The start of the perfect suburban family (Not.)

Katla

Name: Ryu Hashime

Appearance:

hijika10.jpg

(Roughly 6 foot tall.)

Personality: A very stubborn but honest type of person who is extremely laid back and can easily gain new friends without much difficulties. He's always been a mediocre student who passes his classes without any superb grades, yet he loves skipping classes whenever he can so that he can nap or simply laze around. Whenever Ryu feels stressed he smokes a single cigarette, but other than that he refrains from smoking. (mostly because his father threatened to murder him after catching his son smoking one day).

His good looks (black hair + amber eyes along with a handsome face certainly call for attention) make him quite popular with the ladies, yet he always seems to refrain from being around girls too much. He thinks they are rather loud and annoying at times, but will usually pretend like he's just the same as any other teenage male who can't stop gawking at flirty and giggly girls. The game of pretence saves him the trouble of being asked why he doesn't feel particularly interested in females.

Ryu's lazy nature prevents him from feeling particularly interested in any type of sports, yet he is fit without any indication of looking scrawny or weak (one of those bastards that doesn't have to lift a little finger to look yummy). He has a bit of a temper which when provoked will lead to physical fights, and he wont hesitate to slap girls if they piss him off enough.

Ryu loves food, dogs, naps and having a good laugh. What he dislikes are loud people (especially females), cold rainy days, being forced to do physical activity and being hungry.

Background: His mother left him and his dad when Ryu was 6 years old, and since that day he vowed never to trust women again. He still holds a bit of an -iffy- feeling towards most females even when he himself tries to reason that there's a bit of a silly reasoning behind the dislike. He has never dated anyone so far, and has started to think of himself as somewhat of an asexual person. Yet the boy has easily fallen into the habit of pretence, where he pretends to have crushes on chicks so he can better fit in.

Him and his father (Katashi) always got along well, and there was hardly any problems in the household. His father stayed single until Ryu was nearing 16, but it was then that he had noticed a bit of a change in his father's behaviour. He had been going frequently on business trips (he works as a salesman) and would often not come home for a whole weekend. The day after Ryu's 17th birthday, he finally announced that he was married and that they would be moving soon to another town. Ryu was told he now had a new mom and a brother, whom would even be going to the same class as him!

Those news were not something the 17 year old male could swallow easily, yet he had little say in the matter and now finds himself on a trip with all of his belongings in a suitcase to meet his new step mom and apparently step brother as well.

Ryu tapped his fingers to the beat of the song on the radio. He didn't know the name of that song, and frankly he didn't care at all. He had only turned up the volume of the radio so he could block out the voice of his father whom had been busy with describing how wonderful things would be and how much Ryu would love his new family. New.. family. Ryu had never asked for such a thing. He had never made stupid demands and asking for a new mom; not as a kid and most certainly not now after he had so recently turned 17. So the teen promptly ignored his father, and every time the older male tried to tune the radio down, Ryu would quickly snatch the volume up again. It didn't matter to him if the music was so loud that his head was starting to hurt, anything would be better than to hear the old man start talking again. He knew that his father was glancing his way with soft sighs, and a small part of Ryu felt a bit stupid for acting this childishly, yet he couldn't contain himself. He felt too damn frustrated after being thrown into this situation head on without even so much as a warning. So he was going to let the old man sweat a bit and think again before he'd treat his only child like that again.

The music was suddenly cranked down, and the teen looked with annoyance to the side. His amber coloured orbs met the dark brown ones of his father. There was a bit of guilt reflected within the darker eyes, and immediately Ryu looked away. He didn't want to feel guilty nor sad for throwing a tantrum. He totally deserves this. His arms were crossed in front of his chest, while Ryu gave his dad a 'what do you want' look.

"We are almost there. Look there is your school. It'd probably be good if you could quickly memorize the way there although I am sure you will be going there every day together with your new brother."

"The heck I will...."

The words were mumbled out as Ryu sunk deeper into the car seat and absolutely refused to look out of the window in order to see that stupid new school. He was perfectly fine with his old one, and his old life. His ears were soon rewarded with a deep sigh from his dad. But the older male knew better than to scold his son. He did understand that things had happened a bit quickly, and the teen just needed some time to gather his senses and come to terms with how things were going to be from now on. Little did he know that his rebellious teen was already starting to think up plans in order to split up this stupid marriage.

I need a cigarette.....

The car came to a sudden halt and finally, although reluctantly, Ryu looked out. It wasn't a very impressive house, but of a moderate size. He knew right away that they wouldn't be overly cramped. Maybe he wouldn't even have to share a room with his 'new brother'. Good...although that could have sped up my plan to ruin everything. If I want to attack the mom, it's best to go straight towards what she loves the most. His father swung open the car door and stepped out. His head was poked inside of the car as he gave Ryu a levelled look. One silent second passed, and it seemed like the old man wanted to say something. Another second, and he was starting to squirm. Come on now... Perhaps this was the moment when he would admit that he had been wrong about marrying that skank, and they could go home again?

"Listen, be nice and polite or I will make you sleep outside. For the remainder of this month."

Damn.. so much for those plans.

"Yeah yeah.. empty threats one more time."

The sulky teen opened his own car doors and slunk outside of the car before slamming the door extra harshly. Just to tick the old man off a bit. And it worked, of course. He heard a soft muttering curse come from the other side of the car, before they were reunited in front of it. There was movement inside of the house, a flutter of curtains. We are expected. The wicked witch has plans. A smirk tugged on the corners of his mouth, whilst he wondered what his step mom would be like. If she was going to start out with playing the mommy type, he would make sure to give her the roughest time of her life. She would beg to divorce his dad before the end of the week. So here I come mommy... throw your best shot at me.

They were upon the door, his father's finger pushed the doorbell in, held it, and then let go. Hurried steps were quickly heard, and Ryu inhaled slowly. He was very aware of the looming presence of his father whom stood behind him, and was probably ready to give his son a smack on the head if he wouldn't prove respectful and polite. The door swung open, and Ryu plastered on a fake smile.

"Heellooooo~"

(

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
Here ya go ^^ Hope you enjoy the little start up! I had hoped to make it a lil longer but my head is eeeemptyyyyyyyyy.)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katla

• UndertheWeather

large.jpg

Name: Matsushita Naoki (Last Name-First Name; Formerly: Inoue Naoki; Present: Hashime Naoki)

Birthday: 11th January

Height: 189cm (sorry my brain does not comprehend imperial system)

Appearance: Dark brown hair and Light brown eyes

Description: It is not a coincidence that Naoki is the vice-president of the student union in the school; he is serious, meticulous, and determined. Everything he does is pre-planned and thought-out in an analytical and economical way, including his own life. He does not crack a joke, nor does he laugh at jokes; in fact, he has a short fuse for stupid jokes, which is pretty much any joke that iss thrown his way. For that matter, he has a short fuse for anything that does not sit well with him. Physical violence, though, is not a characteristic behaviour of his despite his short fuse.

Given his personal characteristics, it is not surprising that he has very little friends. Astonishingly, however, he does have a best friend and a girlfriend. The president of the student union, Tsuchiya Keiichi, is his childhood friend, and even though their personalities are polar opposites, they seem to be able to get along just fine. His girlfriend, Nagata Yori, however, is more of a sketchy character in his life. She is a year younger than him, and their now-five-months relationship seems to have a fuzzy beginning. Not that it is working very well at the moment.

Naoki is an avid swimmer, and competes at the national level for the school. It is the other one thing that he truly cares about, apart from his academic performance.

Background: Smoking has always been part of his life since he was young. When he started smoking at 12, his parents, who were chain-smokers themselves, did not bat an eye. In the beginning, it was an irregular habit despite living in a smoky home, but when his parents got a divorce four years later, smoking became a major part of his life. He smokes very often, even when he is at school. When his mother, who gained custody over him, quickly got into a relationship with a new man just under a month of the divorce, Naoki became more upset, and began to smoke even more. On top of that, she began to push him towards quitting. This irritated him further, not because she nudged him, but because she had done so for her new boyfriend who disagrees with smoking behaviour; she herself had turned cold turkey. Love, he thinks, is stupid.

Things did not turn out any better as time passes. Even though he saw it coming, listening to the words being physically verbalised broke him like a bubble overblown in a dream. She was getting married. He had stopped rebelling in his own tiny way. The marriage happened, and he accepted it. The knowledge of a new brother was not a welcoming news either.

The door swung open. A matching set of light brown eyes, peevishly stared at the two figures from behind a pair of red frame glasses. The young male stood tall and firm by the door, his grip still around the door knob, and his feet secured on the carpeted floor; there was no sign of movement or any intention to invite them in, only the potential action of closing the door on the faces of his new family members.

The corner of his lips quivered, and he flashed the two a brief forced half-smile. It was apparent that he did not care enough to attempt to mask his annoyance, especially at the loud greeting, and fake smile. From the corners of his narrowed eyes, he looked down at Ryu from his slightly advantageous height with obvious disgust and indignation.

May I help you?” he asked the two with a tone of fake ignorance, as if they were insurance sellers. The mint smell of the gum that he was chewing was apparently not strong enough to mask the strong smell of the cigarette that had by now become a part of him. Even at a distance, the two could perceive the heavy odour of cigarette from his hair, his clothes, his being…

Just then, his mother, all bubbly and glad, rushed down the hallway to greet the two, pushing Naoki from where he had rooted himself. He looked at her, appalled.

Hello dear! How was the journey? I hope it wasn’t too bad,” she chirped, reaching out to hug and kiss her husband. For a moment, the couple were transported across dimensions to an alternate reality of romance where there exists only them, tangled in each other’s arms, rolling about in beds of roses, leaving the two adolescents in the present, physical reality, brawling in their own childish way.

Naoki was now leaning against the door, his arms crossed across his chest, his posture half-relaxed. In silence, he glared at his younger brother. This was the first time he met Ryu, and putting descriptions to face, he did not find it quite so surprising. Whatever he was told about Ryu from his mother, who had not met the young male herself, he had not believed. There was nothing nice or friendly about this brat; he must admit though, that Ryu was attractive, the only thing that was fitting with the description. But who cares.

The big official wedding day that was just around the corner would be a nightmare if he had to stick around all day with this little…He threw Ryu a disgusted look, and grunted at the thought.

Naoki, help your father and brother with the luggage,” she called out to him, unaware of his burning resentment, or rather she was ignoring his childish acts. Turning to Ryu, she said to him with a broad smile, “I hope we’ll get along, and you with Naoki too.

“May I help you?”

The cool voice made Ryu cease with the smiling, as he realized that instead of a female opening the door, there was a male standing there. Or more like he was towering there with an air of hostility surrounding him, and obviously no intent on letting the two who stood outside into the house. Ah so this must be my new brother. Charming. Ryu's eyes looked the other swiftly over, before a matching coldness and annoyance were reflected within the golden orbs. Man, why does he have to be taller than me? And he looks really manly.... what the heck. I had hoped to be meeting a small guy that I could bully a bit. His nose twitched, was that .. cigarettes he smelled? Normally the smell of smoke and cigarettes wasn't something that Ryu enjoyed a lot. But at this moment he really was craving a coffin nail to light up. His father was starting to fidget a bit in the background, and just as Ryu was about to part his lips and utter out something not very polite or respectful, a female voice interrupted.

“Hello dear! How was the journey? I hope it wasn’t too bad,”

Ryu was almost ran down as the female rushed out of the house and into the arms of his father, whom was already murmuring sweet nothings to his beloved woman. They were gazing at each other, exchanging kisses and lovey dovey words that seemed to be ripped straight out of a romance novel. Oh give me a break. The rosy coloured scenery was enough to make him want to gag, yet he was a bit surprised to see this side to his father. He had never seen his dad date anyone before and therefore had been unaware that the man could be so ... emotional and sweet. Ew. With an annoyed sigh he looked away from the two who were acting as if they had been separated for years, and in return his gaze went back to his 'brother'. The light brown eyes of the other male were glaring in Ryu's direction, whom instead only smirked and raised an eyebrow with question reflected in his handsome face. Was there a silent challenge being issued? Did that brat want to have a competition towards who could be quicker to ruin the relationship of the parents? Are you sure you wish to challenge me? Perhaps the visit here, which he intended to have short, wouldn't be as boring as Ryu had thought at first.

“Naoki, help your father and brother with the luggage,”

Ryu couldn't help but grin even wider at the other male as he heard the mom of the house give some orders. "Yeah Naoki-kun, it'd be reaaally helpful if you could carry my suitcase into the house and into my room. It seems like the long trip in the car has made me a bit stiff and sore." He made sure to keep his voice as friendly as he could in order to fool the grown ups, yet there was no mistaking the glint of humour in his eyes as he looked teasingly at Naoki. If he was going to be forced to stay here, he could at least have that guy do what was boring and difficult. Ryu was probably the most lazy guy one could encounter, and whenever he was forced to do something he seemed to have a gift of looking really busy without actually doing anything. In return to the woman's statement of hoping that they would all get along, Ryu turned towards her with one of his most friendly and best performed smiles there were.

"Oh I am sure we will all get along just fine and dandy, right Naoki-kun?"

He knew his father was staring at him with a look of disbelief and suspicion, because this sudden change of mood and attitude just screamed out an alarm to the older man. After all, he was the one who knew his son best of all, and the stubborn Ryu was never this quick to change his mind and decide to go along with things.

What was that? He looked at Ryu with a raised eyebrow. Not only was his new baby brother a loud pain in the neck, but here he was acting like a girl; even the chatterbox, perpetually-squealing Nagata Yori was not as infantile as his new brother – but that was of course not accounting for the fact that he had not spent way too much time with her despite their acknowledgement of a mutual romantic relationship. He did not, however, care if his evaluation of Ryu was based on faulty logic, it would not make much of a difference to their already-strained relationship.

Naoki had the choice to either ignore the boy or play along with the game. The former would mean that Ryu might continue to pest him until he gets bored, and the latter a risk of having him stuck in his nerves and threaten to explode his mind in exchange for a little bit of satisfaction in seeing the arrogant male crushed under him. Under normal circumstances, he would not have second thoughts and go with the first choice. But on this very morning, when his mood was at the lowest, being confronted by an unusually irritating situation tempted him to play the dangerous bet. He had not had a puff since the time he was out of bed as requested by his mother; in that way, he would not smell so strongly of cigarette when they arrived.

Walking past the three towards the car, Naoki turned around and said in an artificial tone of warmth, and a straight face, “I am sure we will. Now, wouldn’t you join me in some quality time carrying the suitcases into the house, Otouto?” He had apparently taken the liberty of assigning himself as the older brother between the two. To be completely honest, he did not know how old Ryu was, or for that matter anything about him. All he knew was his name, and a sparse variety of superficial descriptions, like nice, friendly and handsome.

From his pocket he fished out a packet of cigarette, and kept it by his side where its presence was only visible from where Ryu was standing in the hopes that the male would be attracted to the cigarette and join him by the car boot even if he was not going to do any carrying. Knowing that his step-father disagrees with smoking, he assumed that Ryu either doesn’t smoke, or was restricted from smoking; either way he hoped that the cigarette would lure him into being away from their parents. If he was going to act uncivilly, he would have to do it out of his mother’s sight.

He tapped the cigarette box against his thigh briefly to attract the attention of the younger male before turning around and continued on his short journey towards the car where the suitcases were waiting.

I’m pretty sure you can handle it on your own, Nao-kun,” called his mother in a high tone, “Let Ryu-kun have his rest. It’s been a long journey.” He ignored her. She giggled, and taking her husband by the arm, let him into the house.

Briefly, Naoki glanced over his shoulder and looked at the couple disappeared into the house. He had been waiting all morning for this time – for his cigarette.

“I am sure we will. Now, wouldn’t you join me in some quality time carrying the suitcases into the house, Otouto?”

Quality time? Otouto?!

Ryu's face turned into a big scowl whilst he had to bite his tongue so he wouldn't say anything pissy. He was not going to be addressed as a little brother, especially not by that .... stone faced person that was trying to look cooler than he was. Aren't we the same age anyway? He hadn't exactly been listening when his dad had been yapping on about the perfect new family. What he had heard was that his 'brother' was a good kid.. and there had been something mentioning glasses? Ah whatever. The real deal is standing in front of me, and keeps getting on my nerves. The annoyance wasn't easily visible on Ryu's face however, as he had gotten years of acting experience in school. I should just excuse myself and go inside. No way am I carrying a suitcase...

"Actually I-.... sure thing! I can help out with the suitcases."

His mind had taken a complete turn after he spotted a cigarette package on Naoki. Fuck yes, I am so getting one of those cigarettes. His whole mood would improve instantly, if only he would get to suck on one of those for a minute or two. He didn't feel worried at all for having to stay outside alone with his brother, since that four eyed stern faced idiot looked about as harmless as a fly. I'm sure he's a nerd. An epic nerd. Which might be handy, then he can do my homework. It didn't matter if the other was taller or looked a bit fit. Ryu had met bigger guys that were as soft as kittens when you pushed them around. Maybe Ryu could find out just how much he could push this guy when the parents wouldn't be around.

“I’m pretty sure you can handle it on your own, Nao-kun, let Ryu-kun have his rest. It’s been a long journey.”

"Oh that's alright, we can have a good chance to bond over the... suitcases."

Ryu smiled a dazzling smile, one that would have brought most if not all of the girls back at his old school to their knees, before he almost literally ushered the two inside of the house. His father had started to mumbled something about him behaving, and there were some silent threats behind the words as well, but Ryu only waved the old man in with a smirk. Perhaps it would come in handy to have that woman around to distract his dad. As soon as the door closed behind the two, he turned on his heel and walked briskly towards where the other male was. Instantly that cheerful attitude was dropped since he had no parents to try and impress. He let out a loud yawn while stretching his lean yet firm body, and cracking his neck with a satisfied groan. He really -was- stiff after the journey. His foot kicked at the ground as he glanced in the direction of Naoki.

"Man does this suck. I most certainly did not want to watch my dad suck face with your mom. Eugh. And don't go calling me your little brother damn it. I thought we were really close in age?"

A small wrinkling of his nose in annoyance better portrayed his feelings over this matter as he now stood in front of Naoki, eyeing the cigarettes eagerly. Although not too eagerly, that might give the other male unwanted ideas of having the upper hand as he was in possession of said cigarette package. Tsk I will tackle him down and rip the cigarettes out of his hands if he refuses me.

"Give me one? I can't believe my luck right now, I thought I'd go insane if I had to spend one more hour without a smoke. But then my dearly beloved new brother seems to be a chain-smoker, how lucky."

Naoki found himself sighing in relief within the confinement of his mind; his countenance, though, was still as stiff as a statue, the furrowed brows still in place, and lips still pursed. Ryu had seen the cigarette and taken the bait willingly – something about Ryu that he would never forget, something that he could use to lure him into his plans. For the moment though, he had no plan, which is very uncharacteristic of him. It made him feel slightly uncomfortable, but now that he was on the roll with the choice, he might as well play along with it – even though he was pretty bad at being spontaneous.

The minute or two that Ryu had with his father, and the extra minute he took to stretch his stiff posture into flexibility flew almost instantly as Naoki hurriedly attempt to think up of something smart to say or do. Maybe it was a bad choice after all. No, he told himself, there was no point in ruminating over what was done. The cost had been sunk, and now he had to make a choice based on his present situation, to continue his endeavour or to drop it. What would be the benefits and harms of…

"Man does this suck. I most certainly did not want to watch my dad suck face with your mom. Eugh. And don't go calling me your little brother damn it. I thought we were really close in age?"

Even if we’re close in age, one of us would still be the older one, and that I assume is me,” stated Naoki matter-of-factly. His light brown eyes searched Ryu’s face for any clues of his birth date, but decided that it was a stupid thing to do. There was no way that he could tell; there was no way anyone could do something like that. He pursed his lips in annoyance at himself.

Out of the red and white packet, Naoki withdrew a single cigarette and slipped it between his pink lips. He lit it. The silver cigarette lighter sat silently against the cigarette packet in his grip as he took a long drag from the cigarette. For a moment he let the sensation washed over his body, and his mind, and his being. The colour returned to his cheeks, and his fingers felt more alive, and for the first time on that day, he felt more relaxed and less like an uptight asshole.

"Give me one? I can't believe my luck right now, I thought I'd go insane if I had to spend one more hour without a smoke. But then my dearly beloved new brother seems to be a chain-smoker, how lucky."

He glanced at Ryu suggestively. Again, he registered in his now less-muddled mind the value of the cigarette to his younger brother (as he continued to insist Ryu to be). He took a long drag off the cigarette, and then taking the cigarette between his long fingers, blew a thick cloud of smoke into Ryu’s face.

Ask for it properly,” said he in a tone that was distinctly different from one that he had used since their first encounter. His face still held the same expression, yet his voice seemed to carry a certain note of malice, not quite malice, but one that was playfully malicious. His figure was bent slightly forward towards Ryu, his eyes, narrowed, were focused on the amber eyes of the younger male.

Address me as you ought to,” he continued “As your older brother…” The cigarette continued to burn between his fingers as he pursued the goal that he had somehow quickly cooked up at the spur of the moment.

Edited name. Just realised I spelled Ryu's name wrongly. Got confused because I've got another RP with a Ryuu. Ryu and Ryuu...

“Even if we’re close in age, one of us would still be the older one, and that I assume is me.”

"Tsk.."

Ryu's birthday was very late in the year. It was the 3rd of December, and so he had no doubt that the other might have topped him by a month or two... or perhaps a bit more than that. It felt rather unfair that the other was going to be gaining the 'older' status as well as the 'taller' status. Somehow it seemed to seriously diminish Ryu's pride and masculinity. Prick. Ryu would not share the information about his birthday, as he felt that the other could just keep on wondering about it if he wanted to. Besides, even hinting that the other was right would give him more power and more to gloat over. The black haired, and apparently younger, male watched with growing longing as the other smoked his cigarette. His nostrils almost flared the slightest as he inhaled the smoke.

“Ask for it properly,”

"Eh?"

The amber eyed teen blinked, before he raised a single eyebrow on his forehead. Did that bastard want him to beg or something? And what was with that change of tone? Somehow this situation was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable for the newcomer. He had to admit though, that this tone and that glare did suit the other male. Somehow in a weird manner it made him look even more handsome than before. And why on earth am I actually commenting on his looks in my mind? Ryu decided to blame the lack of nicotine. Obviously that was making him feel deranged.

“Address me as you ought to, as your older brother…”

"Haa?!"

Ryu's mouth opened slightly in a silent 'O' as he stared at Naoki.

Oh Hell no.

"What the heck was that? I've never heard such a strange request before in my life. Just give me a damn cigarette."

His annoyance was bursting through onto the surface, as his golden eyes shot blazes towards the taller male. So his 'brother' liked to play some games did he?

"Are you some sort of a perv perhaps? Do you get a kick out of letting others call you older brother? Sheesh what kind of a twisted family am I entering? Listen I am not gay, nor am I that kinky, so you can just go search somewhere else."

He snarled the words out before his hand shot out in an attempt to grab at the cigarette pack. He swore he would punch the light out of that Naoki kid if he would keep withholding the cigarettes and keep making weird requests. Call him older brother... what the heck. There was no way he would ever be able to do that! Somehow it was just way too embarrassing and awkward to even think about. Bloody perv. If Naoki thought he could start pissing around his territory and make Ryu feel unwelcome and timid, then he was in for a big surprise. Nobody ever got to act that way towards Ryu, and people were often painfully reminded that even if he was lazy and looked a bit lanky underneath his clothing; then he was a strong bastard that had gotten into his share of fights. And it was almost unheard of that he would lose a fight he entered.

Not a request,” stated Naoki matter-of-factly, almost repeating himself, “If you want something, you ought to ask for it properly, especially from your older brother.” Briefly he looked Ryu straight in the eyes, his posture still held as before, back slightly arched forward towards Ryu, arms relaxed by his side. Naoki could see the annoyance burn in his step-brother’s eyes, yet he remained still, his composure unruffled, and his countenance unchanged – Naoki was still Naoki, as he was when they first met by the front door. Hidden behind the tough façade, however, was tremendous doubt; he was almost convinced that he was physically shaking out of anxiousness; that he would make a huge blunder out of this whole new situation that he had never engaged himself in; not ever would he allow himself to fall so deep into a dark hole that he would not be able to crawl himself out of it – and a dark hole this was; it was a dark hole because he could not foresee or even predict in the slightest sense the turn this encounter might possibly take; he could not see any possibilities, none at all. He was out of his depth, way beyond his comfort zone. And it stunned him seeing himself carry on. He thought himself stupid. He wished he had stopped, but…

"Are you some sort of a perv perhaps? Do you get a kick out of letting others call you older brother? Sheesh what kind of a twisted family am I entering? Listen I am not gay, nor am I that kinky, so you can just go search somewhere else."

And with that, Ryu reached out to grab the cigarette packet from his hand. Almost instinctively, Naoki let the lighter slip from his grip, leaving enough space in his hand to take hold of Ryu’s wrist with the cigarette packet still in his grasp. His light brown eyes were fixed on Ryu’s ambers, and his long fingers dug into the slim wrist, pressing the cigarette packet into the pale skin, slowly tearing away the epidermis layer of Ryu’s wrist. With a staggering jolt, Naoki forcefully shoved Ryu against the car boot, both still stuck together by the strong grip of the taller male. The distance between the two were swiftly reduced to a mere inches when Naoki stepped forward and rested his free hand on top of the boot, the cigarette still burning slowly between his fingers, the ashes accumulating at the end of its length.

From over the red frame of his glasses that had slipped down his nasal bridge just ever so slightly, his light brown eyes studied the face of the younger male, searching for any indications of thoughts or potential reactions or anything! Naoki had pushed himself into Ryu’s personal space – quite way too far in for that matter that Ryu could smell the lingering scent of the mint gum hidden behind the strong odour of the cigarette – no flavourings, just plain cigarette – and the fresh scent of shaving gel, or perhaps perfume or shampoo or soap, most likely shaving gel. A faint sound of his breathing, escaping from his slightly parted pink lips was vaguely audible.

I am your fucking older brother,” he growled, the tone in his voice invitingly aggressive.

What the fuck Naoki? He screamed in his own mind. Everything inside of him was a complete mess; he could hear adrenaline ring in his ears, and the loud thump of his heart, threatening to break his ribcage. It was common knowledge to him that he was capable of being a statue despite the chaotic shambles in his mind, but in this very odd situation, he did not know that he was capable of doing that same thing, and on top of that, be his usual asshole-self.

His gaze was steady, and his grip firm; there was no hesitation reflected in his eyes. He was just Naoki being Naoki.

“Not a request, If you want something, you ought to ask for it properly, especially from your older brother.”

What was with that tough guy act?

Ryu let out a small surprised growling sound as his wrist was secured within an iron tight grip. He ignored the fact that his skin was being rubbed raw underneath the cigarette pack, but what annoyed him more was the direct skin on skin contact. People had often patted him on the arm or tried to hug him and done casual touching, yet Ryu had never been fond of physical contact. He was too disconnected from the society to find any enjoyment out of it. So it was no wonder that he felt not only surprised but rapidly getting angrier when that sonuvabitch decided that he had the right to grab and hold him. Frustrated Ryu started to try and pull himself free, but didn't fare better than suddenly finding himself pressed up against the car boot. It was an understatement to say that he felt confused at that moment. He honestly was not sure what the other guy was trying here. Is he trying to dominate me? Are we dogs or something?

His golden eyes glared daggers into the light brown ones as Naoki closed in on the trapped male. It was a brutal invasion on Ryu's personal space, and he scowled heavily while holding his breath before letting it out in a whoosh. He would not be able to hide that surprise from the other, and the mere thought of knowing that Naoki had noticed how caught off guard Ryu was pissed him off even more. The fuck. He couldn't help but feel warmth radiating from the other male, and his nose immediately caught up the scent of mint, smoke and a very nice aftershave. Actually he really wanted to keep smelling that aftershave it was really nice...where had Naoki gotten it? The aroma tickled a bit at his nose as Ryu had started to lean just a tiny bit in, before suddenly he jumped a bit back again. What the HECK was that?! Had he been about to SNIFF the other male? The car was biting at the back of his thighs as he tried to move a bit further backwards, feeling rather mortified over the whole situation. Nobody had manhandled him like that before, and it was a strange feeling. He was either too liked by people or he managed to dominate them with his presence before it would come down to any physical touching.

This guy really is stronger than he looks. One of the most puzzling factors to the teen, was the fact that he wasn't really repulsed by the grip on his wrist nor the overwhelming closeness of the other male. Rather it was like his breathing was a bit faster than could be considered normal, and for the first time in his short life, he felt what could be akin to excitement? People had always bored him, he had always pretended around them or walked over them... but this was a new and rather interesting scenery. Although he really felt like the other should know his place. Even if Ryu wasn't thrown completely off, albeit he felt a bit uncomfortable and uncertain, he still didn't like being manhandled like he was a mere girl.

“I am your fucking older brother,”

And I who thought originally that he would be on my side with ruining everything.

"What the heck is with you? I thought you'd also dislike this whole arrangement! Don't underestimate me you bastard!"

His anger was starting to bubble up and exploding onto the surface, and he felt the familiar tingling in his limbs as always when he got into his 'fighting mode'. His mind refused to listen to any reasoning, and the young male decided to let his fist speak for him. No matter what he had promised his dad about behaving. He had simply had it with that prick of a 'brother'. Nobody would get away with touching Ryu and/or trying to dominate him. If Naoki thought that Ryu was a weak guy that would flop over in submission, he was about to be sorely mistaken. His free hand tightened up into a fist that was swiftly swung forward, aiming at Naoki's face. Glasses or not, he was about to punch the living Hell out of that perverted guy whom seemed way too determined with being called 'older brother'.

The two brothers were locked in an intense glaring contest, both eyes burned in their respective shades of flame. Naoki picked up Ryu’s surprised reaction, and smugly smiled in his mind, patting his own back with great admiration at having pushed Ryu about. And he noticed too Ryu’s body leaning slightly forward towards himself and then a sudden retreat – wait, what? What was Ryu doing? His brows furrowed in confusion; must be the cigarette that he was looking for.

"What the heck is with you? I thought you'd also dislike this whole arrangement! Don't underestimate me you bastard!"

Naoki stared at the slightly shorter male. What was he talking about? To be completely honest, it was true that he disliked the entire re-marriage, and moving in, and having new family members, and everything else that comes with it. But it was what his mother wanted, and he would try his hardest to attempt and make the family work for her, at least he had stopped rebelling against the idea. Things happened. Things changed. And so did he. Inwardly, he sighed at the thought of the marriage plan, and a sudden realisation hit him – that the young male standing in front of him was to be, no, not was to be, he was in fact his new brother; the marriage had happened despite the formal wedding celebration still a few months to come, but the union was completed, the family was real now. Real. Ryu, the younger male pushed against the car boot and whose wrist was injured under his firm grip, was in fact his brother, and not some kid in the neighbourhood. If his mother found out what he had done…

The hit came as a surprise; the fist, curled tightly into a wrecking ball, swung against his face, smashing into his left cheekbone. The strength of the punch stunned him, and almost immediately the fingers that were wrapped around the slim wrist retracted like a robotic claw as Naoki staggered backwards. The cigarette had been thrown off his hand, landing softly on the grass by the driveway; the ashes that had burned slowly, unattended was scattered among the white flowers. Just a little off from where the cigarette was, a pair of red-framed glasses rested in an awkward angle against a medium-sized rock.

Naoki felt a warm sensation inside his nose, slowly flowing downwards towards his lips. He raised his right hand – the cigarette packet still held tightly within his grip – and with the back of it, rubbed his upper lip, where the blood had collected in the philtrum, and smudged the side of his face with the bright red tone of his own blood. For a moment he stared at the bright red fluid smeared across the dorsal aspect of his hand; the view was not clear without his glasses, but he knew exactly what his blurred vision was. There was a sudden ignition of anger within the confined space of his mind. What was this boy thinking by doing that to him?

His eyes were ablaze, and when he spoke, the fury was clear in his voice, “Is that all that you can do with your pea-sized brain? Speak with your fist?

Naoki was not the kind of person who gets into physical fights; he had been in many fights, but it was always with words, and threats, and just anything but with physiques. The last time he did it rough was ages ago, he could hardly remember. It was not something that he regarded as something someone sensible would do; brain was the superior tool. But that did not mean he was incapable of physical fights; he was a male after all. Of course he would not win against a stronger male, but he was able to throw a punch or two and injured his opponent when he needs to. He has testosterone after all; he was not a pansy.

The cigarette packet scrunched up in his hand as he tightened his grip, crushing the fresh cigarettes into pieces. With a swift movement of his arm, he hurled the ball of what was a cigarette packet onto the ground, and threw a fist at Ryu with his left hand, the blood still smudged across his pale face.

The hell he would let this little piece of shit bathe in the satisfaction of having injured him, and in the thoughts of being superior in an aspect of their relationship – one that was strained, but no doubt still a relationship.

There was a great deal of satisfaction as Ryu felt the hit connect to that smug guy's face. Take that you prick. He loved surprising people, especially those who underestimated him just because he apparently had a pretty face. Ryu was a dog that did indeed bite and not just bark. He felt the grip on his wrist loosen up, and quickly pulled his hand towards his chest. The touch still lingered a bit, the memory of a strong and warm grip causing the amber eyed male to frown slightly as he rubbed the wrist. His eyes were watching the other male intently, as he had not only staggered a bit backwards but also lost his glasses. And he didn't look half bad without the glasses actually.... as the shorter male had the opportunity to fully inspect his face and eyes from a safe distance without anything blocking the view. .......Not that he understood why that thought crossed his mind.

Now, usually Ryu would follow up with such an attack and become like an aggressive feral dog that would not quit until the other opponent cried out for mercy. Yet he didn't really feel like it was necessary this time. First of all because what was that guy going to do without his glasses? And second, this was after all his new 'brother' and Ryu was very well aware of the presence of his father in the house. A full blown fight would only earn the teen a good deal of scolding and ear shaking. But even if Ryu did not regret punching the other teen, he did watch with regret as the cigarette had landed on the ground. What a waste.

Slowly blood started dripping from Naoki's nose, and Ryu only watched him calmly and waited on what would happen. Would the other male run off? Start yelling? Faint at the sight of blood? But as he waited, he noticed that soon Naoki was basically radiating anger. “Is that all that you can do with your pea-sized brain? Speak with your fist?” Oh boy, I knew he was a nerd. I bet he has never even been in a fight before. What does he want to do? A duel of math?

The question made Ryu huff out, yet refrain from answering. Whatever you loser, just get out of my sight. It took a lot of effort not to jump forward and rescue the poor cigarettes from Naoki's death grip.... Ryu felt like crying as he watched his only chance of getting a smoke vanish before his eyes. What a cruel cruel world. And as he was busy thinking that, and completely underestimating his opponent, there was no way for him to expect that the guy with the big words about punching being stupid would actually react with a punch! Therefore Ryu could only watch with a dumbfound look on his good looking face (rather clueless face at that moment) a sudden fist come his way, before his head was snapped to the side with a smacking sound. A line of blood spurted from his lips and he felt that damn car boot again dig into the back of his thighs. That prick has a good punch! The amber eyed male turned his gaze again towards Naoki, his pink tongue tracing the blood off his lips as he smirked. If that guy wanted a fight, he would get a fight.

"Seems like I am not the only one with a pea-sized brain here."

Ryu had barely dropped the last word, before he lunged forward and grabbed Naoki at the middle; using both their body weights to drop the taller male to the ground where Ryu could comfortably straddle him. A fist was raised up as he looked with excitement down at Naoki. The adrenaline of fights was the best high Ryu could ever find. However, before he could punch the other again, a loud voice rung out and completely ruined the mood. And made Ryu almost disappear into himself.

"What the HELL is going on here?!"

Ohshitfuckshit.

The male scrambled up on his feet, and turned to greet his furious father. Ryu tried to laugh, but it became a nervous giggle instead, whilst he tried to excuse and explain this scenery.

"Eeeeh it's not what it looks lik-.. OW!"

The older male had reached forward and grabbed Ryu's ear in an unforgiving twist. The teen flailed and whimpered, having to stand on tip toes so that his ear wouldn't get ripped in half! Owowowowowowow Whilst torturing Ryu by the ear, his father turned to the boy who had been on the ground and made a small apologetic bow in his direction.

"I am so sorry Naoki-kun. This idiot son of mine should really know better than this. Please don't think ill of us."

Oh that is just bullshit! Ryu started to protest loudly at this discrimination while flailing even more violently, yet was quickly silenced underneath his father's murderous gaze that was cast his way.

"You. I told you to stop with the fighting! I can't deal with this stress anymore! And now you go and attack your brother like you are some alley cat! I can't believe this... I feel very disappointed. We are going to get back to the house and hold a family meeting right now. And then I will think up an appropriate punishment for you, Ryu."

"But but but...!"

There was no reasoning with his father as he dragged the struggling teen behind him into the house. WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THIS SITUATION!?

"Seems like I am not the only one with a pea-sized brain here."

Naoki was on the verge of going into a long explanation of what he meant, and why what Ryu had said was a complete and utter nonsense and of no relevance to his superior self, when he found the younger male lunged forward, and pounced on him like a big dog. Both the boys fell – him backwards, Ryu forwards. Naoki laid sprawled on the hard driveway with Ryu sitting on top of him, pinning him down with his weight, and locking him in position with his legs stretched wide apart across his own body to his sides, ready to smash his face inwards. The weight on top of him was surprisingly not heavy, yet not light – just right, just comfortable, wait, what comfortable?! His mind snapped into reality, and he could feel the pain at the back of his head, and on his spine. It was a dull pain, and yet at the same time, a sharp one.

Staring straight into the eyes of his brother, he braised himself for the expected punches. But they never came. What came instead was a loud voice, foreign to the situation that was supposed to involve only the two boys.

"What the HELL is going on here?!"

Immediately he felt the weight lifted off his chest, and shifting his glance to one side he saw the figure of the man whom he had to address as father from then on, striding towards them; his expression revealed to Naoki the intention of the man. The space within his chest that had somehow felt a little empty from the departure of the cosy weight began to burn with fury.

In a distance he could hear Ryu’s failed attempt to explain to his father the situation, and his father’s apology towards himself, and a long string of irritated reprimand. What rubbish. His new baby brother was a huge pain in the ass to him, and he would very much love to see him have his skull cracked, or publicly embarrassed, but the current situation that he found himself in was so much worse than his disdain for Ryu, so much so that whatever he had against Ryu could be regarded as nothing in light of the flame that had been ignited within him.

His contempt for most adults was beyond the comprehension of many. It was not that he hated adults in general, it was that he could not stand the way they treated youngsters, and the air of superiority that they carried around when dealing with them lot who were younger in age. He had often regarded most adults who were older in age to be younger than him in mind; but then again that only meant that he was a fucking snob who was no better than those he held in contempt. But what does he care? Seeing the way his step-father treated Ryu filled him up with a sensation to break the rock, the tree, the care, the…step-father…On top of that, who was this man to interfere with their business, and acting like he could do anything he wanted, anytime he wanted to. He was not going to stand-up for Ryu, or perhaps he was going to and he was only rationalising his behaviours, but he had to do something about the situation. Besides, if they were to go in and sit as a “family” and discuss the situation, he himself would no doubt find himself in a similar situation, but without the physical punishment.

With great effort, Naoki got on his feet, brushing the dirt off his track pants pointlessly.

Hashime-san,” he started, his voice loud and clear, the lies hidden so deep one could hardly notice it except for the parties who were involved in the real situation and thus knew the truth, “I’m afraid there is a misunderstanding here. We were not fighting as you might think we were. Nothing that happened was ill-intended, and we were merely being boys.” The blood smudged across his cheek had dried, pulling at the skin on his face. The figures that he was staring at were blurry, and their faces mere blotches of colours. His eyesight was not terribly bad, but they were bad enough to require him glasses to see, and to cut him off from seeing details without them.

A faint smile appeared on his blood-stained face – one that was heart-warming. “No hard-feelings, yes, Ryu?” he pressed on, “Now, if you may excuse us, Hashime-san, we had better get the suitcases in before night falls.” With a few quick steps, he stepped forward close to the father and son, and took hold of Ryu’s wrist, his fingers digging into his flesh, and with one quick force, tugged Ryu’s arm out of the older man’s grip. He let Ryu's hand slip out of his grip. Turning towards his step-father, Naoki said, the convincing smile still plastered across his face, “I assure you, as the older brother, that we were not fighting.” And with that, he turned around and headed for the car boot, face sullen like a fish.

By the car boot, Naoki bent down and retrieved his glasses, and certainly not forgetting the cigarette that he was smoking earlier. The flame had died down after burning half its length for nothing. What a shame. He could still have the rest, however, to calm his beans after this very irritating interference.

• 2 months later...

Ryu was sure that he'd not only lose his ear in the process of this scolding, but also that he would end up grounded for the rest of his life. Which wasn't that bad, seeing as he would have to start his first day at the new school the morning after. However ... having to spend a lifetime at this small house might just be the end of him. It doesn't matter though, the old man wont listen to me and I'm sure that idiot Naoki is snickering behind us.. A soft whimper escaped his lips at the thought of the brutal defeat and utter humiliation. Father and son however both came to a halt as Naoki addressed the older male. Upon turning around and looking at Naoki, Ryu could in no way hide the look of utter surprise that spread across his handsome features. Was he actually witnessing this, or had his new brother hit his head too hard earlier? Was Naoki honestly defending him and his actions?

The fuuuuuck?

Noticing that his father had the same look of surprise, Ryu couldn't help but smirk a bit. Serves you right for immediately thinking this was my fault! His expression changed rapidly as his father's piercing gaze turned to his son for just a second, as if wanting to confirm what Naoki was just saying. Ryu was quick to put on his 'puppy-eyes' as he nodded with almost a small pout. Yeah, feel bad you old fart! Not only do you drag me here but you also treat me like a small kid in front of that ass! The raven haired teen now swerved his glance towards the other male, just in time to see the smile cross Naoki's features. What a nice smile. Wait, no it wasn't a nice smile. It was just a guy smiling as he was lying, nothing more than that. Ryu did most certainly not glance at those full lips and admire how the other male's features softened. Nope.

“No hard-feelings, yes, Ryu?”

"Uh yeah. Right, no hard feelings Naoki."

For only a moment he had trouble finding his voice, before Ryu cleared his throat and uttered the words with a firm tone. His amber eyes widened a bit as the slightly taller male stepped closer, before grabbing his wrist harshly and successfully pulling Ryu away from his dumbfounded father. Ouch that's quite the grip. He however did not comment, but only rubbed his wrist absent mindedly after Naoki had let him go again. The amber eyed teen did not like the idea of the other male being strong, as he was sure they'd be butting heads maaaany more times before this would be a happy little family. Tch I'll take this pansy on any time. Just not near the house.

“I assure you, as the older brother, that we were not fighting.”

A smug smile crossed Ryu's lips as he waved towards his dad.

"Yeah old man, just go back inside and snuggle your woman. We'll get this done in a few minutes."

He knew that his father stayed just a couple of seconds, before turning swiftly on his heel and stomping towards the house. Most probably the older male was muttering all sorts of curses about teenagers, and that only caused Ryu's grin to get bigger. As soon as the door to the house closed, Ryu had reached Naoki and burst out laughing; his brilliant eyes looking at the older brother.

"That was bloody genius. I don't know why you did that, but I have never seen him so flabbergasted before!"

The laughter died out slowly, but a small smile still flirted at the corners of his mouth. The young teen noticed that Naoki had put on his glasses again, and the cigarette was back in his hand. With a small sigh he reached his hand up and pushed his fingers through his thick mass of black hair. What would Naoki say if he tried to get a puff? With luck, the other male had only been joking with the whole thing that had started the fight in the first place. Ryu honestly didn't think that he owed the other anything, and wasn't going to even mention it....

"Now I could really use a smoke after all this shit. Was this good will of yours with helping me out against dad a one time thing only? Or do you want another round?"