Is there any K-Popers here?

Sunny Takatsuki

yeah a lot of people have dubbed it the Kpopocalypse xD

First Kris leaves EXO, than Ladies Code's accident. Than the issues with GLAM's blackmail scandal. Bom's drug scandal. Seungri's car accident. Now even more EXO members are leaving the group and then Jessica leaving SNSD.

It is CRAZY!!! ... also I think SM Entertainment may just crash and burn altogether with the sh!tstorm that has been going on this year. I think I'm hearing their deathnell ringing

Wow! I didnt know all that happened!! Did you hear anything about what happened to Taemin from SHINee at the beginning of the year? Ive been conversing with fans about SM and him in the SHINee thread ^^

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and
Yeah I think so too!! I haven't heard it being called that but it does suit it perfectly and SM does treat everyone badly, so why do you think the idols are still with the agency? I mean it might have something to do with their contracts but surely a lawyer and another agency of managing idols can get them out of it considering all that's been going on right?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sunny Takatsuki

• amberwynter

• KatieMH25!

• Shunpei x Fumi

Oh yeah ALOT of crazy things have happened this year... I haven't heard much about Taemin other than that his solo pursuits are working out really well for him (YAY!!). Also that SHINee won't be releasing anything new in Korea this year. Though they recently released a new single in Japan (like a month back or so).

As for why the SM artist stay with the company I think there are alot of reasons. Maybe fear for one. Alot of SM's past artist who have the left the company are still on the blackmail list from television -points to JYJ and Exo's Kris- Also I think alot of it has to do with each artists personal dedication to their dream. They feel like this maybe the only chance that they get, so regardless of how much of a slave contract SM hands them they still go along with it. It's one thing for an artist to leave a big name company when they are already pretty well established and can probably make it on their own. But for people who are newbies or still trainees that's not really an option for them yet. Another possibility is the amount of legal issues that could be brought into light if they try to break with their contract and the amount of time and money it would take to ultimately part with their company. In the end most people, if they have their hearts set on leaving, just wait until their contract is up and then part ways. -points to past trainees such as G-Dragon, Chanmi, G.O, Gayoon and Gyuri-

sorry if I babbled a bit... :hamtaro-005 (5):

I saw today CL gonna make a solo in America, does that mean she's leaving 2ne1 if she suceed there?onion10

True that, may SM burn, I still didn't forgive them what happened over DBSK :banhbao38::cuteonion54:

I saw that too~!!!! I'm so excited! CL is the queen~! :hamtaro-005 (23): ... however I don't think that means she's leaving 2NE1 or anything. If they decide to disband I think it would have more to do with Dara and Bom being so much older than CL and Minji. They're both practically ajimas (I still love them regardless but it's the truth :hamtaro-005 (6): ) Either way I'll always be a blackjack! I love my YG ladies!!!

As for DBSK, I agree with you whole heartedly. The JYJ members have said in the past that the hardest part about splitting was the potential for their fans to not love them anymore. But at the end of the day I blame SM 100%. Forcing your idols to work when they are so ill they are practically bed-bound and then resulting in them needing massive surgery is complete bullsh!t in my opinion. SM Entertainment can burn in hell for all I care :8yoyo13: I only like the idols anyway the agency is pure evil~

, no you didnt babble, it actually explains alot about what the idols might be thinking and feeling!! What do you mean by "still on the blackmail list from television - points to JYJ and Exo's Kris?" What happened to them? Did they leave SM and now are being blackmailed by the company, what are SM using to blackmail them with? I am so far out of the loop, its unbelievable!! SM is evil if they are the ones who are doing the blackmailing, how can they treat people like money making machines!!

Yay! i'm glad Taemin is doing well on his own too but SHINee at the moment are on tour in Japan and will be until December, which is why they arent releasing any new korean songs until after the new year ^^

Oops that was actually a mistype on my end. Their being Blacklisted, not blackmailed. Big Difference!! :hamtaro-005 (5):

They're on the blacklist from most major broadcasting stations in South Korea. Which means that due to the legal issues that are going on/have gone on in the past between the artists (in this particular instance JYJ and Kris of EXO) and SM Entertainment; most of the major television broadcasting stations have agreed to not allow them to promote on television broadcasts. I'm talking about shows like Inkigayo, Music Bank, MNet Countdown. And most stations have agreed to not even show their music videos. Since Kris hasn't really done anything as a solo artist, obviously in this case I'm referring to JYJ. (Which when you take into consideration that they aren't allowed to promote on these major shows/stations, and yet they are STILL one of the most popular kpop groups; that shows you A: how amazing they are as artists and B: how amazing the fanbase is!!) When talking about Kris specifically, all of the past footage that gets re-aired/reran of EXO has his face blurred out, or his solo interview sections completely taken out of the footage.

SM really is evil, in my opinion. And while I can't say they treat EVERY artist the same, from my experience they really do only see their idols as tools instead of actual people.

, Flipping heck! Is my first response to your post! Blacklisted so not allowed to be on Music TV Shows, having their face blurred, that's extremely .... well Extreme!! Whatever did they do to create such an overly dramatic response from their managing company/label? Can you imagine if someone in America tried to do that with Jennifer Lopez or Pitbull or Brittany Spears or even Eminem the rapper? There would be such an outcry from the fans that it would be on every news station in the world!! I mean when Megan Fox got kicked off the set of the last Transformers movie because she offended Michael Bay, her fan base got bigger! So I guess I'm glad that the artists aren't suffering from not promoting their music, I suppose, if they really wanted to, they could start playing music in bars (those bars would become rich over night if that happened!) because what's the company going to do? They cant have them arrested or anything can they? Freedom of speech and stuff, so only big music stations have agreed not to air them and their songs but what about the tiny ones? I suppose they could be afraid of repercussions if they did promote them but considering they are being blacklisted from their own managing company, they don't have a legal leg to stand on, really because they aren't doing their job by promoting their artists.... at least this is how I think it would happen in the west society.... what would happen if Kris or the other one decided they wanted to perform on the streets or in bars in South Korea? Japan? Thailand?ect...

Yes, if something like that were to happen here in the west there would be some serious outcry, depending on the reasons for blacklisting. As for your other questions. JYJ actually does perform on smaller shows. They have been known to perform on Simply Kpop (which is a smaller show when comparing it to MNet) on Arirang TV which is a station designed by the SK government to attract tourism/inform foreigners about Korean history and culture. And to my knowledge SM cannot prevent any of the blacklisted artists from performing in public locations. The stations and company get away with the act because under legal standing the companies that run the stations have a right to deny what they play/air and it just so happens that they make an agreement with SM. If the groups were to challenge them in court I honestly have no idea what would happen. (I'm not an expert on Korean government/law. This stuff is just what I've gathered from surfing the web).

As far as blacklisting artists from promoting in other countries. They can't do it. Think about it logically... why would a company from South Korea have any governing power over an artist, no longer signed to them, in a completely different country? I think western fans tend to forget that Asia is not one giant governing body but many, many countries. That's like a US company having control of an artist, who is no longer signed with them, promoting in a place like Germany.

, AAAAH! I see, I understand! So at least they are promoting their music through less popular tv stations, is that how the fans know they are still around, performing? Do you think the smaller tv stations get more viewers now that they have these blacklisted artists or are the views about the same as before?

That and online sources like Naver (like a Korean combination of iTunes + Yahoo or MSN) and then of course YouTube. And smaller shows definitely get more views as it's the only place that their fans can see them at home on their television. They may not have as broad of exposure as they would if they were on bigger name stations but the point is they are still getting out there. As for whether or not they are more popular. I think in the case of JYJ they may never be as popular as they were when they were part of the five member DBSK/TVXQ, simply because when they were together as five they were one of the biggest groups in Asia. There are a lot of factors that made them that way though.

At the time that they were a five member group the hallyu wave had really just begun. So mainstream media in Asia wasn't as flooded by kpop artists as it is now. A Korean idol group was still something that was 'unique' so of course they were much more popular than they are now when there is a new kpop group coming out practically every couple of days. Regardless though they are still doing very well. In fact they are currently on an Asian tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love Shinee *_* They are one with my favorite group. I like DBSK too, but when they are like 5 members, not 2 v.v But FT Island I listen too. It's good.

yay shawol \(*O*)/ who's your bias? mine is Leader now ^O^. i'm not into DBSK but i listened some of their song too 'o' they're good i mean FTISLAND i really like their old song but these days they released a rock genre more.. i dont like it T^T

• 9 months later...

I love Kpop!! yey! it's been 5 years since i listened Kpop musics! and I love EXO, Shinee, BTS, GOT7, TVXQ, TWICE, SNSD, 2NE1, BIGBANG, SISTAR, KARA, T-ARA, 4MINUTE! and many many mORE!

• 7 months later...

I love K-pop. I mostly listen to girl groups/female singers.

some faves are T-ARA, 4minute, Sistar, 2NE1, Taru, Younha,

Juniel, Ivy and Bestie.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I love Kpop. I actually just randomly got into it last year, and I do not regret that!

BTS, Oneus, Blackpink, 4minute (too bad they were disbanded!), The Rose, Hyuna (hehe, followed her from 4minute), CL

I like a few songs with Twice, am also just now discovering Stray Kids and Kard.

Hoping to discover more awesomeness!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I also love K-pop!

The first ones I listened to (about 10 years ago) were Bi-Rain and 1TYM.

To date, especially thanks to my lovely son, I have been able to discover a lot of interesting groups that I love such as BTS, NCT DREAM, NCT127, ATEEZ, GOT7, KARD, IZ.ONE, TAEYEON, SHINee, JYP, MAMAMOO, etc...

Forgive me if I add a video but since I saw it with my son, I love this performance too muchabsolutely amazing mashup :Daydreaming: