New York Allows Same-Sex Marriage

Amander123

This happened over here in the USA a couple months ago and I was so excited :D I was also surprised to see that a few Republicans actually voted in favor of same-sex marriage.

Only 5 states (Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, as well as the District of Columbia) have same-sex marriage legalized but New York is now the largest state to have it.

I feel that this is a great accomplishment in a sense that New York is a heavily populated and influential state. Not just influential in America, but also other countries as well. So with this passing I'm hoping that other states soon follow :)

This is just one more step towards worldwide acceptance of the gay and lesbian community.

Here is the article from The New York Times:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Like 11

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Macys

• Nena21

• Amander123

• BasePairWobble

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if in each country gay marriages would be allowed at least in 1 city, so that gay people from every country would have the possibility to get married if they want to. :hamtaro-005 (6):

• Like 3

Hey =) i already wrote a post about this subject but i didn't want to open a new thread so here it goes again:

i just read about the New York same-sex marriage law and in that article were such amazing pictures that i tought i could post them here:

those two look sooo happy it really touches me

the text below the pictures says that these two old man have been together for 51 years! That's so cute =)

• Like 5