My Husband's Lover - Filipino Drama Series

Shin.

My Husband's Lover

is a Filipino drama television series created and developed by Suzette Doctolero and produced by GMA Network. It premiered on June 10, 2013 replacing Love & Lies on the network's coveted Primetime block, and June 11, 2013 worldwide via GMA Pinoy TV. The series stars Carla Abellana, Tom Rodriguez and Dennis Trillo as the main characters. Carolyn Galve serves as the executive producer of show and Dominic Zapata directed the series.

It is credited as the very first gay-themed series in Philippine television due to the series' central subject of homosexual relationships and infidelity. The show has multiple continuing story lines that tackle sensitive yet relevant social issues like homosexual and bisexual relationships, homophobia and the society's discrimination against homosexuals, infidelity, pre-marital sex and the consequences of early or unplanned marriages. It also tackles the importance of family, friendship, integrity and love. The forty-five minute scripted drama chronicles the life of a woman, who belatedly discovers that her husband has been carrying on an affair, but not with another woman.

Synopsis

Vincent got his girlfriend Lally pregnant while they were still in college. So they decided to get married even if the two of them were not ready for the responsibility and Vincent's mother, Elaine, was very much against it. Thus Lally's married life was never smooth-sailing because of Elaine. But for the love of her husband, Lally endures the hardships in dealing with her mother-in-law. However, when Lally got pregnant with their second child, Vincent suddenly became distant and cold towards her. Lally felt that Vincent was being unfair to her so she decided to leave with their children. Vincent loves his kids so much, so he tried to win back his wife by proposing and this time getting married again with the church's blessing.

Unknown to Lally, Vincent is keeping a secret from her; it is also a secret he has kept from everyone else since he was young. Vincent is a closeted homosexual man who never came out for fear that it'll destroy his family. However, everything changed when he once again crosses paths with Eric - his greatest love. Unlike Vincent, Eric is openly gay. But, just like Vincent, he is still in love with him.

Eventually, the two men start an affair and Vincent tries to hide the affair from Lally by showering her with gifts and attention. However, Lally's intuition tells her that something is wrong in her seemingly perfect marriage. That's when she starts to investigate and she eventually learns of Vincent's darkest secret.

Source:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Here are some pictures of the gay couple in the show.

meet_the_cast_of__my_husband_s_lover__meet_the_cas  t_of__my_husband_s_lover__1371121881.jpg

03.jpg

tomden_10.jpg

9180010113_6fe08ee75c_c.jpg

LOS95IMG03.jpg?quality=0.7

My Husband's Lover: Best Eric-Vincent Moments

Why did I post it here?

I just want to share my obsession with you guys. I love this show a lot and the plot is awesome.

Are they real couple in real life?

Nope, but I hope so.

Are they gay?

No, unfortunately. They are straight but their acting is so spectacular and convincing.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juugatsuni

• Yakun

• Ero Gaki

• chelx09

WAAHH!! My Husband's Lover~ :leaf15: I love this show a lot too!!! :leaf3: I just hope they would be back together... hahahaha.. And if only Lally and Vincent don't have children, it would have been easier for Vincent and Eric.. :leaf9:

They have uploaded this with subtitles on youtube. Look for mhlteam2013 account - they're subbing the show. It's funny seeing people so invested in these characters as if they were real people. I've only see the 1st ep so far.

This is the very first gay-themed TV series in the Philippines, right?

Lally is very beautiful, no doubt. (I really love Carla Abellana's face.) But nothing beats two hot guys who are in love!

Dennis and Tom really look good together.

waaaa!!!! i am watching this drama too.. even though i don't really watch GMA shows but this one is definitely an exemption..hahhaha..rabbit2:leaf15::7yoyo10:foxy3:Red_fox:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxcC3C64TwSPgUDyN8aSnibwJwR_mTOmXPDs8K15JbeLb_QvXeDg

• 2 weeks later...
waaaa!!!! i am watching this drama too.. even though i don't really watch GMA shows but this one is definitely an exemption..hahhaha..rabbit2:leaf15::7yoyo10:foxy3:Red_fox:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxcC3C64TwSPgUDyN8aSnibwJwR_mTOmXPDs8K15JbeLb_QvXeDg

I envy you. I mean, at the time where My Husband's Lover starts, my sisters would watch something from a different channel. And when i requested to at least let me see one episode, they wouldn't let me because they don't like BL (though they know that i love BL XD)

i followed this series for a couple of weeks.

but then again, i started to feel lazy as in 'cause you know how mostly Filipino drama work;

they drag and stretch the story too much.

that's the reason why i never watch Filipino dramas in the first place.

i made an exemption to this 'cause it's BL.

so of course, i'll never pass this up.

being a series to top it all of is daring too.

i think it's nearing it's finale and maybe i'll watch the ending to see what happens.

if it this happens to be in a DVD, i'll think about buying it. lol

• 1 month later...

: My Husbands lover has a DVD available if im not wrong it has 12 volumes but rightnow there are only 4 vols available in dvd so far ,, in DVD there are scenes that wasn't shown in Series , haha i was planning to buy them once all volumes are available , i haven't watch it too although im in philippines rightnow im busy in college OTL haha..

:

lol yeah i saw a couple of commercials about the DVD Release.

whoa there are 12 of them?! how much?!

i haven't gone my way in buying it since i almost forgot about it. LOL

buying all 12 of it would be impossible for me if it's around P1000. "OTL

: yes 12 of them, got to know it from my friend's dad* one of d producers of MHL*

but rightnow there are only 4 released , its 250 each volume,, a bit expensive though haha..

is there a site where I can watch the episodes??? My mom won't allow me to watch this coz it's immoral in her opinion, but as a fangirl, it's beautiful!! XD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW! It's even reached here? Hahaha! I'm so happy! LOL :hamtaro-005 (12):

Btw, I'm Ginia, and part of the subbing team. I love Ervin so much that I'm still pimping them, if given the chance (like this one) even though the series has already ended :hamtaro-005 (8):

I wonder if anyone's still interested in watching it? For those who still havent seen it, and would like to watch with english subs, here's the first epiosode ---->

BTW, it has 94 episodes and its last episode aired last November 2013.

I hope you guys enjoy ^___^

*going off to DL more BL movies*

• 3 years later...

I remember watching this show.

I almost screamed at the first episode. OMG

Watching it with the family was so awkward tho ahahha

:leaf8: