07-Sins 「The Legend of Vitia」.. GROUP RPG ..

Saga

14d12x3.png

Legend of Vitia

Light without darkness

exists not,

life without death

exists not.

Hallowed by Thy name,

the chosen one shall

tame the beast.

Seven art thy fearsome names,

seven art thy holy powers.

Thus shall be named

'Septem vitia capitalia'

{. Genre

Historical, Action, Supernatural, Yaoi, Angst

{. WARNING

Might content some BDSM.

{. SINS INFORMATION

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]ID

[/TD]

[TD]Information[/TD]

[TD]Player[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Gonshiro Hijikoto]

(click on image)

2a7cr4i.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]

HUMAN

[

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
]

[/TD]

[TD]InkompleteWish

aafadw.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Vual Nix Semyazza]

(click on image)

[/TD]

[TD]

THE WIZARD

[

]

[/TD]

[TD]Teesie

ngyslh.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Luke]

(click on image)

2nlcxva.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

LUST

[

]

[/TD]

[TD]SakiOda

r9rg9y.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Léon De LaMater]

(click on image)

208dy4g.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

ENVY

[

]

[/TD]

[TD]Anime_Maniac_Leia

2ex4nk3.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Riku Tanaka]

(click on image)

23uwilz.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

GLUTTONY

[

]

[/TD]

[TD]Burned

1z6s0o7.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Lloyd]

(click on image)

2nq46y9.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

GREED

[

]

[/TD]

[TD] AomineDaiki

mr4lj.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Akarethu Sukishu]

(click on image)

r9rbm0.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

SLOTH

[

]

[/TD]

[TD] Dusutii

27yb9ua.jpg

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Angeale Ubrie Ishflueth]

(click on image)

3466xvk.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

WRATH

[

]

[/TD]

[TD]†:Faust:†

2hdmomg.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][Ryuu Kousaka]

(click on image)

344dywx.jpg[/TD]

[TD]

PRIDE

[

]

[/TD]

[TD]Saga

2d1olqb.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

{. ORDER of POSTING

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]InkompleteWish

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Anime_Maniac_Leia

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Burned

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SakiOda

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]†:Faust:†

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] AomineDaiki

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Dusutii

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Teesie

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Saga

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[Prehistory]

Very, very long ago there was the firstborn sin, Pride. For his brilliance and power, he often had to be related with the name of Vanity, too. Pride was often sent to Earth, to gather sinful souls. Like the sin he was, Pride has forgotten his human side, for he was once a human being. However, he learned to follow the Hell King's orders. And so, he was sent to take the soul of a man, who has committed a sin, of course. That human has killed his own brother and took the place of heir of his clan. Pride paid him a visit when the night has fallen, making it clear that there was no escape from fate, nor from judgement. The human then though, asked him the following thing,

"Have you loved to the point of hating?", then Pride was taken aback from the daring gaze of that man. He had no reason to answer, nor he should have cared to answer. But letting him out the hook, the human continued "I will give away my soul willingly, seeking no salvation from God or from the Purgatory. I will not ask to be reborn, Hell can chain me forever, but can you give me 10 years and come back for me?" The deal seamed legit, and very tempting for Pride. After all, Hell wouldn't reject another soul, to straighten their power over the world. So the deal was made and Pride had to re-appear on Earth in ten years from then. By the time when six months were left, Pride decided to visit the man again, having the feeling that since a human - they had always a way to find their escape, or have some sparkle of hope that it was just another nightmare what they saw ten years ago.

Pride has taken some random human's form of a lawyer, in order to meet the male since he has gotten pretty famous and rich in these ten years. After all, he had the blessing of Hell. The human though had a family of one daughter and wife, and seemed to be happy. Surprised that the man didn't run when saw the eyes of Pride; the human amazingly remembered these cold eyes of the sin.

"Ah, it's been close to ten years now, huh?", he spoke.

"Indeed, you should be getting ready, old man.", Pride reminded. But instead of regret, he saw a smile.

Not able to understand anymore the human's nature, Pride started to follow around the man for these months left. He saw sides of a human being,that he has forgotten long time ago. On other hand though, the daughter of that man has started to fall for Pride. But the father of that girl was wise enough to see through her, he asked Pride to not get his hands on his child. And so Pride got to know that although mortal, humans were ready to die for people who they loved. But then the question arose in his mind,

"Have you loved to the point of hating?", he asked a question that was ten years old. The human though kept a silence for a brief of a moment, before the answer "I have and so I committed you, Pride. Isn't the greatest kind of love hidden in a prideful soul?" Taken one more time aback, Pride was speechless. He laughed. That human was one hell of a human. Without noticing it, he was getting too close.

And so the eventful night came after these six months of close observation. Somehow in these last days, Pride was troubled. Troubled that he would chain such a brilliant soul to Hell. A place that was made for sinners and monstrous souls. But that soul before him was bleeding, bleeding all his life. Pride is a judgement, as such he saw not a single thing to judge so unmercifully. At that night when even the moon closed its eyes, Pride saw the man,calmly drinking his tea in his garden - ready to meet his fate. Not able to bring himself to do it right away, Pride asked,

"Do you want to run away from me?", but the human smiled again, that smile that slapped Pride each time.

"'Can I run? At all? I ran all my life, Pride. It's time to rest."

Angry at the pure soul that was seen as sinner, Pride rose his voice,

"'Humans. They think of themselves, always."

The human though couldn't say anything back, he saw that Pride was doubtful on the deal. But Pride put his hand on the male's forehead, watching the creature close calmly eyes.

"I will release you from your pain. But I shall not bring you to Hell."

In that minute, the human opened his eyes, full of regrets and pain. What was it? He really wanted to go to Hell? Pride couldn't get it, but before he was to complete the chant through which he was to free the soul of the deal.... his Lord appeared.

"What we have here?", wicked as always Satan circled around Pride who still had his hand over the human who was put into a trance. That was going out of control and Pride knew it. He averted his eyes to the human, then to Satan. Could he finish the chant before Satan was to break that soul being half freed? Unlucky night for Pride, he felt the Satan's palm over his own, forcing the 'deal seal' back, burning it with Hell's judgement. And then the echo of slapped hand broke even the small among of silence. Pride refused to judge.

Of course, that was more than enjoyable for Satan, to watch his own pawn struggle. More than anything else, Satan loved to make Pride miserable. But during the ages of existence, he couldn't find how to torture Pride, but now....he seemed to have found something very meaningful for the sin. The Hell's King chained Pride to ground, making him witness his own sin, the sin of a sinful sin, what a perfect match it was. Pride committing not only his own sin, but all the rest of the sins.

"My,my. What we have here? You've lusted that human, you've envied him, you have the urge to devour him until nothing is left? You surely laze around ,Pride. How about get some angry now, eh? Bring Wrath along. Bring them all to life!"

As the speech was running, so the soul was dying before Pride's eyes. Without knowing, Pride gave birth to all the rest of the sins.

"You...", not able to speak back to his Lord, he averted his eyes. Yes, he thought that without seeing it, he will forget one day. He was immortal. Time would fly, he would forget. It was for the best, just to forget.

"What are you doing, Pride? I am not done yet", with a freezing one's heart laughter he pointed at Pride

"You will not forget your sin. I will give you a gift now."

With a burning pain in chest, Satan engraved the human's soul's image in Pride. Even more, he cursed him to end of the world with the human form....of the only human he didn't judge. Thus Pride would never forget the face of the male he met ten years ago. That beautiful man now being him. As soon the ''transfer'' was made, Satan knelt down to see the 'painful eyes' of Pride, something you don't come across often. But then he heard...--

He heard the voice of a sin stronger than any Hell chain, breaking any border of logic...dissolving himself into Nothingness- he spoke,

"Mortem enim peccatóris.....mortem enim GEHENNA!"

("Death for THE sinner, Death for Hell!)

There he committed the last sin, Wrath. The newborn and lastly born sin, he appeared in that garden and witnessed it all. Of the all the sins, he was the only one who knew Pride's curse and pain. After all, he was born of that pain and hatred.

And so Pride never showed his face for another millennium. However, things were to change with another journey. The journey of Vitia.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• Noctis

• InkompleteWish

• Anime_Maniac_Leia

(I will just decided on the current season for now, hope it's okay. :D )

*tock* *tock* *tock*

A large shield was now decorating the towns entrance. "Annual Autumn Festival, huh?" Gonshiro read aloud. Many people were bustling around the city, putting here and there a few decorations to make the festival a big success. The only reason the cursed child is visiting this city is as always the quest for lifting the curse that was placed uppon him. He had yet to get a real solution to it. He only knew that he had to tame the seven Sins. Yet, the way to tame them or rather to find them, he didn't know. "A year left huh...." he said to himself, his voice fading into nothingness. It had been three years when he started his journey and he had yet to even get a clue to the solution. For a fact he knew that he needed to commit the sins to lure them out but it seemed like it was missing something. The chant, he needed a chant for it to work. And these he still needed to find.

He came to the city of Hiver to find his answeres to the chants since a priest was living here that, according to a rumour, knew of the acient scrips to summon the sins. So without wasting another second of the precious year that was left he continued his way onwards into the city. Gonshiro needed to evade workers more than often but it was okay. He was used to avoid other people or other people avoiding him. Before stepping onto the stone stairs leading to the local tempel on top of the hill however he let his eyes roam over the beautiful scenery that was currently happening all around the world. Leaves falling down from the threes, their colours ranging from brown, yellow and orange to a light red. The air was growing colder and the leaves glittered from frozen morning dew. Autumn was a nice season thought mostly unappreciated by most. Gonshiro loved it, it might be the sign for a comming winter but it was also the sign for the world to start anew. To lose their old faults and start into a blank and white future only to start sprouting once more. The young man loved to be like the seasons, to be able to start anew, to be able to lose the curse as easy as that but alas, it was not possible. So he turned back around and slowly started his ascent to the top of the hill.

Birds chirped in the area as the wind blew by softly. It was a cheerful morning. Nothing much to do, just relaxing in his chair with a cup of tea is what this young man would always do. Sipping the tea and taking glances from time to time to look at the weather was Leon. The young man was having a great time; why, who wouldn't? The breeze played with his hair; tugging it from time to time. The warmth of his tea shielded his bare hands from the chilly Autumn Morning. His suit was extravagant with one of the best designs in Europe. The night before sent a few chills up the young lad. But that didn't stop him from stepping outside his warm house and into the parky courtyard. His tea was drunk by the youngster while he was in his thoughts; his mind would not stay still but would fly from the end of a rainbow to the edge of the seas.

"Lovely morning it is..." He said to himself; his head resting on his chair with his spine relaxed. It wasn't as though he wouldn't be working. In fact, He just got a day off. His eyes swayed midst the sky and his thoughts. His muscles started to unwind to please its owner. Everything became pleasant and peaceful as Leon was diving into dreamland. That was, until his assistant barged in his wonderland and dragged him out of there. She caught hold of his right hand and brought it into contact with some cold ice, making the poor guy wake up in an awful manner.

"I apologize for the sudden and disturbing intrusion Sire but you have a phone call waiting from the Mistress." She said; her eyes showing sincerity and honesty towards her job. She looked at Leon with neither an amused look nor a bored expression.

"Mother called?" He asked while holding his hand to let it recover. A nod was given in response to his question by her. He got up after a while and went towards his phone. He was overjoyed but had a heavy feeling over his heart at the same time.

"Mother? How are you? It's been a while." He started talking when he took the phone from his maid. The clouds on this day still wandered about; favoring this young fellow. The autumn leaves fell; and the jolly Leon's autumn days began as the wind blew past the leaves making them fall to the ground in slow motion.

The cool Autumn air drifted through his hair; chilling his damp skin as he walked out of a small wooden dojo. He breathed in the fresh air and exhaled slowly as he slung his duffel bag over his shoulder. It was a small class but with it being in the morning, it was to be expected. It was mostly adults who had night shifts that night and wanted to get a early morning workout for a few hours. Plus, since today was a morning class, it was great for him seeing as his shift at a local odds and ends store started in thirty minutes.

Still in his gi, he walked swiftly down the street; wind tossing his black hair into disarray as he turned a corner onto the street where his store was located. Nestled into the corner of two streets, sat an old shop which was known by the locals as the Apothecary. It specialized in many natural cures for common aliments like the cold, sleep disorders and much more. Not only did it sell medicine, it had shelves lined with unusual artifacts and gems mostly crafted by the shop owner herself which she says are charms to help aid the person who possesses it.

It was a pretty odd store to come across but it paid well and he enjoyed it. Pressing a palm to the old wooden welcome sign that hung on the door, he pushed open the worn door and stepped inside the dimly lit shop. The smell of incense was strong and lingered heavily around the counter where the stick was slowly burning on a small tray made of black rock carved and polished into the a thin oval shape. A moving shape caught his eye as he stepped behind the counter and in a flurry of motion, the curtain hanging from the doorway connecting the back room folded open and through it, appeared the store owner. Vivian was in her late thirties with long brown hair flecked with bits of gray pulled up into a low bun with some thick strands already escaping to hang around her hazel eyes. She was dressed for the Autumn with warm colors matching the season which oddly stood out in the dark themed shop she ran. She had a wide grin on her lips as her eyes slid over to Riku who stood with his duffel bag over his shoulder.

“Riku! So glad you're here. How are you-- Oh, you just finished your training. You had training today? I didn't know this...” She paused for breath as she clapped her hands together. Fingers adorned with small silver rings that reflected the dim lights. “I must run to pick up a delivery. Can you handle the shop? Why of course you can!”

“Slow down...” he muttered, knowing how excited she gets over a delivery was entertaining to say the least. He had known this woman for quite some time and with her being a friend of his late mother, formalities were long forgotten. Flashing a grin at her jittery self, he slipped past her and dropped his bag in the corner. “I'll handle everything, just... “ he pulled out a black shirt and a pair of jeans. “Let me change then you can run.”

Vivian nodded excitedly and turned her back to him as she walked off, flustering and muttering over how fast the incense burns too quick and searching for another. It was the start of Autumn. And things were going to be lively now that the weather was cooler but for him, it'll just be another day at work.

• 5 weeks later...

Luke had awoke the morning yawning lightly and grabbing the cross he loved and always had, He rose from his bed and walked to the mirror and brushing the white locks. The moments has passed while he blinked at his own face as he leaned closer to the mirror he touched his face. “I don’t look like I slept an ounce…So strange” He spoke to himself and then went silent. "Luke, Sweetie I have Breakfast. Also there was a flyer for the festival in our Mailbox, You should go" Luke had shaken his head knowing full well his loving mother would not see the head shake.

Luke had pulled up clothing for the day which consisted of a simple black button up t-shirt and a pair of jeans as he adjusted the shirt he let out a sign and buttoned the shirt all the way to the top. He folded the edges down and laid the cross over the top as he grabbed a small sweater that had a hood; it was adorned with small and very faint designs that blended with the sweaters dark color. He walked down the stairs as his mother turned she let out a sigh. "Can’t you wear anything other than dark colors you look like a priest"

Luke looked down at his close and blushed lightly as he nodded to his mother walking to his chair to nibble on the breakfast. He had woken up late enough to skip having to say good bye to his father whom for some reason left him feeling ill to his stomach. Though Luke knew a secret his mother did not, His father was an awful sinner who and Luke could not stand being in the same room as the man who clearly cheated on his mother with some other woman.

Once his dinner was finished Luke had to go off and help out at the church that was nearby, He usually sorted the books in the library where no one would find him and or bother him. Luke walked out the door with a soft shiver look pulled up his hood and began walking. The cold autumn air seemed lovely and made everyone Luke had passed seem like they enjoyed just being in the weather the seemed to chill Luke’s core. Luke hurried past the crowds and into the church where he felt more at peace then he did in view of everyone’s attention

Luke Enjoyed the alone time in the library where he could be himself and softly relax in a world of luxury and silence. He roamed the aisle adjusting books and moving them about till he found something else in the library he could help with without being noticed much.

[table=width: 600, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

A soft flutter of burgundy leaves against a cool breeze, passed by his gaze, birds tweeted and the calming aroma of his tea. All of these were neglected when he felt the presence of the curse pass by him. He gave a start, golden eyes opening; red flames swirling back in its piercing depths. His head turned to the side, gaze following the visage of a normal looking brunet. A slow smirk curved his thin lips as a delicate china cup was pressed against it, green tea slowly passing through.

You should've come earlier, Gonshiro-kun. Was the silent words the lips stated, followed by an amused chuckle. Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, and Sloth be ready. They are coming. A slow smile as the male stood, leaving a good sum of money on his table before exiting the coffee shop he was in.

People. That was the first thing he saw. Too many people. Then, noise. Too much noise. It was normal and ordinary. He didn't mind, but someone inside him did and wanted all of it gone. Another slow smile as he started walking, quickly turning into a decrepit and darkened alley when no one was the wiser. He kept going until the darkness swallowed him whole.

It was always the same in this realm. Always dark with an overwhelming presence. He smiled, pocketing both hands and strolling casually as if he was in a bright and sunny park. A few decades ago his human form would not have survived in this realm. And now it could, but that was why he was second.

From the darkness to the light,

From the sinners to the saint,

I,the child of God, speak your name

with the greatest Pride for the claim.

Golden eyes opened and red fire churned in its edges, a small smirk following the small gesture. Tadaima.. Pride.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

"....oyd! Lloyd!!"

A heavy, brutal voice was echoing into Llyod's head. He just ignored the annoying voice and kept on sleeping, burring his face deep into the pillow. The bed was so warm and soft, making him want to stay under that blanket forever withought making a single move. Sometimes he was so calm that he thought that he wasn΄t breathing and that his heart has stopped beating. Of course if that was to happen he would be able to see the sun rising every morning but every day he was enjoying that view.

"Lloyd I said!"

A big noise, no, the door being forcefuly opened woke him up for good. He turned his head and looked at the door. His eyes now were wide open. At his room's door there was a big man with a muscular body. That man was his noisy roommate and boss, owner of a small local sushi bar. His name, Kojiro Yamana. This massive body made it΄s move toward to where Lloyd was sleeping.

"Ah! W-wait a minute.... K-Kojiro-san? Hiiii! I΄m not dressed properly! P..please spare me!!! Lloyd begged.

"GET UP YOU LAZY BASTARD! YOU΄LL BE LATE AT WORK!!"

The man pulled the blanket forcefuly, pulled Lloyd from his slender arm and land him into the bath tab. The water was warm this time. Yes, this time! It΄s not the first time that Kojiro-san woke him up like this.

"Get a good bath kid and get ready for work! Breakfast is ready so make it quick before it get's cold."

"Y-yes sir!"

Once the big man left the bathroom Lloyd sighed. He sunk his head under the water and then he lifted up. After he finished his bath he got dressed, got downstairs where the kitchen was and had his breakfast. Once he finished he looked at the window and then at the clock.

"Kojiro-san...can i?"

"Ah! Sure! I΄ll be waiting for you at the car so don΄t be late."

Lloyd run upstairs and got up to the roof. He was waiting for the sunrise and the first lovely morning breeze. He was waiting for it, his heart beat was rising. Then, the sun was up but instead of feeling happy he felt uneasy. His chest was in pain. His eyes stopped looking alive,the seemed empty like a dolls. He got up from where he was sitting, moved toward the edge of the roof and jumped. A normal person would have died but he didn΄t had a single scratch on him. Now he was at the backyard. Lloyd whispered something and a tear open infront of him. He closed his eyes and let the tear suck him in. Unce he opened his golden eyes again they looked lively again. The aura around his has changed though. Now Lloyd was sitting on a golden throne, giving a big smirk.

"So...an other game is about to start huh? I can΄t wait!"

It was still dark when the ringing pierced his ears, a regular occurrence and one he welcomed. Throwing back the covers he got up and quickly got ready dressing in a rush and then spending about ten minutes plaiting his hair, the single shock of white in the otherwise pure black making him seem about 5 years older than the rest of his features. With his hair neatly tied back he grabbed a bottle of water and left the house quickly locking it behind him and attaching the key to a loop of his belt.

He looked over the landscape a shiver running up his spine as he took in the early autumn morning, with the sun still hidden behind the horizon everything was shaded in a dark blue hue and he smiled. This was the best time to run, it was quiet and the streets empty meaning his energy wasn't wasted trying to avoid and get around other people. Before he set out on the jog he stretched, watching the horizon as the first indications of the sun rising became apparent with the sky in the distance becoming lighter. He set out on his run, listening to the small noises nature made as he did, turning into the nearby park so that he could hear more. The birds singing as they went about hunting for food, many have been up for a lot longer than he had.

By the time he'd finished running the dawn light now flooded the streets bringing to life the bright autumn colours. Reds and golds filling the air as he slowly stopped in front of his house and fiddled with the key so that he could get back inside. He walked in, feeling a lot more awake than he had before and looked at the time, about an hour until he started work. He stripped off the clothes he had been running in putting them straight into the washing pile before walking through to the shower.

The needed daily tasks completed he left the house again, not one to waste time on unimportant tasks he lived just moments from his work place and was soon walking into the lab. Specimens lining the walls he sat at a desk and opened his lab book, which filled with his scratchy handwriting recorded everything he had done one previous days and he started writing the next part.

"It has been identified that the specimen FLA-0091 is a failure. So far no compound has been able to recreate Platyhelminthes regenerative ability in any organisms more complex than the platyhelminthes."

"Aka-Kun you are here already?" The deep voice came from behind and he looked around, battered glasses slipping down his nose only to find one of the other lab technicians walk in with a smile on his face. Walking over he looked over Akarethu's shoulder. "Starting already? You do remember we need to help out with the practical for the students right?"

"Of course, i just wanted to get something done before that. No point wasting time, after all there is still half an hour until we need to be there." He smiled at Mark the other technician and turned back, luckily he had almost finished with this and despite its failure for his intended goal he would still run a few more experiments with it to see if it had any other beneficial uses.

"Come on you workaholic." Mark dragged him out of the lab off to the prep room for the practical they were aiding with.

The dominating sound was the laughter and chatter of the people enjoying the Annual Festival. Vual was not very fond of a large amount of people, as well as a noisy area where he couldn't think. The dark haired male just relished in the silence lingering in the building, though at times like this it didn't matter where he resided. It would still be shattered with the obnoxious festival games, laughter and music.

Vual wasn't an average man. He had seen things that many people wouldn't be able to stand. Things that other wouldn't have survived through. Due to those situations the male had gained a power that most thought was unreal, impossible. The cursed state of immortality. The man wouldn't complain though, because for him he actually liked the idea of never dying. He was never too foolish as to get himself attached to someone, to fall in love or one he could even call a friend. These things specifically helped him with the depression of losing a loved one.

The citizens that were residents in the village only knew him as the priest, nothing else. They also gave him the title of 'Miracle Healer.' The dark haired man couldn't show those he had magic, it was his own little secret; albeit villagers knew he some sort of powers to heal the folks he had. This was just his way of making money, it was much better than to have some worthless job that one had to attend mostly every day. Nix would make thousand in just one helping.

Coal eyes roaming around the room, the black haired male spotted what he wanted. Taking the necessary steps, a strange book lying on the table, was soon in the man's grasps. It was something he had been meaning to study lately. It had ancient scriptures, as well as stories for the most powerful sin, pride. Vual had been needing to know more about this sin. There was only so little that he knew of him. The fact that he was a male, he was the assistant and Satan and had given birth to the other sins when in betrayal. It wasn't enough for his liking, he wanted to know more about the man. More about him so he was able to face him one day.

When his dark orbs began to scan over the letters on the page a knock was given at the door. Frowning slightly he folded the page down to close the cover. Standing to walk over and open the door, he was assaulted with the vision of a brunette male. Raising an eyebrow he took a step away from the door. There was something about this boy and Nix could tell it wasn't good nor normal.

"What may I help you with?" Staring to the one in front of him.

Shaky and faint breaths - inhaled and exhaled.

The darkness was thick and unbreakable. The black ocean of Nothingness was a natural flow

for Pride. He felt at ease where nothing but he reigned. Where he was alone and away from any soul's sight. The sin was floating in not formed shape, embraced by the darkness. His conscious was the Ream itself. What year it was? He didn't even know that little. The hand that supposedly had to caress his own face formed a whipping wave of strong wind, for he was formless. Ah, he had no form. Not like he cared either. The conscious sank deeper in that black ocean, his despair spreading around with monstrous pressure over the Realm. If a living being or soul was to enter would be probably smashed like some plain coke can.

"What is it..that I lack...",

his inner voice spiraled in self-questioning as the sin kept floating around the endless darkness. His motionless gestures best described by the windy weather in that Realm. It was a fearsome wind, just like before a storm - the voiceless wind.

"For I am everything and nothing; the beginning and the end...yet it's not enough.",

as a creator of the other sins, he had all of their trails. The greed within him was so strong. The human he wasn't allowed to forget consumed each part of his mind. Suddenly the place got beyond silence. The piercing feeling of that glasses were shattered to pieces, the gate that wasn't open for so long cracked open. He heard a velvet yet deep voice, which demanded the best of him.

From the darkness to the light,

From the sinners to the saint,

I,the child of God, speak your name

with the greatest Pride for the claim.

Tadaima.. Pride.

Although it has been so long he knew that voice belonged to a certain creature, rather to the only sinner who could enter the Real alone. Quick and sharp shifts of the wind caused a small cut against Wrath's cheek, for he demanded out of Pride to take form. And how Vanity hated that form. As to be expected from the merciless character of his, he had to "welcome" his junior suitably.

From the far a black smoke formed a tall shadow figure, inch by inch the body parts defined themselves from the darkness. The smoothness of white skin steamed with contrasting blackness of the smoke, which had rather inky form around Pride, like melted darkness. The sin was unstable and kneeling, it has been some time since he used his legs. The hair covered his face, but still the body was visible fully. A quick guide of hand came in contact with the floor as he held himself up, careful to fall not. The Hell's ring visible on his slender finger. Vanity opened slowly his eyes, the first thing he saw was the smoke dissolving from his nude body. He stood tall, careful with the speed he got up to stare at Wrath with his empty gaze. His eyes dark with a certain powerful depth. The lips were dry, not used for so long. A faint shift to side, he averted eyes with a slight nod with chin. He looked to side, as if expecting something. A sudden powerful swish of smoke was pushed forth by the wind, for his hand to stretch out and grasp in fist the smoke. He pull it harshly and mercifully, but somehow it had a manner of grace in his gesture. The pull formed a beautiful and silky robe. He spread it open as put it over his nude body.

- Wrath.

He turned around and walked into the depth of the darkness, as if leading the path to his cabinet. The place formed, indeed, a path. It looked as if the chaos bent before its master and drew out what Pride wished. A perfect and goth styled cabinet, where he welcomed one of the sins.

- I expect you to give me a good reason to not eat your heart and decorate my Realm with your head.

His voice was ever so calm, detesting from his very bottom the human form of his. A reason why the cabinet had not even a single tool that could give a reflection.

Gonshiro continued his way up the stairs, each step seemed to put more pressure on his body. Was this place cursed? "Hah. What a joke, as if there could be a worse curse than mine." he mumbled and took a deep breath. The pressure seemd to fade a bit. Something or someone powerful was in this town and it made people who were able to feel spiritual power sick nearly. It wasn't a good pressure but not a bad either. It was something in between. There weren't evil intentions....yet. One step ahead and he would be on top of the hill. The breeze picked up and Gonshiro relaxed for a bit. He looked towards the town that lay a few stairs under him. Though there was pressure in the air, the town in itself seemed peaceful. As if nothing could go wrong.

But Gon knew better, his sole being here was like bringing a pest into a town. If he would stay to long, the peace might not continue as it is. Though it wasn't a nice thought, he could already feel the curse eating away in his body. One year, it wasn't much and hope slowly diminished. Yet, he couldn't stop, he would try his best even if he wouldn't be able to lift the curse. Without wasting another minute of the precious time he walked towards the shrine and knocked on the wooden door. While waiting he thought about his accomodation for the night. He walked the last few days none stop since the villages he passed through didn't have an inn or the like. His feet started to hurt a while ago and he can't wait to fall into a warm bed and just pass out for a few hours.

He was ripped out of his thoughts however when he looked towards the boots of another male. His vision went up again, towards the face of the other. "Uhm, well. Are you the priest that lives here?" he asked, just to make sure. He didn't want to talk to a stranger about the sins and the curse and so on. They would probably think he is either really interested in history (or myth whatever you want to call it) or is just plain crazy or a lunatic.

• 4 weeks later...

Tick. Tock. Tick.

A tropical Forest.

Where a small mistake could take a deadly turn and become a sin.

Where a small piece of hatred could rapidly change into a crime.

Where the weakest of them all reeks havoc.

It's the den of one of the sins.

It's effect isn't as fast but so much deadlier.

Meet, Envy.

He sat laid back in the slightly humid place. A view worth seeing; a view worth wanting, A view worth envying. His demeanor was relaxed without a care in the world. His green eyes were hidden behind the eye lids; His silky blonde hair swayed in the tropical breeze.

His normal routine was rudely interrupted by a voice that resonated in the dimension.

Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, and Sloth be ready. They are coming.

The young lad's eyebrows twitched as his eyed opened to reveal his green eyes which showed annoyance. He worked up the energy to sit up straight only to start thinking on why Wrath would say such a thing. 'What is he thinking?' He thought as he saw the human world filled with a mixture of happiness and sadness; Anger and Forgiveness, Kindness and Hatred, Prejudice and Open-mindedness.

'The humans are so interesting...' His thoughts trailed off; a smirk slowly appearing on his face. '... They are so interesting, to the point where I envy them so much...'

A bells that were tied to the trees rang as an evil laugh escaped his mouth. "I'm waiting." He spoke; his green eyes glistened in the sunlight.

• 2 weeks later...

Silence fell upon the store once more as he watched a girl nearly skip out with a small bag of herbal. Business was steady thanks to the Autumn Festival preparations, even though he could not see, he was certain the streets were now lined with decorations and lights. The chatter of people filled the air as the excitement grew and the day drew close. Ah, yes... Things will be busy among this small town but it wasn't all the festivity that made his mind wander while trailing his slender fingers over the top of a small turquoise charm that lay in a transparent bowl amongst others of it's kind. It was the small whispering in the back of his mind. A shift in the atmosphere was occurring.

He flipped the charm over in his palm and glanced into the polished surface. He tilted it slightly and caught the faint outline of his reflection. Black hair brushing across shadowed eyes and pale skin. Lips set into a small smirk that lifted the corners of his mouth at the thoughts crossing his mind. He dropped the stone back in it's bowl and slipped out from behind the counter and headed toward the door. 'They were coming' the thoughts whispered. Yes, that shift in the atmosphere was changing rapidly. Arms folded across his chest, he exhaled slowly as the breeze that filtered into the store through the open doorway ruffled his hair and cooled his skin. 'Let them come.' he grinned. Life was about to get quite exciting.

[That sucked but my mind went blank half way through.]

Luke felt a shiver as he walked to the temperature gauge and tilted his head as he blinked, Though the temp in the church was warm Luke had felt cold and even felt like he was being watched. Quickly Luke looked behind him, seeing no one there he let out a sigh patting his chest in a calming pattern as Luke had finally relaxed he went to check in the returned books grabbing a sheet he lightly began writing the titles down and placing them on the rack beside him.

"A lot of returns today" Luke mumbled to himself checking each book making sure each one was perfectly normal and not damaged in any way. He did this for awhile till he went to look at the paper. Some of the titles were there but he leaned in close blinking at the small written text that rest on the paper below the books title's and condition reports. Luke slowly read the words aloud to himself in a small whisper like voice.

~Your desires, My body.

Your love, My pleasure.

I give--~

He was cut off from finishing the sentence as he glanced up looking at a girl returning a book, He stuffed the paper into his pocket and began rewriting the titles as he did he kept checking his pants pocket for the paper making sure it remained in his pocket while he wished to finish it and to know why he wrote it, There was no books that had such sinful words in them.

Luke stretched after he had finished writing and checking in the books on the sheets as he went to pull the cart and return the books to their positions, He shivered again curiously wondering why he felt so scared or even like he was being watched.

Laughter; fine and clear. Joyous and full of innocence. No touch of malice. Just pure.

Angeale smiled, even as he exhaled heartily after that bout. He hadn't laughed like that for a long time. He didn't exactly know what triggered it, it just happened. Pride was.. well... Pride. He didn't treat anyone differently. It was sobering, in a good way, to know that even if he was the youngest, Pride still treated him like he did the others. Well... maybe.

Stifling the remnants of a chuckle, Angeale lifted a tentative hand to wipe the blood that had cascaded down his cheek from Pride's 'greeting'. He didn't mind, at least for the first time he was seeing Pride's realm before Wrath took over. The pull of the eldest was that strong.

Giving one last look at the darkness, Angeale stated, [Ahh.. well.. I suppose you don't want me here. I'll call Wrath.]

Then there was an explosion of fire, although bright still could not contend against the deep black of the realm.

[Pride] Said the deep voice that echoed as wings lifted to show what was hidden.

Wrath was the only sin that bore any resemblance towards the heavenly hosts. He was awash in blue and green flames, naked as he was, silvery feathers managed to covered most of his nudity. From the edges of his jaw up as his hair and down his nape were all thick fiery silvers of the feathers that covered him. From the tip of his shoulders to the underside of his arms then towards his arms and ending with black talons on each finger. A muscled and defined chest was evident, small smattering of miniature feathers just adoring his sides where the muscles against his ribs should have been. A toned stomach gleamed against the flames, down to his hips and navel; all covered in silvery feathers. His manhood was hidden, under the soft fluttering of darkened silver feathers; that swirl down his thighs like snakes, that end up covering the back of his knees. Feathers also adorn his legs down to his feet; each toe also adorned with black talons. His entire back was covered by his long feathery hair, a few strands parting to make way for his massive wings.

[They will be coming for us soon.] The dark lips stated, angled face turning to give the eldest a silent look with burning eyes. [The human will have a friend with him.] Blank face never changing, those eyes gave a slow blink. [If they manage to take the other five then I might not be able to stop them.] A sigh before those black lips curved into a smirk, sharpened teeth revealing themselves. [It would be up to you to decide the outcome... if we end up coming here to face you.]

Wrath tipped up his face, contemplating. It was always so depressing in this domain. He gave a light growl. That was Angeale's thought. But then again.. maybe it was true.

Next to that golden throne there was a table. On that table there was a chess. The board was made from black and white marble and The figures were made from gold, silver and gemstones. Someone would say a piece of art. Greed looked at it. The figures were on their possitions, ready, waiting for the players to move them and crush the enemy. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

'Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, and Sloth be ready. They are coming'he murmured. 'And that was the reason you woke us up? Does he even think before he speaks....seriously! Now that i think of it it's been a while since we had a big COOL PARTY~! This is gonna be fun!' Greed burst into laughter. It's been a long time since he was so excited over something. It's not that he is going to have fun but he will get to fool around with the mortal humans and get something that he was longing for something for so long. He looked happy. A second ago he would be angry for waking him up after his long sleep but now he could see what this waking up could provide to him. Yes, that's what Greed was all about. He wouldn't do something when he has nothing to gain. Many times he finds himself to act when he wants something bad. No matter what he will take it. Greed gave a big smirk

'I didn't even get a good morning kiss'

'I just want only one thin..g..'He left his mouth open as if he wanted to say something but then he closed it right away. Whatever it was he will get it no matter what. There is no point wasting his words for such thing. His actions would speak louder than words do. He didn't want to hear them, he just wanted to do what he wanted and that's what he was planning.

Greed walked toward his throne and sat there. Every good plan though has a weak point. He gave a rather annoyed expression now. He had to think of a better plan.'That person will submit to me no matter what!' He said angry, graped the king figure that was on the chess next to him and hold it tight into his hand to the point it started bleeding.

It was a few hours later when Akarethu stumbled out of the lab. Teenagers were so.... useless. He found himself massaging his head as he had terrible flashbacks of the last few hours. Never again, he was never again going to volunteer to help with a practical for the undergraduates. He had agreed because it was demonstrating a platyhelminthes regenerative ability to the students, but they couldn't even cut the blasted worms properly and when it came to the follow up practical next week he was certain most of the specimens would be dead.

He went to the cafe on campus, ordering the strongest coffee they could make and then had an extra shot of espresso added in for good measure. Grumbling about the length of time it took to turn on a machine to make a simple drink he marched back to his office. The other downside to helping with the practical was that he was now having to traipse across the student filled, noisy grounds and he spent most of his time glaring at the groups of guys showing off to the gaggles of girls.

The cool air conditioned room of the lab he shared with Mark and a few other technicians welcomed him, the quieter environment was considerably better for being able to actually work. Mark looked up as he walked it, "You took you're time getting back Aka-kun." He then noticed the cup steaming in Akarethu's hand and smiled knowingly, "They weren't that bad just a bit excitable."

"They were that bad, I hate them. They have no work etiquette, mess around while doing the experiments and ask the stupidest, most pointless questions, that may i add they already have the answers to." With a huff Akarethu sat down in front of his lap book opening it up to where he was before Mark had dragged him off and scanned his notes. He had a few ongoing experiments. One was about the regenerative ability of Platyhelminthes, though the final goal for that was to be able to regenerate organs. He was simply taking a different route with the stem cell research. One of his other experiments was to try investigate what different chemicals did to cancerous growths, a popular experiment to be sure but the more people working on it the more likely it was to be solved.

While he was reading he heard a strange voice ringing in his head, he couldn't make out the words, though he knew some were being said. He dismissed it quickly rather than wasting thought on the matter, knowing that he was going to have a strange dream when he finally slept later.

The dark haired male only stared to the smaller teen and gave a sadistic smirk. He recognized exactly who this boy was, the aura surrounding the other was a dead give away. Taking a step back, leaving room for the other to enter the temple, Vual nodded at the question and turned to attend to his research. "I am the....miracle that had come to settle in this town. I guess priest would be my title to the others." He answered weirdly, shrugging as he not really cared.

"I know who you are, though I don't have your name. Seems that you have less time than I thought to rid yourself of this curse. Have you truly been searching for all this time, or are you a procrastinator?" He asked simply, sketching a picture of the boy into his notes. Nix needed to have all information in order to understand every aspects of the curse, therefore he was not willing himself to miss a single detail.

The other interest the priest already from the start of not knowing him. Just reading ancient scriptures of the cursed teen had brought many attractions to the brunette. Vual found that it could be heartily exhilarating to be the keeper of the curse, although frightening. At least the brunette would have something to do. People's lives were full of boredom and some went out for days of excitement, like tonight's festival, although when it's all over, the lives would soon revert back to a dull sitting. Gaining knowledge was what excited the older male the most, so he was sure the brunette would enjoy himself; albeit maybe it was all an opinion matter to Vual.

[Ahh.. well.. I suppose you don't want me here. I'll call Wrath.]

His eyes plainly stared at the other; it seemed the transformation didn't bother him at all. Was it because nothing could impress Pride.., or may be because he's seen that form before? Of course he would treat the other equally. After all, of all sins out there Wrath was one of the most troublesome ones.

[Pride. They will be coming for us soon.]

The very empty gaze of his stayed impregnate; yes, he caught some rumors beyond the silence. He had that unique power to hear voices beyond the silence. Those voices spoke for a man who dared to even give a thought about taming the sins. A reason why Pride actually didn't pay any attention or express any interest was because, after all, it was foolish to think about it. A human, to tame sins? Laughable.

Pride locked his brows in a frown.

[The human will have a friend with him.If they manage to take the other five then I might not be able to stop them.]

He supposed what Wrath meant by 'to stop them'. How could the second to most powerful sin speak like this? It ticked Pride off. How could he even think a mere human and some ''friend'' of his could do a harm? So annoying. Of all sins, the most pure outcome of Pride's feelings was Wrath. In that day..., when Pride swore. When he lost all he desired and all he denied, the painfully torn soul of his gave birth to all the rest of the sins; however, his most beautiful form was Wrath. And yet..

[it would be up to you to decide the outcome... if we end up coming here to face you.]

And yet Wrath seemed to think they would stand some chance against Pride. So the 'warning' message gave feeling to it.

He squeezed the perfect line of his jaw, anger pouring out of him. He was better than his sin ''children''. He had to be better. Yes, it was his greed, his gluttony and lust. His very own wrath and not even for a second he desired to move forward - his own sloth. He envied the rest of the sins, in fact he envied all beings. Although he had powers similar to Satan, for he was the blessed one of Hell - he envied the freedom the rest had. But his sinful trails were tamed by himself, vanity.

A relaxed and audible sigh come off his lips. Pride reached smoothly hand up, covering half of his face, grinning widely under palm.

- You think you can beat me? ..Ahahahaha-haha-ha..Aaaah.

Sharp eyes filled with disgust and hatred ignited his long forgotten powers. Tongue traced a wet path across his velvet, bottom lip as the hand relaxed down, to reveal his ominous expression.

- Do not speak so lightly of it, Wrath. - his palm reached forth, a very dark mist oozed off the palm; the dark smoke got torn from crimson flame. It was a beautiful mixture between black and red, the flames of Pride, - I treasure your guts, in fact, I love them. Of all people you know how much I love to see good for nothing humans struggle in their misery.

"Misery.. they know nothing of it."

- Their cries mixed with their prayers.

"And where was God when I prayed and begged?"

- But most beautiful of all is... their reality shattered to pieces. You think a mere human and six sins can stand before me; the me who is older than all of you? The me who carried once the name of Lucifer? - suddenly his palm clenched and the flame disappeared as if strangled by its own master. But what was more worrisome - he got too close next to Wrath, to reach an ear.

- Please. Don't flatter yourself so much. But I shall let you go this time, for I lust for entertainment. Show me your best and your worst.

Pride knew very well there was a chance for the human to successfully tame the other sins. However, he also knew it was rather impossible for them to tame him. Especially in this Realm. Not to mention, Vanity had one single purpose to exist with his own curse - he wanted to see Satan dead. Nothing else mattered to him. His eyes averted to side, not expecting to make eye-contact with Wrath, but if he did - even better. He had to sink in his best sin's hatred. To get drunk on that pure hatred and anger.

- If you manage to tame me, I will submit to each next request asked off me. Take it as having the mad dog of Hell as your personal bodyguard. However, if all of you disappoint me.. - eyes darkened their shade - .. I will drag your bodies through the nine Hells; I will wipe off the heated ground of abyss with your souls. And when you finally break, I will change you into humans; such as the trash that comes for us. Ravish you all as humans and then eat you. Don't show yourself before me until you are ready to face me straight-on, Wrath. Else, it's rude, don't you think so?

A lift of brow, he grinned. Pride started dissolving into dark mist again, letting his wide and sadistic smile engrave in Wrath's memory.

Gonshiro sweated dropped at the others behaviour. He was different than the normal human, not just because he was a priest but the way he carried himself. Gon bowed slightly in thanks and stepped into the shrine. Though he was interested to look around, he kept his eyes on the other male. He got the feeling that he should pay all the attention he has on the taller one. He not only fixed his eyes on the others form but he grew serious. His carelesness had been a problem at times but Gon did know when to be serious. And now was one of these times. It wasn't only his future that would be endangered but also the future of the other humans.

"My name is Hijikoto Gonshiro and i did search the world for any leads. It seemed though i didn't look at the right places." he openly admitted. He probably traveled over the whole world already and read every book he was able to get his fingers one but none of it mattered. It had been two years and he did not find anything. It was a failure all along and now he had to live with it. Only one year was left but it seemed at least, that he found a clue. Truth be told, it was nice to travel the world and learn so many things but you couldn't really appreciate it if you always had a time limit as his. His sole purpose in life was to break the curse and survive. And he would give everything to accomplish this. Or at least so much, his conscience would allow him to. He did not want to hurt or kill another being if it wasn't necessary.

Gonshiro sat down on the wooden floor in the traditionally japanese way and fixed his scarf. Out of the clothes he could wear in this modern time, he sticked with the traditional yukata and even his weapon resembled something from a time long ago. Naginatas weren't used in fights anymore. It might be the ancient curse or his own being but he loved these things. History had always been a strong point of himself. Though he couldn't remember a part of his own life, he was (also due to the travels) knowgledeable in different histories and legends. But not in his own curse, there were nearly none scripts in the world about it in particular. He had found the legend of the deadly sins but neither their chants nor the curse that was placed uppon him. It was frustrating as hell. Feeling but not knowing what was happing to you and your body. It wasn't strong but he could already feel something prodding in his mind. It wasn't his psyche but anothers. The beast was slowly crawling it's way through his body.

"Mind i ask you of what you know about my curse? I know that is related to the sins but other than that i couldn't find anything at all." he muttered the last part and looked sidewards. His mind drifted off. A year was left and he had yet to find the anything. Finding the scripts or chants were one thing but he also needed to tame the sins. Lust, Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath and Pride. The deadly sins. He could imagine what they stood for and what they might want but....how could he tame them? He could not wage war against others just because Wrath wanted it. His mind wasn't stable at the moment. He had to much to deal with and had yet a way to find how to accomplish things. Before dying from the curse, he would probably die from his jumbled thoughts.

• 1 month later...

"How are you today, Sir Leon?" A voice called out to the young lad after he finished one third of his daily routine. The young lad, noticing the person who called out to him, slowly turned to look behind and to acknowledge the voice. "Arthur!" Leon exclaimed, half shocked and half relieved (?). A smile slowly grew on the man's face as he walked over to the newly arrived friend. "How have you been?" Arthur asked as he stepped forward and greeted Leon with a smile and a classic hand shake. "I've been doing well but right now, I would be the one who should be asking that." Said Leon with his usual smiles. The air around them was like the air around two friends who haven't met in years. That could apply to them but it wasn't just that. "I seriously freaked out when people told me you had died! You shouldn't worry your friends and family like this." Leon said with a scolding tone, making sure Arthur took note of it. "Yeah, Yeah. I'm sorry. And besides, I'm your guest right now. Shouldn't you be treating me to some coffee?" Arthur said, his playful tone coming to light. His personality was nothing new to Leon for those two had been friends ever since they were little. "Ah… Yes, of course. You have to tell me all about your trips though." Leon said, walking with Arthur to the garden. They kept talking, ignoring the havocs of the world and enjoying the moment of their meeting.

Meanwhile, in Envy's realm.

"I'm getting bored…" Envy said, sighing heavily. He really wanted to have some fun but unfortunately, there was no one there to do so. "..I wish that human can come quickly…" He said again, but in a more teasing tone. He rolled over, rolling to his left then rolling to his right. But he was just officially bored and there was nothing he could do, except turn to the humans for some enjoyment.

He suddenly got up; his emerald eyes glistened in the sun as he looked into the human world. His interest in playing with the humans slowly grew as the seconds passed by. "Well, humans, I wonder what entertainment you can give me today." He said, sitting up straight as he started creating trouble once again in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

The sun was setting nicely in the darkening sky. The hues of red and yellow lingered brightly around the few wisps of clouds that hung around the sinking sun. The breeze that filtered through his hair carried the deliciously mixed scents from the festival's food stands. Excitement filled the air as the streets came alive with the sound of laughter, chatter, and the running steps of children as they dragged their parents into the gathering mass.

Riku stood at the edge of the crowd; thumbs in his pockets as he gazed around with an emotionless expression written clearly on his face. This was a night of fun, spending time with loved ones and carelessly throwing away all troubles to focus on this one night but, things were not that way for him.

Of course, he did not have many worries, but what filled his mind was the whispered voice still hovering just across the edges in his thoughts. They were coming. Yes, that 'calm before the storm' feeling was making itself known on the rising tension in the air around him.

Something about the atmosphere was unsettling. They were coming.

Here.

Perhaps he'll be able to run into the rest of his 'family.' Or better yet... that one person. After all, he'd like to see what this mere being looked like.

Vivian had hurried back before night had fallen to close the store up to head to her own stand at the festival, and had encouraged Riku to attend the celebrations. Still dressed in his black attire, he moved his way through the crowd before him. Easily slipping past couples wearing colourful yukatas holding hands, children tugging on their parent's clothes, and the random loners who were simply just enjoying the food. He paused as he stepped under the soft orange glow from the over hanging lanterns. Turning his face up to the radiating glow, his gray eyes reflected the glow momentarily before looking away with a small smile turning the corner of his pale lips. Ah, this would be one hell of a night if the atmosphere tempted fate with such sweet desires. The breath of a laugh escaped his half parted lips as he shook his head.

He hoped this human activity would draw this human out of hiding.

He wanted much more entertainment than what his everyday human life held.

• 3 weeks later...

“Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been three weeks since my last confession...”

In the shadows of the confessional, Father Abraham rolled his eyes and listened in silence to the confession. As far as sins went, it was pretty ordinary, the usual run of the mill, jealous of my work colleague, working on the Sabbath; though to be fair, why wouldn't you if you were getting paid twice as much for doing it. He sighed at that particular thought, that wasn't the point here. If people wanted to follow the Lord then in his book, he made sure they did it properly, not halfheartedly. He didn't regard himself as the most pious, for that would be caving into pride, but he made sure he was the most diligent and stringent in the application of the Lords wishes.

He let the heavy silence linger for a moment, gauging the level of repentance before his deep, soft voice cut through the air. “The Lord is truly forgiving. You will say three Our Father's, five Hail Mary's and as part of your penance you will make a personal offering at collection.” As spiritual as Father Abraham was, he wasn't stupid either, people were more concerned with their immortal soul if they actually had to pay for it. They both droned out the Act of Contrition and he was once more left in the dark silence of the confessional booth.

He checked his watch; the time for confession was nearly over and he was content enough to sit in the booth until it was. He enjoyed the silence; it allowed him to gather his thoughts and in the silence he truly felt he was at peace and communing with the Lord. The alarm on his watched quietly beeped the hour and with a sigh he stood slowly, his robes rustling as they shifted. Opening the door to the confessional, he blinked a few times; the church itself was still darker than the outside, but much brighter than what was in the confessional, he could see the motes of dust swirling through the muted rays of sunlight that filtered through the stained glass windows.

He adjusted his glasses and walked quickly to the rectory. He needed to change out of the confessional vestments, an irritable look crossing his face. Lately he’d been feeling inexplicably restless; strange dreams, unholy urges; the Lord was obviously testing his faith, so he’d made the effort to distract himself. Idle hands did the Devil’s work, so he threw himself wholeheartedly into his Parish. A quick walk through the Church gardens and he was at his small and modest dwelling, carefully hanging up his vestments and changing into what he usually wore when he was “off-duty” - black.

He looked at himself critically in the mirror as he adjusted the stiff white collar of his office. It was said that he was devastatingly handsome; dark hair, dark eyes, chiseled jaw… he of course refused to acknowledge the doe-eyes and coquettish looks. He just simply was not interested in breaking his vows of celibacy, and giving into the sins of the flesh; truth be told, he couldn't even remember the last time he was hard over something and therefore didn't even have a reason to touch himself. With a few adjustments he made sure he was neat, tidy and above all professional, before stepping back out into the Church gardens, locking the door behind him.

The area was hosting this years Autumn Festival, and of course he’d volunteered to help out as much as he could; he sat on the committee, provided advice and offered ideas, but truth be told he was the mediator when disagreements erupted over who was supposedly responsible for what, but it was agreed that with him there, this year’s festival organisation was running smoother than expected, a far cry from previous years. He deflected the compliments with the ease of practice, he was just doing the job that was assigned to him, and doing it well, nothing more, nothing less, the lord guided him in all matters and surely his blessing was upon this year's festival.

He cleared his throat, and squared his shoulders, shaking the feeling of discomfort and disquiet before making his way to the community hall for the next festival meeting.