Togainu no Chi .:: Installation Guide + Patch Guide ::.

Saga

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
the message says to re-insert the disk, click "OK" and restart the game.

Have you already played the game before or is it the first time trying to run it? :Hello-01:

have you already set your system locale to Japan?

Go to control panel > Region > Administrative tab > Change System Locale

If you have already done so (including a system restart), right click on the togainu no chi.exe file and select "Run as administrator". A window will pop up and ask for confirmation. Just click "yes".

try what I mentioned here and see if it works :Banzai-Dance:

Thank you very much for your help. I manage to make it run finally after so many months. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I browsed and I didn't see any questions like this. I see DMM is offering most of Nitro+CHIRAL's library for a decent price and I'd like to just have it. It's a download, but I know many patches require a crack file to allow patches to work depending on how the original game file is setup.

If I decided I wanted an official download is there anyway to tell if this patch would work? Does anyone have a quick tip for the future on what determines if you'll need a crack file or not or if it's just always needed and some people pack it into the patch to cut on steps?

• 2 months later...

@ChesireNya

Just logged in to say thank you.

I've been struggling to get it to work for days.

I had played the game on windows 7 years ago then found out recently that it doesn't work anymore but now I can finally play it again. Thanks again.

/Request to quote this comment to main post for others since it's a common problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a fix that may help you for any other people who have Windows 10 or any newer Windows that can't open the game. Which requires no need to downgrade or use a new operating system.

Credit to Kojichan on aarinfantasy for posting this fix. Link to original thread:

All you need to do is download this file here:

After installing, replace the original togainunochi.exe with the new one in the zip. Remember that this located in your installation folder. Probably looking like this: NitroplusCHiRAL\咎狗の血\ This is the NoDVD version of the game.

When you're done with this task, proceed on setting the game compatibility to Windows Vista.

This should make the game executable and playable now. Enjoy! :leaf12:

Thank you so much. It also works on windows 8.1.

• 2 weeks later...

The only files were for the English Patch. I don't see the game and can't install or do anything past the first step? Please help

P.S- Found a game file :

If you downloaded the file at the top of the page, that is only the patch. I had the same problem. Checked some sources and found a download of the game

You have to have the patch as well though, so keep the download. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

first I'd like to thank the author of this thread for the in-depth installing guide. I had some trouble before, not realizing that all I ahd to do was actually execute the patches as administrator. Now everything seems to work fairly alright.

The only problem I seem to have is that the game seems to be rather... unstable. To say the least.

When trying to save for the first time, the game froze and I had to forcefully shut it down.

When skipping back to that point to continue and read through the bit of text I had missed before, I couldn't exit and then... it froze again.

I'm worried to not be able to create any files at this rate wich would be rather unfortunate when wanting to go back to previous choices to get through all routes.

So I was wondering if maybe I did miss something or if maybe the game just doesn't run that well in generall, at least on my PC?

I'm using Windows 7 but it's a fairly old laptop to begin with...

Either way, thank you very much.

Can u help me please, I've done everything in your guide, but when I open the game, it have error....Help~~

Link pic:

- - - Updated - - -

Can u help me please, I've done everything in your guide, but when I open the game, it have error....Help~~

Link pic:

• 1 month later...

Umm... Can someone help me please...

When I want to open the game, there is a text that show some japanese language and I don't know what does it mean. But it have a ".....game disk..... Ok...." only game disk and ok that I can read. Oh gosh, my english is so bad. I hope you can understand me

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, what do you mean by "try to leave the disk mounted?"??