Badly drawn anime?

Rei

have you ever watched some really badly drawn yaoi anime or ova?

for me after seeing Gravitation anime I decided to watch the ova as well and I was so dissapointed :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• Ero Gaki

• yojichan

• Jin.

• 4 weeks later...

From R-18 yaoi game to shounen-ai (?) anime. If it can even be called shounen-ai...

I was so disappointed in Togainu No Chi anime that I just wanted to rip apart the insides of each member of the production. Without exaggerating. :cuteonion43:

Sure, nobody was expecting the pretty and smooth illustrations the BL game presented us with or even the awesome art style of the manga. However!, what we got was not even at a level we can call average art/animation. It was simply a-t-r-o-c-i-o-u-s.

They were able to transform gorgeous bishounen into something alike to walking sticks barely human appearance wise. It's not even funny.

Let us take a look at the graphics of the game, the manga, the trailer of the anime and the anime itself. One cannot even compare.

GAME:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]168[/ATTACH]

MANGA:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169[/ATTACH]

TRAILER:

(After watching this even if the drawings were bad, I still expected the animation to be at least mediocre. Forget it. It's even worse.)

ANIME:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]171[/ATTACH]

The staff did the unthinkable and turned our beautiful Shiki (and every other single character, as almost the entire cast is originally composed by nothing but hot guys) into something I'm not even able to describe. Sigh. :cuteonion25:

This discussion is merely about the art but let me say they also did a brilliant job at destroying such an awesome story. It left me with nothing but feelings of contempt for the responsible. :Red_fox12:

• Like 1

Kachou no Koi was kinda weird, I didn't like Level C either. That's about it. Actually I don't come across that many badly drawn anime. I guess that's a good thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say the first Kizuna OAV. :8yoyo31:

Dear lord..I was like...the manga is so beautiful..what in the world is this? It was SO inconsistent. The intimate scenes looked so awkward. It's like the animators were ashamed to do the work. :1onion52:

But then I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that they learned their lesson and released a much beautiful artwork on the next OVA. :leaf15:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we say badly Animated? Okay so, Gravitation was my favorite manga(I read it first) BUT It did not translate well onto screen. I blame the Animation studio. The Animation and design of the characters were half assed at its best. A terrible let down :-(

I actually stopped watching the Gravitation anime because the animation was so terrible. It was sloppy and honestly ruined what was a great story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The other night I finally had a chance to watch teacher's lounge and boy talk about badly drawn anime. Now I know it's considered an older anime show, but really poorly executed.

• 2 months later...

I dont like old anime's XD, from the year 90 orso XD

The one's that ARE good drawn as a yaoi anime are the new ones...

And yeah the ova's of Gravitation sucks... o_o I'm disappointed by that xD.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the series, but the Junjou Romantica and Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi art style really bothers me, and Shungiku Nakamura's works have always looked the same to me