Fated (PURE-MADNESS)

tuti

Hakuen did not commented on how the man had suddenly spaced out in the middle of their conversation, and concentrated on the question at hand. He was positive he could not handle himself on a fight, he had many self-proclaimed talents but no physical abilities were included between them. His physical appearance was as weak as it could get, he had a few muscles due to his work at the farm, but for the most part he was slim and not quiet built. His body was still a bit undeveloped although he was pretty tall, and there was no sign of him having worked out before. He had a flat stomach, but that was just his constitution, and his slim strong legs were due to his long hours of walking when they lacked a horse to go for long distances. In other words, Hakuen had zero fighting experience, and he had never needed it till now.

The teen looked at Yu a bit embarrassed and mumbled a soft "No experience" avoiding the man's eyes. He felt pretty useless at the moment. Yu had gone out of his way to protect him and come along, and he was being a true burden to the man, not only was he relying on the man's money but also on his fighting skills. The silver-haired sighed on defeat and mumbled a soft "sorry" ashamed of himself.

His eyes widen as an idea occurred to him. "Teach me..." Hakuen mumbled and all of a sudden his face was very close to Yu's, and his soft hands gripping the man's wide shoulders firmly. "Yu.." He said the man's name in a serious and desperate tone. "You must teach me how to use a sword," it was more of a demand than a question, and he had no intention of letting the man deny his proposition. "You must...I do not wish to be useless and weak. You cannot be protecting me all the time. You won't be able to protect me once we are inside those dangerous mountains. I need to learn how to protect myself for both our sakes. So please teach me.." Hakuen tried to reasoned out with him and got on his knees and bowed in a very polite and formal manner as he waited for the man reply.

His heart was pounding hard and his cheeks burned slightly, his breath touching the wooden floor under him impatiently as he waited for the man to speak. He dared not look at him, although his curiosity was overwhelming. He was sure Yu was surprise at his sudden outburst, but he couldn't see the man's expression at the moment. Seconds seemed like an eternity.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• PURE-MADNESS

For a split of a second an expression of pure surprise graced Yu's usually expressionless face. Unfortunately, the younger man was in no position to witness Yu's lost for words. He knew the kid was mostly driven by his emotions but he hadn't expected the sudden outburst nor the closeness of their body. That tiny moment when their faces were only inches apart was short, but Yu could feel the heat coming from the other man's skin towards his and it made his body feel funny. Thankfully, he was able to school his reaction on time before he could make a fool of himself.

"You don't have to bow, please stand." He said his voice smooth as his lips formed a small smile. Hakuen was so eager to learn how to defend himself and be independent that it was adorable. How could Yu turn down a man who was so passionate to learn the way of sword?

"I'll teach you." He said before letting his smile fall. "But it's not going to be easy." He added more seriously. As second in command of the royal army, he was in charge of the training program of the warriors that graduated from foot soldiers to a higher rank. He'd teach them how to fight using their swords while Aoi, who was of a higher rank than him, would supervise the process. Thus he knew how difficult it was to learn how to fight for some men, he suspected it to be extra difficult for Hakuen. "But first we need to get you a sword, we'll do that first thing in the morning."

---

The following morning, both men woke up early and after taking a shower and eating their breakfast (which was surprisingly good, just as their dinner was) they left in search for the nearest blacksmith. Yu had asked the inn owner where he could find the local blacksmith and he was relieved to hear that he wasn't that far from the inn. In fact, they could leave their horses behind to rest some more.

They made their way through the almost empty streets and establishments until they reached a small house with a broken sign that read "blacksmith". Under it was a list of all kind of thing the man could repair. Yu raised an eyebrow as he noticed that swords were not listed. It wasn't surprise, though, since it was illegal after all. Yu only hoped he could persuade the man to make one for Hakuen.

Without saying anything both men walked in the gloomy place, thankfully it was a bright day and the sun helped lighting the room. There were farming tools and the like practically everywhere. A very old man with white hair and gray beard welcomed them. "Gentlemen, what can I do for you?"

Yu took a step forward and replied. "We are travelers heading to the south. Do you have a sword fitting for my companion?" Yu asked straight to the point making the man in front of him frown a bit. The blacksmith eyed Hakuen before glaring at Yu. "Young man, you know very well that swords are forbidden."

"I'm fully aware of the law, yet I'm also aware that you can make swords and other weapons and nobody else would know. Or are you telling me you spend your days making ONLY these tools?" Yu said signaling to said tools. The old man kept looking at you before his eyes fell on Yu's concealed sword by his back. "You are no ordinary man, you yourself are carrying a sword. Can I have a look at it?" Yu saw no harm and showing the man his sword.

The old man gasped loudly as he held Yu's father's sword in his hands. The sword's hilt was heavy and black with the form of a dragon snaking around it, it's eyes were two ruby stones. The scabbard was simple yet beautiful, black with some golden lines on it's borders. The blacksmith then carefully removed the scabbard and gasped again at the sight of the blade. It was the finest work the man had ever seen in his life. "It has a very strong grip." He said as he handed back the sword to Yu. He didn't have to ask who Yu was, he knew right there that he was a very important man. He glanced back at Hakuen and nodded. "I think I have the right sword for you young man." He said before turning around and disappeared in the back room.

Yu concealed his sword once again before the blacksmith returned carrying a much smaller sword than Yu's. The hilt had the form of a cross with silver and red on the grip, the scabbard was dark brown with gold just like Yu's. The blade was lighter but still very sharp. "This one will be perfect for you." The man said to Hakuen handing him the weapon, waiting for the younger man to take it.

Hakuen had stood quietly watching the whole interaction between the two men with curious eyes. He couldn't help himself but to gaped at the magnificent sword that Yu had been carrying with him. He had no knowledge of weapons, but even someone as ignorant as him could tell what a wonderful sword it was. His eyes trailed the sharpness of it, and he bet many heads had been cut with it. The sword only managed to glorified the image of Yu as a courageous and dangerous general in Hakuen's mind. The information the old man provided only reassured the silver haired teenager of the sword's value. There was no doubt in his mind of how important a man Yu was.

He was brought out of his deep thoughts when the man presented him with a sword of his own. The small dagger fitted him well, and its beautiful shape and design fitted his taste perfectly. He eyed it closer, his purple colored eyes tracing the small silver cross shaped hilt and the golden designs on the scabbard with wondered and enthusiasm. He turned to Yu and nodded in approval, then left him to pay the old blacksmith, his full attention back of the small weapon on his hands.

"Use this to wrap it, I dont want soldiers coming here and shutting down my shop," The blacksmith told Hakuen, and the young boy nodded in understanding taking the old brown cloth from the old man. He wrapped the piece of cloth around the sword and securely held the sword close to his chest as they exited the shop. Hakuen glanced around the empty streets for a moment, expecting to find curious eyes directed at them but found none, he then turned on his heel and headed back to the inn.

It took them a good 10 minutes to reach the old inn. As expected the almost broken window was once again open inviting any strangers to make their way inside. As Hakuen approached the unwelcoming place, his eyes caught the movement of people inside the inn through the half broken window. He stood outside watching curiously though the hole in the glass. He wondered if the owner had anyone else staying in the place, and he realized they had never bothered to ask. His eyes widen in disbelief as he saw one of the men grabbed the owner's shirt and pulled him toward him roughly. The men looked as shady as the ones he had seen as they had first entered the almost abandoned town. The man seemed to be shouting something at the blonde, and the owner seemed to be quiet frightened by his ruthlessness to say the least.

Hakuen stared at Yu over his shoulder and then pointed to the window without saying a word. He didn't wanted to alert the men of their presence in case they were bandits of some sort and they sure looked like ones to him. The silver-haired slowly approached the opened door and peeked inside. He then heard what the man was saying.

"We came by last week, and I told you to have that money ready for me, it seems to me you really want to lose that head of yours, right boys" The violent man and his grip tighten around the owner's shirt.

"Wait wait! I have the money! It's in the drawer!" The blonde shouted, his face pale and sweat running down the side of his face, he was honestly scared of the group.

"Boys, go get it," the man ordered his companions, they chuckled and quickly looked through the drawers messily. The man laughed at the blond's expression of fear and hopelessness.

Hakuen couldn't stand there watching as the men did as they pleased. He disliked the blonde, but his conscious wouldn't let him abandon the man and stand by as these bastard got their way. He gripped the sword he was holding and gritted his teeth. He had to do something before they got away! "Bastard..." He mumbled and charged recklessly at the man holding the blonde. The man dodged him in time, his face one of surprise at the sudden appearance of the teenager. He hadn't expected anyone else to be in the inn. He then remembered a few men commenting in the streets about a pair of foreigners that had came into town, but he had thought it t be just a rumor. He smirked at the sight of Hakuen and wondered where the other man was.

Hakuen charged again at the man, but this time the man caught his thin wrist and forced the sword from his hand. The metal fell on the floor and Hakuen's eyes widen in hopelessness and anger. The man chuckled and gripped Hakuen's chin making his head title up. Their eyes made contact, two of amusement staring down at his own.

"Bastard let go" Hakuen insisted but the man only gripped his wrist tighter. "Itai! let go!" The teenager kicked earnestly, but the man dodged easily.

"Now now little boy calm down unless you want me to cut that tongue of yours," the man threatened.

Yu groaned inwardly as he watched, helplessly, as Hakuen rushed into the inn in the inn owner's rescue. Will Hakuen ever learn to control his emotions? He admired the boy's braveness, but he had to know his limits or he might end up seriously injured or even worse; dead. Yu quickly wondered if he was doomed to be dragged to these kind of situations if he stayed around Hakuen for too long. Not that he minded the boy's company. But he'd never met a man who'd run into trouble for the sake of other's blindly.

Moving from his hidden place, Yu made his way to Hakuen's rescue grabbing the gang leader's wrist tightly. The man was caught by surprise making him release Hakuen's abused hand. The man's shock was short as he shook his hand free from Yu's strong grip. "Who the fuck are you?!" He yelled glaring at Yu. But then he smiled and stepped back looking at them. "So I we have some heroes here, huh?" He said to his comrades who nodded and chuckled in agreement. "Shall we teach these brave men a lesson? Not to mess with us?" He asked and received a chorus of yeah's. Yu narrowed his eyes as he watched the approaching bandits, they were clearly outnumbered. He could defeat them all with his sword...but none of them had swords and his father had thought him never to draw his sword in battle if his opponent hadn't done so first. He looked at Hakuen standing close to him with the corner of his eye. This was going to be difficult....

---

"I guess this concludes this boring meeting." The king said to the seven vassals sitting with him on a huge round table. These men were the king's advisers and they were in charge to inform the king about the kingdoms issues. Such as economy, violence, etc. "Your majesty, if I may be as bold as to ask, why isn't the Kirin present at this meeting?" The old vassal sitting at the kings left asked pointing at the empty seat by the king's right. The Kirin was no vassal but he was to always be present at these kind of meetings, unfortunately it's been more than a month since they've last seen Gin.

The frown that appeared on the king's face, would have made any man tremble with fear. "This does not concern you." The vassal, apparently not satisfied with the king's answer, pressed on. "But, my lord, the people are starting to question the Kirin's state. He hasn't been seen around and truth to be told...many say that these times of bad harvest are a punishment from the Heavens. Keeping the Kirin away from the public eye wouldn't suggest these rumors to be true?" The others vassals 's eyes widened at their colleague's boldness and even more at the king's face which had turned red with anger.

"Aoi, hand me your sword." The king commanded his first in command who was standing next to him. Aoi hesitated for a second but he wasn't going to question the king's request and bowed as he handed the king his sword. The king took it and stood up and without uttering a single word, he swung the blade effortlessly against the bold vassal's neck, decapitating the man instantly. The rest of the vassals, Aoi included, gasped at the monstrosity they had witnessed. "Now, anyone wants to share their ideas too?" The king asked cleaning the sword with the headless man clothes and handing it back to a speechless Aoi. "Good, meeting dismissed."

Aoi followed the king to his chamber and unable to hold it in any longer he decided to speak. "Your highness, I've pledge my life to you. To serve you and protect you. But your actions are not contradicting the rumors." He said to the king, unable to erase the image of the headless vassal from his mind. The king turned around anger directed at his most trusted servant. "Aoi, I'll say this ones, and only this ones. You question me one more time and I'll have your head. Are we clear?" And with that the man went into his chamber leaving a shocked Aoi behind.

---

Inside his chamber, the king walked towards his bed where a very thin and pale Gin was. "Only my luck to have a sick Kirin." He said making Gin open his tired eyes. His eyes shined but not with the life they once had but because of unshed tears. He felt sick and spiritually broken. He feared this day would come, and now the Heavens have punished him with this sickness and he'll soon die. It was only a matter of time. "Not even this would change your heart?" He asked, still unable to understand how his king could be so heartless even towards him. "Well, is not like it would make a difference. Once I die you'll no longer be immortal nor worthy of the crown." Gin said weakly and between coughs.

The king raised an eyebrow. "You seem to forget that I killed the new king years ago. It'll take forever for a new Kirin to be born. Everything is on my side." For the first time in years, Gin smiled. A smile graced his dried lips even though it didn't reach his eyes, he probably didn't had the strength for it. "The kingdom doesn't has to wait for a new king, he's still alive and so is his Kirin." The king's eyes widened - shocked at the news! "Why didn't you inform me of this?!" He demanded.

It seemed that Gin's smile grew a little bit more. "Because you never asked." The king started to demand his rivals whereabouts, but his questions were never answered. 'Because you never asked.' were Gin's last words before his body began to glow and shape into his original form before his soul left the material world.

---

"Oh!" One of the bandits fell bottom first to the ground as Yu's fist connected with his face. Several more were on the ground complaining but other's were already back on their feet, ready for more. Just when Yu was wondering if he should tell Hakuen to get outside his eyes widened at what happened next.

Both their guards were down and busy with the approaching menace Yu didn't notice one huge bandit approaching Hakuen from behind before capturing him. The man pulled a blade and held it close to the boy's neck pressing the cold metal against soft skin. Yu almost growled and furiously marched towards Hakuen, but he was attacked from behind. Three against one and a fourth one managed to stab Yu in his upper left arm with a small dagger. Yu groaned as he pulled the dagger out punching his assailants, he only hoped he'd make it on time to rescue Hakuen...

The king (I couldn't find a pic that would resemble the image in my head so...)

cresentlove95ef9.jpg

Gin/ true form

keiki%20smile.jpg

Keiki_Imprisoned.png

Aoi

Hijikata.Toushirou.full.1005923.jpg

(Sorry for the long ass post)

Hakuen gasped as the man's sharp sword pressed against the soft skin of his neck, causing a slight cut to emerged. He clenched his teeth, anger directed at himself for being so weak running through his body. He looked at Yu bravely, as if encouraging him to take down the others together with himself. He didn't attempted to run away or fight back, he knew his limits and he knew a weakling such as himself didn't stand a chance against a professional bandit. Instead, he remained as calm as the situation allowed him, and kept on staring at his skillful partner as he fought his way to him.

_____

Up in the second floor, Roy slept soundly, till the sounds of broken tables and unknown objects hitting the ground and walls reached his ears. At first, he ignored the annoyance and insisted on keeping his eyes closed, but the noise grew persistent, and soon he was on his feet and walking angrily towards the door. He clenched his teeth in a terrible mood, and kicked the door opened in a rough manner. He passed right through the hole he had made, and stared at the commotion going on downstairs.

Roy stood at the top of the stairs, his eyes settling on the men fighting. He caught sight of Yu from the corner of his eyes, and couldn't help but admired the man's skills despite his fury. He spotted the little silver-haired boy at one corner, and in a moment concluded what was going on. His eyes landed on the scared rat of the owner, who was hiding under the desk.

The pathetic fool....Roy thought and headed downstairs.

He reached the bottom steps, when all of a sudden a body was thrown his way. He fell on his butt and groaned in fustration, then picked up the knocked out man and threw it back the way it has came with one hand. He made a fist and smashed the wall with it drawing everyone attention to him.

"You bastards! Where do you think you are! Don't you know there are people sleeping upstairs!?" Roy shouted at them, his bangs covering his dark face. "If you wanna die that badly.....then I'll help you," he whispered softly, and grabbed one of the bandits by the shirt, then threw him flying out the window with inhuman strength. He stared at Yu, and at the rest, his eyes showing a wild look in them that almost edged to insanity. He smirked widely and licked his dry lips in anticipation. He did not cared who had started what, they were all going to pay for his lack of sleep.

Hakuen stared at the newcomer with wide eyes. He didn't knew what surprised him the most, the fact that there was another person staying in the broken down inn, or how he had managed to throw a very heavy looking man flying out the window like he was a small fly.

"Yu! Careful!" Hakuen cried out and tried to get away from the bandit, but the man pressed his sword against his neck even more.

"Move and I'll slice his head off!" The bandit shouted clearly scared by the appearance of the rough looking man in front of them.

Yu paused on his attack for a moment as the newcomer grabbed his attention. He really didn't know whether the man was on their side or not. Actually, he looked like the leader of a group ruffians. His posture was, in fact, more demanding that these bandits's leader. Moreover, the man was extremely strong. Yu could tell from the way the man effortlessly threw the other guy away several feet away. But in the end it didn't matter whether he was on their side or not, he was going to get Hakuen out of this even if he had to fight the whole damn village.

The gang leader gritted his teeth as he saw Roy, hating the man for his smugness. They were first fighting only one man and now they’d have to deal with another one? He'll make sure his boys teach these losers a lesson. No one messed with his gang and made it out alive and these cockroaches were not going to be the exception. "What the fuck are you pussies standing doing nothing?" He yelled at his underlings. "Get them!" A second later said men pushed forward, a group attacking Yu the other focusing on Roy.

That was Yu's cue and he faced the enemy head on, his goal getting Hakuen out of here without a single scratch. He forgot about the newcomer and focused on fighting the men standing in his way towards Hakuen. Even though they were slowing him, he was having the upper hand. This of course infuriated the gang leader even more and he encouraged his men to finish it all. That was when Yu's heart, for the first time in his life, skipped a beat. Still fighting against three bandits he saw how the man holding Hakuen captive tightened his grip on the smaller man. The small dagger pressed harder against Hakuen's neck causing more blood to slide down his fare skin.

No. That was all Yu could think of. He couldn't let this happen to Hakuen. With an angry growl he punched and kicked the barricade of men, he reach behind his back reaching for his sword. He had promised his father never to use a sword if his opponent hadn't drawn his; it was a matter of honor. But for Hakuen - he was willing to break that promise.

• 3 weeks later...

Restrained tears filled Hakuen's eyes, the sharp dagger pointed to him cutting deeper and deeper. He felt fear, although he tried not to, his body trembled at the thought of dying at the hands of that man. His bottom lip trembled, but even then, his eyes never stopped glaring at the ruffian. He clenched his teeth and resigned to his fate, but then, from the corner of his eye he caught glimpse of a moving figure. Yu was heading toward him, his sword out, and his face full of determination. Hakuen couldn't help but feel hope at the sight of the man.

Roy sighed at the sight of a group of ruffians coming at him. He stretched a bit and mumbled a soft "what a bother" under his breath, while preparing for the attacks. His eyes became sharp, and his lips became a blood thirsty smirk. The men stopped for a minute under his eyes, they took a step back, till one of them shouted to attack. Soon they learned they had chosen wrong. The next few minutes went by fast, full of pain filled moans, and broken bones. The bar had been left in pieces, and the ruffians were unconscious surrounding a laughing Roy. He grabbed the only still conscious ruffian by the hair and pulled roughly.

"I dont want to see your faces ever again, understood?" He whispered low in his ear, and the man nodded furiously. Roy smirked and knocked him out. His eyes then drifted to the valiant swordsman in front of him. He stared at the stranger, and then at the boy and chuckled. He did nothing to help them out, for he wanted to test Yu's skills. His critical eye told him he had found a worthy opponent.

The leader of the ruffians was impressed by the two warriors. His eyes widen at how fast his men had gone down. He clenched his teeth and looked at both sides with hopes of escaping. His men could no longer protect him, and these two strangers were monsters! He needed a plan soon. he stared at Hakuen and smirked.

"If you come any closer, I'll cut his throat open," He threatened Yu, his hand trembling slightly as he watched the man coming closer. Hakuen moaned in pain, tears finally running down his cheeks.

"Yu! I am scared! Yu!" He shouted and the man pulled his hair back roughly.

"Shut up, stupid brat!" He shouted and Hakuen glared at him.