View Poll Results: Do you guys think women should be in a Yaoi?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 37.67%
  • Maybe

65 44.52%
  • No

26 17.81%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Women In Yaois

Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Takehiko Belizaire Inventory
    Charles J. Chrishunds Masamune Takano Akihito Takaba

Women In Yaois

In case you didn't really understand what I meant Ill explain. Like do you guys enjoy seeing women in a typical yaoi? :_red_fox 7

-For example, in Junjou Romantica we have Eri Aikawa, who caused confusion between Usagi-san and Misaki, making Misaki think Usagi was with her.
    -Another example would be in Boku wa Konomana Kaeranai were we have Moeko who causes trouble for Ken and Ritsurou, since she was with Ken and suddenly she kisses Rutsurou and that almost ended there friendships. But then they end up getting together leaving Moeko out.

There are several other Yaois that have women in them, like Close the Last Door, but those are some.

I always hear people saying women should never be in a Yaoi ((as a main character or a close friend to them)), since its said they ruin it because there either trying to get with one of them or simply interfering with there relationship. So i was wondering, what do you guys all think?

Position
    Uke
    Credits
    Erza Scarlet Inventory

Re: Women In Yaois

Noo!! They r so annoyin!!! :hamtaro-005 (5):

Yaoi Wizard
    Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Sasunarufan13 Inventory
    Ciel Tsukumo Murasame Luka Crosszeria Akihito Takaba

It depends on their personality. If they are a whiney type whose main purpose seems to be to cause confusion and heartbreak between the two guys because she's convinced one of them belongs to her or she's just simple bitchy like that, then I can do without such a character, because she doesn't really add much to the story.

However if she's well developed and actually has a real purpose in the story (not just there to create some extra tension and confusion and such) then I don't mind having women in yaoi.

It's the same in regular manga - there are female characters whose main purpose seems to be just a filler character or something along those lines, but then there are female characters who are really well developed and who definitely add something to the story.

So for me it all depends on the purpose of the woman in the story and the way she's developed

Yaoi Lover
    Position
    Secret
    Credits
    Rainbowww Inventory

I think it makes things kind of realistic. We don't live in a world where there are men and only men... so I think it's interesting most of the time.

in my bed, coz i'm a giant potato burrito
    Position
    Seke
    Credits
    wolfiechan Inventory
    Junjou Romantica Junjou Egoist Junjou Terrorist Xel

Maybe. At one point, it makes the story interesting and adds the "realistic" part since the world has women, not only men (for I'm still here XD). But, on the other hand, SOME GIRLS ARE EFFIN ANNOYING! :[ Can't you see that they're in love with each other and not with you??

Just saying.

Yes. They make the story more fun., I enjoy reading a BL manga with a bunch of jealousy and misunderstanding caused by a woman. It's amusing.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    mongmong Inventory
    Noiz

I don't see why they shouldn't be there. It makes any story seems realistic, cause no matter how much I would love a story with only 10 men, it does not seems realistic at all. I'm all up for realism in stories.

With my favorite troll Izaya Orihara causing chaos
    Position
    Secret
    Credits
    WindyRain Inventory
    Chinese Umbrella Otoya Ritsu Onodera Sebastian Michaelis

:_red_fox 7It would depend on how they act. If they're all girly and stuff they'll ruin the whole yaoi!:hamtaro-005 (6):SO mostly women shouldn't be in it.

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    sarah3161 Inventory
    Nikiforov Victor (long hair) China Shougo Sena YO Host 2016

maybe
    why not , i think it give a little feminine taste ^_^ especially if their appear to give a little spice to the story ^_^

Position
    Seke
    Credits
    Scarfhime Inventory

It's kind of nice when there's female characters in yaoi, I think.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast