a veru bad virus potential

angir

i downloaded a game Summer Day (English Yaoi Game)

then they told me it containes malveillant logiciel its some kind of system program thet hurts your pc and hack it what should i do

its my first time trieing to download games so help me

by the way i have kaspersky as an antivirus program

pleeeeeease help:leaf7::leaf16::leaf9:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lemur7

• angir

• Tetsu

• unlove

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ...well first off ....don't panic or feel bad if you did get a computer virus ...its not really your fault,its one of those things that just being on the internet is bound to happen to you at least once no matter how careful you are....

1-run a scan on your machine to see if you did pick-up anything

2- if it does say you did ,,you can try un-installing the game..and re-scan,,,then reboot(turn off completely and turn back on your computer)...most times this will get rid of a virus

3- then scan once more ,,if you still have a virus.....use the "scan on reboot" option that Kaspersky has ,,,this takes longer ..but gets the tough ones out of your computer.....again reboot this will start the scanning option if you selected it...now you should have back a nice clean computer

I hope I did not confuse you too much....

• 1 month later...

i played a game called "I love you, brother", and I did receive such warning as well. I took the risk and decompressed the rar file... played it... and loved it

idk if there's something wrong with yours... I don't recommend doing the same, so try finding other links for the download unless you really~~~ want to take the risk and use the downloaded file with malware potential

• 1 month later...

Hi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Install Malwarebytes( free edition/ beta). You can find it somewhere on the NET, just search your favorite torrent site. I can't share the link with you, because promoting torrent sites is illegal in my country of residence. No worries, downloading BETA and/or unlicensed torrents is complitaely legal.

Once Malwarebytes is installed, please scan your computer- perform a full scan.

Then, please head to the folder where the .rar file resides, right click it and scan it with Malwarebytes.

As for Kaspersky and other anti-virus software, there's a difference between virus, malware and rootkit. It's most likely malware, so Kapsersky will be of no help. People mistakely think that anti-virus software's good enough to help the average user, like yourself, browse the NET safetly. That's not true. There's more malware in the WEB and Kaspersky DOES NOT protect your computer against malware!

Next time, please download your torrents from reliable sources.( Torrent communities/sites)

If you don't trust your files- download a Sandbox of your choice. A sandbox is a software separating/isolating running processes- in other words, it keeps your game isolated.

Remember, Malwarebytes and Kaspersky do not guarantee 100% safety. Both programs are compatible with each other. Malwarebytes features a pro-active defense. If you often download files from unknown sources, consider purchasing a Malwarebytes pro license or stick with the BETA! The BETA's good enough.

REMEMBER: YO IS AN UNKNOWN SOURCE! There's a small chance you download some shit!

Should you have questions, feel free to pm me.

One more thing. Since you download torrents, I hope you cover your tracks. Recently, especially in the U.S, companies have been suing people torrenting their software. P2P connections( a.e utorrent) are monitored by companies seeking to catch pirates. If you download and more importantly if you upload games/movies licensed in your country of residence, make sure to cover your tracks. Piracy is highly illegal!

Ado: What Lemur said is not true. Uninstalling a software, turning your computer off and on, scanning it with your anti-virus won't do anything at all! Again, there's a difference between malware and virus.