Drugless Cure (Clover and Ciel)

クローバー (Clover)

Summary: A car accident victim is meeting his physical therapist for the first time... And he finds being touched uncomfortable. How will this affect their meetings? Will it bring out something in the patient that he didn't think was there before??

My character:

ryunosuke-miyaji-anime-guys-18246374-2560-15192.jpg

Name:: Takashi Ouka (櫻香敬)

Personality:: Takashi is a very hands-on learner. He likes to learn things by action mostly. He doesn't do well sitting and listening to someone blab on for hours, but he can somehow manage during meetings. He is very comfortable with his body and often doesn't wear many clothes while at home. He prefers to be in the company of others, and he's very patient with everyone, especially the people he works with for physical therapy.

Ciel's Character:

kayo.jpg

Name:: Aoki Chukichi

Personality:: Being a rather lonely person, Aoki is rather quiet and shy, and often doesn't talk to people when he first meets them unless it's completely necessary. Taking a while to begin to trust people, he's often skeptical whether or not a person is telling the truth. He gets flustered easily if people touch him, and he doesn't really know how to handle it. Though,he just needs someone he can fully trust and someone to understand him for him to finally come out of his shell.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• クローバー (Clover)

• {。^◕‿◕^。}Ciel

Sirens were flashing everywhere, red, blue, white light flooded the area as steam sizzled from a silver colored car, another car, a red one, had been almost crushed. The cry of an ambulance rang through the air as medics strapped a young man with a bloodied body to a gurney, wheeling him into the back door. That was the only thing that Aoki Chukichi could remember from what happened that day

-

While hospitalized, he had learned that he had been in a crash with someone named Fuyoshi Yamanaka, a friend of his. He had also learned that she didn't make it out alive that night. The other people who had crashed into their car had also died in the crash. Recovering from a broken leg wasn't going to be easy for the young man, and when he learned that he had to go to physical therapy right after he left the hospital, it was his worse nightmare

-

The recovering blonde had learned that his physical therapy doctor's name was Ouka Takashi, a well known doctor in this town. Known for his patience and charisma, Aoki was still skeptical of him, nobody could be that great, right? Time went by slowly in the hospital bed, and it made him content, knowing that he didn't have to go be treated by other people just yet.

-

And now, two months later, Aoki was in the physical therapy's office, his mother only there to drop him off, given that he couldn't drive himself due to the leg injury. Limping towards the counter, he glanced at the brown haired lady who was at the Check-In. The way she smiled, like everything was always okay, and the way her voice was positive when she spoke irked him, and it freaked him out. Why was she so happy in a place with people in so much pain? Signing himself in was the easiest part of being in this whole mess, though being told that he was going to be the next patient called in was the worse part. Carefully, he limped to the chairs in the waiting room and took a seat, waiting nervously for this supposed miracle worker.

One of the nurses came into the holding area.

"Umm... Aoki Chukichi? The doctor's ready to see you. We have a wheelchair ready to take you to him." she called out, holding out a wheelchair and bringing it over to the patient whose name she called. "Just sit down and let me do the work, okay?"

Eyes widening when he heard his name called, the young man slowly lifted his hand to show the lady that he was there, as if it were a school role-call. Gingerly, when the woman brought the wheel-chair over, he sat down, feeling a bit uneasy about all of this. Was the doctor nice? Was he going to be gentle? What was he going to make him do? How long was he going to even have to see him for...?

Takashi was finishing filing the last of his papers away when another nurse knocked at his office door.

"Ouka-sensei! Your next patient is here to see you!" the nurse chirped happily.

"Great. I'll be over there in a moment." the maple haired man said, getting up from his seat and grabbing his briefcase before walking to the PT room to wait for the nurse to bring in his next patient.

And as if on cue, the nurse came in with Aoki safely in the wheelchair. She helped him out and sat him back down in a regular chair. From the look on the man's face, Takashi could tell he was uncomfortable. However, he'd dealt with worse patients before. Some of them almost injured him because they were so afraid of being touched on the grounds that they "had no idea where his hands have been".

"Hello there!" the doctor gave the man brought to him a friendly smile. "I'm Dr. Takashi Ouka. You must be Aoki. I heard about the accident, and I'd like to give my sincerest condolences to your friend. Is this the first time you've ever been prescribed regular physical therapy sessions?"

Hearing the conversation between the doctor and the nurse, the young man wasn't quite paying attention to what they were saying, more so what their voices sounded like. The man's voice sounded...nice, comforting, warm, though it still didn't allow the light-haired man to put his guard down, not wanting to trust the man and then get hurt in the end.

Once wheeled into the room, Aoki flinched softly, staring at his toes nervously now. Body feeling like it was on fire, a dark crimson blush stained his cheeks, flustered, not liking this situation one bit. The room itself made him shudder, the fact that he was going to be by himself with this man, in a room, for about an hour or so every other day.

"Can you please not have pity for me? I'm sick of people showering me with tons of "love" and "respect"." huffed the fair-haired male. He hated that he was being babied, even though it allowed him to not be so lonely, he hated that the only reason people actually even gave him a second look was because they felt pity on him. "I'm sorry for that...um..." He stuttered, his cheeks turning a dark burgundy now, clenching his hands together tightly, he felt his hands starting to get clammy under the pressure, "Um...H-Hi there, Dr. Ouka...this is my first time...being to any sort of ph-physical therapy s-session..." pale, olive green eyes held some fear in them, obviously not comfortable in this situation.

Takashi merely chuckled at the boy's slight hostility. Again, he'd dealt with worse. He continued to softly smile at the other man.

"I see. You're not the only one, you know." Takashi said. "Anyway, before we start, I'm going to take your vitals and whatnot. I didn't see this in the job description, but apparently, physical therapists must take vitals in this clinic as well as standard doctors. I guess it's area-specific protocol. Anyway, I'm going to check your heart now, so please breathe normally for me."

He was about to lift the younger man's shirt a little to get the stethoscope under there, but he halted, sensing the boy's unease at being touched.

"You don't like people touching you, I presume?" he asked. "I could try to listen with your shirt still on, but it might take longer."

Nearly flinching at the close proximity between them, he breathed heavily, trying to calm himself down, though it was rather hard to do so. Once gaining control of his breathing again, timid eyes glanced up at the older man, the blush spreading over the bridge of his nose, "Umm...I-I....I-I'll l-let you touch m-me...j-just don't make it awkward or don't hurt m-me..-p-please?" There was a bit of worry hiding in his pale green eyes, as he twiddled his thumbs, waiting for what was to come. "Um...so what are you going to have me do today?" questioned the skinny male, trying to get his mind off of the hands that were going to be sprawled on his body. The doctor seemed like a really nice guy, though he still wasn't so sure..he wanted to trust him, but didn't want to trust him at the same time...he just didn't want to get hurt. The young man had incredibly milky skin, and it almost put porcelain to shame. Still a bit of bruising along his body, they were a deep plum color, and were obviously sensitive if they were to be touched. Surprisingly, besides the hair on his head, and his eyebrows, he was completely hairless, which was due to a pet-peeve of his which made it that he didn't really like having itchy legs or an itchy back. Besides that, the younger male, was...surprisingly delicate, his emotions untouched by other people, which was why he was so scared of what was happening.

"Well, today, I want to assess the damage to your leg and see how much strength and flexibility you have in it since this is your first visit." Takashi said, lifting the man's shirt gently to put the cold instrument on his heart. Listening to Aoki's heart was... slightly disconcerting. The sound of the heartbeat put him in a meditative state... usually. Aoki's heartbeat was stressed and quick. It made him hurt inside, almost. He wanted to reach out and hug the man, but they were nothing more than a therapist and a patient, and he didn't want to scare the man. After taking a listen to his heart, he moved the instrument to his back.

"Keep breathing in and out." he calmly instructed.

"O-okay...u-um..." The blonde was obviously in a hurry to find another subject to talk about, but the touch of the older male fogged his mind...it was making him feel rather flustered and helpless, which made him feel even more stressed than before. The young man needed to be comforted, but he didn't quite know what comfort was, given he never opened up to anyone...his mother had hugged him a few times, though it felt odd, it was comforting. He wanted that comfort deep down inside, though he was too shy to ask for it, and he was scared of how someone would act to him asking for something like that.

A large bruise painted the milky back of the older male, and he instantly groaned, the cold feeling spreading on his back from the cold metal. "I-It's so...cold..." his voice was a quivered whisper, his arms wrapped around his chest as he squeezed his eyes shut, breathing in and out, his breathing rigid due to how high his stress levels were.

Takashi remained calm as his patient was getting nervous. As a physical therapist, he had to remain calm as not to freak out his patients. He gently moved the object across his back, taking note of the huge bruise that marred its pale perfection. He frowned. The accident must have been serious for the bruise to extend up to his back.

"I could try to warm it up a little for you." he said, lifting it from his back and rubbing it in his gloved hands before replacing it gently. "Better?"

The young male was breathing heavily at this point, not sure what to do. He was in this room all by himself with a person, and given the stress of it all, the blonde couldn't really handle it. When he felt a latex-cloaked hand rub over the spot on his back, he instantly flinched, sinking his teeth into his bottom lip. Not sure if the man was going to hurt him or be nice to him, after a few moments, perhaps a minute of so, he decided that the older blonde was being gentle...he'd try to trust the touch, and rather hesitantly, he pressed into the touch a bit...this...felt nice....yet foreign. "U-Um...it f-feels nice, yes." He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say in this type of situation, and it made him feel rather frustrated.

The car accident had been rather brutal. Aoki had only been in the passenger seat...his friend was horribly wounder, they had to have a closed-casket at the funeral for that reason. The other car had no others survive the crash. Aoki was lucky that he lived...

"Good." Takashi smiled, resuming listening in from his back. After a while, he took it away and took out the instrument used for looking in the ear. He removed the cap on it and threw it out, using the uncovered instrument as a light to look down the other man's throat.

"Open wide and say 'Aaah' please." he said gently, trying not to make the boy any less nervous than he already was.

This made him feel a little nervous...he didn't have bad dental care or anything, it just made him uncomfortable every time the doctors had him open his mouth...it made him embarrassed...it also put dirty thoughts that he didn't want in his mind. Gingerly, the young male slowly opened his mouth widely, allowing his tongue to lay slack on the bottom of his mouth, so that Dr. Ouka could look back into his throat.

Takashi checked everything, making sure there was no tonsillitis or any other anomalies.

"Everything looks fine in there." he said, putting a new cap on the device to put into his ear.

"According to regulation, I need to check your ears too. I do notice that some patients react badly to it, so I'll try to be gentle." he said, pausing to get the other's okay to go ahead.

Carefully, the young blonde nodded. Sure, he was nervous, but he was going have to probably come here for a a few weeks...he should at least try to trust the older man, as much as he didn't know if he should. "Hey....um...you're not going to hurt me...right?" he asked this question, but he didn't mean just with his ears, he was asking about his whole body, and his emotions.

"I would never hurt you intentionally. Therapists and doctors alike are not allowed to harm their patients. It would take something serious to make me even consider hurting you." Takashi said. "The exercises you will have to do may hurt the first few times since your leg is weak at this moment, but I will make sure that you do them enough times such that they won't hurt anymore."

He carefully put the tip of the device in his ear, being very careful. After seeing that everything was all right, he checked the other side. Once he finished checking the device, he threw the tip out and put the instrument away.

"Now that that's out of the way, I want to test your reflexes." Takashi said, taking out a rubber hammer. "It won't hurt you. All I want is for you to kick your leg when you feel the hammer hit you. I won't test your bad leg."

Once again, he awaited the younger man's approval.

"But there are people who don't follow the rules...people who aren't good...people who lie...who'll hurt you even if a rule forbids it." quietly murmured the light-haired man, his eyes a bit blank for a moment. The instrument in his ear tickled, and he attempted not to squirm or giggle, though at the end, he let a soft laugh slip out under his breath, but quickly covered his mouth, a dark blush spreading across his cheeks, obviously embarrassed,

Seeing the rubber hammer positioned in front of his knee, he breathed in heavily before he nodded an allowance to the older male, not quite wanting to argue with the doctor or upset him in any way by not going through with the check-up. Gulping down his fears, he awaited for the feeling to come, hoping that he could keep his mind clear enough to actually even focus on his legs.

"Please trust me. I've had years of training, so I know what I'm doing. Also, I know that I would never be one of those types to hurt you, even when the rules forbid it." Takashi said. This guy's distrust in him worried him greatly. He was a doctor of all things... technically. Though he wasn't one of the hospital doctors, he had had enough medical training to stand in for one. He had to get to the bottom of it. Even if it took months to do so. He carefully tapped the younger man's good knee with the hammer.

"You haven't given me a reason to fully trust you besides your title." sighed the blonde quietly, staring up at the ceiling blankly, his eyes somewhat vacant as he said this. Slowly closing his eyes, once he felt thump against his knee, he kicked lightly, not really wanting to kick too hard, or accidentally kick the doctor. "Was that okay?" question the younger man under his breath, trying his best not to stutter...he wanted to stay calm, and not look like a complete idiot in front of the older of the two.

"That was fine. Normally, I'd test your other leg, but it's injured, so I won't." Takashi said, putting the hammer away. "Now let's start working on that leg. I need to assess what I'm working with here, so I might ask you to move it beyond what's currently comfortable. I want you move your leg as far forward as you can using your hip joint."

Aoki's comment from earlier stung a little. However, it only made the young doctor more curious as to why his patient was so untrusting.

"Okay..." sighed Aoki quietly, his pale green eyes still not meeting the older blonde's, staring straight at the ceiling. Carefully, he began to try and lift his leg, though hardly got an inch or two moving it without wincing and allowing his leg back down, a bit of a pained expression tugging at the young man's lips. Quietly, he looked back down at the doctor, pain obvious on his face, and his eyes watering a bit, almost as if he were about to cry.

"It's all right. Don't try to move it any more than you are capable of." Takashi said in a calming voice, gently rubbing his patient's back. He knew that this could easily get him a knee in the crotch or cry of rape, but he wanted to do anything to calm his patient down and get him to trust him, possibly beyond the reason of his title. "Can you bend your knee at all?"

"...When I broke my leg, the bone was shattered...it's taking a long time to heal...and it hurts really bad..." The young blonde was close to whimpering, and he covered his face to hide the tears that started to fall down his face. "I can't bend it..it hurts too much..." he said rather hoarsely, trying not to whine or cry out.

"Then work on your knee won't happen until the bones heal." Takashi said. He was going to ask the man to move his leg back from his hip joint, but he stopped when he saw that he was crying, or trying really hard not to. It almost pained him to see the younger man hold back his tears. He had seen pretty bad cases, but this one seemed to take the cake. He had a pretty similar experience of being in a car crash. He came out with a broken hip and several fractured ribs and was unable to walk for two months, but he lost his older brother, an ER doctor, in the process. He just wanted to reach out and wipe his tears. Deciding to take the chance, he moved Aoki's hands away from his face and wiped his tears.

"Your pain is familiar to me." he said. "I know that consoling isn't necessarily part of protocol, but I want to be there for you as much as a normal person as a physical therapist."