its hard to start over when the past still haunts you ((18+)) ~ Nyuchanxx and azuneko

Nyuchanxx

Prelude:

Ryoko was hospitalised and put into intensive care after his abusive ex boyfriend beat him up, finally going to far and pushing Ryoko to the brink of death, now Ryoko has been released and has a restraining order against his ex but his life is still a puppet centered around the traumatic experience...

My character:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMuF4em3ZAIKiR8DGHViYO9odeK9M37yd_UNScW3rhWnO34J73

name: Ryoko

personality: cautious, caring, now finds it hard to trust people and self reliant

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• Nyuchanxx

• SCAR

My character:

Name: Akise

Personality: gentle, kind-hearted, and easily tricked by those he trust

Bio: Akise has been repeatedly hospitalized for his numerous accidents he gets into. They all seem to be pure accidents but that isn't the case. His injuries are caused by unlucky nature and his brother who finds it enjoyable to cause Akise pain.

sleeping.jpg

Ryoko walked out the hospital wearing the same clothes he wore when he was rushed into emergency care so many weeks ago, or was it months? He didn't care they had all blended into a mass of pain and heart ache. He turned and took one more look at the hospital before stretching his arms high above his head and sighing heavily. He needed a place to stay not to mention new clothes and possessions, especially since he had moved all his to stuff to his ex's place and he didn't want it back, bad memories. No he would never go back there again!

Akise yawns as the bright light from the sun hits his face. He was leaving the hospital at the same time as Ryoko. He lowers his head as he walked right by the other. He had noticed the other sharing the room but didn't have much of a conversation with him. Reaching into his pocket he found his house keys and cell phone. "Guess my wallet is at home." he mutters having no choice but to start walking home.

Ryoko watched as his room mate left as well. The man removing his wallet suddenly made Ryoko remember his lack of money, id, keys or a credit card. "shit" he swore, this was the worst possible situation, he was going to be forced to go back to that abusive bastard Miki.

Ryoko looked up at the man walking away from the hospital, an idea hit him, he knew it was a long shot and he would almost certainly get turned down. hell why should the poor man say yes they didn't even know each others names but in his current situation it was worth a try. He half ran half limped over to the man,

"umm, sorry sir, look i know we haven't talked at all before but well, i need a place to stay in my current situation. Look i don't expect you to say yes but well,i... ill clean the house, i can cook, anything you want. Please sir" Ryoko bowed low his hands on his knees. This was far too long of a shot to work, his luck had never been good anyway so why would it be now?

Akise was walking only to be stopped by the male that was his roommate. "Oh hello there." he said a bit caught off by the sudden approach. "I would love to help you out. My place is a one bedroom but if you don't mind the couch or sharing a bed then you are welcomed to stay. I live alone but its not entirely that way." he says softly glancing to the side. He wasn't sure what to do at this point. He said yes but he realized he was seriously too kind for this. He smiled as he starts to lead the way.

Ryoko couldn't believe it he had seriously been offered a room for the night. For once the heaven that had abandoned him shone their precious aura his way! He shook his head, realising that his eyes couldn't have gotten any starrier. Shaking his head he followed the man.

"thank you so much for this i really appreciate it, seriously if there is anything i can do to help then just ask. ohh and by the way, my names Ryoko, do you mind me asking yours?" he blurted out as he struggled to catch up again.

"My name is Akise. Its nice to meet you Ryoko. If you really want to thank me do you mind me asking a small favor? While you stay at my place, only if a man in a black suit shows up pretend to be my boyfriend. I could really use the cover." he asked glancing over at him. He soon arrived at an apartment complex. He climbs the stairs letting Ryoko go ahead of him. He then stops at the door and opens it up. "Make yourself at home and I'll see what's in the fridge." he says softly.

"ermm yer sure no problem" Ryoko said confused, what was going on, did he jut walk into something horribly complicated and bad? maybe this man was a thief or an identity fraudster or..his mind was on overload as he awkwardly sat down on the sofa and watched Akise. Should he perhaps ask, well he didn't want to be getting into worse trouble than he was already in he had to ask no matter what

"Aki..Akise do you mind me asking why? what does this man want? Hell are you just using me now? Am i going to regret asking you for a place?" Ryoko's voice steadily rose, he knew he was going to panic too much but he couldn't calm down, his breathing came in short sharp bursts as different scenarios burst into his head. Sweat ran down his forehead as he trie to control his breathing and heart rate, he couldn't let this happen now, why had he asked. His vision blurred as he started to hypo-ventilate. Ohh god no this is bad! Really bad!! he thought

Akise glanced over at Ryoko and walked over with a glass of water. "Calm down for starters. I am terrible at using people though its very easy for people to use me. The man is my brother. He's got a sick sense of humor which leave me in the hospital a lot. I don't enjoy it but he sure does. Because I live alone he waltz in as he pleases. I only asked you that since I was wondering if he thinks I have a partner maybe he'll lose interest in hurting me." he says lowering his gaze. "I can assure you I don't have any intention on doing anything to you. You are free to go and come as you like. Its only pretend too. Just hold my hand if he comes by and that should give a clear message. Though I never stopped to think my question might be weird. We are both men after all." he questions himself worried he made Ryoko uncomfortable.

Ryoko slowly calmed his breathing it was hard but eventually he regained control of his senses. "i am so sorry, i didn't mean to cause you trouble, i just, i couldn't.." he trailed of trying to organise his thought, he really did have to stop rambling, damn why had Miki left him such a damned wreck!! "shit" he swore quietly. "ok, sorry, yer its fine ill pretend to be your boyfriend but..well..you should probably know since you want me to do this..ermm..well, you see, im gay!"

Akise looked at him as he started to calm down. "Thank you for your help." he says before hearing the rest. "Oh well that doesn't bother me. To each their own so don't worry. I don't fuss over such details about a person. Never had a relationship so who knows what my sexual preference is." he said going to the kitchen. "Are you a vegetarian? I do hope you aren't. I lack vegetables." Akise says nervously. He had no problem going to the store but he hoped he wouldn't have to.

Ryoko sighed he was glad it didn't bother Akise since he liked it here at least Akise seemed to be kind and friendly and was seemingly going through what he had. "no, no don't worry meat is fine with me, to be honest anything would be better than that grim they serve us at the hospital!!" Ryoko joked trying to lighten the mood "do you want any help? im not so bad at cooking"

Akise smiled as he pulled out some steak and potatoes. "I am glad to hear it. The hospital food really is bland." he mutters as he turned to look at him. "I can't ask an injured man to help me cook. Its just steak and potatoes. I will manage this much. Get better and then you can cook for me." he said jokingly. He doesn't know how long Ryoko planned to stay so he didn't want to get too attached. Akise was like that. He'd get attached to someone and then his brother you buy them off so he could get directly to him. He lost tons of friends that way. "Hey Ryoko. Does money always change a person?" he asked hoping he wasn't like that too.

Ryoko frowned, a strange question but still, "hmm, well i so pose it depends who it is." he replied wondering if maybe just maybe Miki would have left him alone for the right price, unlikely. "well personally, personally no. I wouldn't change if someone gave me money to do so. But saying that i always thought i was a strong person, maybe i am not as strong as i once thought..." his eyes glazed over as he wondered when he suddenly stopped standing up for himself. No this was a new day, a new time. Confidently he said "no i would not change"

Akise chuckled lightly. "I do hope so. I want to try believing in those words." he says placing two plates on a table. He turned to look at him. "Come eat Ryoko. At least while its hot." he says glancing to the side. He knew it wouldn't be long before his brother knew he was out from the hospital. It normally took three days before he showed up again. So Akise would have to see how long Ryoko would stay.

Ryoko took a bite from his plate, it tasted good, for the first time in a long while he tasted vegetables with a crunch rather than he slop he had been eating before. "hmm, Akise this is good, much better than i could do, where did you learn to cook this well!!"

"My brother taught me to cook. That was before he became twisted and corrupted by money and power. Oh well it has become handy living alone so I don't mind." he says eating silently. Akise didn't like to think about the past. He did love his brother but lately he had found those feelings to die out like a candle light.

Ryoko caught the mood and decided not to press the subject further and instead finished his food in silence, scrapping his plate clean and placing his knife and fork together. He stretched his arms above his head wincing at the pain from his still healing fracture. He leaned back against the sofa and tried but failed to cover a yawn. Christ he was tired and he hadn't even done a lot!

"You can use the bed as you are more injured than I am. I'll take the couch. Go get some rest and we can talk if you like in the morning." he says washing the dishes. Akise looked to the side as he wonders what Ryoko would say. His room was as empty as if he had just move in. There was only a well made bed and a dufflebag. Nothing else occupied the room's space.

"ohh no i cant do that after all i am the one intruding upon you, seriously im ok, you keep your bed." Ryoko said, he couldn't do that to his host, after all he was used to the pain now from all the times he hadn't been taken to hospital. Ryoko thought for a moment before saying

"look this may seem presumptuous of me but if you have a double bed do you just want to share, it would be easier and more comfortable for the both of us, i wont try anything funny don't worry" he smiled trying to make the other understand he wasn't interested in a relationship, not for a while.

"I suppose that is fine too. I was only concerned for your wounds. I could tell in the hospital you were in worse shape than I was." he says as he finished with the dishes. "Let us both get some rest. It's best that we recover quickly so we won't hurt anymore." Akise says as he looked at Ryoko. "Do you need help making it to the room?"

"NO!!" Ryoko almost shouted "sorry no, its fine, i made it here by myself after all." he chuckled to try and relieve the tension. He felt bad for shouting, after all Akise was only being a concerned friend but he couldn't trust him that much, not yet, maybe not ever. He could not be supported by someone lest they break and bring him down with them. "sorry, i can..i can do it myself" he repeated quietly

Akise froze up when he heard the other shout. He had no idea what that was about but he kept silent after that. He enters the room before him and lays on the left side. It was clear he often slept on that side of the being. It was more sunk in that the rest of the bed. Akise covers himself and shuts his eyes. He wanted to sleep and nothing more.

Ryoko watched as Akise walked to his room saying nothing. He put his head in his hands "crap" he muttered had he really messed this all up already, god what was wrong with him, why was his head so messed up now!! He quietly followed Akise into the room and climbed into the bed next to him. He lay in silence for a couple of minutes before his conscience got the better of him "Akise," he whispered "really im sorry but..but," he knew he owed Akise an explanation but he didn't want to give it, but if he didn't then his host wouldn't understand, "Akise, i..i cant have people supporting me, mentally or physically, it just doesn't work for me." he stated quietly, a part of him hoping Akise was asleep or hadn't heard "i'm a bit messed up at the moment" he stated as an after thought.