• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• Justme

• Karin

• BlueNeon

Top Posters In This Topic

XD i can't believe i did not read this thread along time ago. Thanks

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
\m/

I can't wait *^*

• 2 months later...

UPPUDEETO [.update]

Hello everyone!

I've been awfully busy and tired these few past months, which is the reason (partly)

why the process of releasing is so slowed down.

I'll be moving to another country shortly, and I am buried with work.

However, I am trying my best to stock up the team with a lot of translations.

Before I take a short hiatus (up to 1-2 weeks hopefully) I am trying my best to

prepare the following chapters:

-> Kouryaku Syndrome CHAPTER 5

-> Mobile Sweet Honey CHAPTER 4-5

-> Otonari no Nikushokujuu CHAPTER 4-5

-> Uso Mitai na Hanashi Desu ga CHAPTER 3-4

This month hopefully we'll be able to release already done projects,

such as:

-> Ueta Aikata EXTRA 01

-> Kouryaku Syndrome CHAPTER 4

-> Otonari no Nikushokujuu CHAPTER 3

The second EXTRA (and last) of Ueta Aikata will be released as soon as I get back on track;

the translator for this one is not me, so I have to recheck the translation before the release.

Same goes for the Kouryaku series.

Thank you for the patience and I am sorry for being such a snail. T~T)/

SagaドS

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

UPPUDEETO [.update]

Hello everyone!

I was browsing around the web, checking on some updates. Not certainly ours or who shared our projects.

I also checked some shoujo manga's I am 'stalking'. And I feel so disappointed.

First. Disrespect to max.

Second. Ignorance.

Third. Selfishness.

On projects that involve YaoiOtaku.

Please, do understand that there is nothing bad at 'granting' yaoi fans' requests.

You don't hate the scanlator group and calling them 'pitiful' or 'resentful' for picking some kind of shit-plot.

While you state 'other manga titles are more cooler'. Well, if so come at us, the scanlator groups, request of us.

Don't go and throw your hate that we are 'resentful' because the plot sucks. I think it's very cool when one group

doesn't pick their manga based only on hot art (though I,myself, prefer beautiful art) or only hentai scenes.

Personally I think that having different 'kinds' of manga titles (from cool plot to cool art only) is pretty neat.

More or less, we take on many requests, but whenever one of the translators is free, we also translate things 'we' like.

However, throwing your hate at the scanlator groups...is ugly.

Now to the other part, involving all translators.

No one was born perfect nor died as such. But to go and bash a translator for doing a free job, that's...disgusting.

Whenever I see someone being mean to a translator who I don't even know, I stand up for them. Why?

Because we grow better in translating, we get better at using words and expressions. We get better at putting the words

in such a way that you fans go crazy and you scream. But no one even gives a thought when in their 'fangirl/fanboy' mode

that it was the translator's skills that brought the original language 'power' forth. Japanese and Chinese are strong and full

with meaningful things, it is really hard to bring that forth in English. Not to mention we are not even native speakers.

But when you go on sites and you spit on our work, "It was a shit. That translator better stops translating, he is ruining the manga-ka's coolness'.

Oh. I see. We ruin now the manga. Not like you do understand the manga when it is in its RAW version, huh? Or you enjoy watching only black-and-white images and 'making up' your own story plot?

I don't get the hate, really. And it's very ugly when you throw your rocks at translators. Because we are humans,too. We don't appear on the vast stage,to get your 'thanks' personally. But now and then, we sneak from behind the curtains to take a peek. How did we do? Because no one is praising us and we gain nothing. So how did we do? Good? Not good? We should work better!

Yes, these last lines are what any translator secretly keeps within. But when you keep abusing their 'will', you discourage a human being, not a translation-software. Go damn abuse Google translator to your likes, but not human beings. Because I even met people who rather preferred spitting on my Japanese knowledge but standing up for 'Google translator' "skills". Please, do mind your language. Because it can hurt people.

That being said, I shall keep on standing up for the shy part of the translator-world.

Thank you for the attention.

SagaドS

@

-san

It's sad that they are haters in the manga world too!! cheetah2 I respect all translators for their dedication and hard work. Thank you all! cheetah10

it’s actually pretty sad that you have to bring up this.. wow haters are just everywhere -_- the appreciation of your work should go without saying!! Anyway you have more admirer who appreciate your work ^^ so thank you

-sigh- Why is there people who say these mean things to the translators... It's not like everybody is immediately a pro when they start, right? You should also be thankful that they are there to translate the manga for you from japanese to english (or other languages).

Thank you all for encouraging the translators and being by their side with your thoughts.

It's ugly to laugh at someone who is trying their best. And such people irritate me, so I had to rant.

I bet that at least one translator has been pushed to 'giving up' because of such *****.

(*censors himself for he really likes manners and the good language etiquette.*)

That being said,

we shall keep on doing our best from the shadows. *laughs*

-san

Way to go!~~ More power guys! cheetah10

For the haters!~~~ cheetah12

And I came here thinking there was something funny for me to read. (Note: the 'you' I'm gonna use is not addressed to anyone, just talking in general about translators). If you make yourself an image of either singer, actor, translator, whatever, you should be prepared to deal with people who might not share your opinion or who might even criticize your style. And yea, you do your job for free in your free time to help folks understand mangas because you want to do that.

'But when you go on sites and you spit on our work, "It was a shit. That translator better stops translating, he is ruining the manga-ka's coolness'.' -> And who the 8888 cares? Best voices in the world received rude words, there's nothing you can do so you can assure your 'loved by anyone' position, deal with it. If you're sensitive when it comes to public reaction, you don't even need to state you're the translator. Some do free things to receive appreciation, others do it out of love. If you love something, you don't expect something in return. And sorry if I seem rude, but I only see wasted energy of people that could've talked about something else, something fun and even educational, including me.

Why does it always have to be about different opinions turned into dramas?

I appreciate the work every translator does, 'cause obv I don't do asian languages, but only if they do it out of love or passion for art and fiction and fellow consumers.

I think every translator does it out of love and maybe to use it as a training to improve their language, but they still must feel bad when they hear "this translator should stop translating".

But you know what guys? Give a fu** on their fu**ing hatred and continue your work that is appreciated by thousands of TRUE manga fans! rabbit14

Who doesn't like should not read. lol

I think every translator does it out of love and maybe to use it as a training to improve their language, but they still must feel bad when they hear "this translator should stop translating".

But you know what guys? Give a fu** on their fu**ing hatred and continue your work that is appreciated by thousands of TRUE manga fans! rabbit14

Who doesn't like should not read. lol

Agree, who wouldn't feel bad, but then you can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches. ;) And you can't blame them for their tastes. Accept their point of view, try to improve your skills, tell your mom or friend and that's it. No need to go all public.

Agree, who wouldn't feel bad, but then you can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches. ;) And you can't blame them for their tastes. Accept their point of view, try to improve your skills, tell your mom or friend and that's it. No need to go all public.

That's what I'm saying! If they don't like it they should skip the manga and shut the fu** up not cry like little babies.

That's what I'm saying! If they don't like it they should skip the manga and shut the fu** up not cry like little babies.

I'm not really sure of who are we talking about anymore, but totally agree with you! XD

I'm not really sure of who are we talking about anymore, but totally agree with you! XD

I am talking about the haters of course! If they don't like a manga they should fu**ing skip it not tell the translator to stop translating!

I am talking about the haters of course! If they don't like a manga they should fu**ing skip it not tell the translator to stop translating!

It's not the manga, they simply don't like the way the translator made the translation or can't find it satisfying. I did mention it was rude of them to tell them to stop, but we should as well realise people have different tastes and respect their point of veiw. Don't call them haters, it's exactly the same thing they did. I have at least some expectations..

You don't hate the scanlator group and calling them 'pitiful' or 'resentful' for picking some kind of shit-plot.

While you state 'other manga titles are more cooler'. Well, if so come at us, the scanlator groups, request of us.

Don't go and throw your hate that we are 'resentful' because the plot sucks.

Didn't you read that they criticized the translation group for picking a manga that doesn't have such a good plot??

That's why I said they shouldn't complain if they don't like the manga and call the translator group "pitiful". That's simply hateful!

And yes I will call them haters! And you seem to state it's okay for haters to say "stop translate the manga because I don't like it" but it's not ok for the translator groups to "go public" and defend themselves??

I'm sorry but in this case you seem one of the haters too!

@

@

Please keep conversations in nice terms. The thread has been temporary closed as it seems the current conversation is leading to an unnecessary dispute.

Just woke up from a nap, not sure if I will keep the post coherent, and without typos.

I wondered whether to post or not, it seemed to have turned into a delicate topic. I understand you open the thread to read something funny, since almost all posted up until now was funny or I intended to be so. But when I got mixed with irritation and rather gloominess, I wondered where to write my thoughts so it even reaches other possible translators. I didn't post it to make people confront each other and their opinions, but to reach other translators who I know are on YO and aren't part of our team. They are awesome people who I am sure struggle, too. I have been for a long time a translator, in the past I belonged to a team that translated famous anime series. But today I am from an awesome team called 'YaoiOtaku', so I thought I'd likely post in our 'Backstage'.

I don't find it bad that all of you spoke your mind on it, nor I expected all of you to take my side, and point at me as some kind of a 'justice-figure'. If anything, I am a human and I can be in wrong, too. Of course it's okay to have 'expectations', who doesn't. And like always 'expectations' are what 'bring us down'. However, I also stated that we struggle to get better, so we meet expectations.

I like honest people and blunt ones, I myself am one which not always is liked or welcomed; but this is who I am. The post I made wasn't to relive my anger, nor to make a drama. It was a shout out for all the people that have struggles in such situations and their spirit is brought down. If I knew that I'd be misunderstood in such a way that it would lead two nice users to hit a disagreement, I'd have kept my opinion to myself. But I also know that YaoiOtaku greets people in with different opinions and tastes; this was actually the courage I had when I posted my blunt thoughts, that no matter how different we all are, somehow people would try to see my side or try to wear my shoes.

I am sorry

and
if the topic I brought in was a reason to have your day ruined. It wasn't my intention. That being said, I thank to both of you for stating your opinion. (:

- Saga

• 4 weeks later...

Update

------

Otonari no Nikushokujuu

So I was both editing and translating, when this hilarious feeling hits.

When you are translating + editing a hot scene;

tumblr_ljvlfeU5EN1qit92oo1_500.gif

Then suddenly you notice someone is right next to you;

tumblr_mmkgacYvz31sqy5fio1_500.gif

. GET OUT OF MY ROOM.

tumblr_n5fwjeZiGM1s6gs3io10_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

project // otonari no nikushokujuu

Hello!

Thanks to
nanakat
who noticed we missed two pages from chapter 4th,

which are actually not part of the main story but an extra-like,

we will be releasing that old extra with chapter 6th (the last chapter) extra.

The project will be completed with the next update.

Once again, we are sorry for missing the two extra pages.

Best regards,

Saga ドS.

Thank you for the hard work guys! :In love:

The post above is so funny! I can relate to it perfectly when I'm caught reading yaoi!! :Excited: