Server Cost - Server Resources Dropped

Key

We had to drop the server resources because we couldn't cover up the costs.

Today we've tweaked the Apache in order to maximize the server's performance with its current, dropped resources. However, the forum is still slower and it's possible to encounter some errors now and then. We are still working on it.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, we've tried to keep the initial resources so that the forum would run better, but we just couldn't keep it up with the costs and we ended up borrowing money to be able to keep the forum alive.

Even now, after dropping some of the resources, the costs are still very high. We are doing our best to keep this community alive and make the forum work as good as possible.

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Is there information in regards to how much is required each month etc to keep the site running?

I am interested in learning more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW.. that is quite the impressive number of active users. O///O; Quite the site it seems... No wonder you guys have to try so hard to keep things going.. With this many users and content I'm surprised that the donations you guys are asking for would even cover it. :( You must give more of your effort and ask for less in return than 99% of the charities out there. ^^;;

I'll donate next pay check! Promise! I hadn't heard of this forum before, but I already can tell that I am going to be at home here. :) *hugs key* Thanks for all your hard work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i will try to stop buying Yaoi stuff and i will try to keep pay less to help donate Yaoiotaku! thank you for the hardwork

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and others~!

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the information! How much should members be donating, if one out of five people donated? How many members are donating? Please don't dissappear!!

-Vicki

We have at the moment 35600 active members, so, if 1 out of 5 members would donate, each would need to donate $0.05 so the goal would be reached. But yeah, it's hard, cause not everyone has the possibility or a PayPal account. You can see each month who has donated

. On this occasion, we's like to thank everyone who has donated and those who had the intention to, even if they didn't have the possibility.

Guys, I do understand that most of us here don't have the spare money to donate, some of us don't even use dollar as a current coin. But if everyone donates a little, just a little. That small ammount that you would spend on some cheap chocolate, that extra soda you gave up on getting. If everyone were to make a small part, the whole would be so much more than the forum needed that they would be able to get all the resources back.

And so, here, I would like to make a promisse (actually, it's something I have been doing, but would now like to make official).

, every month I'll donate 50 bucks to keep this awesome community going, and whenever I'm able to afford a little more (like I was this month), I'll also do so.

I invite more people willing to help YaoiOtaku survive to join me in this promisse. You don't have to compromise 50 bucks, I believe that any 1 dolar helps, anything you can spare in behalf of this comunity. Who's with me?

Thank you for all your support. We really appreciate your efforts in order to help this community. Yes, you're right, every small amount counts. When it's the time to pay for the server, even $1 can make the difference. Thank you once again!

Is there another way to donate, except from Paypal? I want to help if possible.

Currently PayPal is the only available option. We tried different alternative methods, like mobile donations, but their fees are way too high. Say, someone donates $10, the phone company gets $8 and the site gets $2, so, basically we were forced to stick to PayPal.

I'll go get back my debit card from mom. I have at least a few dollars to spare. I've used PayPal before, so it should be easy. Also, I'll be getting a part time job soon(as in around a few months, ugh the wait), then I'll finally be able to contribute something. I'll try to donate at least 5 dollars each month until the job comes to me, I'm sorry it's so little. It sucks not having something to support my own lifestyle.

I will try to make a Paypal account, since I have a credit card. I might beep you in pm if I don't know how. :D

Thank you! Small amounts count, any help is really appreciated (:

No problem, if you need help, feel free to PM me (:

Guys, I do understand that most of us here don't have the spare money to donate, some of us don't even use dollar as a current coin. But if everyone donates a little, just a little. That small ammount that you would spend on some cheap chocolate, that extra soda you gave up on getting. If everyone were to make a small part, the whole would be so much more than the forum needed that they would be able to get all the resources back.

And so, here, I would like to make a promisse (actually, it's something I have been doing, but would now like to make official).

, every month I'll donate 50 bucks to keep this awesome community going, and whenever I'm able to afford a little more (like I was this month), I'll also do so.

I invite more people willing to help YaoiOtaku survive to join me in this promisse. You don't have to compromise 50 bucks, I believe that any 1 dolar helps, anything you can spare in behalf of this comunity. Who's with me?

I promise to donate a small amount each month to help. If we are more it will be easier.