoothly returned to Hsin's ones.

- Heh. -straightening his back to stand tall, his eyes rolled at the crack of door; not even a second late, were they? The angered steps were held by a few simple words coming from Lou's mouth.

"I would like a cigarette and a lighter, please. Along with an ashtray, I would hate to dirty this place."

"Touché."

No visible joy could be detected over that cold expression, but Shougo knew the other didn't like having his personal space invaded. A natural request came after that,

"Please return Mr. Harumaki to his seat. He seems to have misplaced it."

The guard seemed more than happy to use force; what to expect from police nowadays? They abused more than they should have. With a harsh tug by Harukami's arm, the bodyguard dumped the tall man onto the chair. It was needed only one press against one certain spot, and Shougo could have that gorilla with cheese-like arms; anatomy knowledge could be a great weapon. But even so, Shougo let be messed up by the force - his hair with nothing but hair strands holding the tie loosened and fell naturally over shoulders.

- How rude. - melodically he chuckled hidden under the dark veil of his hair.

They sat in silence as the officer was away getting the cigarette and lighter. The other man's hair was abominably long. Even Hsin's hair was long, but not nearly as long as that black waterfall. He started doodling on the papers in front of him. He was finishing a drawing of a fleur de lis when the officer came back into the room.

He put the cigarette, lighter, and ashtray in front of Hsin, and not Shougo. "Here you go, Doctor."

"Hmm, Officer?"

"Yes, Doctor."

"Please refrain from using such force with my…" He looked at Harumaki, with an amused expression. "Patient?" He then chuckled lightly, after which his face fell into its usual serious and neutral expression. "If you do so again unnecessarily, I will have you fired. Is that understood?"

The other man's expression was that of incredulousness then resignation. "Yes, Doctor."

He picked up the cigarette in a strange manner, like Hsin was waiting for an engagement ring to be put on his finger, the cigarette between his two long fingers, pointing upward. He then retrieved the lighter and lit the cigarette, holding the lighter sideways. He was careful not to let the flame touch his fingers. He put the lighter down.

"You may leave now, officer", he said, not looking at the large man.

He put the ciggy lightly between is lips, and took a long drag. He then put the cigarette in the ashtray and almost whispered as he slid it slowly across the table, smoke escaping his mouth meanwhile, "How polite. Strange, that."

| Track used for muse [

]

Something was scratching. Not really in his chest, or mouth. It was somewhere deeper, in his mind. The subconscious was really a damn, nasty b*tch ones Harukami went into that 'zone'. Not to mention, the objects there weren't under 90 degrees.

Each next word or movement that showed how insignificant Shougo was, danced around his madness. The man had no problem with self-esteem, nor with power-related things. All he had problem with was the paradoxical politeness spiced up with arrogance.

"Aren't you a bit too comfortable, sweetheart?" - his eyes took on a darker shade under his long hair. His body was far from hot, the bare feet were cold enough to keep the other parts of body cooled - probably a reason why he stood 'down on earth' so far.

His voice was mute, hand reached up to shift hair bangs backwards - his eyes really dead. Not even a sparkle of humanity could be seen; more like a doll's eyes. He exhaled in a chilling out manner, to reach hand for the cigarette, his ring-finger slightly pushed the square ashtray under 90 degrees.

- Must have been painful.

Completed facts:

* Tight shirt -> not really in a serious relationship, else the other part would take care of the shopping in case if Lou was so busy.

* Tired look in eyes probably due to the migraine, and in a hurry to get it done -> lack of sleep.

* Migraine -> genetic migraine is not controlled, so it was post-traumatic effect.

* Loss of a close one.

Shougo rose his eyes, not really in a mood - could be read in his deep and low voice,

- What was the feeling when you.... - he titled head, with a short pause to get straight a few facts in his mind.

* Noticed the 'only man' part in Shougo's profile - aware of sex.

* Smooth movements and very playboyish behavior once in a while, especially with the 'I am a solo - I rule' air around him - pretty much a lady killer.

* Switching from one side to other could be possible, but then again only a woman could ruin a man to this degree, for they had always a special place (just like mothers do).

-..lost her? - his eyes broke the eye contact since not really interested how the other would react, then back to staring at the good old friend, the wall.

- You wanted a name - cigarette still in the ashtray with his hand over it - Misarou Hajime.

Once the name volume'd his lips, he pressed finger to force the cigarette down and put it out. Showing that 'smoking' never actually was the thing he wanted, but to make Lou play the game as Harukami wanted.