Egyptian/Ancient Gods RP (possible group RP)

SqueezeBabe

I just had an idea, and it's rather rare that I get these...

I propose an RP where the characters are ancient gods (pick the type you want, popular vote "wins" or better yet, multiple RPs as a result). I will leave the uke/seme thing up to whatever you think suits your god best.

Standard rules apply in terms of content, except this will require you to do a little research into your god of choice. You will at least have to stick to his parameters.

As an aside, you don't have to be a god, but perhaps having it set in an Ancient Civilisation will be interesting enough...

This is more an expression of interest, I just want to see who thinks they can work with this sort of thing, and any ideas that spin off from this one...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AomineDaiki

• SqueezeBabe

• fameandfortune212

• b.lueeyes

^.^ I have a personal preference for Norse Gods, but I can make do with any deity.

Should it be one type of God, or should we mix em up?

I'd go for Loki if it comes to Norse. But if it's any myth possible, I'll think about what god to choose.

Of course if i can join LOL

i'll go with athtart the love goddesses and war god and goddesses.

- - - Updated - - -

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
oops! wrong mentions! i'll edit it. ((i was thinking about squeezebabe to pick and suddenly i mentioned you sorry))

There is an idea for multiple deities: There could be a pantheon of sorts but we'd need to come up with the who, what, where, when and why of it all....

Though we would still need to come up with all that for a single Deity too...

How about those who are interested post your top three to five favourite (different deity) Gods and we will see what sort of mix we get?

This is a collaborative effort, if you have an idea, please post it!

ok, I'll go first... (this will be subject to editing as I swap back and forth on my phone)

Egyptian: Set - God of deserts, storms, evil and chaos.

Norse: Vidarr - God of the forest, revenge and silence

Roman: Bacchus - God of wine, parties/festivals, madness and merriment

Greek: Thanatos - God of death

Japanese: Ryujin/Owatatsumi - Is a dragon as well as God of the sea.

Egyptian: I wanna go for Seth too

Norse: Loki - trickster god

Greek: Hermes - god of commerce, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, and border crossings, guide to the Underworld

I'll be joining O.O

Egyptian: Anubis - god of the underworld/god of funerals and mourning ceremonies

Norse: Heimdall - The watchman of the gods

greek: Pseudologoi - god of lies and falsehood

.can I join!?

Egypt : (damn asakura* you've got Anubis first lol) Ra the Sun God

Greek : Hades

Japanese : Raijin (lol I love to be an Oni~)

:3 here done, lol this is interesting ~

Sure you can, just make sure to read what's already posted... or let us know if you have your heart set on a particular god like Saga has.. *winks*

Favorite gods:

Egyptian origin: Thoth - god of wisdom and knowledge; known as the god of Moon and the judgement of dead; [Preferred]

Greek origin: Uranus - god of the sky and father of Titans;

Japanese origin: Izanagi - the forefather of the gods; he is the first male as well as the god of creation and life;

Ok, here's the "plot" idea...

Like some gods' party. And as I said, some god being greedy over the World as a whole understanding. And we all gather there without knowing that there is a secret scheme, to seal away our godly powers and send us to Earth as humans...well...semi-gods? Not so powerful. And we are in the crowd of mortals. But then again, the way back to our thrones is to find some lost temple that god knows where is it. We can say, this will bring us together, but then again... the greedy god might try his best to put us in conflict by sending some shits our way. *shrugs*

There will be an NPC God (Chaos for now) who will fulfil the "Bad" God role. Saga and I will co-write his bits.

Credit goes to Saga.

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]2s1rxj4.jpg

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Origin: Ancient Egypt.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Name: Thoth.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Position: Seme.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Attributes: Zehuti, or known as Thoth, serves as a balancing power between good and evil. His purpose as the holder of knowledge and wisdom is to make sure neither of the sides shall have a decisive victory over the other; harmony. Like servant of the darkness and holder of the Moon, Thoth is often around Duat, the underworld. He serves as judgement of the dead; rather put - the judge. He often has clashes with Anubis who is said to be the protector of the dead. The difference between them two is, Anubis weighs the 'truth' about a soul - whether guilty or not and Thoth is the punishment. If a soul is found guilty by Anibus, Thoth writes away the punishment through wisdom. If soul is found innocent, Anibus 'tames' Thoth through the pleaded 'truth'.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]History: Thoth is originally the god of Moon. He gradually became seen as a god of wisdom, magic, and the measurement and regulation of events and of time. Thus said to be the secretary and counselor of the sun god, Ra. As a holder of knowledge he made his way as the judge scribe in the underworld, Duat. Of course, besides keeper of the documents and many secrets,the one who often has access to the book of the Dead, he is said to be the scribe of all gods. Which gained him one of the most important roles as a god of the Egyptian pantheon.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Personal likes: Good music, art, books and of course magic.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Personal dislikes: Ignorance and arrogance; probably Anubis' family.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Personality: Zehuti is a calm god. He likes the solitude, especially during moonless nights when he can rest off his duties. Since holder of Moon, he often has to illuminate the path of lost souls in the darkness. But in moonless nights, he is most weakest and as a result he is no where to be found. Well, unless one knows where to look for him; his secretive library in Duat. Aside his mysterious personality and his ways with words, Thoth often is said to deal with idiots through the power of sarcasm. He is not into fights and wars, however if a war occurred one had to be wiry. For he is the holder of harmony and balance between the evil and good.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Personal quote: "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Precious/Favorite tool: The Ibis Necklace. [

]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Strong trails: Wisdom which always keeps him on the winning side. Mind games, loves to predict moves of other party, which makes him good at it.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Weak trails: Flirting which always gets him into trouble; not very wise when it comes to letting out sex frustration (supposedly). Cursing when alone (gladly), which can bring people to surprise if to hear him, since not 'wise' words out of his lips.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Whereabouts: Duat or his secret library (during Moonless nights).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Childhood precious memory: His first love.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Traits he looks in partner: Intelligence, creativity, easily captured by inner beauty.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Favorite flower: Moonflower [

]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Favorite activity: Reading and sleeping; (Sex during Moonless nights).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Unlikely activity: To speak about himself or about his childhood. ("Silence can be wisdom, too").

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Suited Character's OST: [

]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

woah it's goldie (gilgamesh)

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

206g26h.jpg

HADES

Hades was the ancient Greek god of the underworld. Eventually, the god's name came to designate the abode of the dead. In Greek mythology, Hades is the oldest male child of Cronus and Rhea considering the order of birth from the mother, or the youngest, considering the regurgitation by the father. The latter view is attested in Poseidon's speech in the Iliad. According to myth, he and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the cosmos, ruling the underworld, air, and sea, respectively; the solid earth, long the province of Gaia, was available to all three concurrently.

Being known as the God of the Dead, Hades wasn't that of a cruel person. In all truths, he's calm and can decide matters in a diplomatic manner. His wrath was never displayed in an open but his enemies often depicted him as a malevolent God. He is a man of few words and might end up being a wallflower in his appearance in Mt. Olympus (the gatherings of the Gods). Though some said that he always looked dreadful with an air of despair, he himself was fond of earthly entertainment.

Hades had a penchant for listening his brothers tongue fights and non-sense prattles (Poseidon and Zeus) which always led him to be forcibly included with the mayhem. He is rather stressed for his brothers brazen and prideful attitude; but nevertheless, loves them behind the shadows.

His interests lies on something bizarre. Like being fond of a black puny stone he'd found at the roadside and placing it to his own collections.

To sum it all, he's a rather kind God but is often misunderstand for his poker-face (serious, unreadable) facial expression.

"I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. "

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Is there still a slot open? :D I am currently at work and on my phone so its pretty laggy. I will reply when i am home. I thought that asking wouldnt hurt. ^^