the saddest anime you have seen or (a sad moment) ?

sarah3161

It is a large list.

1.- Berserk. You either cry in a corner or vomit. You may end up doing both at the same time anyways.

2.- Mawaru Penguindrum.

3.- D. Gray-Man.

4.- Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Don't make me tell you about it.

5.- Neon Genesis Evangelion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belita

• JenovaVII

• hama71

• Nayru

ANOHANA... really made me cry a lot

I second that. Cried so much watching this one. I also remember crying while watching Angel Beats. So those are top 2 saddest anime I've seen.

As for the saddest scenes in an anime it's definitely L's death in Death Note. He is top 3 my most favorite characters and the whole scenes was so well made.. And I just like to pretend that this is where the anime ended cause it went downhill after this point imo.

i don't usually watch sad anime...so i can only remember two that made me cry hard...

Winter Cicadas (and that my friends is a yaoi)

and

Clannad... most of my crying happened with Ushio in the story..

TOP CRY LOUDLY AND SUFFER experience- CLANNAD.

It made me cry, laugh and suffer. I felt with them. Their problems, happiness and joy; gush!

It isn't common to see Anime/Movie characters developing and changing over time.

Usually fictional characters( Anime/Movie) do not really change; ok, they do in some way. They change clothes/accessorizes which is a symbolical way to show the viewer that they changed.

( Western culture empathizes this kind of Cinema- Symbolism)

In CLANNAD there were some mistakes, eyesores, but I still can saythat characters metamorphosed. Aside from get older they got wiser, they changed their point of view on life et ctera, et cetera.

I love CLANNAD!

Fin!

I Think for me the saddest one.. was maybe ,... Clannad..

- - - Updated - - -

i don't usually watch sad anime...so i can only remember two that made me cry hard...

Winter Cicadas (and that my friends is a yaoi)

and

Clannad... most of my crying happened with Ushio in the story..

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
... isnt Winter Cicadas ... a sidestory or story inside the manga HARU WO DAITE ITE from the mangaka . NITTA YOUKA!!

i've watched Grave of The Fireflies...

that's the saddest anime i've ever watch even it's an old anime movie but i still watch it untill not, and everytime i asked my friends to watch it, they always end up by crying

so i highly recomended you :):)

• 5 months later...

Uraboku

Yuki just makes me cry the way he wants to understand how people feel and connect with people. He wants to take on people's emotional burden so they do not have to carry the load alone. I think that is beautiful and painful (I can understand how he would feel and how he wants others to feel).

Best anime I have watched thus far!

• 2 months later...

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

It was the saddest one for me I cry all night till I sleep I swear :Red_fox4:

Hmm. . .*Thinking* . . In my Humble opinion i think it would be *The Grave of The Fireflies*

No Matter how many times i watched it i would Still cry over it again & again -__-"

The Whole thing is Just Sad

Mine would be Ano Hana and Bokura ga Ita. Made me cry a bucket of tears, like seriously. ._. Took me days to move on.

Hmm. . .*Thinking* . . In my Humble opinion i think it would be *The Grave of The Fireflies*

No Matter how many times i watched it i would Still cry over it again & again -__-"

The Whole thing is Just Sad

I agree with you on that @%1;.

The first time I watched Grave of the Fireflies was for a class activity. I thought it was just some anime about war and stuff but deymm.. if it weren't for the classmates and classroom setting I'd cry buckets of tears. I just had to hold back my tears. leaf4

It gave me the same feeling as to when I watched a documentary on NatGeo about the aftermath of the Japan 'quake. Heart-wrenching. :leaf9:

AIR TV was pretty sad.

I tend to pick the character who dies as my fav in anime about 90% of the time.

I've cried watching many many shows for example : Code Geass R2, Gargantia, Chrno Crusade, CLANNAD after story/movie, Shounen Onyouji (the drama CDs get me too), Guilty Crown, PSYCHO-PASS, true tears & kobato., Kamisama no Inai Nichiyōbi, Soredemo Sekai.... this list truly is pretty long. It's embarrassing really.

• 7 months later...

Your lie in April-

This anime has to be the saddest thing i have watching in forever. I usually try to avoid all the messy wet pillow from tears but I'm a musician so I couldn't help it! >.

• 3 months later...

Wolf Children is the anime that made me the saddest to date. The ending was so bittersweet and brilliantly written. I love when I can find anime that makes me feel emotion like that.

I think i have a lot (?) I don't know why, but i'm pretty emotional when it comes to watching or reading fictions. Let's see,

I cried at Clannad. Ano Hana,

Anime movies..

5 cm per seconds (does damn trains T-T)

Grave of the fireflies ( T-T i better stop )