Genre: Josei/Seinen

juugatsuni

ALRIGHTY. i tried to search for Josei/Seinen tag but it seems it doesn't exist yet (?) and so might as well create/start one.

just curious, so any fans of these two genre: Josei and/or Seinen? c:

• what sub-genre of Josei and/or Seinen you read?
  • have any favorite/s series?
  • what's in your current reading list?
  • what Josei/Seinen have you seen/planning to see in anime adaptation ver.?

Josei is a demographic category of manga, anime, and other entertainment aimed at female audiences aged 18 to 40. It's notable for more realistic, less idealized portrayals of romance and life.

Seinen (Japanese for "young man" or "young men", and pronounced "ˈseɪ ˌnen", not "ˈsaɪ ˌnen") is a demographic designation of Anime and Manga targeted at male audiences aged 18 to 40. It is the older counterpart of Shōnen and effectively makes for the majority of anime in the older demographic, since major Josei manga titles rarely get adapted on screen.

[

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
]

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juugatsuni

• Masaka

Top Posters In This Topic

Josei is one of my favourite genres, I find the romance based ones especially soothing to read. Unfortunately I don't get reading enough of it.

The sub-genres of Josei I've read are: yuri, slice of life, romance, drama.

I remember enjoying Cotton, Clover and Spicy Pink. Right now I'm reading Cousin.

I enjoy Seinen too but try to stay away from the violent ones as I don't do well with gore.

The sub-genres of my read ones include: drama, romance, psychological, yuri, sci-fi.

Hotel and Octave (yuri) are my favourites.