Baked to Perfection (Clover and XiuLin)

クローバー (Clover)

Baked to Perfection

Rating: R-18

Summary: A new boy shows up as a waiter in the local restaurant. One of the cooks fell in love him at first sight when he began working part-time. What will happen when during the holiday season the new waiter comes down with a cold?

anime-boy-cute-kagamine-len-vocaloid-Favim.com-55957_large.jpg

Name: Ryou Momimura (樅村料)

Personality: Ryou is a very dedicated worker. He loves seeing smiles on people's faces, so he likes to be helpful to anyone in need. He grew up poor, so he's very much aware of the value of money as well as that which he already owns. Therefore, he finds it somewhat hard to accept extravagant gifts from others. He's also very humble about his work, hardly ever placing himself on a pedestal when given the opportunity.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• クローバー (Clover)

• XiuLin

Name: Xiu

Personality: Xiu is also dedicated to his job as a waiter. He keeps to himself. He would usually serve the customers with a soft smile without saying much.

Just a little more... Aaaaaaand... Done! Ryou finished garnishing a dish of chicken tikka masala with fresh herbs. He had been working at the local restaurant for a year now, and he loved every second of his work. The chefs in this restaurant, instead of being holed up in the back of the building, worked out in the open where people could easily see them and chat with them, and Ryou had met many of his closest friends at work because of that. Recently, though, one of their waiters had moved away, and the restaurant had hired a man named Xiu about a month ago. Because Xiu was a waiter, Ryou never really got to talk to him much because he was always moving around to bring orders to their tables.

"One order of chicken tikka masala!" Ryou shouted. A waiter came and took the dish away almost instantly, as if he were anticipating it from the beginning of the work day. Finally, the last dish of the night had been delivered, and Ryou could start cleaning up his space. He took out a sponge from a cabinet to his right and squirted some soap into it. Lathering it up for a while, he then started to scrub off all the food residue from the pots and pans used in the night as well as the grill and other cooking surfaces. He looked up at the light and saw that it had some of the sauce from his last dish had hit one of the overhanging lights. It wasn't that high up, but it was still too high for Ryou to reach on his own. He tried in vain to reach the spot, stretching his arm as far as it would go. Eventually, he began looking around, hoping that his coworkers were not too busy themselves.

Xiu had finished his work for the night of delivering plates of food to tables and cleaning them. He removed the hair tie from his long black pony tail and put it in his pocket as he walked to the chefs working area. He cleared his sore throat as he got closer to Ryou. ¨Do you need some help cleaning that light? I can help.¨ He said as he looked at him. He smiled and held out his hand for the sponge, waiting for it to be handed to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiu had finished his work for the night of delivering plates of food to tables and cleaning them. He removed the hair tie from his long black pony tail and put it in his pocket as he walked to the chefs working area. He cleared his sore throat as he got closer to Ryou. ¨Do you need some help cleaning that light? I can help.¨ He said as he looked at him. He smiled and held out his hand for the sponge, waiting for it to be handed to him.

"Ah, thank you!" Ryou handed Xiu the sponge. "It's on the lamp shade."

Ryou let his arm hang, exhausted from trying to reach that lamp shade.

"You're the new waiter, right? I'm Ryou. I'm one of the chefs here. What's your name?" Ryou smiled, grabbing one of the chairs and sitting down.

Xiu gently wiped down the lamp shade where the sauce had landed on it.¨Yes, I am. Nice to meet you Ryou, I am Xiu.¨ He then sat with him. He leaned against the chair, letting out a sigh. He gave the sponge back over to Ryou.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiu gently wiped down the lamp shade where the sauce had landed on it.¨Yes, I am. Nice to meet you Ryou, I am Xiu.¨ He then sat with him. He leaned against the chair, letting out a sigh. He gave the sponge back over to Ryou.

"Nice to meet you, Xiu! Thanks for the help! By the way, what about this restaurant made you want to work here?" Ryou asked. He always asked new coworkers why they came to judge whether he'd get along with them or not. However, for Xiu, Ryou felt like he already knew that they would be fast friends.

He began feeling his nose was getting wet and the fever headache was coming back. Xiu could feel his cold medicine getting out of his system. His lungs were building the flu liquid back up. He reached into his apron pocket for tissues. He looked at him. ¨I am sorry, but I have to head home. Not feeling too good.¨ He got up and rushed to the workers' storage room and blew his nose after he gathered his belongings. He grabbed a water and shallowed a small open package of cold medicine with it. He did not bother changing to regular clothes before he left to go home.

Ryou looked concerned. His new friend seemed to be under the weather. Ryou made a note on his phone to go to the pharmacy to pick stuff up for the incoming cold and flu season and left. However, the image of Xiu sick couldn't leave his mind. He wanted to help his new friend out so desperately and felt terrible that he didn't ask before he left.

He was outside in the chilly winter air when he began shivering as he walked to a local drug store close to the restaurant. He quickly wrapped himself in his jacket. He headed into the store to buy more cold medicine. He found the medicine and walked to the cashier to buy it as he sneezed.

- - - Updated - - -

He was outside in the chilly winter air when he began shivering as he walked to a local drug store close to the restaurant. He quickly wrapped himself in his jacket. He headed into the store to buy more cold medicine. He found the medicine and walked to the cashier to buy it as he sneezed.

Going to the drug store to stock up on sudifed, Ryou saw Xiu. He went over to his friend after picking up the sudifed.

"Hey Xiu, I noticed that you were a little under the weather. Is there anything you need me to do for you if you need to take a couple days off from work?" Ryou asked.

-Time Skip-

It has been a week with Xiu absent from work due to the flu. He has been miserable as he fights to get healthy. He also feels bad he walked out on Ryou during their conversation. He wishes to see him again. Once again, he manages to fetch cold medicine at the store near the restaurant. Where he happens to bump into Ryou.

It had been a week already, and Ryou kept wondering why Xiu didn't notice him last week. Maybe he was in a hurry? Or maybe he was just too sick? Whatever the reason, Ryou wanted to make sure he'd be healthy again. Bumping into him at the store was the perfect opportunity to ask.

"Oh, hey Xiu! How are you feeling? You've called in sick all week. I was really worried about you!" Ryou said.

Ryou's eyes lit up and sparkled. He finally had a chance to give back to the person who helped him clean.

"Of course! I'd love to!" Ryou said. "Anything to help a friend out! That's what friends are for, right? Are you done shopping? If so, could you take me to your place?"

He smiled wider. ¨Thanks Ryou. Yes I am.¨ He took his bag and walked with Ryou to his place. He unlocked the door once they got there. He walked in and began taking off his shoes and jacket.

- - - Updated - - -

He smiled wider. ¨Thanks Ryou. Yes I am.¨ He took his bag and walked with Ryou to his place. He unlocked the door once they got there. He walked in and began taking off his shoes and jacket.

Ryou looked around at Xiu's house. It looked small, but cozy at the same time. Everything was clean and neatly in place. He looked across the street and saw his apartment on the other side.

"This is perfect! My apartment is across the street from your house! If it's not too tiring for you, could you please show me around?" Ryou asked.

Xiu yawned softly. ¨I should rest, Ryou.¨ He said as he rubbed his forehead. ¨Dang headache.¨ He whispered to himself. ¨I am sure you can get familiar here by yourself. I will see you later.¨ He went into his room, exhausted from his energy wearing out. He takes some cold pills before crawling into bed to rest.

[Good Night, Clover.]

"Okay, good night!" Ryou said, looking around. He managed to find the kitchen on the first floor as well as a guest room next to Xiu's room. Quickly running back to his apartment on the other side of the street, Ryou grabbed a couple changes of clothes as well as toiletries and other things he needed. He brought his stuff to the guest room and set himself up in there. Using the shower in the bathroom connected to the room, he washed up and went to sleep as well.

The next morning, Xiu had woke up late. He still felt miserable from the flu. So he went to shower, hoping it would make him feel better. It helped clear out the sinus pressure that had built up in his nose and mucus in his lungs over night, but it was only a temporary cure. He still popped some day time cold medicine into his mouth while in the bathroom. He got dressed and toweled off in his room.

- - - Updated - - -

The next morning, Xiu had woke up late. He still felt miserable from the flu. So he went to shower, hoping it would make him feel better. It helped clear out the sinus pressure that had built up in his nose and mucus in his lungs over night, but it was only a temporary cure. He still popped some day time cold medicine into his mouth while in the bathroom. He got dressed and toweled off in his room.

Ryou woke up a little later from hearing the sound of the shower go off somewhere. He showered as well, the hot water soothing his aching limbs. He enjoyed the feeling of hot water running down his body. It relaxed him greatly, and he'd tend to stay in the shower for a long time because of that. After getting out and drying himself, he went downstairs and started to make the two of them breakfast. He made a large pot of apple cinnamon oatmeal with a fruit salad as a side dish. He had carefully and meticulously tasted his creation to make sure it would taste perfect for his friend as well as himself.

Xiu came out of his bedroom, after he had dressed in warm clothes. He smelled breakfast, the thought of Ryou cooking for him brought a smile to his face. He headed downstairs from his room. ¨Good morning.¨ He said as he sat at the table once he had servered himself a bowl of the oatmeal. He waits to eat for the other to sit with him.

"Ah, good morning Xiu!" Ryou said, smiling. "Did you sleep well?"

Ryou served himself some oatmeal and mixed the fruit salad into it. He sat down next to Xiu.

"By the way, maybe you should speak to the boss about your health and tell him that you might be out for a long time just to make sure he doesn't fire you when you come back." Ryou suggested. "I once took two months off. One month was to recover from a pretty near-fatal gash near my right eye that happened shortly after getting laser eye surgery. The second month was to recover from getting my appendix out. This happened when I was three months into my first year working at the restaurant."

Xiu nodded and agreed to call their boss to tell him, he might be longer than expected in getting better. He ate breakfast as he listened to Ryou talk. He then washed his dish in the kitchen sink. He headed over to a comfortible chair and sat down, resting his side on a pillow that was there. He sighed as he placed both legs on the seat close to his rear end.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiu nodded and agreed to call their boss to tell him, he might be longer than expected in getting better. He ate breakfast as he listened to Ryou talk. He then washed his dish in the kitchen sink. He headed over to a comfortible chair and sat down, resting his side on a pillow that was there. He sighed as he placed both legs on the seat close to his rear end.

Ryou pointed to a scar around the underside of his eye.

"I got this when I was on my first day back on the job after my eye operation. Nearly put my own eye out with a knife." Ryou laughed at his mistake. "They were able to sew it up rather quickly, but I have this scar under my eye because of it. Anyway, do you want me to stay with you for the day, or should I go to work?"