Do you hide your yaoi addiction?

animegirl

I mean does anyone in your family or your friends know that you love yaoi?

For me I absolutely hide it! I've never told it to anyone in my family and not even to my friends or classmates! It would be impossible for me as no one of them ever suggested they would like yaoi or shounen-ai, so I just don't have the guts to do it.

• Like 2

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• yaoi-fangirl01

• jamieboy

• didz015

of course i hide it! well no one has ever seen it, but i have 2 people which know i read it/watch it but i try to ignore it and nver mention it ever, one of those was accidental, i didnt mean to tell them :/

i only tell someone if they mention someting first :D

• Like 1

I personally hide it from my family but my friends, well some of them, know about it and some of them even share it. So I'm pretty lucky that I have with whom to share my thoughts :leaf6:

• 3 weeks later...

I do not hide it at all. In fact I'm pretty open with it, the majority of my friends know about it and I talk with them about it.

A reasonable number of them was pulled to the dark side and started to develop an interest in it too. Both girls and boys. Oh yeah :msn_red_fox 9

I don't have any issues about reading yaoi with my family in the same room for they are also aware of my addiction.

At first my father and uncle didn't believe it and thought I was just trying to mess with them... Then they understood it was serious and they shut their pie holes :5yoyo32:

BL is bliss.

• Like 1

Wow! Brave you! I don't hide my yaoi addiction from some of my friends, from most of my friends in fact. I didn't tell it to all of them. However I never ever mentioned it to my family. They don't even know that yaoi exists :D

• Like 1

my mother knows, and shes ok with it

i say it what gets me A+'s in school

in school i hide it all execpt for when i talk to my friend about it, got her into it ^_^

my whole fam knows

and they all tell my ma how she shouldn't be letting someone my age freely watch somethin like that

but i dont give a crap an neither does my ma

• Like 2

You're lucky to have such understanding moms :) I never told mom that I like yaoi, don't know how she would react, but I don't hide it from my friends. I told some of them about yaoi and some really became interested too.

• Like 2

You're lucky to have such understanding moms :) I never told mom that I like yaoi, don't know how she would react, but I don't hide it from my friends. I told some of them about yaoi and some really became interested too.

same with me ...

if someone aske me, i won't hide it -'_'-

but my friend, they just smiled and said that I was not normal when I mentioned yaoi in front of them XD

@yaoi fangirl01 : I like your mom:cuteonion46:

I 'm curious that ... does she read yaoi or not? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I don't hide my addiction either just my mum is oblivious i have read yaoi in font of her and she hasn't even asked lol she just assumes that im just reading another manga accoring to her it is childish and i should grow up, as yaoi-fangirl01 can say with me my mum is not a very nice person all my friends are scared of her lol isn't that right yaoi-fangirl01:6onion72:

You have guts to read yaoi in front of your mom if she is like that... :hamtaro-005 (6): Hasn't she ever taken a look in the manga you was reading? I wonder what she'd say if she saw a hot yaoi scene... :hamtaro-005 (5):

I think she would be a bit schoked get a bit angry but not that angry wouldn't have a huge go at me as she is gay her self (obviously not at the start as she had me and my brother lol)

@ Yaoi-Lover01

And how do you know she is, if you don't mind? Did she tell you? :hamtaro-005 (4):

Regarding the theme of this thread, I don't hide my yaoi addiction from most of my friends in fact we even watch yaoi and bl stuff together, but I do hide it from my family. :hamtaro-005 (6):

• Like 1

:cuteonion48: my mum has been open about being gay since i was 10 she has even married another women they had been together for about 5years they have recently broke up but my mum has had several girlfriends before ^^

• Like 2

I don't hide my yaoi addiction either... not from my friends. But I do hide it from my family. And honestly, I don't even want to think about what they might say if they would find out cause they are pretty "bad", like Yaoi-Lover01' s mother...

• Like 1

I never really "hid" it so to speak. All my friends at school knew and even watched/read it with me. My brother knows and he doesn't care because he knows it's my thing and he has his own things that he likes to do that I don't (like math...ick). I am at that age where my parents don't really need to know or really shouldn't care because I am an adult (....well 25 isn't THAT old heh heh), but if I bring a manga over while I'm staying at their house and reading it in front of them, or they stop by out of the blue they don't care.

for example:

mom: hey sweetie, what are you readin'?

me: gay sex...

mom:....nnnniiiiccccceee

dad: whatever, it's your hobby

*I go back to reading my yaoi manga* :)

• Like 3

@ kumagoro08

Wow!!!!!! Soooo cute! I want to have parents like yours!!!!! You are so lucky! :hamtaro-005 (6):

oh that they are! you could borrow them if you like hahaha

@ kumagoro08

I'd like to borrow them as well! hehe :D I'm terrified even when I think about their reaction... I didn't have the guts to tell even to my friends... but lately I have 2 friends who watch some bl dramas with me and they also started to read shounen-ai mangas :D

• Like 1