Togainu no Chi .:: Installation Guide + Patch Guide ::.

Saga

togainu_no_chi_stamp_by_noctua_nigrum-d4ti4t3.png

|| Togainu no Chi ||

.. GUIDE ..

by Request!

{. NOTE

The game is suitable for platform: Windows98SE/Me/2000/XP!

However, I tried it on Windows 7. It runs just fine. (:

{. SETTING OS TO JAPAN SYSTEM LOCALE

I haven't actually tried it without the Japan System Locale set up;

My laptop is in Japanese in general, so...

If you can't run the game or something, just switch your OS to Japan System Locale.

Control Panel>Clock, Language and Region>Language and Region>Administrative>System Locale>Japanese

{. IMPORTANT

You need Daemon Tools and DirectX (actually the second one, you can install it from the game, so no worries. Just be sure to get Daemon Tools. I will give you link to the download page.)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

The patch you need is not the BETA patch!! The correct file is this one:

{. STEP 01

Extract the first part of the game, it will automatically do the rest. (You need Winrar to do so.)

Once it is extracted, you have to drag togainu.img.ecm file to the unecm.exe file. The result will be togainu.img file. (: Check the image below.

1_zps2e9477bb.jpg

{. STEP 02

You have to mount the togainu.CCD file with Daemon tools. Just double click the file I showed.

2_zps68c14613.jpg

{. STEP 03

It will lead you to a new window, where is the .exe of the game. Run the installation.

3_zps6489c136.jpg

{. STEP 04

You have to keep in mind two things;

-> If you have DirectX, just click the first option.

-> If you don't have DirectX, choose the second option so you get it installed; then continue with the installation of the game.

4_zps3123be51.jpg

{. STEP 05

5_zps1bb63bcf.jpg

{. STEP 06

Please, do remember where you save the game folder on your PC. You will need it for the patch. (:

6_zps996242f3.jpg

{. STEP 07

7_zpsd76fe1b1.jpg

{. STEP 08

Once the installation is done, you will be asked whether you want a shortcut or not.

8_zps9befa217.jpg

{. STEP 09

The next window is the finishing one; UNCHECK the small box. (:

9_zps3272c148.jpg

{. STEP 10

Now we extract the patch file. It should look like this;

11_zps848eaaa1.jpg

{. STEP 11

There is a guide inside, but I will do it with print shots as well. Go to the folder 'Step 1'. Run the program as Administrator.

12_zps35944b9a.jpg

{. STEP 12

Look carefully where you save the patch! It MUST be in the same directory where you installed the game!

13_zpsedbbd5a3.jpg

{. STEP 13

This is the finishing window, press 'OK' (Obviously, lol).

14_zps0aa14dba.jpg

{. STEP 14

Go to the folder 'Step 2'. Run the program as Administrator, again.

15_zps23bc7731.jpg

{. STEP 15

Again, make sure it's the SAME directory where you installed the game!!!

16_zpse226f609.jpg

{. STEP 16

Uncheck these stuff there. Hit the finish, then.

17_zpsfd9366d0.jpg

{. STEP 17

Go to folder 'Step 3'. You've got one single file there. Copy it and then go to your game folder. Paste the file there. It will ask if you want to replace it with the already existing file in the folder. Yes, do replace it, don't make it a copy. It should be the only existing such file there.

18_zps3b853876.jpg

{. STEP 18

And then, run the game. Up to you whether from shortcut or from the game folder. (:

20_zps9671cb3f.jpg

• Thanks 1

I've problem with this game. I already install it step by step but seems like it still doesn't work. Once I start running the game, less than a minute the game suddenly close by itself. This thing happen every time I run it. Can you help me?

• 4 weeks later...

it keeps freezing at 2 parts of the game one when your at the staircase alone and have that dream and at the ally were akira friend leaves him. is the a way to fix that or no

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply XD I'm too busy with Dramatical Murder and Reconnect. Well, yes. it only happen to this game.. Today I redownload and reinstall it and it happen again TT-TT I wanna play it!

My laptop basic info :

Windows 8 Single Language

Intel-Core i5

RAM 4G

64-bit OS

• 2 weeks later...

Phew... last time I installed this game I fucked up entirely (as you know Saga) and then just now I installed it again (on another account) and I didn't fuck up.. I'm so proud.. T_T

i extracted it already but togainu.img.ecm didnt extracted and there was no icon thing that looked like a thunderbolt. pls help meeee

Hello there! I run into a problem as well - everything works beautifully except that now I have no text at all.

I ran a few sequences (even longer than the intro video) but no text appeared. Only the arrows where the text would have ended. Any ideas?

P.S.: Yes, I deinstalled and installed it again, yes, I rebooted my PC, yes, I installed DirectX 9.0 - I guess I am missing another codec, any idea which one it might be?

• 2 weeks later...
I've problem with this game. I already install it step by step but seems like it still doesn't work. Once I start running the game, less than a minute the game suddenly close by itself. This thing happen every time I run it. Can you help me?

I also have this problem. I have issues with Cafe Lindbergh as well [but that seems to be some sort of font issue or something that I can't solve even though my computer has both it's original fonts and my old laptop's fonts]. But every other game like Dramatic Murder and Sweet Pool work just fine. I have no idea what the problem is. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times and nada. Nothing seems to work. I've looked at tutorial videos as well but also zero progress in getting the game to work. Togainu no chi works on my old laptop but that is without the english patch and that was on windows vista. My current computer is Windows 7. I've even tried to install it and play it without the english patch [and then the update][and then the script.pak] to see if that would make it run. No success there. I'm running out of ideas to what the problem could be. Could someone please help me rekindle my love for this game again? Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i have a little problem with the game. i followed every step of theguide but after the introduction of the setting in the beggining music starts playing and it stays at a black screen . i am with windows 7 but tried running it with xp comapatability too but it is still the same. if someone can help

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there :)

I tried to download all six parts of the game, but while extracting the files, it said that file six is corrupt. What's confusing me is that there are on the one hand six parts to download, on the other hand only 3. Can someone tell or link me the updated parts that really work?

• 1 month later...

I've been getting this message everytime I try to install the patch, can someone help me out?

• 3 months later...

Hey there, I'm glad for this guide! I haven't tried it yet 'cause I was wondering if 7zip would work fine instead of Winrar? I already have that installed and would rather not install something else if that works just as well. Please let me know!

I did everything, and now I'm at the end of the guide, but when I start the game, it only shows the guys face before it cuts off, and says that I need a CD. I'm sooo close to completing it, so please help!!!:Sleepy:

• 2 weeks later...

Please help me! I followed all your steps but then when I try to run the game the face of the blond haired guy appears but then a japanese message pops up and all I can mae out are the englis words for "GameDisc" please help me I would really appreciate it :cuteonion52:

I have a problem, I install the game but when I go to play it I get a pop up that's in Japanese and then the game just turns off

I'm also having the same problem. I followed the steps but at the end the "gamedisc" notice also appears to me. Please help :Sad:

1. Make sure you're launching the game with your virtual disc device (e.g. DAEMON Tools)

2. Make sure you have set the unicode language on Japanese.

Can't guarantee that's going to help, though :c