Yon Allen Ophthalmology Institute (1x1 with Yujiko)

Usagikun

When Ethan had received a full scholarship to Yon Allen Ophthalmology Institute at first he thought it was some kind of scam. What kind of school had got its name for being the best at training the worlds greatest eye doctors? Especially since he wanted that to be his profession it had the smell of something too good to be true. However his usually spot on instincts were wrong about this. This was an opportunity that fell into his lap, and the only visible catch was that it would require him to move to Hawaii.

He had never really left his home town before, nestled away in the bible belt of America, it was a wonder that this school had even heard of him and his test scores from that secluded neck of the woods. Not that he was particularly complaining but it was a bit nerve wracking to say goodbye to his friends and family.

He knew one thing though as he settled into his seat next to a rather gorgeous tanned individual, that where he was going he wouldn't have to worry about his family while he sorted out all his sexual orientation issues. He wasn't a hundred percent sure he was gay, but whenever he saw an attractive man his heart would just flutter and his head would go in all kinds of wistful directions.

He wondered with it being Hawaii and all that he may have some kind of sorted affair, he couldn't imagine a shy guy like him getting into something like that, but he knew he would have to try sooner or later.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yujiko

• Usagikun

Cohen was in his seat, one of the first on the plane. No goodbyes to give to family, they were all busy either with their wall-street businesses or with their education to one day own a wall-street business. The man sighed as he rested his chin into his hand. He was a pariah in his family, not cause he was trouble, but because he didn't like to wear a suit around'n'about New York city. Honestly, he'd rather they didn't like him for being a trouble-child, but he had a plan and he couldn't mess it up. You see, the entire reason Cohen Ivers didn't want to follow the family path into the financial districts of New York was 'cause he loved eyes. No, no, no- I'm talking about anatomy here. Cohen wants to be an ophthalmologist. Yes, an eye doctor... Don't laugh.

What's even more uncanny is his attention to his physic and to his appearance- he almost looked like a Jersey Shore kid... Almost. He looked more like a surfer than a gigolo though. The man was fit, muscles showing just enough through his skin, you know not to much and not to little, but just right. His skin was almost caramel like, tan and not to dark. Here's the real kicker, his eyes and his hair- oh my, this guy is coming right out of a fairy tale now- Blue-green eyes and dirty blonde hair. Mmmm... Yummy.

Cohen wasn't dumb, after all, he got into one of the most prestigious ophthalmology colleges in the world, not that there are really that many, but you get my point. But, my dears, he wasn't all that bright either. He struggled through highschool trying to keep at least a 3.5 grade point average. Some of us will look at that point average and laugh, others will nod and understand the struggle. However, just remember that he's a hot, tanned, and ripped surfer- yep... There you go.

As the blonde sat in his seat, gazing off into the setting sun ready to leave, he was surprised to hear another passenger boarding. And like the others, when the person came closer he looked over. Sure enough, it was the kid who was going to be his plane pal. This guy... He looks pretty uncomfortable... And different. Cohen only watched as the other began to settle in and put his bag into the carry on compartment. Let's be clear, the only way to tell if one was a live-eat bible born was if either one, you were one; or two, if they looked the part. Sure this new kid that sat down beside Cohen Iver looked as if he was raised in a boarding school or even a private school- but he wasn't going to jump to conclusions all that quickly.

Cohen cleared his throat, why not make friends? He adjusted himself in his seat and them held his hand out to the younger looking man," Hi, I'm Cohen. Cohen Iver... What's your name?" He smiled, charmingly, his pearly whites almost sparkling.

((that was a lot longer than I intended it to be haha))

Ethan almost jumped a little in his seat at the sudden greeting. It wasn't that the guy was frightening or anything like that, but he was the sort to get lost in his own thoughts when he got stressed. Plane rides did just that. They were giant hunks of metal that went tens of thousands of feet into the air at alarming speeds with the only thing keeping it up being power fulled by highly combustible gas. In other words it was a giant vehicle of death that could explode or crash or get high jacked at any moment. Yeah he had heard it was the safest way to travel but really what the hell did they know anyway?

The need to start a new life for himself had out weighed his fear of flying, but only by a little bit. He clutched his chest a little and looked at the guy. He was very attractive, tanned, toned, and had a cool confident air of someone used to being a bit rebellious. It made the blonde flush a bit as he scratched the back of his head "Oh...hello...I'm Ethan" he gestured to the plane "...I don't fly much... kinda scary, you know what I mean?" he laughed a bit nervously, his cheeks now a bit redder in embarrassment over admitting his fear.

He nervously put his hands on his lap and looked down at them, using the swipe of his eyes to look at the mans body. It made his heart skip a beat when he saw how in shape he was. Even in his clothes you could tell he worked out. He was probably a real lady killer, probably why he was heading to Hawaii.

"Sooo....are you on vacation or something?" he asked after a moment of silence, trying to keep the conversation going as the plane got ready to take off. maybe he could keep it going till they got there and he wouldn't have to think about potential death.

Cohen's smile awkwardly fainted as the other jumped at his greeting, had he really startled this guy? The New-Yorker simply made use of the phrase "grin and bare-it" as he tried to keep up with the young blonde's babbling. The way this kid held himself made the hunk's mind wander a bit, detracting him from listening entirely. Maybe the dirty-blonde could assume that this kid was a live-eat bible born, he definitely fit the memo now. Though, this little guy's shyness was kind of cute, the way he was kind of fidgety made him even cuter... You know... For a guy. Cohen caught the glance that the young blonde used to check him out. His cheek tinted pink so slightly, but his tan hid it. Biting his lip a little, Cohen dropped his hand into his lap. Ethan, huh? He gave a light smile and faint chuckle to the boy's flying comment, he really didn't mind flying, he actually liked it.

"Vacation?" He raised an eyebrow and then look down at his clothing. Did he really look as if he was going on vacation? Lifting his eyes to the younger a shook his head 'no'. "Um, no. I'm actually moving. I'm going to a college in Hawaii. Believe it or not, I want to be an ophthalmologist. Don't laugh, I mean it." He watched the young male for a reaction. Maybe he'd laugh? Maybe he'd give him a dumb look? He did know... Cohen looked away for a moment. He didn't like no knowing.

Ethan's eyes went wide and grabbed the others hand without thinking. His nervousness was almost entirely gone with the news that this guy wanted to do the same thing he did. What luck! How many times do you meet someone like this and they have something like Ophthalmology in common? Not many

"REALLY?! WOW!" people looked a little at him gripping the other males hand and the excitement in his eyes and they didn't know what to make of it, whispering to each other at the sudden outburst.

"Omigosh, I am going for the same thing! Really! Look...um" he swiveled in his seat and bent over to get at his bag at his feet, revealing how his jeans hugged his bottom in just the right way before he plopped back on his seat. His sister had laughed at him when he bought clothes like that but he liked them and they felt comfy.

"I got a scholarship from here" he said showing a brochure with the letters Y.A.O.I on the top and the full name in small letters Yon Allen Ophthalmology institute, showing off the attractive school with palm trees and lush campus grounds of the college.

"I couldn't believe it, I mean I've always loved eyes, they really say so much about a person without saying anything at all. I mean look at your eyes..." he kind of flushed when he actually did "They show how...confident...and...um..." he blinked a little and looked a little closer "wow...you have really beautiful eyes..." he realized he had said something taboo and pulled back in his seat, trying to recover. Hopefully he could recover himself from getting mesmerized by that wonderful blue green color that almost burned into his memory. If he would of told a guy something like that back home he would of got jumped "um... What college are you going too...Cohan?"

The people around them weren't the only ones surprised by this kid's reaction, Cohen was pretty startled. It was almost to difficult for Cohen to keep up with the young blonde. It was also surprising how that single similarity made the other younger male so friendly and suddenly extroverted, I mean the kid just went on and on. However bipolar this little blonde suddenly seemed, Cohen couldn't deny how nice the view was when his new plane pal went to grab his college brochure, He's got a cute butt... Cohen hadn't noticed it in the beginning, but suddenly their college acronym was a little... Ironic and irony filled? Not to mention humorous and embarrassing. Y.A.O.I a school acronym and a Japanese word for a smutty boy-love genre often read by female Japanese girls. The young dirty blonde and blue-green eyed hunk blushed a little at this. After all, what are the chances?

Suddenly, the young blonde beside Cohen moved closely, looking at his eyes- he just stared back, a tad nervous- you know, it's not all that common for a stranger to just stare into your eyes and- What?! Beautiful?! Cohen's cheek tinted darker as he darted his eyes away and covered his mouth with his hand. This kid was far to much...

"Attention all passengers, this is your captain speaking. We are about to begin take-off, please buckle your seat belts, place your trays in the up-right positions, and stay seated at all times. Thank you, and welcome aboard AirTrans." The intercom cut off. Cohen obediently buckled his seat belt, his tray was already up. "Umm... Thanks, by the way... About my eyes heh." He cleared his throat sitting back. "You're are really nice too." He said gently. Cohen didn't have to make the younger male uncomfortable to know that his eyes were a wondrous blue.

OmigodOmigodOmigod... he thought to himself as he self consciously touched his flushed face. He needed to calm down right now. He was acting like a freaking nutcase, jumping and spazzing like this was going to make this guy think he was some weirdo that needed to be in a psych ward. It wasn't till he registered that the other had not only thanked him for the compliment but had said that he was nice too!

Nice? Me? Too? Omigod!

His heart was thumping like he was running a marathon and it wasn't cause of the fact they were taking off. He took a nervous glance over and Cohan was actually blushing too!

"I'm nice? I dunno about all that...your a lot nicer then me." He was painfully nervous and becoming aware that they were climbing higher and higher in the air.

He took a deep breath and exhaled out. He hoped with all his might there would be no turbulence, he did not do well with turbulence.

"So...Cohan right? Do you...um...do you...wan't to say what college you are going too, you never said...it would be crazy if we both got into Y.A.O.I and had seats next to each other...."

• 4 weeks later...

"Me nice?" He laughed for a moment," I meant your eyes are nice, but I guess you're a pretty nice person too." He smiled bright, the awkward air and his nerves settling. Maybe Cohen needed someone like this kid in his life, to add excitement.

For a live-eat-bible kid, Ethan and Cohen seemed to share spirits. Just when the younger had said the acronym of the school, a light feminine giggle came from behind the two men. Clearing his throat, Cohen rubbed his neck. "Um... Yeah. I'm Going to Yon Allen too. I didn't get a scholarship, but I got in." He said softly. He watched the other as the plane rose. "Hey, It's okay." He spoke softly," If you get to afraid you can grip my hand." Holding his palm up, he smiled.