What was the first japanese/korean band you've heard?

zemhi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jin.

• Andro

• Tsetsua

• morning_flower94

My first Japanese band was D. I heard their song What is Going On with the Human in the movie trailer for Goth - Love of Death and fell in love :)

Korean... DBSK's Mirotic via a MattxMello fanfic. Years on, they both are still my favorite artists from each genre.

hmmm...I think the first japanese band I heard was L'Arc~en~Ciel

and the first korean group I heard was TVXQ (when all 5 of them first started)~

3e3b97be13d54c6da1fb4e97c5a58cbf.jpeg

BIGBANG was my first love in KPOP. T.O.P. my ultimate bias, hence, the reason behind my username.top.jpg

You can never go wrong in Jrock listening to Gazette.

• Like 2

Guest FujoshiFTW

I have liked k-pop and I still do now. SUJU ALL THE WAY~ my top three for them are; hangeng, siwon/zhou mi, and yesung. I also like big bang, shinee and dbsk. As for j-pop/j-rock, my favourite bands are an cafe, the gazette and alice nine.

Well,my first j-rock band was The gazette! x3 ohh!~ i am still obsessed with them! XDD i remember the first song i heard from them was Wakaremichi!

Andd my first K-pop band was SHINee!~

Japanese: Nightmare - Sekai wo (Death Note opening). They were the first I listened to, but Alice Nine is what got me into JRock in general. Still like Nightmare, though.

Korean: Loveholic - ending theme song of Black Blood Brothers

loveholic--img-mf12b57d118c3716abc3e4e32b3a909e9.jpg

Jisun's voice is amazing. (It's too bad she decided to go solo. They were so good together.)

My answer is amazingly enough the same as Miro's.

My first Japanese band was Dir en Grey when they were into the visual kei. That is what caught my eye...

DEG.jpg

As for Korean band the wonderful and exciting music of DBSK....

Hotness.jpg

my first japanese band would be X-Japan. And yeah, I still love the song 'Forever Love'. One of my favourite!

and for korean band, SUJU I guess. Not remembered though. I don't hear kpop as much as jpop/jrock.

I'm quite new at this, but I keep doing my researchs....

My first japanese was Malice Mizer ( thanks to Nezu)

My first korean was Dbsk ( think... thanks to Chia)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't remember...I've been listening to Japanese bands like...

ever since...because I always watch anime even before..(Thats because I thought anime and cartoons are the same...except that animes are way better)....

But...I think The first Korean Band for me was Girls Generation....and the 2ne1....XD

Actually the first band, i'm not sure if i can call it a band... well i guess i acn :p it was j-pop... ON/OFF (twins)

From there i end up, god knows how, in Screw (jrock).

After that was my forever beloved Gazette! just love them ^^

short story... :p

Some random Naruto openings were my first likable japanese songs. But I don't know who were my first japanese bands, I think it was: Yousei Teikoku.... when i was 11... maybe ON/OFF too since it was the openings of my fave anime...

I...forgot the first Japanese band I ever heard. But I do remember my first Korean one: Super Junior. My online friend shared it to me.

I still remember laughing over their band name. (No offense or anything, but...)

I'm pretty sure the very first Japanese band I'v heard was T.M.Revolution, with their 1/3 Junjou na Kanjou song which was used as an opening for the old Rurouni Kenshin anime. I still like T.M.Revo to this day (his songs for the Sengoku Basara series are pure genius *___*).

But back in the day I didn't know the name of the band, nor did I realize that anime openings and endings were actual band songs I think XXD