Japanese Games Installation Guide

Key

I. Installation of East Asian Language Pack for Windows XP

1. Insert the Windows CD.

2. Go to Control Panel and double click on Regional/Language Settings.

14852355.jpg

3. Go to the Languages tab and check "Install files for East Asian languages".

14052756.jpg

4. Go to the Advanced tab and under "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use:" pick Japanese from the drop-down menu. Then hit Apply, then OK, then restart your computer and you are done :)

78910460.jpg

II. Extracting the Game With WinRar

1. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the game and double click on it. If the game has 2 or more parts, like in my case, double click on the first part.

capture1duj.jpg

2. Select the file(s), in my case Daylight-朝に光の冠を-.ISO and click on Extract to and select a location, say disk D:

capture2mak.jpg

3. A popup should show up. Select "Process All files in all volumes from the current"

capture3dv.jpg

III. Mounting With Daemon Tools

1. Open Daemon Tools, go to "Virtual Devices" and then to "Add SCSI Virtual Drive". Daemon will add a new disk.

capture4tp.jpg

2. Now click again on "Virtual Devices" and you should see a new device there. In my case "Device 0: [F:] No Media". Click on this drive and from the new menu click on "Mount Image..."

capture5l.jpg

3. A new window will show up and you must search for the extracted game and select it. In my case, on disk D:, Daylight-朝に光の冠を-.ISO. Depending on the game, you might have a .cue, .mds, .img, .cdi file. Once you have located it, select it, hit Open and an AutoPlay window will pop up. In this window, click on "Run Startup.exe" and it will open the game setup.

capture6rc.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi!Thanks for explaining how to install these games.Um im a total noob so i have a few questions if it's ok with you

1.Do you have to buy a separate language pack cd?Can you download it,etc.

2.Are all three tools necessary (i.e winrar and daemon together)

3.do you have to buy the actual japanese game before?

You're welcome! :) So, here are the answers to your questions:

1. No, you don't have to buy a separate language pack Cd, the language pack is already on your Windows CD. So, just insert the CD from which you install your Windows.

2. Yeah, usually they are... WinRar is a must have, as almost all games are in .rar format. Daemon Tools is almost always needed as well...

3. No, you do not have to. It's ok if you just download them, it will work. But, of course, we encourage people to buy the original game as well, to help the companies that produce them :)

Hope it helps... if you have some other questions, feel free to post them here... :)

Hello,Thank you so much for answering my questions.Um one more question if you dont mind.I seem to have misplaced my cd somewhere.Is it possible to just buy a new one?Or even download it from online?

thank you so much.Youre a really big help!!Sorry,i know i said i only wanted to ask one more question but um could you possibly tell me where i can download the language pack?

You don't know anybody who would lend you a Windows CD? Cause the language pack is on the CD. If you can't manage to install the language pack, you can still play some of the games, but you won't see Japanese characters, but some signs, like question marks, dots instead.

• 5 months later...

Hi, thanks for explaining how to install the games :)

But, i have a problem. When i change the language for the non-Unicode programs (4. Go to the Advanced tab and under "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use:" pick Japanese from the drop-down menu. Then hit Apply, then OK, then restart your computer and you are done ), after the restart of my computer, i can't use Firefox anymore :s

Do you have the same problem (if you use Firefox)? And how can i fix that?

That's very odd, since Firefox doesn't have anything to do with the non-unicode programs settings... I am using Firefox as well and I don't have any problem using it. Anyway, try uninstalling Firefox and install it again, since it might have some errors

Yeah, i know that Firefox doesn't have anything to do with non-unicode, that's why i don't understand x)

But i'll try to reinstall it then, thx.

Omg, i just can't download it anymore~ x)

I think that i'll just have to change the language every time i want to play games x(

I start the download, and after a few time, it writes "Impossible de télécharger Firefox. Impossible d'ouvrir ce site internet. Le site requis n'est pas disponible ou n'a pas pu être trouvé. Réessayez ultérieurement." so, hum, "It's impossible to download Firefox. Impossible to open this website. The required website is not available or could not be found(?). Try again later."

T_T