Official Message to MangaHere and Mangago.

Saga

Hello YaoiOtaku.

Some of you already noticed for the past few weeks the issue with some online readers that break our one and only rule, which is really simple - just to wait five days after the release of a translation; then on it's free for sharing. However, today the clock didn't even hit the 6th hour and the release was first on MangaHere then on Mangago. But that's not actually the first time when they do it. We tried to contact them (which means we sent messages but they were either ignored or in case we posted them as comments in public - they were deleted). Why we had to open an official thread was another reason. In the newest release we included a page about 'license' related thing. As you know once a manga is licensed things get hardcore. Thus, YaoiOtaku included a message image for all bloggers, site owners and of course fans, to remind them about the law; in case any of our releases gets licensed, they should take it off their site/blog/page. YaoiOtaku won't take responsibility for one's choice to break a law!! Below we will post the official message to these sites.

Thank you all for supporting YaoiOtaku!

Kind regards,

YaoiOtaku Staff

"Good day/evening to MangaHere and Mangago (and all other online readers that break the rules),

I am the translator in chief on YaoiOtaku. I suppose this is not the first message you get from a scanlator group, neither the last, but I hope it'll be the first you'll give some thought on. I will skip straight to the main point. Basically you do share our releases; whether you want or not - you must agree to the web-law about license. One way or another, things always lead to main laws. The message we included in the newest release (Ueta Aikata Chapter 3) has been removed and what's worst - on purpose. You might not want to bend before any law, your choice, however innocent people that might link to your page or take the scans from your page - MUST BE AWARE. But as you can see, so far YaoiOtaku has kept the good manner in each next message sent to you.

I don't know what you lack, but what you do is shameless. Breaking our community rule when aware of the five-days period and now purposely removing an important message to all fans. For the record though, I will keep messaging you each next day until I see that certain page included. Also, until you follow our only rule. And of course, I will make sure to be heard one way or another.

Regards,

Saga "

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InuCassy

• yaoi4fans

• Saga

• Lucile-san

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
It's sad that they don't want to follow a simple rule or law as that. You can only try so hard to get it through their heads that what they are doing is a big NO NO.

• 3 weeks later...

Mangahere is run by the same english-illeterate money-oriented Chinese company that owns Mangafox; "Noez" is the company's best known name. I'm not sure what measures can be taken to keep them from stealing stuff on release (if any) but asking them to stop will never work. Generally speaking, they don't care, and they won't care (They're running an aggregate ad-based buisness model, not a fan-site).

There's a much more eloquent post on the topic by similarly infuriated people from Batoto:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Anyway, I came here after reading the complaint you folks posted recently (well, a month ago) on Mangahere's :Mobile Sweet Honey: listing. Those of us who enjoy reading manga would greatly appreciate it if you ignored them, because there isn't really any way to stop their callous and irreverent ripping. They certainly aren't going to care if you boycott; it's not like they read the chapters themselves. On the other hand, feel free to post comments on these sites asking us to stop by your place first. We faceless masses, unlike our chinese overlords, can be reasoned with.

• 1 year later...