Migration (Free! RP)

Ero Gaki

Migration, a Free! RP

Story:

Makoto and Haruka decide to travel the world during their summer break due to their friends already having made separate plans. Through their adventures, the two boys feel a strong connection developing between them, but they also see strange things happening to them along the way. Will their friendship bloom into something more? What is going on with the mysterious happenings?

CHARACTERS:

Makoto Tachibana (Bikky)

10dhbhj.jpg

Role: Seme

- Makoto is a kind man who smiles a lot. He is a positive-thinker and he is cheerful most of the time. He is Haruka's childhood friend so he knows Haruka more than the others in the group.

Haruka Nanase (クローバー (Clover))

e5fwrb.jpg

Role: Uke

- Haruka, also known as Haru, is a stoic man who only cares about any bodies of water to swim on and Mackarels. He never really talks about anything specific, but he opens up the most towards Makoto, his childhood and best friend.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ero Gaki

• クローバー (Clover)

Coming out of the locker room after the last practice of the school year, Haruka waited outside of the school for Makoto for the usual walk home from school. As he thought about Rei and Nagisa's plans to go backpacking in Okinawa, he realized that he had no plans for the break in between this practice and the start of their summer training. He knew that Samezuka Academy's school year ended later than that of Iwatobi, so the mere thought of visiting Rin seemed out of the question. He stood by the entrance of the school, checking the time on his watch.

"Haru~." Makoto called out as he went running from the school lobby towards the school entrance. He was done sorting out his locker since he'll be away from the school considering that it's their break already so he wouldn't want to leave his locker messy. He didn't have any particular plans, but he wasn't really paying attention to it. He thought that maybe his family will go on a trip and that they still haven't informed him. He was just waiting for an invitation. Afterall, going alone on a trip is not an option. Makoto is the type of guy to share some experiences such as adventurous trips with the people he is close with. His other swimming buddies were having their own separate phase, and Haruka was the only free one.

"I'm sorry for taking so long. I had to throw some unimportant stuffs in my locker and all." Makoto said as he clapped his hands together and apologized.

"It's fine." Haru replied. "Shall we go now?"

The black-haired boy started to walk away from the school. His parents didn't usually do anything for the summer without telling him in advance, and this year, no advance notice was given, so he assumed he had no plans. However, he wasn't sure about Makoto. He couldn't remember his friend saying anything about his summer plans during any of the previous swim practices.

"Do you have plans for summer break?" Haru asked.

"I'm not very sure about it. I'm sure mom and dad will take Ren and Ran somewhere. But I don't know about me since I'm always having some swimming practices whenever they go outing and I'm pretty sure they got used to me not going with them." Makoto replied as he sighed. He really didn't want to laze off during his break since he knew that it'll be a busy school year again when he comes back so as much as possible, he would gladly go somewhere to relax.

"How about you, Haru?" Makoto then smiled as he asked.

"Me? My parents haven't told me of any plans, so I assume they're not doing anything for the summer." Haru said. "I heard Rei and Nagisa were backpacking in Okinawa, so they had to leave practice early today."

The image of the smallest member of the swim club eagerly urging his boyfriend to hurry up so they could leave was fresh in Haru's mind as he thought about it. Though he almost never directly showed it, Haru felt happy for the two of them. Despite their imperfections and differences, they were still happy together. Haru could only wonder what their trip together would do for their relationship.

"I knew it. You're always home alone whenever we visit your house." Makoto replied. "Nagisa sent me a text message regarding their trip too. Lucky them, they"re already making the most out of their leisure."

Makoto really wanted to go out of town. The team went through a lot during the recent school year and it really bothers him to waste his time in the same old province. When he looked at the stoic Haru beside him, he felt worried about how Haru will manage to live onto his break without swimming- The school will obviously close and that implies how the pool will temporarily be unavailable. Sure there's the sea, but Haru still prefers the taste of Chlorine than the saltwater. It makes Makoto worry.

And so as they were walking, Makoto suddenly thought of an idea. "How about we take a trip to some places together, Haru?" He bluntly suggested with that smile of his.

Haru turned to look at his friend as he made the suggestion. Traveling with Makoto sounded much better than staying home and swimming in the sea.

"Sure. It sounds like a good idea." Haru said. "Are there any specific places you have in mind?"

"Hmm.." Makoto hummed as he was thinking of an idea where to go. On his previous breaks, he was always practicing swimming with the others so going out of town was truly a rare case for him. He wasn't really good at familiarizing town names so he specifically cannot give a name. Or maybe.. how about a tour around the world?

"Haru! How about we visit other countries? Our break is long-termed so we can visit some countries that we want to!" Makoto cheerfully suggested until he thought of the con. "Ah, but the budget will be a problem." He added with a disappointed look.

"Money will definitely be a problem." Haru said. "I'm not sure how we'd make up for that..."

Truthfully, Haru didn't really work. All he did was cook fish and... Well...

"Do you have any ideas on how to make money?" he asked. "I was thinking of cooking fish or something. I could learn some other dishes, and we could set up a stand at a beach."

Makoto scratched the side of his forehead and gave an awkward smile. "Right.." Makoto's family isn't really that rich, but they could afford. But Makoto wasn't so sure if they could really afford going outside the country. He still suggested it anyway since it's a clever idea even though he knew that money is a tight problem.

When Haruka mentioned something about cooking, Makoto chuckled. "By fish you mean, Mackerels?" Makoto then smiled. "You definitely should learn some other dishes like French cuisines or maybe simple Japanese dishes."

Makoto still haven't lost his sea phobia, but when that incident where he saved Rei happened, his phobia wasn't that worse as before. He still was reluctant about going to the beach, but since Haru is with him and Haru knew about his phobia, then it wouldn't be that bad. He took a pause until he finally said: "A Beach sounds fine." with his usual smile.

"You don't have to go near the water." Haru said. "Maybe today we can look at other dishes at my house."

Haru knew full well that his friend wasn't too keen about being near the ocean since the incident when Rei nearly drowned, but the beach was where a lot of seafood was served in his experience.

"Do you think it would be easy to make yakitori?" he asked.

"It's okay. I can handle it somehow. It's not like I can't swim." Makoto answered as he rubbed the back of his head. "I was also planning to go to your house since I do not have any plans yet." Makoto cheerfully added.

Makoto was smiling by the thought of seeing Haru cook dishes that do not contain any Mackerel on it. Mackerels are delicious, but it's bad if you keep on eating it for the whole week. Makoto is always concerned with Haruka, so hearing Haruka say that he'll cook other dishes other than Mackerel gave him this certain relief.

"I think it is. Do you have any chicken in your refrigerator?" Makoto asked.

"I don't know." Haru said. "I'll have to check when we get back home."

Soon, they were at Haru's house. He unlocked the door and opened the door for Makoto before going in himself.

"I'm home." he said, looking around for his parents. "They're not home. Let's check now."

Haru went into the kitchen and opened the freezer.

"Well, they do have chicken." he said. "It needs to defrost, though."

He set the chicken in the sink, going over to the computer to look up some yakitori recipes.

Makoto sat on a Tatami mat and read a swimming magazine Haru had on the table. "Ah, just call me if you needed any help, Haru. I'm not good at cooking, so.." Makoto said to Haru as he took a gaze on Haruka, who was using the computer.

"It's really rare for you to use the computer Haru." Makoto giggled then. Haru wasn't really a fan of technologies. He finds them troublesome. He even only uses his phone rarely too.

"I need it to look up recipes." Haru said. "I'm not sure where they leave the cookbooks since I usually am soaking in the tub while they cook."

Once he found a good recipe, he looked around for the other ingredients, starting with leeks. He found a leek in the fridge and went into the pantry to look for other ingredients. It wasn't like he didn't know any other ingredients. He just didn't know how to use them.

"I'll look for the cookbooks then since I'm not really doing anything." Makoto offered as he stood up from the Tatami mat and he wandered around the Japanese-style living room that Haruka's home has. Makoto looked around until he found a bookshelf.

"What did you find, Haru?" Makoto called out while he was looking for cookbooks in the shelves. The books were a little messy and dusty. Maybe Haru's family were really that busy enough to not mind the shelf. While his at it, he was checking the old books. He found an Encyclopedia from letter P to R, and then he also found some old issues of Haruka's favorite magazines.

When Makoto found a photo album, he opened it and he smiled when he saw the contents. That album contains the pictures of Haru's childhood- with Makoto. They used to hold hands a lot and to be honest, Makoto missed those times where he used to hold Haru's hand.

"Thank you, Makoto." Haru said as he continued to gather materials for cooking. He took a while to find some bamboo skewers before he looked over to Makoto looking in a photo album. He stopped what he was doing to go see what exactly he was looking at. When he saw the pictures of himself and Makoto holding hands, he blushed a little.

"What are you looking at exactly?" he asked.

"Ah, Haru, look. I found an album with our childhood picture-compilation." Makoto said as he smiled and he showed Haruka the album. "We were so cute back then!" Makoto said as he giggled. Makoto paused for a while until his face showed an expression filled with nostalgia. "How nostalgic." Makoto softly said. Makoto pointed a picture where Haruka hugged Makoto tightly.

"If I remember it well, this was when I can't sleep during my first sleepover here and then you hugged me to make me feel at ease." Makoto then chuckled. "I was such a scaredy-cat!"

Haru blushed a little as he looked at the pictures. He did remember those moments, especially their first sleepover. It was the first time the he felt truly connected to someone.

"I remember it too." he replied before going into a long period of silence as they perused pictures together. He then came across the one that was taken during their first competition when they were teammates with Nagisa and Rin. The nostalgia had no visible effect externally, but internally, he felt a sense of longing when he looked at Makoto in the picture. He never talked much as a child, and that held true to the present day. However, he felt like he never really knew his "friends". It was times like these that he wished to have been more sociable.

"Makoto." Haru said. "What about the cookbooks? We can look at more photos later."

Makoto knew that Haruka remembers it all. Even though Haruka is a stoic person, Haruka also has feelings, and Makoto could tell what Haruka was feeling at that time. Just like last year's first week of school, Haruka thought that he wanted to swim already yet it didn't show in his face but despite that, Makoto knew what exactly Haruka was thinking. That's just how Makoto is close to Haruka.

"Ah, Gomen. I got swept way by these photos." Makoto said with an apologetic face. He immediately returned the photo album and then he looked for some cookbooks. On the third row of the shelf, he finally saw a cookbook. Like the other books, it was dusty and it looked old already. "Haru! I found one." With a relieved look, he handed the cookbook to Haruka.

"We can look at them together later." Haruka said. He knew how much of a sucker Makoto was for those cute childhood memories, and since they were close friends, it was only fair that he'd let him have his fun. Haruka took the cookbook and flipped through it, finding another yakitori preparation.

"This preparation seems much easier than the one I found with the computer." he stated. "However, I have a feeling that the flavor will suffer because of that. I'll try this preparation and see for myself."

Haru put on his favorite apron and got to work.

"Good luck with your first Yakitori. Though I'll probably still eat it even though you overcooked it." Makoto said as he laughed at his own tease. "Oh, and I can be your taster. Just tell me anytime, Haru." He added. He stayed on the Tatami Mat as he took a napping position in the table. "I wonder how Rei and Nagisa are doing." He muttered.

"Ne, Haru, did you notice anything about them?" He asked as he sat straight from his napping position. He placed both of his hands on the floor and then he tilted his head. "They seem closer than before.. Or maybe I'm just imagining things?" He said. Makoto thought that maybe Haru doesn't care about it at all, but knowing Makoto, he also acts like the Mother-figure on the team, so it was just like him to ask something like that out of a sudden.

"Rei isn't as uptight as he was when we first met him, though he's still very particular in the way he carries himself. It might be Nagisa rubbing off on him a little." Haruka commented as he prepared the sauce for the chicken. "Nagisa, on the other hand, hasn't changed as much, though his energy is somewhat more focused now. I can see it in his practice regimen. He's been training more rigorously in these past few weeks. Maybe he wants to be fit for Rei."

Once the chicken had defrosted, he looked at it, turning it around and flipping it on its back. It wasn't obvious in his expression, but he was confused.

"Makoto, where should I cut to get the meat of the chicken's thighs?" he asked.

"Hmm.. Yeah, I guess so." Makoto replied. But still, his question still lingered in his mind. "Is that really what there is to them? And if they're taking a normal break in Okinawa, why did they not invite us?" Makoto thought as he sighed. He was really thinking too much.

"Eh? Where?" Makoto repeated. He stood up from the Tatami mat and went towards Haru. He looked at the defrosted chicken and scratched his head. "Just where exactly?" He also asked as he smiled awkwardly. He did tell Haru that he'll help, but really, he also didn't have an idea where to cut.