Antique Bakery BL character movie review

kjyc

Antique Bakery

220px-Antique_%28film%29_poster.jpg

Themes: Drama,Shounen-ai, personal demons,sex scene

Before i begin let me say this:

THIS FILM IS NOT AN ACTUAL BL FILM- BUT RATHER A FILM WITH A GAY CHARACTER.

Plot:

Jin-hyuk is a rich guy with a small dream- finding someone. With his families money and his own drive he sets up a "Antique bakery."The shop is like a very ornate cake store/cafe setting. The staff include Sun-woo (our gay character) the childhood friend and wonderful pastry chef. A young ex-boxer (Gi-beom) and a serious looking bodyguard(Su-young). On the surface, the cafe seems like a perfect place-but each of the men have their own problems they need to solve. The owner suffers from flashbacks, the bodyguard shows nothing, Sun-woo is in love with the owner and Gi-beom the ex-champ is suffering physically. There's an eerie atmosphere under all the beauty as the owner waits and waits....

Review:

This is not actually a BL love story but Sun-woo portrays the majority of real BL reality- unrequited love. There is an actual m2m sex scene too(not graphic but implied). However, besides Sun-woos charming personality (and looks) the owners story is really interesting. There's a kind of tension in the film- you can feel everything is not as it seems and it keeps you hooked. The other characters are great actors too- its a very good film to watch. Highly recommended.

Rating:

:):):):):)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kjyc

• EvilStewie

• Miss Blank

• eyvailicous

I adore this movie!!! The editing gives it an autistic/Tim Burton feel, Completely out of the box! (Think Edward Scissor-Hands how the past/story she is telling seems more recent from the time she is telling the story) Which I love! The characters are colorful and well acted as well. This movie is totally in my top 5

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
yes you must :D you won't regret it !

he he yes i got hungry watching it (and not just hungry for bishies)

i always love you comments :D so true was kinda a trippy film he he loved it. Btw thanks so much for all the likes :)

i always love you comments :D so true was kinda a trippy film he he loved it. Btw thanks so much for all the likes :)

I know these reviews take time, and want you to feel your work is validated. This is a big undertaking, and a great asset to the board. I hope more people leave feedback as well. I def will for the BL dramas I have seen!

thank you so much :) You're going to make me cry :) (happy tears he he)

thank you XX

• 2 weeks later...

This is bl. Oh! i found it in a dvd store. but, i thought it's just so-so. Jesus.....i ve to go there again. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I really love this movie too! There's lots of bishies and omg if I could just get inside that bakery I would EAT EVERYTHING IT LOOKS SO GOOD! XD

Fumi Yoshinaga has a talent for creating interesting characters and stories, I love her works