Deadman wonderland

鼠ドル

Anyone else seen this wonderful anime or perhaps read the manga?

tumblr_lmkytlwYN51qjblkbo1_500.png

It's bloody, funny, quite psycho... in other words - BRILLIANT!

Synopsis(taken from myanimelist):

A massive earthquake ravaged Japan's mainland and destroyed most of Tokyo, sinking three-quarters of it into the ocean.

Ten years later, the story starts with Igarashi Ganta, a seemingly ordinary, unassuming middle school student attending Nagano Prefecture's middle school. An escapee, a survivor of the great earthquake, Ganta has no memories of the tragedy and has lived a simple, normal life. This all changes one day when a strange man covered in blood and crimson armour appears, floating, out of his classroom windows. Smirking madly, this Red Man massacres Ganta's entire class and, instead of killing him, embeds a red crystal shard in his chest.

Within days of the massacre, Ganta is declared the sole suspect and, following a suspiciously quick trial, is sentenced to life imprisonment in Deadman Wonderland, a massive theme-park-like prison.

deadman_wonderland_31.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• goki

• mixlol

• grimsmile

Yeah, I've only seen a few episodes of the anime (like 6 of them) and they really are awesome.

Crow is cool.

One of my faves are Makina though, she's wicked x)

Yup, I like it a lot. Deadman Wonderland is really entertaining and gory. (*_*)

I enjoy both the story, the ambience and the art.

Ah, I'm talking about the manga, like Goki I haven't started watching the anime yet. I've seen some scenes already thought, and I'm sure it won't disapoint me when I watch it because the animation looks amazing and it seems to stay really faithful to the original artwork. (:

I'm not surprised that you've read it as well Jenow (:

I have a friend who have read the manga and he really liked the anime as well, so I think you won't be disappointed either.

Ah, think I'm gonna watch some more (I just gotta finish watching some other vids first lol)~

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Saga

Ah,I recall this anime/manga. Really enjoyed it. Especially the theme song of the anime "One reason".

I totally agree with u, that song was great!

hmmm...Really?!....I've heard of it but I've never watched it...

I saw the title but I've never heard people talk about it...

If its really awesome....Then...I'VE GOTTA WATCH IT!...XD

but our internet is sooo slow...I'm gonna die!!...XD I'll try watching it still though...XD

Thanks for the advice!..XD

• 2 weeks later...
I totally agree with u, that song was great!

Fade-fans? :p

This thread really made me remember that I should finish watching it XD

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've re-watch this anime for a second time, I loove it. I enjoyed this series very much, far more than I had anticipated. It didn't turn out as just random fights with blood and gore, it had a plot to advance as well. Each episode wasn't filled with just random events, and I was entertained and did not get bored.

• 5 months later...

Yessss, I've read it up to date, and still love it. (so happy that the author is back on tracks)

I love both the plot and the art-style. It's indeed a great manga :cuteonion41:

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed the anime. I also enjoyed Fade's song "One Reason". All in all, it was a good show but it sucks cuz it's a really short series so I felt really bad when it had to come off of Toonami and be replaced by Samuai 7 and Eureka 7. If I could choose my favorite characters, I would choose Senji because he's really cool and really...erm...cute. I also like Nagi (which is where I got my username from) and Genkaku. Makina was also pretty cool too. I liked her Katana and she definitely made an awesome warden!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ahhh, i think she kind of fizzled after the hiatus, and that was a shame... but i did enjoy parts of the manga, and the OP of the anime was fun to listen to.

• 1 month later...

I read the manga and watched the anime. Was sad the anime didn't cover the whole story. They took out some characters in the anime and left it off at an awkward place. Would've liked to see in done completely. The anime makes it hard to transition to the manga. Cause you'll be like "Who's this? Who's that? Wait, what? Huh?" Yeah... -_-"