Sometimes...Being Naive Isn't Always Bad? ((Shisu x Kaai)) ((18+))

Kaai_Michi

Kaai: light%20nekomimi%20loveless%20pink%20hair%20cat%20ears%20anime%20anime%20boys%20ritsuka%20aoyagi%20pink%20eyes%201280x960%20wal_www.wall321.com_32.jpg

Name: Kirano (Kira)

shisu: 435619-bigthumbnail.jpg

Name: Natsume

On the morning of the annual festival for the shrine gods, Kira was perched on top of his shrine, overlooking the space leading up to his shrine. it was usually quiet, save for the few old ones who visited, but it was now very busy, seeing as tonight was a festival afterall! kira liked the festivals, but had never been to one, hhe decided he would go this year because of how close it was. his tail swayed in excitement and anticipation as he wanted to do anything to make the time go faster. he laid on his back and starred at the sky before drifting off into a soft nap.

he woke up not but an hour into the festival. he hopped off the shrine he usually guarded and made his way nervously to the groups of people, maintaing he physical form. he was excited before, but now he was slightly scared. there would be so many people, surely one of them would see him. even though he couldnt be seen as anything more then a golden retriever to any normal person.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arekushisu

• Kaai_Michi

Natsume saw the lights far off in the distance. He tilted his head noticing his own shrine was dark. He could hear the faint sound of children with their mothers here at night like always. He heard the loud noises and his ears perked up. He was the God of the East shrine. He knew all the other shrines had gods looking over them as well but he didnt know them by name. He new there was a Fox (him), cat, dog, and another that he didnt know.

He sighed and got up stretching his hands over his head. He got down from his pearch on the top of the shrine. He walked toward the sounds his tail flicking beside him at the noises. His large white ears moved to the sound of people as he got closer he decided he would check it out. He trotted into the long lines of people. He was good at getting out of things. He had been to about four other festivals and he enjoyed all of them. He looked around and smelled the sweet smell of candied apples around him along with other amazing foods. People wore masks of the dog that covered their faces.

kira reached the festival grounds and scurried about, taking all the sights of the oddly colored lights on the activity booths. "pretty, im glad its so close this year..." he said in a soft voice. he pressed softly against a litttle girl on acident, drawing her attention twards him. be as she was a child, she was more prone to seeing him. the girl had given a small gasp seeing his ears and tail, and then smiled happily. she thanked him for his protection and such before hurrying after her mom. he smiled kindly in her direction. he really did love little ones, they were nice company when they came to visit the shrine. returning to his sight-seeing, he waved softly to an old woman whos eyes widened and then returned a wave and a soft smile. he really did enjoy these things.

Natsume knew he was slighlty unwelcome here seeing as it wasnt his festival. People still said hi to him. The elderly, the sick, the young children. All smiled and nodded at him and the ones that frequented his shrine hugged him or just thanked him. He loved children even though it may not look like it. They enjoy playing with his white tail...and the fact he was a fox it was fluffy too.

He waded through the crowd finally finding an openeing he streatched out his arms and he held them behind his head feeling his ears twitch at the sound of a little girl talking to another about dolls. He looked over and they smiled at him waving him over. He looked around and they giggled nodding at him again. He walked over and kneeled down to them his tail flicking behind him and his ears moving at their voices. He could smell the scent of another animal here...not sure which but another animal or god was here. He smiled and played with them as they asked.

kira stopped walking as he looked around, lifting his nose to the air lightly and smelling. someone else was there. and they wernt human, animal, prehaps? he started walking again and crouched down, pokeing playfully at the tank filled with gold fish. "so cute...* he wished he could have a fish, but seeing as he couldnt, he found looking at them and playing with them was enough satisfaction. his tail wagged excitedly as he followed the fish with his finger as they swam, tracing their path with his finger. it was sad he spent most of his time alone, but he couldnt help it, he had to protect his shrine.

Natsume knew he was close to the smell. He laughed louder than usual knowing anyone with ears like his could hear it. He kissed the girls head and she smiled lightly. He was next to the goldfish seller and it was a game you get the fish by getting all the bottles down in the game. He usually won and gave the fish to children. He smiled at them handing the dolls back to them. He was curious about the smell he was getting. He stood but a tug stopped him. The girls didnt want him to go. He sighed falling for the little children staying with them knowing most likely that the other would come to him and if not he would only stay a little longer then go find him/her.

as kira was messing with the fish, the scent of the other unknown being had seemed to have strengthened. this overwhemling smell made him sneeze. "ah- my nose...." kira covered his nose with his sleeve and looked around, his ears twitching, trying to find the source of the overpowering smell. he zeroed in on the general area, but still was unable to pinpoint where it came from exactly, there were too many people. he did move closer though, in an attempt to have a better chance of indeed finding the right person. an unknown being here on blessed ground was intolerable.

Natsume smiled and waved at the girls not watching where he was going. The smell grew thicker as he walked blindedly looking behind him. He bumped into a person...which doesnt happen. People only young or old can ever feel him. Others just dont notice him brushing up against them. He steadied the person and smiled lightly, "You okay? I didnt mean to bump into you." He said with a soft voice dusting off his own outfit seeing the others was slightly messy too. He was fair looking Natsume's eyes moved up his body stopping at his ears and tail and his eyes widened having finally bumped into another spirit.

kira was looking around so much, that when he ran into the other person, he really didnt notice far too much. until of course it actually happened., he stumbled backwards and just barely caught his footing before he could fall. he looked up to see a obviously taller male dust himself off, and then fix kiras' slightly messy atire. out of embarrassment of running into an older spirit, a light blush dusted his face and he fidgeted uncomfortably. "ah...i-im okay. how about you?" he asked out of common courtesy, even though it was abit obvious the the other was better off then himself.

Natsume smiled seeing he was older than the other spirit by like a century. "Yea, I'm fine. Just a bump is all nothing bad." he chuckled softly. What a sight this would be two spirits chatting it up in the middle of a festival both not really supposed to be here. He smiled lightly, "My name is Natsume." He said holding out his hand for the younger male to take. "I'm of the East shrine...you are?" He asked the others name in a polite way the best he could. The younger male was good looking...he had fair skin that was pale. His ears and tale a dark shade of black as they moved with the sounds around them. They were matching in a way, black and white oppisites that attract. He looked around looking for a place to talk quieter than here as he waited for the others answer.

Kira mulled his options over abit, diverting his gaze from natsume. it was slightly awkward for him to be talking like this, in the middle of a festival, that he wasnt supposed to be at,in a crowd of people, with a spirit older than he by nearly a century. kiras' ears lowered in submission as he slowly took natsumes outstretched hand. "im...kirano, of the west shrine...its an honor to be in your presence natsume..." he said softly with a blush.

"Kirano..." Natsume smiled lightly and pulled the other males hand making him fall into Natsume as a blind older woman walked right in in the place Kirano had been standing. He sighed lightly watching her pass freely a path opening up for her. "Then...Kirano? How about we get out of here? We arent supossed to be here anyway." He said pulling on the others hand pulling him through the crowd with him till they got to the end of the people and lights. His ears flicked as the night went around them and the sounds of the celibration was only faint to him. His tail flicked slightly as he let the others hand go. "Better right?" he asked him gently. "And...you dont have to be formal to me." He waved off the pleasure to be in presence thing. "I'm nothing special." He chuckled lightly leaning against a nearby tree.

- - - Updated - - -

"Kirano..." Natsume smiled lightly and pulled the other males hand making him fall into Natsume as a blind older woman walked right in in the place Kirano had been standing. He sighed lightly watching her pass freely a path opening up for her. "Then...Kirano? How about we get out of here? We arent supossed to be here anyway." He said pulling on the others hand pulling him through the crowd with him till they got to the end of the people and lights. His ears flicked as the night went around them and the sounds of the celibration was only faint to him. His tail flicked slightly as he let the others hand go. "Better right?" he asked him gently. "And...you dont have to be formal to me." He waved off the pleasure to be in presence thing. "I'm nothing special." He chuckled lightly leaning against a nearby tree.

stumbling into natsume, kira was at first, startled by the notion, but once he noticed the woman pass by, he sighed out in relief and relaxed as he was soon after pulled away from the festival. he pouted and had let out a small whine because he had wanted to explore some more, but the onler of the two was right, he wasnt suposed to be there. in fact, he wasnt supposed to be here either. being so far from his shrine worried him greatly. he faintly heard the other say to dismiss the formality, in which he returned his focus to the person in front of him. "ah, but youre older. respect to ones elders is necessary" he replied softly

Natsume chuckled again and leaned his head back looking up into the tree wanting to climb up it. "No need to respect me...the fox is nothing...compared to the dog itself." He said looking back down at Kira. "I'm not amazing...I'm decietful. I trick people." He said telling him the stereotype of his kind. "Dont waste your breath on it. Just speack to me normally." He said knowing he was acctually oldest of all the spirits. His shrine being there the longest. He knew that most people passed by his shrine though. It was slighlty run down but it had a beauty all to its own. Its an old air to it while all the others still felt slighlty new. He looked over the other male again in a new light. The moon showed over his ears and it made them look like they had a white tint to the tips of them.

kira looked down into the side because of the continuous permission to speak as he would to any other. it was rather awkward to be able o do that to someone older then himself. "if you say so...natsume.." as the other commented on what his kind was like, kira looked up and tilted his head to the right gently, getting a curious face. "what do you mean? you seem like a nice person. so i dont see why you would call yourself deceitful." he said smiling softly. "im sure youre a nice man~!"

Natsume smiled lightly at Kira, "I didnt say i was...though it is in my blood." He said shrugging. "I know we arent a good group to roll around with." he sighed. "The Neko..and sometimes the Serpent make fun of us even though i am older than them. So...it is just weird that you are being nice to acctually respect me." He said ruffling the others hair affectionatly already. He seemed to already like the younger male just for the fact he was nice enough to acctually respect him when no one else did. He pulled his hand back his ears twitching lighlty as the wind passed by them. They are bigger than other animals and they catch more wind, water, and heat than any others.

kira smoothed his hair down again annd shivered slightly as the wind blew. he was small, but since he was, the chilly air took a toll on him. his cheeks inflamed slightly from the cold, making them turn a redish-pink color.

Natsume smelled the air noticing he had moved them in the direction of his own shrine. He nodded his head in the direction, "You wanna go in? I'm meaning my shrine of course." He smiled softly at the chilled inu. "I promise i wont bite much." He chuckled softly taking off his top robe and slipping it over Kira's shoulders. "you are wearing light clothes on such a cold night." He said walking in the direction of home not really careing if the younger spirit followed or not. He slipped his hands into his shirt and smiled humming to himself as he walked.

kira followed after natsume, mostly just to get out of the cold. "i always wear light clothing, its more comfortable for where im at normally" he said in response. it was true, where his shrine was, there was a feeling of warmth most of the time, so he never noticed how cold it was outside of his shrine. once there in the shrine, he picked one of the warmer corners and sat down. he didnt mean any offence, it was just warmer there.

Natsume smiled and he went to his room picking out jeans and a shirt. When off hours he didnt like wearing the traditional robes in which they have to wear in ceramonies. He came back his shirt in his hand and his chest bare, "You want anything to drink? Why dont you come back to the living quarters. Its more homey in there." He said motioning the other to follow and he turned the heat up as they walked past the thermomitor. "Is that better?" he asked looking at the couch, small kitchen, tv, and a hall leading to a room.

kira gave a small nod and scurried after the older of the two. he ha to admit, for an old spirit, natsume was really nice to him. this made him slightly embarassed and his cheeks darkened slightly as he hopped onto the small couch and curled his tail around his ankles to keep his feet warm. he let a small smile fall onto his face before replying to the question of a drink. "ah! sure...erm...milk with honey or tea would be just fine..." he said graciously.

Natsume smiled lightly and he slipped his shirt on over his head. His muscles on his chest expanding, "Tea is all i have...hope that will do." He said softly before getting them both some tea. He came back handing one to Kai and smiled falling down onto the couch next to the other male his ears twitching. "So..have you met the new spirit? In the north shrine?" he asked taking a sip of the tea feeling the hot liquid travel down his throut. "You know. The mouse?" He asked looking at him again setting down the cup on the coffee table infront of them.

Natsume smiled lightly and he slipped his shirt on over his head. His muscles on his chest expanding, "Tea is all i have...hope that will do." He said softly before getting them both some tea. He came back handing one to Kai and smiled falling down onto the couch next to the other male his ears twitching. "So..have you met the new spirit? In the north shrine?" he asked taking a sip of the tea feeling the hot liquid travel down his throut. "You know. The mouse?" He asked looking at him again setting down the cup on the coffee table infront of them.

kira quietly drank the tea and listened to natsume speak. he warmed up quickly, and eventually was able to shrug off natsumes clothing he was givin earlier. hearing about the mouse, he shook his head and looked up with a small frown. "no, i havent. i hardly ever leave my shrine area. i dont feel safe outside my barriers. " he explained in his delicate tone an sat down the cup. "whats he like?"

Natsume smiled softly seeing the other get comfortable. "He is shy, he didnt talk to me much. Just said hi in a really cute way." Natsume smiled fully and chuckled softly. Most of all the spirits knew he loved men. He wasnt closed about it but he didnt flaunt it either. "He is small, And he was really clumsy. When was walking back to the steps he tripped and almost fell. He is small and built tiny. His voice is light like a mouse. Nice and silent." He chuckled again finishing his tea. "He seemed sweet though. Like a cool guy to talk to."