☆Anime you found for better than the manga itself..?☆

Saga

|........ If I have to be honest, most anime titles I've watched are damn good, but once I know/or read the manga..,somehow the anime feels kind of.. ''half-assed''. However, if I have to name an anime, which I liked more than the manga itself.., that would be Air Gear. For some reason, no idea why, I couldn't get into the manga. Started it four times, dropped it five. LOL! However, I loved the anime. How about you, folks? (^∀^)ゞ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juugatsuni

• gin

• Ei

• lowkeygay

Not sure if I think it's better, but it's definitely a lot cooler to see KnB animated.

And although the characters and plot is better in the SnK manga, the anime is gorgeous to watch, especially the 3DMG scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

OH MAN, Saga-san...that's practically my most favorite series of all of time. XD

lol though i totally agree with Air Gear being anime better than the manga even though the manga has the most eye-candy artwork ever. the manga was really confusing to read and i dropped it also a few times but i managed to finish it. but the anime adaptation was so epic along with the most awesome OSTs. it made sense that it was cut off since the story in the manga flew away and led to terrible confusion and forced twisting of events ever.

but still my favorite series. hahah XD

ANYWAYS,

for me would be Aku no Hana.

the most hated "rotroscoped, lazy animation adaptation" coined by fans of it before it wasn't still adapted. but for me i think it was genius, beautiful and brilliant even though it's flawed. it captured it's realism, psychological aspect and beautifully crafted with psychedelic animations.

OH DEAR GAWD HOW I LOVE IT.

sure i prefer that but still the original manga has a unique way of portraying the dark ambiance.

though i still wish for a second season, DANG IT.

i want to see those next chapters to be animated like it did before.

• 1 month later...

Somehow i like airgear's manga rather than it's anime because of it's author's amazing skill of drawing characters in motion, stylish clothing, critical perspective, and characters' sexiness XDD

anime i think better than the manga are Inuyasha, HxH, KnB, SnK

depends of what i've seen :cuteonion41:

For me, its got to be Shingeki no Kyojin. I read the manga first and fall in love with its story but when I watched the anime, I fall in love with the smooth animation especially the camera angles.

And Hellsing Ultimate, I mean come on' who does not want an action pack with Alucard without those bullet slow mo's and moar blood gushing animation.

Ohh i am all for Shingeki no Kyojin.. ♡

I love the manga, the story is just... but when i watch the animation, it brings another feels for me. The intense feeling doubled. :)

And Captain Levi rocks \m/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

1. Gravitation. Way too old to talk about it now, but I remember long time ago I started to read the manga out of curiosity and I felt like I was trapped in a shota world (for 2 chapters or so, 'cause I gave up immediately) where no one seemed to be more than 15 years old. By appearance. Anime -1/ Manga - 0.

2. Death Note. Nice things happen when MadHouse and Konami work together. As a result of their collaboration, Death Note's anime is better than its manga. Anime - 2/ Manga - 0.

3. Switch. Only two animated episodes when the manga has like 13 volumes (!?). But the animation is still better. Anime - 3/ Manga - 0.5 (only because the manga version of Switch is longer).

• 3 months later...

Nana, I have to say, coz it's the manga about music, you can listen to a lot of awesome OST in anime, other than that, all the details are the same as manga.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• 3 months later...

For me, it's Ao haru ride, the Anime is soo way much better than the manga. the manga is kinda jumpy (e.g. the sequences of events are jumping to one event to another) while the anime is kinda easy to understand.

• 6 months later...

Shaman King, Shingeki no Kyojin and Black Blood Brothers.

I tried. I really tried but I just can't get used to how the panels in SnK are always rectangular and aligned (not dynamic). This reduced the feeling of motion I get from the scenes in the manga. That's why I preferred the anime since I could feel the action intensely and the characters look more grown-up. However, as a consequence of waiting PATIENTLY for the new season instead of reading the manga, my well-meaning friends bombarded me with the major spoilers already.

• 2 months later...

I know it's not yaoi or BL related, but Chobits was way better as an anime than a manga. The story ends differently, and the anime's ending is much more uplifting than the manga.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...