Most depressing yaoi anime?

Nena21

Which was the most depressing yaoi anime or ova you have ever seen?

For me it's Ai no Kusabi... It made me so sad and depressed that I can't tell :leaf16:

• Like 4

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JenovaVII

• lotusflower

• koukoutsi

• R.I.O

For me it was Mirage of Blaze. Don't even want to remember the feeling that I had after watching it :cuteonion55: I was soooooo depressed and didn't feel like doing anything...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't really depressed because I enjoy the angst but yeah, I also think that Ai no Kusabi and Mirage Of Blaze are the saddest shounen-ai/yaoi anime out there. That is why I love them so much :cuteonion7:

~

However, what really got me depressed was Papa To Kiss In The Dark...

It was so damned bad I just wish I could erase the memory that I watched it from my mind +.+

• Like 4

Ai no Kuasabi... it was so depressing that I regreted that I watched it :leaf9: I wouldn't watch it for a second time not even for a million dollars (ok, I'm exaggerating now) :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i agree

i think Winter Cicada was most depressing

they were so in love and in the end they died

just like Ai no Kusabi

they could have had a full life together

:leaf9:

• Like 1

X/1999.

That scene when Subaru kills Seishirou in the end...those words uttered by Sei and only Subaru could hear..

OMG! I went insane!!! I was crying so hard like I lost something so sacred. I mean I didn't even cry that hard when our house got burned to the ground. LOL

I was having palpitations. I could not eat. I was too shocked. Much too affected. The images were still fresh in my head for weeks. I was like a zombie. Tears would stream down my cheeks again whenever I would be reminded of it.

But I'm better now. Heheh! I am THAT affected because I've been following Sei and Subaru since Tokyo Babylon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ai No Kusabi.Mirage of Blaze and Zetsuai (they are all my favorite):hamtaro-005 (5):

why does they have to be so sad :leaf7:

• Like 1

@ sarah

It's exactly because of their sad atmosphere that they are such intense and amazing stories. I also adore the three of them. Can never get tired of reading/watching them. They are simply too beautiful.

foxy3

• Like 1

@ sarah

It's exactly because of their sad atmosphere that they are such intense and amazing stories. I also adore the three of them. Can never get tired of reading/watching them. They are simply too beautiful.

foxy3

you know you're right , i sound like a masochist .. hehe >_

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Winter Cicada. But Ai no Kusabi made me bawl.

It was my first hardcore yaoi as well DDDD:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Totally agreed! Winter Cicada was one of the saddest. I was liking it in the beginning. Great Stuff.

But When I reached the middle of it I started to cry like crazy D:

Also Ai no Kusabi was one of my first Yaoi Anime and the end really made me cry :(:( Even tough it was one of the best endings I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Given the fact that I haven't seen all the yaoi animes that are out there(shame on me), I would choose from the ones that I've seen...So I would say Winter Cicada. Hell, I cried in the middle, I cried when the end was coming and I cried at the end T_T. The whole day I was sad :( . I tried to avoid watching sad yaoi animes, because I knew they would make me feel worse...but I don't regret it. Winter Cicada had an amazing plot, well drawn characters and it was worth watching, even if it was sad.

my most depressing yaoi i've seen "ai no kusabi".. i felt sad by the way things ended. It was too heartbreaking, afterall... Riki finally realizes his feelings towards Lason and then... that happened. :( :(

• Like 1

but we have to keep strong

no matter how sad the story turns out

and dont forget that Winter Cicada is acting

by the actors Katou and Iwaki in Haru wo Daite Ita....

what the hell am i saying

that ending broke my heart:leaf16:

I've read many depressing manga but I don't really remember names :p so I'll just number the anime (they're not many). The most depressing were Winter Cicada and Legend of the Blue Wolves.

Please don't write spoilers (or at least use that option to hide it) cause I really wanted to watch Ai no Kusabi and now that I have an idea of how it ends I'm not sure I wanna watch it anymore.

loveless, butterfly have been touching - I want to read suggested ones on here now that affected so many and made them cry.....

• 2 months later...