Zaney

Summary: Cody and Drake sacrifice their lives for love's sake.

This is inspired the scene under the bridge in Darren Shan's Cirque Du Freak series. If you've read it, you'll understand.

Please enjoy.

"I can't!" I shook my head back and forth quickly, my brown hair moving along with my head. Tears filled in my eyes as I looked down at the boy I loved so much. His dark red eyes were pleading with me, begging me to... To stab him. Free him from the monster he was becoming.

"You have to! Please, Cody! If you don't, terrible things will happen!" I started shaking as a few sobs and tears slipped passed my guard.

"No... D-Drake, I c-can't!" he grabbed my face by my cheeks and looked into my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I-I l-love y-you!" I cried, shutting my eyes tightly. I felt something soft and warm against my lips. Opening my eyes again, I gasped. Drake's tongue took advantage of the opening and slipped his tongue into my mouth, trying to get mine to play with him. I looked at his face. It seemed to be in pure heaven. I started kissing back and closed my eyes slowly. We parted, me keeping my eyes shut.

"I love you too, Cody. That's why I have to do this." I opened my eyes just in time to see him drive the blade into his heart. I cried out and gripped the hand that held the knife.

"D-Drake! Why?!"

"B-Because... I... Love y-you..." he whispered breathily. He fell onto his back and his breath became staggering.

"Drake!" I fell onto my knees next to him and held his upper body in my arms. "Stay with me! We can get help, Drake! We could-"

"No, Cody... If I... Stay... You'd die..."

"I'd rather die then be without you anyway!" I yelled at him. His eyes were getting hazy. I only had a few minutes. He caressed my cheek.

"Take it..." he held his other hand out to me. I opened my hand below it and he dropped a ring into it. "What a... Way to... Propose, right?" he smiled and gave a breathy laugh. I looked at his now closed eyes.

"You were going to...?"

"Yeah..." I grabbed the blade off the ground and pressed my lips to Drake's as I cut a deep line on my wrists.

"Now we'll be together." I said. He opened his eyes slightly.

"I love..." and he was gone. I smiled as tears fell down my cheeks and I brushed some hair out of his face. I kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." I closed his eyes and sat back, waiting for enough blood to leave my body.

~The End~

• Like 4

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zaney

• Akito18

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic