•The•Two•Kingdoms

Teesie

9d7d5ce3416e1984_louis.jpg

Name: Strauss Dè Crodiquíle

Position: Seme

Description: Strauss Dè Crodiquíle stands at 5'12 and weighs no more than 150. The long legs he was 'blessed' with is a specialty of his, causing him to run at the speed of 33.5 mph when the average speed of a human is 27.79 mph. Orangish-red hair falling into the emerald eyes, Strauss face was freckled with small reddish dots; though very few and not very noticeable. Always wearing a black leather trench coat with a white and black shirt underneath, the red head always stayed dark and mysterious. As strangely as it was he always wore a black rose in his hair, but there was reason for that. Long clothed leather pants covered his legs ripped and shredded in place with chains topping it off. The vivid red clothed boots were the only color out of place on the fairly tall male.

Personality: The red head wasn't very interested in many thing, when he was ... he didn't hesitate to stare. After the staring was over the male would soon voice his opinion. Having a hot temper was also a characteristic that he had, Strauss could go from calm to irate in just one second. It was very ideal to keep track of what was said around the male or he wouldn't mind slaying another. The temper mixed with a mental mental state were two personality traits that shouldn't mix. The above average male could lose his surroundings when his emotions got the best of him.

Family: Strauss Dè Codiquíle was the only child that his parents had. Emili Sarone Sander, his mother, had married Heasta Dè Codiquíle, his father, in the first weeks of getting to know one another. To others it would be crazy but the marriage had actually worked. His mother was also a red head while his father was a blond. One rule of the family was to never exploit their beliefs as well as information of them. A secretive family is what was best known about them the citizens of the kingdom not even knowing the king and queen even had a son.

History: Strauss was born January 21, 1428. Most kingdom soldiers had said it was a nice season to be born in seeing that the red head was defiantly cold-hearted, getting the nick name "ice king." Being born in the kingdom of Zelphia all was to believe that their was no higher power than them. Zelphia had ruled the dynasty for the last three decades until a rivalry kingdom was built, Verrandes. Rilvary was a worst concept for the kingdom and brought about cruel behavior. The king and queen doing all in their power to stay above all the rest.

OTHER: The Kingdom of Zelphia was located on the border of Europe, but still resigned on their lands. As said before all was forced to believe that there was no higher power, therefore believed in no God....or the Devil. All who practiced any other religion was brought about in front of all citizens and stoned to death. The kingdom seemed to look out for the people on the outskirt of the castle, giving out small charities once a month. In all it was used to keep the love and passion the villagers had for the kingdom.

Kingdom of ZelphiaCastle-on-hill.jpg

Armory:

34bb272f905e64cbaaab34a0a149c303.jpg

The Zelphia Kingdom has little to no armor only being given weapons and a shield to protect themselves. Due to not having rivalry in decades the king and queen of their time never knew that one was brave enough to even try.

Secondary Weapon: 41WtJ9ljGSL._SY300_.jpg

$(KGrHqRHJDoFBQI8!WV9BQfZpBfbKw~~60_35.JPG

Exceeding in the arts of throwing knives and bows the kingdom could take out more than enough enemies from afar. Having an advantage of the castle being set atop a cleft, giving a higher point of elevation for better accuracy.

Beginning Post

Strauss sat upon his bed, the wind blowing through the window forcing the red silk curtains to flap constantly. A war was to happen soon, that is what the red head had heard his father say while talking to a soldier of the kingdom. The prince had asked his father for a job occupation as a knight, more so the commander; but out of selfishness the man declined. Strauss knew it wasn't for the fact that his father cared for him, no. It was for the dynasty to be continued to be ruled by te family name....Codiquíle. Haesta wasn't willing to let his only child die in the midst of battle.

Sighing softly the young man stood to walk to the window, which was opened and stared at the scenery below. The flowers had actually bloomed this year around. His mother had been trying her hardest to create an exquisite garden and finally she had succeeded.

Getting a chill from the small droplets of liquids clinging onto the morning mist the red head shut the window before drawing the curtains closed. The clock had the time of ten twenty and breakfast was yet served. It seems as if the chef was running late that would be a punishment. Strauss believed his father took discipline to an extreme, no, anything for that matter. Once the chef arrives he would be lectured on the proper time to feed the family and would be beaten to an inch of his life. Tolerance at the Zelphia Kingdom was quite ridiculous ... to Strauss that it.

"Strauss Dè Codiquíle, are you awake?" The man knew that voice from anywhere, it was none other than his soon-to-be wife. She was not attractive in the least to the redhead, and was quite annoying to be honest. What female, or anyone for that matter, calls a person full name everytime they were to talk?

Rolling his eyes the prince looked toward the door as it was opened, presenting a brunette woman with long curly locks framing her face. The big brown orbs covered half way while pearly white teeth shined from under thin lipstick covered lips. The lady was wearing a elegant fitting yellow dress that hugged her nicely curved body, she wasn't thin at all, with big breast and plump legs leaving only a little space in between. Her body was possible the only thing that attracted Strauss to her, but he could look over it.

"I'm woke, but do you have to come so early? It merely ten in the morning. I haven't even had breakfast."

Rosalind just giggles before approaching him. So long for a peaceful morning. The red head said to himself.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Teesie

2euq5bb.jpgKind of like this, but without the ears and glasses. He is also paler and his hair is slightly shorter.

Name: Raven Verrand

Position: Uke

Description: Raven stands at 5’9” in height and weighs 120 pounds. He has a lean build and is on the thinner side, but isn’t so thin that he appears fragile or weak; however he is not very strong and his lighter frame doesn’t make him a very good fighter, though he is agile and fast. He has a lighter skin tone, almost pale but not quite, and long legs and arms, making him appear taller than he really is. His hair is straight, somewhat long, and jet black in color, and his bangs hang gently in his icy blue eyes, the ends touching just above his eyelashes. He normally wears a very serious expression on his face and rarely smiles, though when he does it is a small and slightly crooked smile, showing more teeth on the left than the right. Raven generally dresses in darker colors, which contrast with the brighter national colors of his kingdom; he wears a dark gray long-sleeved inner-tunic with a black outer-tunic on top (this with short sleeves), black legging-like pants that reach his ankles, a black belt, and black boots that reach up to his knees along with a plain black choker necklace. Because Raven never actually participates in battle unless absolutely necessary, he doesn’t have personalized armor and wears whatever his father gives him.

Personality: Raven is a very quiet and shy individual who is timid to the point of being unable to speak around strangers; he gains a stutter and refuses to make eye contact. When he is around family or friends, he is still soft-spoken, though he uses sarcasm that many people don’t understand because they have trouble thinking it through. He is very intelligent and is called in frequently to assist in planning strategies for battle and in dealing with political affairs, which makes up for his lack of skill in fighting. He is the one who teachers his older brothers when they need help with math or reading. Raven has a rather negative attitude and shows a darker, colder side than his other family members, often appearing depressed along with his social anxiety. When he’s vulnerable and unguarded, he becomes much easier to reach and talk to, and he will accept the comfort given to him, even though he hates it when people touch him. He is the 'black sheep' of the family.

Family: Raven has three older brothers; Daniel is 33 years old, Edmund is 26, and Stephen is 21. All three of his brothers have blonde hair and blue eyes, just like his father, King Alistair, and his mother, Queen Miranda. Raven is the only one of the entire royal family for the past four generations to not have blonde hair; many radicals who are against the monarchy have spread rumors that this is because he was not actually born to the Queen, and this rumor has not been proven true or false – they believe that Raven is the son of the King and a servant woman. Neither one of his parents, nor his brothers, have ever mentioned his birth, not even when asked directly by him.

History: Raven was born on December 21st, 1431. He is the youngest of four brothers and is a prince of the Kingdom of Verrandes; he is not in line to be king, though he is well-known and respected for his intelligence. He spent most of his childhood studying alone in his room, refusing to go outside and play with the other children. This worried his parents and older brothers, and they tried to force him to join the games going on in town; he ended up climbing a tree on the grounds and staying there until it ended. This was when his family acknowledged that he was introverted and left him to his own devices. His brothers still tease him about it, but he has learned to ignore it for the most part. His brothers have to continuously shield him from the harsh rumors about his birth as well as those stronger than him who would hurt him. Even now he spends most of his time in the castle, reading and writing music. While the King’s favorite son is Daniel, the Queen’s favorite son is Raven; she is overly-protective of him and almost obsessed with keeping him close, which contributes to the rumor that Raven is not her son.

Other: The Kingdom of Verrandes is located on what we now know as Europe, and it is an English-speaking country. Their main religion is Christian, but some people are known to still practice pagan beliefs (including Raven, who hides this from his family and avoids going to church). The colors of the nation are gold, red, and white, and their animal is the hawk. They are known for their strong cavalry, though they have a rather weak navy. Their archers are not as well-known as their swordsmen, and in many ways they are not very enlightened. The kingdom is agriculturally-based and grows various different crops, though none of them are tropical. The kingdom experiences harsh weather with long winters and short summers.

Introduction:

In a cold, drafty hallway, a line of single torches shed light upon the darkness, casting shadows on the stone walls and golden tapestries. It had quite a gloomy atmosphere, as did most places at night, that was contrary to the usual brightness that came from the castle of Verrandes. It was down this hallway that footsteps echoed, quiet clacking sounds that became louder as the source of the noise increased its pace. Queen Miranda, in her long, flowing red dress, blonde hair tied neatly in a braid, and blue eyes shining, was hurrying to her son's room. She remembered the conversation she had had with her husband earlier that day.

"I'm worried about him, Alistair," Miranda had said in her soft and rather squeaky voice, her hands clasped tightly in front of her. "He never goes outside, and we never have time to talk." Taking a moment to swallow the lump in her throat, she whispered with teary eyes, "I think that he hates me."

Sighing and running a hand through his sandy-blonde hair, King Alistair gave his wife a reassuring smile. "Miranda, he's like that with everyone. He's just not a very outgoing person. You don't have to worry so much; he's not in line for the throne, so he has no need to learn to be comfortable around others. Let him do as he wants, and he'll be fine." The Queen's lips tightened and she broke eye contact.

"It's not just about him," she murmured. "I want him to show love for me. Those awful rumors...I want him to spend time with me. I know it's selfish, but...I need him!"

The tall woman shook her head to clear her thoughts, focusing her determined eyes forward. It didn't matter why she was going to see her son. He was her son, and she could do what she wanted with him.

Miranda found her son's room at the end of the hall, an oak door that had been painted black. The sight of it made her shiver, reminding her of how strange her child was. Gritting her teeth in an attempt to steady herself, she opened the door and looked in.

Her pale, blue-eyed, and black-haired son was laying on his bed in complete darkness, staring unblinkingly at the ceiling. One leg was up, and his left hand rested on that raised knee. He said nothing when she entered, though he knew she was there, and did not even turn his head to acknowledge her.

"Raven?" the Queen called out in a gentle voice, tilting her head from her place at the door. "Why do you have it so dark? Do light a candle." The words were a silent plea to have the young boy respond to her.

A few minutes passed before Raven slid off of the bed, standing and going over to the side of his room, his movements fluid even in the dark. A match was lit, and then a small candle that was placed on the table. A dim light filled the room, allowing the Queen and her son to see each other more clearly.

Miranda smiled, barely containing how pleased she felt knowing that her son listened to her. "Come here," she ordered with a light tone of voice, holding ahand out to him invitingly.

The brunette frowned, seeming unsure; though upon seeing his mother's smile falter he walked to her side, standing in front of her. Miranda raised her hand to his face and brush the long, straight black hair from his eyes, tucking it behind his ear. "You should get it cut," she advised, "so that we can see your handsome face."

Holding his mother's blue gaze with his own icy one, Raven replied in monotone, "I don't want anyone to see my face."

A cold chill settled over the room at that moment, and without another word Raven removed himself from his mother's hold, blowing out the candle on his way back to the bed and settling down in the shadows once again. Speechless, Queen Miranda backed out of the room, closing the door behind her.

As the Queen made her back down the empty hall, she said aloud to herself, "What did I do wrong?"

The red head decided not to pay much attention to her, hating he had closed the window so that there wouldn't be any distracts from the annoying women. Lying against the soft silk covers he closed his eyes not really willing to look to Rosalind.

"Aw, Strauss Dè Codiquíle don't act that way." There was that annoying habit once again, something that the prince would rather deal without. The male just wanted breakfast so that be could once again retreat to his room and be alone ... without the brunette female. Rolling his head to the side, Strauss faced away from the other occupying his room in favor if staring at the curtains that was now blocking the sun rays.

"I would much rather be alone. The time now just isn't right. The kingdom isn't in top shape and I'm sure you've already heard of that, am I correct?" Rosalind held her head down before slowly nodding. Just as the red haired man expected, then why the fuck was she here? Rosalind had a kingdom of her owns that her family had been ruling a little over two years; albeit in that small amount of time the king and queen had gained lots of respect and was able to have a large army of knights. The Zelphia had thought for the Romes kingdom to be yet one of the strongest, that was why they would alliance the two kingdoms with the marriage of their princess to Zelphia's prince.

"Well I told my father about the trouble that your kingdom was facing and he's willing to lend half of his men to you. I told him that it would be free of charge and since your soon to be my husband ... I should protect you anyhow I can." The girl's big brown eyes was steeled with determination as she was explaining her situation for being here. "I'm here to tell you the news, I know that you are a little stressed lately and would like to be by yourself. I'll grant that wish." The prince could tell that Rosalind was feeling rejected but he didn't really care. As the brunette had stated, he expected to be alone.

"Good, I thank you for the help but we won't be needing any of your men. We are perfectly capable of handling this on our own. I for one will be on the battlefield."

It was later on that day that the King and his three eldest sons met in the throne room. King Alistair stood in front of the altar, wearing his golden and brown tunic with red cape and tan boots. His blonde hair was tied back in a short ponytail, and his dark blue eyes were trained on the young men kneeling in front of him. From the corner of her room, Queen Miranda watched silently, her expression rather moody.

"I presume you three are prepared for the upcoming war," he said in a stren tone, gazing down at them intently.The oldest of the three sons, Daniel, was the first to speak. He stood up, his build strong and tall, with short blonde hair and the same blue eyes as his father.

"We are ready, father. Our armor has been mended and the horses are properly trained. We can move out whenever you're ready." King Alistair nodded in approval, clasping his hands behind his back. He waited for his son to return to kneeling before continuing.

"Very good. We'll be going into battle very soon." Without thinking, the second eldest prince asked,

"And what about our youngest brother, Raven? Will he be helping?" There was a long stretch of silence before the last brother responded.

"You know that Raven can't fight, Edmund," Stephen said in slight annoyance. "He's better with strategy and all that." The King let out a slight huff of confirmation.

"Raven will be planning here at the castle and devilvering messages between stations. He will not be fighting, and you will have to keep an eye on him when he's out in the field." The three sons nodded in understanding, their expressions grim. They knew how vulnerable Raven was; he had even gotten hurt in his own kingdom. There was no telling what could happen to him during a war.

Outside of the room the soldiers were all lined up listening to the adament speech that the king was making. The chef had finally made it, been beaten, and was now occupying the kitchen cooking breakfast for them all. Strauss was hungry and was ready to eat, but he felt bad that the man had to still cook after being disciplined ... Well at least that was what his father had said it was.

Standing from the bed the red head opened his door and walked down the corridor to the throne room. The king and the queen was in the room, all the knights disobediently bowed to him as he talked of the war. "An upcoming war is opposing our kingdom. We have to prepare for the war and we will strike first. Swords, shields and secondary weapons will be given to you all tonight. I expect you all to take out as many of those enemy troops as you can. Half will go to the battlefield while the others will stay here and protect the castle walls. You all are dismissed ... go prepare yourselves. No need for fear...it is not welcomed."

Strauss watched the troops give a hailing noise before standing and disappearing from the room, many bowing to him on their way out. The prince finally walked into the throne room and stared to his mother before his father. "I wish to join the battle. I won't take no for an answer. I won't die...I think it's absurd to have the skills of a swordsman if I don't get to use them." Haesta turned to disreguard his only child before once again shaking his head in disagreement.

"I won't send you into war it's too dangerous." The tall man stated his hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. The robe tied around his waist loosely as his hands rested in the pocket.

"Then if it's so dangerous why can you send our men out there with no remorse. They have a family to look after as well."

"I don't care about that! Those men should have thought of that before they became my knights!" The king said angrily to the prince looking to him once again. "I will not discuss this anymore. Leave." Strauss frowned before punching the wall and walking from the room with a roll of his eyes.

While the king and the three eldest princes were discussing the condition of the kingdom's knights, the youngest prince was holed up in his room, curtains drawn to keep out the sunlight. He sat at his desk, a thick blanket wrapped around his thin frame despite it being summer, and his black hair covered his icy blue eyes. He was staring down at a piece of paper, the words written in neat Greek letters, a book open by its side. The room was silent except for the sounds of the men training outside the castle.

Raven kept his eyes on the paper for a good ten minutes, simply staring, not writing another word. He seemed to be lost in thought, his eyes partially glazed over. The paper held a story the young man had written, in Greek so that no one could read it but himself. He had taught himself the other language, as well as some Latin. He had a tall bookshelf next to his bed; all of the books had been read more than once.

"I should write a song," he murmured to himself in a very soft voice, almost not audible. He sighed quietly and ran a hand through his hair, dark lines from lack of sleep under his eyes. Letting out a soft yawn Raven stood from his desk, going to the black door and opening it, exiting into the hallway.

Stalking back up the stairs the prince speed up to a run to catch one of the knights. He knew the male decently enough, it was Albert. The man was a brunette with dark midnight eyes, thin lips an a muscular form of build. Strauss knew that the man had a family, his wife was a nice lady that always offered him food whenever she was to visit her husband. The two had a beautiful daughter that was just born and the red head thought that the man could use a break.

"Hey, you, go home. Your dismissed throughout this war." The smaller of the two said looking into the eyes of the soldier. The man stood to stare at the prince before giving a small saddened smile.

"I can't carry out your demand prince. Y-"

"Do as I say, now! I don't want an excuse." Giving a small glare to the male. Albert laughed at the red haired male before turning to resume walking to prepare for war. A hand on his shoulder stopped him once more and he once again looked to Strauss. "I'm not joking...get lost! Go to your family, dammit." The brunette eyes widened a little before his face broke into a wide smile threatening to split his face. He now knew exactly what this was all about. So it seemed as if the ice king ... No ice prince...actually did have feelings.

"That is something that I wish I could do prince Codiquíle, but your father has told me to prepare for battle."

"AND I'M TELLING YOU TO LEAVE!" The shorter male yelled breathing heavily. He was tired of the idle chit chat and wanted to proceed with his plans. "Go now! No excuses...If I see you again I will have you killed...do you hear me?" Widen coal eyes searched the prince face to see that the man was completely serious. He nodded before changing directions to head to the corridor in which his room was located. Well, the brunette wouldn't argue with the male. He did miss his family and wished he had more time with them.

Steps now echoing toward the way of the armory. The man walked to follow the area in which the other knights were headed. Strauss would tell all the others to not say a word, he would get away with this for sure.

The black-haired prince made his way slowly down the long stone corridor, swaying slightly as he moved about in a dazed manner. He passed groups of knights and servants, though he was deaf to all of the greetings and compliments they gave him; he knew it was all a ruse, and he knew that many of them felt no loyalty to him, for they thought he was the son of a lowly serving woman. If he was not truly a full-blooded royal, he felt no shame or remorse; he could care less about being a prince.

I should write a song, he mused to himself again, letting no other ideas cross through his mind. His glassy blue eyes searched the castle grounds for inspiration, and he found it when he saw the traders outside from one of the windows. Staring at the young man bound by his hands, sitting placidly in the back of a cart, ready to be sold at the next kingdom --for Verrandes took no slaves -- Raven knew what he would write about.

Narrowly avoiding a collision with a maid carrying cleaned dishes, the young prince made his way to the front door of the castle, slipping past his family and stopping only when he was outside and a good pace away from the castle. He winced at the heat from the summer sun and quickly ducked into the shade of some trees, making sure no one was around before sitting down in front of one of the trees and closing his eyes.

Green emerald eyes glancing around the armory, the prince frowned lightly noticing all the swords and shields lined up for the soldiers to take. The red head would replace Albert and join the battlefield no matter what his father said. Slowly trailing more inside Strauss eyed all of the men readying themselves for the night. The soldiers would soon move out for the opposing war...against a kingdom that dared rival them, not that the prince found it surprising. Everyone had a rights to rule the dynasty, it was like survival of the fittest.

"Listen you all, I will be joining you on the battlefield. DO NOT speak of this with my father. If I found out that either of you talked I will have something done about that, do you hear?" This could all go well if everyone chose to obey his orders. He was sure that all of them had heard of his father's disagreement to him joining the war, but he wanted to. It wasn't out of niceness, the man was tired of staying in the castle waiting for his father to die just to take the throne and lead another decades of dynasty.

All men in the armory gave a small nod and a low mummer of 'yes prince' it was exactly what the red head wanted to hear. Strauss soon walked through the area in search for his own armor. Their was no body armor so the green eyed male had no way of hiding his appearance from his father. Biting his lips his eyes scanned the room some more before finding it useless. He would have to do something drastic and change his appearance. It had to be done, the prince was sure that his mother had some hair dye somewhere. Then the man would find a mask to hid half his face. His father would just think he was a little strange, but he'll be ok.

Speaking quietly from the corner of the room and interrupting the king's speech, Queen Miranda called out to her sons, "Have any of you seen Raven today? One of my waiting-women told me that he was not in his chambers." The men in the room heard the concern and panic creeping into the queen's voice, and immediately Stephen rose to his feet.

"I'll search for him, you can finish the conversation without me." Without waiting for a response, the twenty-one-year-old prince exited the throne room, having a good idea as to where his little brother was. If he's not in his room, than he's outside somewhere, mostly likely hiding in a dark place. Because he was the one closest in age to Raven, he understood him better and had a stronger bond with him.

As he had assumed, Stephen found Raven under the tree, seeing that his eyes were closed but knowing that he was not asleep. With a small smile on his face, the prince with long blonde hair crouched down in front of his brother, saying nothing until the brunette opened his eyes; despite having lived with Raven for so long, Stephen still felt unnerved by his virtually blank gaze.

"Mother is worried about you," he said plainly, watching the other for a reaction. Unsurprisingly Raven didn't even bat an eyelash; instead he nodded silently and looked away. Stephen sighed and straightened, turning to head back inside. "I'll tell her where you are, but she'll want to spend time with you tonight for making her upset." Once again he was met with no response, and in defeat he went back into the castle.

Walking from the armory with a strangely shaped sword and a dozen throwing knives the prince began to jog in the direction of his mother's room. Though the king and queen was married neither shared the same room. Sometimes they would join in a room together, but all in all the two had separate bedrooms.

Upon the door to the room Strauss glanced both ways before taking a hold of the golden knob which would open the door. Twisting it slowly a small snap was heard as the door was released to be opened. Pushing against the strangely designed door the red head entered the room. All I need is dye, maybe scissors as well. Just a little cutting wouldn't hurt. Strauss padded to the dresser and began to search through his mother's belongings.

Upon searching more, which was to no success, he gave up and closed the drawers. Eyes scanning the room the above average male eyes locked on a exquisite makeup dresser. It could be there.

Once Stephen was out of sight, Raven opened his eyes again and sighed. He brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs, resting the side of his head on his knees. He was deep in thought, uncertainties regarding his mother mixing with his recent inspiration and his feelings towards the upcoming battle.

I don't see why we have to fight, he said inwardly, as he often had conversations with himself. It's pointless, just like kings and queens. The young man trailed his fingers across the grass beneath his feet, gazing almost wistfully at it, his pale face darkened by the shade of the trees.

The grass is very dry...I wish it would rain soon... As he thought this he lifted his head to stare at the blue sky, thin white clouds drifting across the great expanse. Pray for rain... His mind's focus returned to the song he wanted to write, and everything else slipped away; he wasn't sure of how long he sat there, staring into space, but soon enough all three of his brothers came to get him when it was time for dinner, pulling him into the castle by the hand.

After searching for the dye the red head had finally found it, as well as a pair of scissors. The prince was currently mixing the dye through his hair, from the texture and color of his hair the black dye began to easily take it over. Strauss had a liking for his shade of organgish-red hair, but this needed to be done. The black would fade overtime anyways.

Running the Water through his hair he quickly dragged the remaining substance from his hair. Throughly rinsing it, placing shampoo into the mixture as well. Black liquid played around the tub as the prince was now done with changing the color of his hair. now was time for cutting. Looking in the mirror the prince stared to himself. This was very interesting in deed, he had defiantly changed but ... the man had to admit that black did not fit him well. Oh well, the scissor was soon raised to his hair and the prince took a deep breath before snapping long strands of his hair. The now black haired male had did nothing but shortened it an perhaps made more fringes to cover his face.

Well I'm done with that...all I have to do is retreat to my room. I can't be seen with my hair like this...retreat to my room, act as if I don't want to be bothered and disappear within the calvaries where the other knights would accompany. I've been trapped in the security of the kingdoms walls forever...I refuse to anymore. My personal opinion is that there is more to life than royalty, war and demands.

Staring at the other male in the mirror Strauss smiled. If his mother or father was to see him they would most likely die. Apparently princes should stay of normal statue and never harm a thing about themselves.

Everyone fell silent in the dining hall as the four princes entered. Servants and maids stepped to the side, bowing lowly before the young men; Daniel, Edmund, and Stephen went to the long table with an air of authority around them, their heads held high and their eyes staring straight ahead. Raven loped along behind them, his gaze trained on the floor and one hand in his hair, lightly tugging on the black strands. One of the maid noticed that the youngest prince was about to walk past his designated seat, so she stepped forward and stood in front of him.

"Ah, pardon the interruption, my prince, but you're--" She broke off as Raven came to a halt, lifting his head and staring her down with cold, unblinking blue eyes. The woman took an involuntary step back, her own brown eyes widening in surprise and uneasiness. "I-I...um..." Raven sighed and looked away from her, his expression disinterested.

"It doesn't matter," he said quietly, causing the maid to flinch upon hearing her master's voice for the first time; he never spoke to anyone but his family. "You shouldn't be bothered with where I sit." Brushing gently past her, Raven took a seat in the chair next to Stephen, his head lowered and his hands in his lap, nails gliding absently across the skin.

The poor woman's face flushed a bright red color, and she was escorted out of the room by another servant. Once they were gone, a grin appeared on Edmund's face. "Good one Raven," he said cheerfully, not noticing the uncomfortable atmosphere in the room; he was a very oblivious and slightly immature man. Daniel smacked him up the head and responded curtly,

"It wasn't funny, Edmund." King Alistair cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, and even Raven looked up, knowing what was about to be discussed.

Strauss peeked from the door before slowly exiting and walking down the hall, his footsteps next to inaudible. Walking along the corridor was a little relaxing, it always have been to the now black haired prince. Portraits littered the wall, pictures of random outings as he was a kid. The one that the prince liked the most was of the ancestral history, it ranged through all those who had ruled the dynasty once in their family. Haesta being the last on the list with small branches showing his mother and him. It was all to show those who had both a family and a wife.

Continuing to stroll through the corridor the naturally red head male glanced around, keeping his ears alert for any sounds, and eyes pierced for any movements. As he walked, silence reign through the air with only ticks of the clock, the prince's mind wondered on the war that was to come. It would determine who the rulers were, who would treat the others as lowly peasants. Now that the other think of it, it was pretty funny and a bit useless. What could ruling the dynasty do besides have villagers respect you out of fear?

Strauss knew that his father would never give up without a fight. The man was a selfish male who thought power ruled everything, and he was never willing to help another in need. The red head was actually surprised that the man had handed over his purposal just to have an alliance with the Romes Kingdom. That was one shitty mistake that his father had made. Once the time came the prince would not marry the female, he wasn't attracted to her and would not ruin what could be a good marriage all for his father's zeal for pride, power and fortune.

(Sorry it took to long YO crashed for me and I had to type it all the way over.)

{It crashed for everyone I think}

"As you all know..." King Alistair began before everyone could begin eating, "...the upcoming war is drawing closer with each passing minute. I would like to take this time to remind you of what will most likely be sacrificed for us to be victorious." A long stretch of silence followed his words, as the king, queen, and three princes took a moment to pray; meanwhile Raven was thinking about the positioning of the stations the knights would be set up in.

It will be hot during for the beginning of the war, but as soon as the weather starts getting cold we'll need to change tactics. Wars can last for many years, so we'll need to take all of that into consideration... He jumped, startled out of his thoughts, when Daniel, who was sitting across from him, kicked him under the table to get him to pay attention to their father.

"Daniel, Edmund, Stephen and I will be participating directly in battle; Raven, I want you to stay in the castle with your mother. I'm sure you don't mind." Raven shrugged in an almost casual manner, which was not appropriate for the time.

"I know father," he responded in that soft voice of his, "I will do my best to help with planning." His blue eyes suddenly brightened, the light glinting off of them as he got an idea. "I have actually been reading the history of the Greek empire, and they have many clever strategies for fighting in groups--" He trailed off as he saw the critical look in the king's eyes.

"Knights do not fight in groups," he said firmly, and Raven looked down at his hands, falling silent. Though he didn't show it, his insides were burning with anger at being so easily disregarded.

Saying that the king was excited for the war would be an understatement, the male was trying to keep himself from jumping down the stairway and to his death. The skills he had been trained with would come in handy, he wanted to see was the training any good to protect himself against reall danger and not just something like a robbery.

Padding down the stairs the black haired male, with green emerald eyes studied the room before slowly walking forward. The corridor to his room was now to the right, but it was also were his father mostly trailed through. The kitchen was in the area, but Strauss didn't believe his father could detect him. The man couldn't remember all of the thousands of soldiers he had hired ... could he?

Tsk... Who am I kidding! If Rosalind wasn't around to say my name so much maybe my father would even forget my name. That would be a shame, but it's not like he'd admit it. I wonder why'd the Verrandes kingdom proposed a fight against us anyways? Is there something that they perhaps want, or is the king just as greedy for power and fortune as my father. Pathetic.

The rest of their meal time was spent in silence, a thoughtful and almost sullen mood having fallen over the family. Queen Miranda was the first to leave, claiming that she was feeling ill and needed to rest. It was only moments after she had left that her closest lady-in-waiting entered the dining hall, bowing before the king and princes and saying timidly,

"The Queen would like her youngest son to visit her in her chambers." Raven's head immediately turned towards the brown-haired woman, surprise lighting his blue eyes. King Alistair raised an eyebrow but nodded, waving his son off.

"Go on, you're dismissed." Without speaking the black-haired prince stood from his seat and made his way past the maid and to the door. He slammed it shut behind him, signaling his disapproval. Daniel sighed and rested his chin on his hand, gazing at the door and wondering why his brother acted the way he did. Edmund noticed this and nudged him playfully.

"What, are you jealous?" This earned him a rough knee-bump from Stephen, who sent him a glare.

"It's obvious that he's worried about Raven, idiot." Edmund's smile vanished and he appeared confused. Stephen rolled his eyes and huffed in an annoyed manner. "We're all worried about him. You know how he is; it's not normal."

The prince was now in his room lounging across the bed. The black haired male had made it undetected and was extremely thankful. Strauss was sure that if his father had seen him he would have for sure studied him. Maybe he looked different from afar but he'd defiantly figure him out if was stopped.

No soldiers were allowed this deeply into the first corridor, it was were only the royalty of the family resigned. Groaning just a little the prince stretched lightly looking toward the ceiling, his mind once again wondering to the war.

So my father will soon send the soilders to the enemies kingdom. This would all be a disaster, if the Verrades have allies we are so screwed. Maybe I should get Rosalind to have some of her knights to fight with us. To have them waiting outside as we are ready to head to battle. Tonight is the night when the torment and pain begins. Is the dynasty that important?

Raven slowly made his way towards his mother's bedroom, trying to delay the inevitable for as long as possible. He was uncomfortable around people in general, but his mother's obsessiveness with him made him extremely nervous. He bit his lip as he halted in front of her door, debating on whether or not to just walk away and hide somewhere. He knew that he would get into trouble for doing it, but he really didn't want to be alone with the queen.

Unfortunately for the young prince, his plotting was cut short when the door opened on its own accord, the face of his mother appearing in the doorway. Her long blonde hair was out of its braid, flowing elegantly down her shoulders and framing her beautiful face. Her blue eyes brightened at the sight of her son, and she moved aside to let him in. "Thank you for coming," she said cheerfully, her upbeat tone making Raven feel uneasy. He said nothing, glancing around the room fleetingly before walking in.

Queen Miranda closed the door behind him, not noticing him flinch at the sound it made as it shut. She turned around to face him and smiled widely, sitting on the large bed and patting the space next to her, inviting him to sit. With an inward sigh Raven obeyed her unspoken request, his body stiffening as she wrapped her arms around him in a loving hug. "I miss you," she murmured, "you never spend any time with me." Raven frowned and pulled away slightly, not completely dislodging her arms but managing to move a few inches away from her.

Strauss was rushing through his room in search of something to hid his face. The only thing he could find was a doctor mask, that sure in the hell wouldn't work. Green eyes steered around the room in search of something else, though it was to no prevail. Groaning the prince opened his door and shuffled after the other knights who were leaving to go downstairs.

Maybe it's better if I wear nothing at all, that's way I won't stick out like a sore thumb. Ok... All I have to do is stay behind the others as my father dismiss us, then I am free to go. Soon all of the knights of the kingdom stood in the throne room.

"I want you all to go out there and win this war. Do not fail on me, I expect to be the ruler of this dynasty for all until I pass away. Do you hear me?" The king said his hardened eyes glancing around the crowd of fighters.

All the mens raised their hands to cheer and gave a 'Yes milord." Strauss only scoffed and continued to listen to the arrogant speak of pride and destiny. It all was useless shit that made no sense what so ever, but the dynasty meant nothing to the dyed hair man. He was just ready to go into battle and experience something new, experience something exciting for a change. Even though the green eyed male could lose his life in the battle he didn't view it that way. Pessimistic wasn't his thing to begin with.

Raven sat perfectly still on the bed as his mother ran her fingers through his soft, feather-like hair; perhaps that had been a contributing factor to why he had been named Raven. He often wondered why he had been given such an odd name; his brothers were all given standard English names, with meanings such as noble and courageous. Instead he was named after a bird, a dark bird that was used to represent death and shadows. It confused him, and made him think deeply about how his family saw him. He knew he was the black sheep of the royal family, and he knew that he appeared strange in their eyes. But despite his high intelligence, he could never find a solution as to why he had been given his name.

"Why do you say nothing?" came the soft, pained voice of the queen. Her gentle stroking of his hair stopped, and she trailed her warm hand down her son's cold face, the back of her hand brushing across his cheek. "Do you really hate me that much?" Her words quieted into a whisper, and she reluctantly pulled her hand away. Raven's icy blue eyes focused on her face, and he tilted his head to the side slightly, covering one of his eyes completely.

"There is no need to speak," he said flatly, staring at her with a blank expression. The queen's lips tightened and she folded her hands in her lap, holding them together tightly.

"What makes you say that? You could tell me that you...that you love me." She was desperately trying to gain a reaction from him as well as keep in her tears. Raven's eyes widened with surprise, one of the few emotions he ever showed his mother, or anyone for that matter.

"I..." Queen Miranda's head snapped up, and she regarded the young prince intently, hope shining in her bright blue eyes, her smooth lips curling up into a half-smile. "I love you." The words came out shakily, as if he were afraid of what would happen after they came out.

Strauss had actually manages to get pass his father. This is crazy! I can't believe I am actually doing this. Fighting in a battle over the claims of the dynasty. What a useless cause to fight over, but what do I know. Maybe the dynasty was something good to behold. Maybe my father isn't so greedy I'm just lacking knowledge and needs to be released in the world to know what I am missing.

Trailing behind a large group of soldiers the prince's heart began to beat more rapidly, he, as he had wished, was a knight to join the battlefield. Not that getting the job to protect the castle walls would have stopped him anyways. Though the naturally red head male was excited, he couldn't deny that he was also a bit afraid of losing his life though. Ok Strauss, time to man up and show these Verrandes kingdom what your made of. How dare they start trouble here? But....thinking of it.... how do I know that this wasn't my father's fault. Really doesn't matter....this all have to end.

A tap startled the black haired royalty as his eyes steered slowly to the source. The male let out a audible relieving sigh as he noticed it was another soldier. "Are you sure that you are willing to go into battle sire? This could be most dangerous for someone of your status. If you are in a pickle I would most certainly come to save you. I promise on that.

The prince frowned before slowly shaking his head and facing forward. All men were marching at a reasonable paste, mentally preparing themselves for war. "Nonsense, do NOT risk your lives for me. I will be fine, I'm not a weakling!" Some would think that the statement would make other feel secured...to feel safe, but Strauss Dè Codiquíle only found it insulting. Saw it as someone calling him a weakling that would get everyone killed.

"I didn't mean it like that princ-"

"Shut up and go away! I do not wish to deal with you at the moment." Startled the other soldier quickened his paste, another man taking his spot.

(I am sorry it took me so long to reply...I was doing resarch and still am. So sorry I'm busy today)

{It's fine}

Queen Miranda smiled widely when she heard those words, feeling as if her heart would explode in her chest. She threw her arms around her son, pulling him close to her chest and holding him tightly. She completely disregarded the gasp of shock and pain he let out, his eyes widening into big blue moons.

"I'm so happy!" she cried, feeling tears of utter happiness welling in her eyes, and it would take a person only as smart as Raven to notice how strange and almost hysterical she was acting. "I was so sure that you hated me, my lovely son," she murmured, her voice lowering as she placed a chaste kiss to his cheek. "I love you so very much..."

Raven bit down hard on his lip, avoiding her gaze, feeling his stomach clench; he hated it when people touched him, and he could sense how wrong his mother was in acting like this. But he could do nothing except let her do as she wanted.

Strauss never knew that the soldiers had such hardships. The red head learned that the knights only had three calvaries full of food. It was better known as the food stock, or food supplies. What was so bad about it was that the troops had to protect the food or risk having it stolen, or destroyed. If that was to happen then their journey will become a starving disaster. Once that happen, the allied men would start dropping like flies. It was horrible, the prince had no idea that this would be the situation he was in.

No. Think positive...none of that has happened yet and it won't happen. Both side of the army has food supply and if ours get destroyed we'd just have to steal theirs, right? Of course we will. I'm a fellow knight now, I shouldn't hold myself up like royalty. I chose to be out here and should view myself as equal to everyone else. I'm normal...just with the title 'prince.' Sighing the now black haired royalty began to march with much more confident

Strauss could tell that this was no easy job, for anyone. The male had to endure the sleepless nights and deaths of comrades as well as the other men strolling along this path. It was best that the prince didn't get attached to any of the others. It would lead to a much easier outcome.

Hm...there should be something that the Verrandes kingdom cherished. I should pay as much attention to the enemy troops as well as my own troops. The Verrandes soldiers could perhaps have the king in battle, that would actually be a good thing, except I know for sure that the ruler of the enemies would be a very skilled swordsman. Dammit!