Road to scarlet (FreakyfelinexKiramidnight)

freakyfeline

It was four am in the morning, the village was deserted and quiet except for the occasional breeze. He was tired and weary since he just came back from work. He was with the organization of Akatsuki which secretly worked to protect the village of Konoha, but at the same time he was on active duty in the police force, as well as all the members if the Uchiha clan are. This double identity seemed like quite a lot for a young man of twenty-one, but he always handled both jobs well.

Since he works with the Akatsuki he had really strange shift patterns, as a matter of fact he had been out all night. He was looking forward to reach home and finally sleep, as he walked through the quiet streets of the village.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakyfeline

• KiraMidnight

Naruto walked around the village alone.He had been in a bit of a bad mood all day.He had gotten shot down many times in just one day and at the moment he felt as if he wanted to cry,but he did his best not to...

He cilontinued to walk,looking at the ground and not watching where he was going at all,he just walked forward following wherever his feet took him at thr moment

As Itachi walked he spotted a blond haired boy walking on his own. It was supicious for someone who's lingering alone in the middle of a night, and so he thought he was an enemy, he took his kunai out and used his genjutsu to slid behind him 'Who are you and what are you doing here?'' he said as he placed the kunai along his neck.

Naruto turned quickly in order to defende himself.He rose up his own Kunai slightly got in a fighting stance

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki!"

He said to the shadowed man as he stood there,trying to see through the shadows

Itachi stepped forward and now Naruto could see his face clearly 'Are you from this village?'' he asked as he cocked his head to the side, ' your name sounds familiar' he said , he evidently didn't recognize the blond haired boy

Naruto blinked a bit and sighed in a bit of relife.

"Oh...it's you Itachi..."

Naruto smiled at Itachi and felt glad that it was him and not some ninja that wanted to kill him

"Yea,I belonge to this village"

'I don't seem to recall of meeting you before' Itachi said as he lowered his kunai and placed it back in his back pocket. 'What are you doing here this late at night?'

Naruto looked down a bit and began to explain

"This girl I have a crush on.....shot me down infront of all my friends...and a few of them kind of laughed at me..."

He sighed a bit

"As if this day hadn't been bad enough, then she punched me and told me to never look her way again.....girls are just too difficult to understand..."

He looked back up at Itachi and slightly smiled

"Sorry,I don't mean to whine so much..."

'I'm sorry to hear that' Itachi said, the features of his face softened under the moon's light. 'Takes a little bit time to find the right person, it is evident that this woman named Sakura wasn't the one for you, but you shouldn't give up' the older man smiled softly.

Naruto nodded a bit as he stood there talking to the ninja before him.

"So what are you doing out so late Itachi?"

Naruto looked around a bit at the quite area and then back at Itachi

"It's so quite out here...it's a bit creepy..."

'I was..on patrol..' he had to lie because being in the Aktsuki was a top secret organization and though he disliked lying even to a stranger, he had no other choice. Though there was something odd 'How do you know my name?'

"I had been told about the Akatsukis...and a few of the people in it...you were one of them so when I saw you I knew immediatly knew your name..."

Naruto definatally told the truth and smiled happily for being able to do so.He was glad to just have a friend to sit and talk with at the moment,this made him really happy.He didn't feel so alone at the moment

"You're a lot friendiler then I thought you would be,that's awsome!"

He was shocked that he knows about the Aktsuki, very few people in the village knew about them. He wondered if this boy was posing any danger, but looking him: a teen with such bright blue eyes and messy blond hair, with a boyish look upon his face but still he just shrugged his youth yet not quite. He didn't seem to be dangerous at all. 'well thank you' all he could say at his comment.

"No problem...um...could I hang out, out here for a while...I really don't wanna go home and I cant really do anything else..."

Naruto sounded a bit sad but truthful at the same time.

"Please....."

Despite that fact that he felt tired, he didn't want to disappoint him so he just nodded. ' Though I'm afraid that there isn't much to do at this late hour' Itachi said

Naruto got all excited but kept his excitement down as much as he could

"Ok,cool.....maybe I could help a bit somehow...?"

Naruto didn't know what he could do....but he would try to do something to maybe lessen the load on this tired looking man

Itachi rubbed the back of his head looking looking down with an off-put look upon his face. 'well I have an idea, when I am upset about something I usually stay by the river' he muttered, the features of his face softened under the reflection of the moonlight, looked as though embarrassed to admit this part of himself. He wouldn't usually warm up that easily around others, but he felt comfortable, towards him.

Naruto nodded a bit,knowing that stareing at the waters could possiably help him think better.

"Um,that's actually a great idea...I think I'll go there now...thanks Itachi!"

Naruto walked off and twords the river,calmly sitting at it's edge and watched as the moonlight reflected off the waters surface.As he sat there the only thoughts he could think was about hat he lacked that Sasuke had...and why she turned him down so harshly...he began thinking and slowly he laid his head down on his knees,bringing his knees up and close to his chest.

''welcome..'.. Itachi replied watching him go, he wandered if he should head home, and he as going to do so, but at the last minute he changed his mind, he went to look for Naruto, to find him sitting sadly beside the river he walked to him sitting next to him. He did really look so troubled.

Naruto knew there was someone there,but at the moment all he could do was curl up more.He ended up starting to cry,but making sure to silentally cry so whoever was next to him couldn't hear him cry,but his slight breathing was a perfect indicator that he was crying

He could hear the sound of grass crumbled under the feet of someone walking towards him, and a warm comforting hands over his shoulder. 'Naruto?'

Naruto looked up,recognizing the voice of the man that was speaking to him

"Yea,Itachi?"

He whispered a bit,trying not to make it obvious that he was crying in the darkness of the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Though Itachi's keen eyes did catch that glimpse of teardrops tracing the edge of his eyes. He reached his hand out rubbing it off with his thumb. 'It is only natural to feel like we need to be loved by others, and when that is not fulfilled we feel lonely and rejected, but even when you feel sad remember, there will be always people who care for you, like family and friends.'

Naruto slightly nodded, keeping his eyes on Itachi and his cheeks slightly turning red.

"I understand...and I know that what you say is true...it just kind of...hurts..."

He couldn't help but admit this...he was trying to be strong but it was hard to do so when all he wanted to do was cry

Itachi lifted a hand and placed it on his shoulder squeezing it as a sign of comfort, despite his talk, he seemed to be inexperienced when it comes to exhibiting physical attributes, even when it comes to comforting someone . His face was turned away from Naruto, despite his hand was on his shoulder. It might have been embarrassment, or lack of confidence that such small gesture would help Naruto feel better.