An Unexpected Debt

Envy

Xeiro groaned as he woke.

The handcuffs around his wrist were done too tightly still and the ropes around his ankles cut into his skin. He laid there in the dark room, breathing in the musky air of the sub cell. His body shook from the cold air around him, the concrete flooring stained with his blood from the wounds he sustained days ago.

He rolled onto his side, cringing at the pull of his wounds. He wasn’t so sure how long he had been there. How much time had passed. He had eaten very little, and he was sure his shivers weren’t just from the cold or his nakedness, nor the fuzziness in his head from the beating he had received the night before.

His wounds hadn’t been treated, and he was sure they had become infected.

He wondered if whoever was holding him had already killed his trainee.

It had been the kids fault they had been caught in the first place.

Even still, he didn’t wish the boy any harm.

Just then he heard the door opening, its rusty hinges groaning.

Xeiro closed his eyes from the light coming through the now opened door.

Heavy footfalls sound throughout the room. He winced as he was roughly snatched off the floor by his numb arms. Two men stood in the room with him while a third stood in the doorway smiling at him evilly.

Ignoring the two at his side, Xeiro lifted his head, ignoring the spinning and gave the man a smile as if what has been happening to him hadn’t affected him at all.

“Simon.” he said as best he could “Nice to see you this fine evening.”

The smile on Simon's face slipped and he glared at his prisoner. “You won’t be smiling once you see what’s in store for you next.” he snapped irritated.

Xeiro said nothing and shrugged his stiff shoulders as Simon turned around and walked from the room. The two men holding him up followed, dragging him between them.

The old cellar wasn’t much better then his cell, except that it was lit. They approached a pair of stairs taking them up to the floor above.

Simon looked to Xeiro and smiled once again his fangs showing when he did “I’m going to enjoy this.”

Xeiro looked around himself at the carpeted hallway. Its cracked dirty white walls. He could hear sounds of a crowd somewhere down the hall. He frowned as he was dragged that way. He really didn’t like this. He had no idea what was to happen to him, and Simon s happy smile only made him more uneasy.

The voices got louder and louder as they turned a corner and walked towards an open door. Simon walked through, beaming when he caught the attention of everyone there.

The talking slowed once Xeiro was dragged through the door. He looked around and almost groaned out loud.

The crowd in the large lounge like room consisted of well known creatures. Lords of covens from witches to vampires and beyond.

He had killed most of their friends or hunted them only for them to slip away during the handovers. Some new faces were there as well, no doubt replacements for those that had died by his or other hunters hands.

He was taken to the center of the room and held there as Simon looked at all the faces peering back at him with a smile.

“I know most of you know who this man is.” Simon said aloud.

By now the room had become deadly quiet, all eyes on Xeiro as he slumped between his two handlers. He was too weak to even try and fight his way out of this.

“Lets start the bidding at $100,000. “ Simon said, the smile spreading on his face even more.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envy

• Castleofbones

As I looked down at the dead body of the female that had summoned me I felt a little disgusted. She had hardly been worth me being summoned. Her one desire was to feel loved for a night and kill her husband since her husband had abused her and then left her. I couldn't blame the man, for leaving her that is. Her soul was small, not enough to fill me and corrupt with hate and envy of other wives. It had tasted horrible.

As I left the house I found myself in a rather run down neighbourhood. It was night time and i could sense the raw hate for the world all around me, not that it bothered me of course.

Since I had some time on my hands before I needed to find my next meal I decided to walk around and see if there was anything interesting going on.

As I strolled through a back alley I sensed vampires, witches and wolves. It was like a supernatural party. Intrigued, I found the entrance to the place and when the door man, A wolf by his build, asked me for my invitation. Looking unbothered I called upon my power to get me a ticket from someone and materialise it in my pocket. I then reached for my pocket and pulled out my recently acquired ticket and gave it to him as I walked in.

Inside, it was expensively decorated which screamed to me that this was a vampire's lair, a pretty old and strong one at that since I saw items from 100's of years ago. Interesting...

I then surveyed the creatures in the room. None of them had noticed my presence since they were nervous and tense being in enemy territory but the hate that they felt was overcoming the nervousness.

Just as I was about to speak to the witch next to me a vampire came out and everyone went silent. Had was dragging a dirty, bloodstained human with him. Obviously this was no ordinary human because I felt a wave of overwhelming hate for this guy, so he was probably a hunter because wolves and witches wouldn't come into vampire territory for a vampire trator. The vampire, who I assume was in charge started to speak. I looked at the pitiful human with him more closely. I felt a wave of acknowledgement from him so he probably already knew his fate when he entered the room.

"lets start the bidding at $100,000" the vampire said smiling. Quickly the price was rising. The human they were bidding on me then looked up, straight at me. I was surprised at the quality of his soul. If I ate him up not only would it taste fantastic as it had a mix of loneliness and suffering but his soul was so big it would keep me alive for about 100 years without needing a meal. Then I looked at his features and realised that he would probably be very beautiful if he was cleaned up. Normally I would never even think of eating a male souls as they often taste much worst than female souls but this guy would be an exception for sure. The bidding was now at $1,000,000.

"Twenty million Dollars" I said. Everyone's attention now shifted to me. Now i've done it. The auctioneer then asked "Anymore offers?" The room was silent. No one had that kind of money to pay for a human that they wanted revenge for.

"Sold to the man with black hair over there" the auctioneer said pointing to me. "now please come with me to make your payment"

I followed him to the back room where I materialised the money and handed it to him. I was then given the human

I unchained him and said "My name's Zak. It looks like we're going to be spending a lot of time together now. Your name is?"

All he kept thinking during the entire was this was some bad lucid trip brought on by the fever in his body as he dropped his eyes again.

He wasn't being held here and auctioned off like some animal.

When he heard the words sold, he didn't bother to look who had won him. He was roughly dragged off again, his weak legs unable to keep up with the person clutching onto his arm. Having had enough, he gathered enough strength to stop, and plant his legs steadily and yank back.

The man holding him was pulled off balance, turning enough for Xeiro to bring up his knee and slam it into the creatures groin. The man grabbed himself and let go of him. Just as he steadied himself enough to stay on his feet and look up to see the exchange of money and Simon giving his a death glare.

The vampire looked at the rather tall male “I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into.” he gathered the money, not really caring since the hunter wasn't his problem anymore.

Xeiro looked at the man that obviously bought him.

Was he really that tall or was it just his eyes playing tricks on him?

Watching as he unchained his arms because looking up at him was making him dizzy. The words he spoke almost didn't register as his head began to get fuzzy again. He didn't care who the man was, and if he didn't get him medical help he would have wasted his money and they wouldn't be spending any time together.

"Hmmm... you do like to your prisoners healthy don't you?" I said sarcastically to the vampire.

"Well, no matter, because you'll be dead very soon" I said casually. Before he had a chance to reply I had materialised a stake and sent it flying his way. It didn't hit him straight through the heart and he was old enough not to die from simply a wooden stake but he wouldn't be getting up anytime soon.

"Right, to a healer it is" I said lifting the near unconscious man up and carrying him like a princess in my arms. As i walked out into the main lounge a few people were hanging around either waiting to attack me or just to glare at the man in my hands one last time. To the ones that wanted to attack me I glared at them and showed them a little bit of my true form, that was enough to scare most of them away. Since I was still a young demon, my powers weren't strong enough to take all of them on at once in a fight because my object materialisation speed was slow compared to older demons who were 10's of millennia old. As one vampire approached me, still looking for a fight all i said was

"You might want to check on the auctioneer... It's seems he's had an accident with a wooden stake"

During the confusion I hurried out to find the nearest healing witch. Thankfully, I found one in the higher end of the town where the streets were clean and the houses were big and expensive. Glad that witches done their business at night, I hurried into the shop and demanded the witch healed the man. When she took one look at the man she instantly refused and said

"I don't heal guild scum. Go somewhere else and wait for him to die, many of my friends have been killed by the guild"

"I know, many of mine as well" I lied.

"That's why i just brought him off a vampire who caught him. I want him to suffer as much as possible as I eat away his soul and torture his body. But if he dies now, I won't be able to do any of that" I said in an icy tone, hoping to convince the witch and that the man was too delirious to hear.

"Ahh...." the witch said contemplating the thought. "If you do that he would have suffered for all for the people he has killed.... But how can I trust you?"

"I'm a demon, an incubus at that. Why would I do something that helps others but not myself?"

"Fine, i'll heal him. I trust you have enough to pay for his treatment?"

"All the money in the world" That was not a lie.

Xeiro could just make out the voice of someone near him as he began to wake.

Slowly his eyes began to open, the light in the room was dim, but it still stung his eyes. His head didn't feel so stuffy now, and his body didn't hurt as he mentally sought out any lingering effects. Nope, all gone.

He was confused as his eye sight began to finally clear up.

It registered he was looking at some woman he had never seen before, her brown hair in a ponytail at the back of her neck, and a man... a tall man....

His brow furrowed as the thought that he had seen the man before entered his head, but he couldn't place him as he tried to comb through his memories. He knew he seen him somewhere before...

Then it came to him.

The man was the same he had seen at Simon's coven house. The same man that had bought him at the auction Simon had set up. So what was he doing now, and who was the lady. He listened to them speak to each other but since he was just coming in on the conversation, he was left in the dark mostly, so he decided to disrupt them.

“Where am I?” he asked, his voice just above a croak from his dry throat

His blue eyes landed on the tall man and didn't move.

"At a healers' shop" I replied turning my attention to the man on the bed. "You almost died from those infected wounds so I had a healer heal you. So now I can play with you all I want" I added a chilling grin to make the healer, Sophia, happy that her brethren were going to have their revenge.

"So, Since you're better I think we should go somewhere a little more private and get to know each other REALLY well" I said smiling and then I added " Aer your wounds fine? Can you stand?"

Xeiro sat up with a slight frown.

What was this man talking about?

He wasn't going anywhere with him.

What the hell did he think he bought himself?

A pet?

Well maybe he should have bid on someone else. But right now he'd play nice until he was some place he could call for a pick up from his work mates. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed he had been lying on, he noticed that his legs were bare. Then it dawned on him.

His legs weren't the only thing that was bare.

“Could I at least get something to wear?” he asked looking back to the man.

"Hmmm.... Sophia could you go out of the room please? I don't want to reveal all of my tricks" I said winking at her. Once she left the room I walked up to the man and started sliding my hands over his body. He looked like he was about to protest so I said

"hush little one, or do you not want any clothes?" Once I had ran my hands all over him I knew what clothing size he was.

"Now close your eyes" I ordered. As soon as he did I materialised some clothes for him.

"Now open them" I said as I gave him the clothes

Xeiro was seriously considering hitting this guy.

He didn't know him, and he just up and begins to feel on him!

And he called him little?

Like seriously.. not everyone could be a tall giant like this guy. He was a perfectly good height for a man. Five foot ten was above average. When he asked that he close his eyes, he hesitated, not sure the guy wouldn't jump him when his eyes weren't on him.

Grudgingly did so. If this got him one step closer to getting dressed and getting the hell out of there, he was all for it.

When he heard the man say it was all right to open his eyes, he did so, taking the clothing from him when they were held out. He picked up the pants first, then stood and slipped them on, not caring of the man watched.

It wasn't like he hadn't already seen... the perv....

Besides, he had nothing to be ashamed of. His body, with his height and size, was perfectly shaped, with long lean muscles and his skin, though scared here and there, was nicely smooth and healthy.

Once he had the shirt and boots on, he looked up at the other male in the room. Alright, he had to admit that the clothing fit perfectly, and so he found himself saying two words he wasn't all that familiar with.

“Thank you....” he said, his voice almost hesitant.

Oh, yeah....

He suppose he should thank him for getting him out of that place...

“...for everything...” he added.

"That's ok. It's not a lot of trouble for me." I said smirking at his current timidness. He reminded me of a stray cat; Quick to bare his fangs at strangers and prideful but selfish and cute when in need of attention. It also seemed like he didn't trust people, maybe because someone had abandoned him?

"Well we should get going my little neko-chan, or that healer is going to harm you more than she's healed you. Should we find a house somewhere quiet where we have some privacy? Or else every creature in the night is going to be after you and I don't want that beautifully delicious soul going to waste, or even worse, someone else taking it away from me" I saw the annoyance on his face when I called him my little neko-chan and smiled. He was awfully cute when he was annoyed.

"If you don't want to be called my little neko-chan your name might be useful. Although if I don't think it suits you i'm going to call you neko-chan" I said smirking

“Xeiro.” he answered, his eyes tight with annoyance.

Neko-chan....

“What … never mind. Just get me out of here.” he said deciding he didn't want to be anywhere near this place.

Especially when he didn't have his weapons with him. It wasn't like he was useless without them, far from it. But they did help.

He looked for the door out of the room more than ready to get going and get away from the giant at his side. But then it clicked. This.. whatever he was, saved him, and would most likely want something for his efforts. Much more than a simple thank you.

Deciding to put that on the back burner for now, he started for the door. “Unless you can magically conjure us somewhere else, lets get moving.” he said over his shoulder.

"Hmm... I could. But that would mean showing you the extent of my powers which I don't particularly want to do, considering you're a guild member and have been giving me a murderous intent for some time. So it's better off if you don't know" I said as we exited the shop.

"I don't suppose you know where we are? Before I brought you I was only just summoned for the first time in two years but at least it means I can hang around in the human world until I have to recharge my powers. So please lead the way to a safehouse that isn't known by the guild, my little nako-chan" I said in a casual tone, letting Xerio lead the way as he walked down the dimly lit, abandoned street.

Xeiro looked over to the creature beside him, refusing to look up, since he didn't feel like craning his neck as he gritted his teeth.

“I told you, my name is Xeiro.” he grounded out as they walked.

He wasn't even sure why he hadn't tried taking this guy out yet. But then again, if what he said was true, and he could just vanish when he wants, then it'd be pointless. Not to mention he stilled owed him.

He walked until he found a bar not far from the Guild, and decided the was the best place for him to be until he knew the deal with this guy. Most of the patrons there were his coworkers on most nights, and he might get lucky and lose the... whatever he was.

It was a two story building, made from bricks, the windows were opened to the crisp autumn air, which he was thankful wasn't cold. His red hair ruffled in the wind as they crossed the street. He walked inside, vaguely wondering if the creature following him would come along as well.

Sending small waves to those who spoke to him on his way through the tap room, he headed for the very back booth, hoping he was alone when he sat down.

"Hmmmm... Well, that's not very nice, choosing a bar where you know a lot of people" I muttered to myself but continued to follow him anyway. If he thought that I was going to be scared off by going into a bar where i was outnumbered he was wrong. Standing tall, I confidently walked through the crowd of people to the back of the room. Luckily, the crowd thinned towards the back, since they were all around the bar area where they could order drinks quickly, and by the time we got to the very back there were very little people around and there were several booths empty.

Sitting down beside Xeiro I asked him "Why are you called 'Xeiro' Neko-chan? It seems like a very lonely name"

I knew that calling him Neko-chan annoyed him, because the wave of annoyance I felt from him was strong, but still it was fun to tease him since his annoyed face was very cute and made me want to tease him even more, but I had to hold back for now to distract myself I asked him another question so I could listen to him as I tried to control my desire

"So, what are you going to order Neko-chan?"

Ignoring his questions, Xeiro decided to get some answers for himself.

He turned his piercing blue eyes to the tall male next to him, this time really taking in his face. Before he has been a bit delirious from the fever and the infections. But now that his mind was clear he could take in his appearance.

He sighed lightly when he realized he was going to be stuck with this guy... for now at least.

“Why did you buy me?” he asked, wanting to get to the bottom of things.

“And what do you want with me ?”

"Hmmm... why did I buy you huh? Probably just a spontaneous act. It would've definitely been a waste if you were tortured and killed by those lower beings. I mean your rust coloured hair is beautiful" I said bringing my hand to his face and stroking his hair.

"And your eyes are like a deep ocean colour" I said my face moving closer to his to have a closer look at his eyes. "It feels like I would drown in them if I stare into them too long. And the contrast with your hair is stunning. But the main reason I felt the need to buy you was because you have the purest, biggest most delicious looking soul I've seen. As to what I'm going to do to you? Well I'm going to protect you from everything that it after you because you are all mine. I want to nurture your soul, make it even more delicious - until it's almost a waste to eat it - and then savour it as you die a death you deserve. Any more questions?"

Xeiro bristled at the contact when the man touched him.

He moved his head away after the creature looked into his eyes. He looked back to him when he continued talking, his brow furrowing slightly at his words.

His soul?

Why did those words sound so familiar?

His frown turned into a glare at the mention of his belonging to this creep. Yeah, he didn't think so. He was about to say so when he heard the last part about his dying a 'death you deserve'. The look the creature was getting from him now was flat, void of anything at all. No expression graced his face as he looked at him quietly.

He wasn't afraid to die.

Never had been. Not even when the vampire that had found him as a run away and decided he'd make a good meal. With that thought he remembered where he had heard those words. The vampire had said the same thing the night he had woken and found he was still alive.

Well, he didn't call it delicious, but the rest...

He sat back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest, making sure to keep eye contact.

“And just how do you plan to protect me? Or nurture my soul?”

A smile slowly spread across my face as I saw his defiant expression. I shuddered as I felt another, stronger wave of desire to make him mine flow over me.

"Such a good expression... It makes me want to gobble you up right now" I licked my lips at the thought. "But I need to protect you. And it's quite obvious that I'm going to protect you with my powers and as for nurturing, all I'm going to do is stay by your side"

Since I couldn't take it any longer I grabbed both of his hands with mine and while he was momentarily unable to move I moved my face closer to his and pressed my lips against his. I then managed to slip my tongue into his mouth and intwine it with his

The sudden movement of the creature next to him had his defenses going up in a millisecond.

If his hands hadn't been captured, the other male would have gotten a fist to his face for even moving so close without permission. Not that he would have gotten any. He opened his mouth to tell him to back off, his blue eyes burning with instant anger.

He froze and his eyes widened when he felt the creatures mouth go over his, and having caught him at the moment when he was about to speak,his mouth was open and the darn man slipped his tongue into Xeiro's mouth.

The feeling of the invading appendage made everything he was going to say dry up, and his thoughts stopped in mid track. His body remained frozen and unresponsive to what was happening. It was like he was in total shut down and he couldn't for the life of him break through it.

After a while, I broke off the kiss before I pushed him down and really made him mine. I saw the defenceless look on his face and smiled

"That was a very tasty meal, thanks" I licked my lips.

The feel of his lips were soft and moist, much better than most of the women who had summoned him and the way he just stopped moving when my tongue was entwining with his was very cute indeed. And the taste of his soul was extravagant.

"So have you guessed what supernatural creature I am yet Xeiro?"

Xeiro blinked up at the man still hovering close to him.

Did he... did he just get kissed?

By some strange creature?

His words sank in after a moment as his brain began to process once again. His face broke into a furious expression, eyes became hard with rage and yanked himself away from the other male, pressing into the wall behind him to put as much space between them as possible.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” he demanded as he tried to keep the urge to punch him from taking over.

It was only because he owed this man for getting him out of Simon's grasp that he was trying so hard.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the kiss.

Nope.

Looking him over for a moment at his question, he looked back to his eyes “Incubus.” he drawled, wanting to curse.

He couldn't have been something like a vampire, maybe a shape shifter. No. He just had to be a demon.

A DEMON.

And one of the more annoying types too. Of course this would happen to him, because that's just his luck.

"Ding ding ding, We have a winner! I didn't think you'd get it right first time. What you would expect from a Guild hunter. But why are you so shocked and angry? Surely you must of guessed that I was a supernatural creature by the fact that I magically brought you clothes in a blink of an eye? Or were you too preoccupied with what I was doing before hand?" I said smirking.

Xeiro looked like a hissing cat with his hair upright baring his fangs and claws. I began to walk closer to him, decreasing the space between us.

"It's not like I've tricked you. I never pretended to be human. Plus I did say that I would eventually like to eat your soul... and Even if I did just taste it, it's hardly enough to fill me. All I had was the equivalent of a single lick of an ice lolly- not enough to affect you at all. But I've confirmed that your soul is the best I've tasted. So there is no way I'm going to let you out of my sight now" I placed my hands against the wall Xeiro had backed on to, Trapping him.

Xeiro growled under his breath as the body of the other male pressed in closer to him.

He didn't want to be there between him and the wall. “I never said you tricked me.” he gritted out at him.

“I knew you were something before I knew what you were. You wouldn't have been at Simon's if you were human.” he tried pushing at the mans chest with his hands.

Xeiro wasn't strong enough to move the demon if he didn't want to be moved, but he wanted him to realize he didn't like being trapped.

"True, but I did turn up uninvited. I didn't even know that auctioneer vampire was called Simon. In fact I'm sure, if he's alive, he's trying to track me down because I 'accidentally' put a stake in his heart. Opps."

I felt Xeiro pushing against my chest, trying to get out and escape and I smiled. He was still cute when he was angry and a little scared.

"Now, now. If you want me to satisfy you that badly there are always more secluded places we could do it. I know you have a lot of friends here, but don't you feel embarrassed feeling up my chest and body in public? But if you don't, I don't mind doing it here and now" I said as I winked at him. Ah... I could just tell that teasing Xeiro would become my favourite pass time if I spent too long with him, but I didn't care.

Xeiro eyes narrowed at him.

“As if I'm trying to feel you up.” he gritted out between his teeth.

After a moment he sighed lightly “Would you please move back.” he asked grudgingly.

He could tell this guy was going to drive him insane before long. He had absolutely no sense of what personal space was obviously. Xeiro was never good with the whole touching thing. Cuddling was not even in his vocabulary.

Sure he wasn't a virgin, and he had partners that lasted for more than a month, maybe more depending, but even then he was distant. No hand holding, no random hugs or kisses, nothing that seemed intimate. Just physical contact when the mood struck. All the other stuff he had avoided like the plague.

Then of course the women would get attached and think that they could be the one person who can change him. Then become furious with him when they realize he was an dead end when it came to emotions.

So he had tried men.

That just seemed to end on the same note.

He wasn't sure why they had been so adamant about making him 'fall in love'. Maybe just to have the rights to say they were the ones to catch him permanently. He wasn't even sure why they would want to. The best word to describe him was dysfunctional when it came to anything dealing with people.

And now he seemed to have a demon that wanted to leech off his soul.

His life was just looking up wasn't it....