What era and place would you want to try living in or visit?

Tsubakihime

Have you ever thought that "maybe i was born to the wrong time period" or "i would like to see how people lived when..." ?

I would love to try experiencing life in Japan during Heian period, probably as a person in the royal court. I'm curious about how difficult it was to walk in so many layers of long kimono :D and that cult of beauty may have been interesting along with the blossoming of literature. Although I may have chaos in my head from all the Fujiwaras. :D

The second one would be probably be Stonehenge area during the time of druids :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alezander

• confidant_v

• KatieMH25!

• gin

Hmm I would have said medieval England or Japan before the meiji restoration but then again only if I was a very important person. Poor people and women weren't treated well (not that things are super good for both groups now). So I'd say, I'd like to live in USA during the 70's, 80's. Go down the street or hit the disco with an afro and colorful clothes.

*I would like to go back into the time when the Spanish conquered our country and completely took over for more than 300 years. My reason is, I would like to have a time to talk with our national hero. I would like to ask him what he was thinking when he wrote his two famous novels "Noli Me Tangere" and "El Filibusterismo" aside from seeking freedom from the Spaniards. I would like to ask him what is main reason of saying: "The youth is the hope of our country" because the current Filipino youth doesn't understand what it means so I could at least tell the present Filipino youth what it truly means to be a part of my country. Also would like to ask so many reformists and revolutionists in that time. Their will of freeing my country from the foreign subjucators is so strong that they were more than willing to sacrifice themselves. It's contagious.

*I would like to go back in the time where my country was in a huge war with the Japanese government. According to our history, the Japanese government discovered that our country has so many gold buried underground so they wanted that, I already know that, but I am still looking for another thing, how come their were Koreans in the Japanese troops who were responsible for the destruction of the lives of the so-called "comfort women" in our country. How come they can not distinguish that, knowing that Japanese people are intelligent.

*I also would like to go back in the early 70's of my country. In this year, Martial Law was implemented. There were only 15 countries that implemented, my country including it's ally, America. It seems like there so many anomaly during this Era of our country so I would like to study everything about that era. From the government, to the military troops, to the people.

*I would like to live during these dynasties of China: Ming, Yuan, Jin, Liao and Qing for several reasons.

*I would like to live during the time of the Meiji restoration, Edo and Showa Era.

*I would like to also live in the future [if I will be asked, I would like to be immortal] I would like to observe the changes that would take place. It might be lonely because I do not have a family in the future anymore but I am sure I can carry on.

*And lastly, if I was not born on those eras or time that I wrote above, I am probably in the Renaissance Era and I would probably be studying with Shakespeare. I am a huge fan of Shakespeare and I will be a follower of his works [and him as well] even after I die.

Huh? I wrote a lot. I apologize for writing so much. This thread is very interesting that's why.

Thank you very much.

• 4 months later...

hmm..i don't know.. maybe a visit.. to ancient greece, the ancient period. it would so great to meet the core foundations of philosophy, socrates, plato and aristotle..haha

• 2 months later...

I would like to live in Ancient Greece or Rome just for a few weeks to determine whether or not the Greek and Norse Gods were real or fictitious :)

I do happen to think I live in the wrong time period in England so I would like to be born in the 1800 hundreds where mothers and fathers arranged marriages for their children, I am 26 and if I lived as I am now in that era I would be classed as a Spinister, I would to know what my life would be like if I lived in those times

• 4 years later...

I'd like to meet the Native Americans before their land was taken from them because of the great "Westing". I collect any book about them that I find in bookstores because I love their culture and their way of life. They live so closely with nature and with one another, it's beautiful. I'm always captivated whenever I read about them and sometimes wish I could have been there with them dancing around their campfires, planting corn with them, creeping on moccasins made of deerskin, hearing stories about animal spirits, the stars and their ancestors. Oh, now I have to go read my books again!

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I agree with you! I think it would be wonderful to experience the Americas before the Native Americans were pushed out. I would love to experience the storytelling, the lifestyle, the sense of community. All of it.

On top of that I tend to read novels about many different dynasties from Ancient China, so I'd love to see it. I have this image in my head that is probably entirely inaccurate, but I'd give anything to see the palaces the emperors stayed in, the gardens, all of these beautiful things that really only the royals got to experience. Then again, I'd also love to see the villages where the more common folk stayed. That's more my speed anyway, and I feel like I'd feel right at home with people pushing past me to get wherever they needed to get to, the loud noise, buying food off the street vendors... All of that just sounds right where I belong haha!

Your descriptions sound so much like where I live in! I haven't read much about Ancient China but from what I see in movies, if they are any accurate, I totally dig the flippant/careless/carefree way that the common people live. The rowdiness and the bustle may be a bit much to the senses but past that is a connectedness that the modern world we live in can only dream of. I really like the feeling of people close together, not just living next to each other but living with each other. As in close on a personal level, not just simply knowing each other's names. I'm more familiar with S.Korean culture (since they export it so proudly to the world and I like watching dramas about the Joseon era) and I agree that the mini-city/mini-world that the royals have created for themselves within their palace walls are heavy with mystery, secrets and allure. It's just so dreamy. Actually I've had the blessing of visiting one of the Grand Palaces in S.Korea just two weeks ago and wow, everything was so beautiful! Like, the paint, the architecture, the tended plants, the elaborate art on their chimneys, the bricks... best of all was the throne room. I had goosebumps peeking into it.

Ah does it?? I'd love to visit it then XD I read lots of fiction and nonfiction about all kinds of eras from Ancient China. It's fascinating. I'll admit, I'm sure I have these grand images and ideas of what it should look and it probably was never like that to begin with. I suppose we like to play up a fantasy of sorts, but I can't help it. The idea is so lovely, but it's also dark when you look into the history. The villages were the commoners lived though... Definitely my speed XD I'm from a big city so I'm kind of accustomed to that lifestyle. I'd even venture to say that I prefer that to the life of the royals! You can't beat freedom ^_^

I also looooooove Korean history! I guess I love Korean everything. I had started studying the language (put that on the wayside for a while there, but I want to get back into it!) So you were there just two weeks ago?? That's awesome!! I went to South Korea a few years ago literally around the same time as you. I visited the palaces as well and it was just the most incredible feeling. You could just feel the past around you as you walked through the pagodas and structures and rooms. It was the most surreal and amazing feeling. Almost like I was transported or at the very least like that sense of importance and royalty and the people who moved in and out of those rooms left their impression.

Man I'd do anything to go back haha!

There's much I can tell you---it's a long list but I got my highlights.

1970's --1980's . Where real music started to boom. When there's no autotunes involved. Preferably Queen's Live Aid concert

and the rest of their world tour.

2300 BC, Babylonian empire where it's said that we have one language? Now I want to know what that language was before shit was about to hit the fan.

1467 Sengoku Period. Of course who does not want to see Masamune plummel Ashina's ass.

04 July 1187 Battle of Hattin. Not one of a war-freak. I-I swear I just want to see the controversial Crusaders and their war with the Muslims.

1560 Vlad the Impaler. I just wanted to see what happened in Wallachia , nothing fancy I guess.

We need a time machine where we can see event unfold but we can't be seen nor harmed by the said era we will travel. Sounds like a plan. :D

I don't wan to live in any historical time period. I like technology. I wouldn't mind living in the future or even just visiting and checking out what happens. I reckon it would be awesome to travel to the future, research the technologies then come back and write a book of "predictions".

I have a new hair cut and Daaannnngg I look just too dam darn cool, i cant even look at maaaa'seellfff XDDD

(Hahaha i have never been so, how to say,... "cooky" before)

But hey,

The adventure doset stop there.. I got a NEW Wacom tablet yoyo4 Woop WOOP!

Maaan all is so good right now :D

(i bet something bad will happen soon... -____________- like a bird taking a poo on me.)

I feel like so cool that i would do so well in Space right naaaaaaow. "spaaacceeemaaann"

:_red_fox 5

Timetraveling you say

hmmm

yoyo

Well since everything was bad in the old days i dunno what would be worse..

The plague? The Inquisition?..hmm Welll i guess ancient greece where everyone was gay all days.

It would have been nice to meet Platon. But hey.Best thing would be 1935-ish and have some....

"Pleasure and work" and lure ...."Mr.H" into eating something real bad so he died.

After that I would get some stuff, paintings, and sell em in 2018/2019 :D

(I would also destroy AAAAALLLL picassos's "art".... Cuz it aint)

MOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

:Dancing: