Japanese Game Installation Guide

Key

I. Installing East Asian Language Pack for Windows 7

The Language Packs are only supported in Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise. They will be listed in the Windows Update screen. If you do not have Windows 7 Ultimate you can't use the Language packs.

You may follow this procedure to download and install a Windows 7 language pack:

1. Start Microsoft Update. To do this, click
Start
, type
Microsoft Update
in the Start Search box, and then click
Microsoft Update
in the Programs list.

2. Click the
optional update links for the language packs

3. Under the
Windows 7 Language Packs
category, select the desired language pack.

4. Click
OK
, and then click
Install updates
to start the download and installation process.

For Windows XP

1. Insert the
Windows CD

2. Go to
Control Panel
and double click on
Regional/Language Settings

3. Go to the Languages tab and check "
Install files for East Asian languages
".

4. Go to the Advanced tab and under "
Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use:
" pick
Japanese
from the drop-down menu. Then hit
Apply
, then
OK
, then
restart
your computer and you are done.

II. Extracting the Game With WinRar

1. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the game and double click on it. If the game has 2 or more parts, double click on the first part.

2. Select the file(s), and click on Extract to and select a location, say disk D:, or Desktop

extract_files_1.jpg

05_winrar_extraction_paths_options_general.png

3. A popup should show up. Select "Process All files in all volumes from the current"

05_winrar_extraction_paths_options_general.png

III. Mounting With Daemon Tools

[video=youtube;_KNVzb-1d3A]
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

For older versions of Daemon:

1. Open Daemon Tools, go to "Virtual Devices" and then to "Add SCSI Virtual Drive". Daemon will add a new disk.

2. Now click again on "Virtual Devices" and you should see a new device there. In my case "Device 0: [F:] No Media". Click on this drive and from the new menu click on "Mount Image..."

3. A new window will show up and you must search for the extracted game and select it. In my case, on disk D:, Daylight-朝に光の冠を-.ISO. Depending on the game, you might have a .cue, .mds, .img, .cdi file. Once you have located it, select it, hit Open and an AutoPlay window will pop up. In this window, click on "Run Startup.exe" and it will open the game setup.

• Like 18

Key, what version of Daemon Tools do you use? :)

I usually keep updated all the software I use. I'm currently using Daemon Tools v. 4.35.6.91 and I'm pretty happy with it. I really haven't experienced any problems with it so far. we'll see for how long ;D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

hey thx for the guide =)

but i had troubles from the start , see i did the first & second step but it didnt show as in the third one , there were more and different options not like that window , & i didnt find any window like that in any of them so i was wondering if you could help me with that & thnx again for all your efforts ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey so does this change the game from japanese to english or just enable your computer to show the characters? cuz i need to find a way to translate the game-.- i cant read. and where did u get the daemon and other softwares you use? oh and i have windows 7. is it diff for wind 7?

hey so does this change the game from japanese to english or just enable your computer to show the characters? cuz i need to find a way to translate the game-.- i cant read. and where did u get the daemon and other softwares you use? oh and i have windows 7. is it diff for wind 7?

To enable the Japanese characters of your game go to

Control Panel>Clock Language and Region>Administrative>Change system Locale,

you have to reboot your computer though, and to translate the game you should download: AGTH and Atlas v14. ;D

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just to share something useful, in my version of Daemon Tools, if you push "SCSI Virtual Drive", a box will come up saying a system reboot is required, but if you choose "DT Virtual Drive" instead, it won't say that and then you can continue the rest of the steps. Just thought I'd share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i never mounted a yaoi game (i get my "normal" games complete with box etc almost for free from flea markets and exchange forums..) - and i don't need to mount anything generally.. does anyone know if DAEMON Tools Lite 4 (4.48), the FREE VERSION, not trial nor bought, works as well with no restrictions?

i never mounted a yaoi game (i get my "normal" games complete with box etc almost for free from flea markets and exchange forums..) - and i don't need to mount anything generally.. does anyone know if DAEMON Tools Lite 4 (4.48), the FREE VERSION, not trial nor bought, works as well with no restrictions?

I use the free version of Daemon Tools and I personally have not had any issues as far as mounting is concerned

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...