The Fight or Flight Syndrome - (Private w/ darkestburningstar)

theblackdog

The smell of old musk lingered in the cavern deep beneath the earth. Cob webs and layers of dust upon relics giving the tell sign of years of neglect. At the edge of the entrance stood an unwavering man with long black hair, deep blue eyes glowing in the utter darkness of the cave. Behind him several feet laid a cocoon weaved of silk like texture surrounded by rock jutting from the earth where a silhouette of another man of equal appearance slumbered. It had been several years of quiet, not a single soul had dared wandered into this tomb and the unending silence prevailed. However, this night, the demon in his sleep was beginning to stir. There was at first a quiet rumbling beneath Xaldin's feet that quickly escalated into a quake causing him to catch himself on a wall as he recovered his balance. The earth around the sleeping man began to crumble and fall to a pile of shard debris and with a heavy sigh, Depp rose to a sitting position his eyes barely able to open straining into the darkness.

Xaldin composed himself and stepped closer to him, his eyes dull with interest. "Ah, so you're awake... To what do we own this honor?" His voice was low void of emotion. Depp stretched out his muscles and slipped his legs over the side and finally stood without stumbling or falling over. "Don't sound too excited now... " His voice was husky and rough having not used it for such a long time. Xaldin stepped aside and allowed Depp some room to step by him making his way to the entrance where a small stream of moonlight peered in. He gazed over the horizon and held a small smile becoming aware of the time and date almost as if he had some form of omnipresence. "There's something in the air these days. I haven't been dreaming lately. It's almost... unsettling." He spoke softly, turning his body slightly to look over to Xaldin. The other man simply watched in silence before walking to his side and staring at him blankly. "Then shall we go?" He finally said which earned a grin from Depp. "Yes, I hope you stocked up!" He sounded excited, darting off ahead of Xaldin and making his way up a hill until they hit a large castle nuzzled in the earth.

It was bleak, falling part, more or less gutted from ages of weathering. However Depp still considered it home. As he made his way inside he breathed in the old stench and sighed contently. "Man I miss this place. It's nice to be home again." He didn't take his time making his way to main dining hall and positioned himself by a set of large cabinets which revealed to him several shelves of various liquor. He grabbed at the brandy first and hastily poured a drink downing one after the other. Xaldin stepped quietly behind him several feet and watched, turning down an offer to join him. "Depp, perhaps you should feed first. I could gather a few demons and such, you're looking skinny." He commented as his eyes trailed over Depp's rather emaciated form. Depp shook his head and continued his binge drinking. "Don't be silly! There will be time for that, I just want to enjoy being awake." He retorted in between another shot. He lost count at 20 and fell into a chair with a half empty bottle in his hand and a small glass in the other. His expression looked rather irritated. "You now, you'd think in my state I'd be feeling it by now... God this never ceases to annoy the hell out of me." He said gruffly, slamming the glass down on the table.

Xaldin remained standing and shot a look across the room before returning his gaze to Depp. "I'm going to keep watch outside. You are right about one thing, your state is something to be weary about and other demons will know this especially once they figure out you're awake. You should eat...soon!" He advised. Depp glanced up then back at the table. "I suppose... But you should take a break yourself, you can't just stand guard your whole life!" The other tapped a large elaborate staff he was carrying and turned his head away. "Actually I can..." The eternal time keeper spoke hoarsely before exiting the room. He found a position at the top of one of the castle's towers and leaned forward against the wall, relaxing into his position. Depp remained inside continuing his journey to drunkenness, never relieved of his sober state.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theblackdog

• darkestburningstar

Kensuke ran through the forest weaving through the old trees avoiding the arrows being shot at him. "Come on guy...can't we talk this out? I'm not all bad." He pleaded narrowly avoided the next arrow and went behind a very large oak climbing it in hopes of elude his hunter listening quietly before cursing and ducking out of the branch and continued weaving through the trees of the deep forest avoiding another arrow as it was fired his way. "Come here you heathen creature its time you joined the others." Came another voice it was deep and full of hatred for Kensuke. A sigh and the silvery blonde Kensuke continued going through the forest finding that it wandered upwards as if to a hill. He listened for the sound of the next arrow to be knocked into place by the hunter before going up the next branch making sure to meld with the shadows and leave his image hoping to fool this hunter of his race how he had come across this man he wasn't sure but every fiber of his being was telling him to escape this man. Kensuke listened for his hunter's footsteps but was surprised that they were not present.

He studied his surroundings wondering what made the hunter not follow him anymore and noticed something up on the hill which surprised him that it was surrounded by such a deep dense forest. Curiosity burned through him and he slowly made his way up the hill and heard quite clearly his hunter yelling out in anger. "You got lucky this time phoenix but your mine I will get you." Kensuke then pondered what was up with this hill that the hunter didn't follow him up here. He noticed an old weathering and rather large castle as he drew nearer to it his curiosity got that better of him and he hadn't noticed his hunter's approach to have him in view and fired an arrow at him hitting Kensuke in the shoulder blade causing the scent of blood to hit the air. Biting back a cry of pain Kensuke turned around to face his hunter ignoring the arrow and his eyes flashed crimson with a spinning ring of flame around his pupil his right hand went to the arrow and broke off the arrowhead and pulling out the shaft with his left and flash stepped up to the castle. Making sure his hunter was not running up the hill to the castle and with a sword hoping to turn him to ash.

A grateful sigh escaped his lips and he sneaked into the old castle hoping for some refuge and making his hunter give up the hunt. His eyes returned to their haunting crystal blue hue. He kept his hand to his wound waiting for his regeneration to kick in but knew his wound would still bleed a little. He raised his fingers to his nose smelling a poison and couldn't help but think of his hunter as an amateur. He put his hand on the wall and sighed unaware of the castle being inhabited and that the scent of his blood would attract attention. Kensuke then began to explore the part of the castle he was in though it was furnished it seemed empty. He neared a set of double doors and was curious what was behind it was it the main dining area or did it lead to a library of some sort. Tentatively he put a hand on the hand and looked around before putting the smallest of pressure on the handle unsure of whether or not to open the door.

Xaldin straightened himself readily, the heavy pounding of footsteps off in the distance ringing in his sharp ears. He stepped back beneath a pavilion shrouding himself in shadows. Moments later he appeared at the foot of the castle and stepped carefully over the dead grass peering down into the forest. He closed his eyes and gripped his staff firmly. Suddenly a howl erupted from afar piercing through the air reaching the far corners of the forest and castle. As he opened his eyes deep growls appeared from behind, the forms of wolves materializing around him. Xaldin let out a small sigh and tilted his stuff forward, the wolves bounded forward, snarling towards the hunters. He turned away and concentrated on a particular scent of blood mixed with poison and slowly made his way inside.

Depp sniffed the air and raised an eyebrow before rising to his feet and setting down his drink. There was a creak at the door and he moved away from it, his eyes flashing blue momentarily but he hardly had the strength to transform. The stench of blood however was motivating and instead of moving away from it he started towards it, flinging the door the rest of the way open and pouncing on the form behind it, knocking him down to the ground. He stared at a bloody wound and licked his lips, his eyes lost in a blood thirsty trance as they melted into a deep red hue. Before he could sink his teeth in he was pulled off by the collar and thrown back into his chair across the room. Xaldin stared at him for a second then glanced down at the stranger now sprawled on the floor. Depp growled lowly and tried to rise to his feet but Xaldin simply pushed him back down. "I'm hungry damn it. Didn't you say I needed to eat?" He hissed, his fangs dripping with hungry.

Xaldin tilted his head and observed the man on the ground. "Unless you want poison coursing through your veins, I wouldn't advise eating off this thing." He finally said, stepping back slightly giving the man room to stand on his own. "You are strange indeed, I couldn't hardly detect you coming... You aren't..." He paused, probing the man's head for a moment. "I see... Well be lucky you're poisoned, otherwise you'd be dinner." He simply said before turning away and stepping towards Depp. He bent down and whispered quietly in his ear. "Let it live?" Depp stared at the man for a moment then nodded, trailing his eyes over the man's appealing form. "Go ahead, he is a sight for sore eyes." He smiled softly at the man, his aroma sweetening the air about them. "So what brings you to my humble abode?" He asked as he rose to his feet and stepped slowly around the man's form, his eyes going up and down his body.

Kensuke blinked in surprise when he felt someone tackle him to the floor. He was about to react when he felt the weight come off and in his shock left his sprawled image on the floor then stepping out of the shadows and looked at Xaldin and his expression showed disbelief at being called a thing before he pouted slightly. His gaze went over both men and noted their similar appearances. Kensuke then concentrated on the man in the chair who had fangs and appeared quite hungry he looked at his wound and realized it was him he was tackled to the ground by. "Thing? You make it sound like I'm about to turn to ash on your floor here at any minute. Poison is an amateur attempt at those hunters trying to kill me." He joked with ease.

As they conversed over keeping him alive he ran a hand through his silvery blonde hair making sure not to taint it with the blood of his right hand as it fell away from the wound to see if it healed. As Depp circled him his eyes going up and down Kensuke's form he would see the arrow wound seal up and the skin was brand new leaving no trace of having being hit by the poisoned arrow. "About time it kicked in god damn regeneration having to be so picky." Kensuke would then recall what Xaldin said about barely being able to detect him and made a face as if he wasn't poisoned. His haunting crystal blue eyes followed Depp before turning to look at Xaldin.

"Ne, What does being poisoned feel like anyway?" He asked as if he was clueless of it running completely and utterly useless through his veins. At Depp's question he pointed to the hole in his shirt and then motioned behind him. "Oh hoping to have a small safe haven from the guys outside and hope they give up the hunt for one of the last remaining shadow phoenixes on the planet. Well I'm one of the few males left at least always want to get rid of us first." He said making joke out of his predicament like it happened all the time to him. His haunting crystal blue hues would then go back to watching Depp circle him and cleared his throat offering him a kind smile. "So! Since i was almost dinner do I get the pleasure of knowing your name?" He asked Depp curiosity was evident in his tone.

Xaldin raised an eyebrow then set his staff against a nearby wall clearing his throat quietly. "Forgive me, I wasn't aware I was in the presence of a dying breed. It's rather unfortunate." He spoke softly his eyes rendering an emotion similar to sadness. He eyed the man carefully and offered a rather small smile. "My pack was rather hungry, I believe they are enjoying your hunters as we speak." He stepped past the men and stopped mid way in the corridor, turning slightly towards them. "I need to make sure the vermin have been taken care of. Please play nice." A smirk curled on his lips before he slipped into the shadows and dissipated.

Depp stopped in front of the male and folded his arms, his long hair draping over his shoulders. "I'm Depp... The pleasure is all mine." His hand came up to his chin and he offered a small modest tip of the head. "Dinner looks so good but I'd hate to waste you." He pouted faintly taking a step closer to Ken. He lifted his hand to gently run it down the man's cheek and caressed the edge of his jaw line. Biting down on his lip he couldn't control a growing need inside of him but he did what he could to suppress it. "And you handsome?" He asked in return, his honey brown eyes peering through bangs falling over his face.

Ken looked at Xaldin as he apologized and his haunting crystal blue hues watched his expression before he chuckled lightly at the dying breed part before he sighed softly and then pursed his lips together as if trying to picture a pack of wolves eating his hunters. At the comment play nice he raised a silvery blonde eyebrow before regarding Depp once more and interested expression crossing his features when he heard Depp's introduction. He would then cross his arms over his chest and dip his head forward. His haunting crystal blue hues watched Depp and he chuckled at the dinner reference again and decided to make a joke. "Am I the only good looking dinner you've seen there has to be someone out there tastier than little old me."

He closed his eyes his eyes for a split second and recalled Depp's faint pout and pursed his lips together in thought about to crack another joke before his haunting crystal blue hues open and watched Depp lift his hand to touch his cheek and caress his jaw line. Ken would let out a content sigh before he realized it looked at Depp as he asked for his name. "My name is Kensuke but you can call me Ken." His gaze would then met the honey brown hues that peeked at him from underneath Depp's bangs.

Ken raised his hand for a second and paused at Depp's hair his fingers lightly touching a lock curious of its texture and slightly amazed of its length. "How did you get it to grow out so long? Mine won't even do that." He said his tone slightly envious of Depp's hair. He recalled Depp calling him handsome and he grinned crookedly. "If I'm handsome then you must be gorgeous." Ken still played with the lock of hair before going back to look at Depp's honey brown eyes. His haunting crystal blue hues would then go over to the cabinets then eyed the bottle by where Depp was sitting.

Depp flinched very slightly as Ken's hand ran through his hair, narrowing his eyes. He could feel his skin begin to crawl and the temperature in his core started to rise very slowly. He almost couldn't help himself as he rose his hand to grab Ken's moving it away from his face. He gazed deeply into those blue eyes as his own began to speckle with red and blue. "You don't understand what I am... I am very hungry, in all aspects." He retorted in a hushed voice, almost growling it out. He took a step towards him, closing off the distance between them by mere inches. "I would love to help you by giving you shelter and a safe haven but I would need something in return." The words slithered from his lips as he peered up at the taller male, his body subtly quivering as a hand reached up and traced a line on Ken's chest, his nail cutting a small incision through the fabric of his shirt.

A sweet smell of petals floated in the air about him, an enticing aroma emitting from his body as his eyes trailed down from Ken's eyes and neck, lingering a pulsating vein beneath his skin. He recalled Xaldin warning him and dismissed the notion of drinking any blood from him. However he knew there were other ways he could feed and the energy Ken put out was very appetizing. He bit down on his lower his lip, hiding a sly smirk as he kept his face as serious as he could without the hunger showing through. "You've caught me at a very bad time, you see, I've just awoken from a long rest and I tend to be very vulnerable..." He admitted, his heart beginning to pick up a pace as anxious feeling settled inside him. "I'm so very hungry and I'm afraid if I don't do something about it I won't be able to help you." He finished, his eyes gazing back up into those blue hues flickering in the dim light. He somehow found the strength to probe lightly into the out barrier of Ken's mind, the power of influence and persuasion subliminally implanting itself to the best of his ability at this point.

Ken looked at Depp as he closed the distance between them and he listened to Depp speak. His haunting crystal blue gaze never left the honey brown hues as the began to speckle with blue and red. A curious expression appeared on his face he was sure as Depp raised a hand and traced a line across his chest and he sighed contently before he raised an eyebrow when he heard the tear of fabric. At the words of Depp needing something in return a silvery blonde eyebrow rose partial and he composed himself into a neutral expression. A small smile graced his features and he looked at their hands for a split second.

His thoughts were on Depp's next words as he spoke and Ken opened his mouth to speak. "So how can I help ease your hunger?" He asked his expression was one of complete seriousness. His haunting crystal blue eyes were sincere when he voiced his question and eyed Depp's form and he pursed his lips wondering how to form an apology though he found himself thinking of something else as he continued to stare at Depp's honey brown orbs. "If I can get it or be of any help just tell me. I'm a really reliable kind of guy even though I bring trouble sometimes." Ken spoke softly his tone dripping with sincerity and he chuckled lightly when he said the trouble sometimes. 'Whatever he needs' he thought not aware of Depp's telepathy.

He became intrigued by the man's sudden willingness and a smirk curled on his lips devilishly. He stepped just a little closer and pressed his hand onto the bare skin appearing beneath the torn slit on Ken's chest. Oddly he found Ken's remark about trouble somewhat adorable seeing how he was nothing but trouble. He felt lucky having stumbled upon such a beautiful creature or rather having Ken stumble upon him. He leaned forward slowly, inching his face closer to Ken's but stopping before his lips touched the others. He breathed in the man's scent and traced his lips down his neck very faintly, the warmth of Ken's skin causing him to purr audibly. He could smell the stench of blood pulsating beneath the surface, which to him was the sweetest scent.

His hand slowly slid down lightly grazing Ken's stomach to his lower torso before smoothing back up to rest on the nape of his neck. His other hand still held onto Ken's before letting go and slipping his hand into his own pocket. He stepped away, his hand drawing slowly away from Ken's face. He started to move back, his eyes locked onto Ken's as he stepped away and pressed himself against the table. He lifted a hand and motioned for Ken to come over, his silence and posture speaking enough words for him.

Ken watched Depp move closer and put a hand on his chest and the bear skin that appeared underneath the slit Depp had mad in the fabric of his shirt. His haunting crystal blue gaze stayed watching the male and remembered the smirk that appeared on Depp's lips and he could still feel their hands intertwined and he saw how close their lips were almost touching before he felt Depp's lips and trace his neck and Ken heard him purr audibly causing his cheeks to flush a light pink.

His eyes closed partially as he felt Depp's hand graze his stomach and lower torso before feeling Depp release his other hand and as the other trailed against his face and he opened his eyes and watched Depp move and press against the table keeping silent and motioning for Ken to move over to him. He raised and eyebrow and moved over to Depp his expression quizzical and interested in Depp's sudden silence.

He enjoyed the man's obedience and smirked at the curious expression on his face. He pushed himself up on the table and held out a hand, guiding the man closer to him pulling gently on his shirt. His eyes flashed lustfully as he looked over Ken's form, a delighted grin forming on his lips. He opened his legs open slightly to move Ken closer, running a hand down his arm. He leaned forward and pressed his lips faintly against the male's neck before nibbling on an earlobe. He trailed a kiss back down to his neck and scraped against the skin as he start to bite down into it but not enough to draw blood. He soothed over the skin with flick of his tongue then guided the man's head to face him.

He closed the distance between them and press his lips on the others gently at first then hungrily, encouraging him to open his mouth and allow his tongue to mingle with Ken's. He broke the kiss slowly moving his head back a few inches closing his eyes as he drew energy from Ken's body, slowly pulling it from his core. His body began to rise in heat and he could feel himself reviving as each second pass. He growled lowly and the rush became more intense as he pressed his open mouth against Ken's, the taste of his aura tantalizing. A few moments pass and finally he moved his head away. His arms fell from Ken's body and he sat in silence for a moment before letting out a low menacing laugh. His eyes melting in a blue haze as he looked up through his bangs. "Thank you for that appetizer." He slipped off the table and in a flash appeared by the cabinet with a drink in hand. "Tell me, how long you plan on running?" He took a sip before shooting the male a glance.

Ken took Depp's hand and let him guide him closer to Depp's feeling the tug on his shirt. He shivered lightly as he felt Depp's lips nibble his earlobe and his eyes closed in content again. They open partial when he felt Depp trail a kiss down his neck and slowly bite into but not hard enough to draw blood and he shivered again lightly as he felt Depp's tongue flick against it and open his eyes took look at Depp as he felt his head move to face Depp. Ken felt their lips touch as Depp closed off the distance between them it was gentle at first before it turned into a different kiss. He followed Depp's encouragement and closed his eyes as their tongues met. He raised an eyebrow again when Depp moved away slowly then came back and kissed him again noting the low growl before they had started again.

When Depp was done Ken opened his eyes an eyebrow raised as he heard the low menacing laugh and then Depp say thank you for the appetizer. His haunting crystal blue hues locked with Depp's blue orbs that looked up from under his bangs and Ken chuckled lightly. "Your welcome." He said politely and his gaze wandered over everything resting on Depp as he appeared in front of the cabinet with a drink in hand. At his question Ken pursed his lips and considered his options. "I don't plan to for long. I want to find out how they are making us stay ash it was obvious this group has probably accused the wrong people of being my race and were not told otherwise. Once were ash we usually reincarnate into our same bodies just with a tiny side effect which sucks. I'm lucky I haven't experienced it yet but I have been told its a pain." Ken began before pausing and looked at Depp as he was looking at him.

Depp listened with a slight nod to man's last statement. It was a rather odd species and honestly this was the first Depp had ever actually seen one in person. He took a quick shot of a brown liquor and leaned against the cabinet with a look of contemplation across his face. "I think I understand... Well you are welcome to stay here as you wish. Just as long as you can put up with me... And him." He said with a bitter sweet smile, nodding to Xaldin who had appeared in the room as he finished his sentence. He quietly stepped past Ken and eyed Depp suspiciously before looking back towards Ken, a slight furrow on his brows. "That didn't take long." His voice deep and husky, almost irritable. "I feel much better though!" Depp exclaimed as if protesting Xaldin's sourpuss mood. The other hardly offered a retort besides a faint shake of the head. He let out a small sigh and turned completely towards Ken, his back to Depp who pouted ever so slightly.

"You needn't worry about those hunters... But I fear there will be more on the way. Unfortunately you are not the only one who is attracting trouble." His eyes narrowed peering to his side as he insinuated towards Depp. "I'm not aware of the trouble you attract but this one has powerful enemies who want nothing more than to tear him apart bit by bit. I'd advise we not stay here much longer, I have sensed their growing anticipation to begin their hunt. It won't take them long to discover us." He warned, his eyes finding Ken's again. For the first time he seemed a tad nervous, his normal indifferent demeanor somehow overtaken with a mild sense of urgency. Depp shook his head and set his glass down, stepping beside Xaldin while gazing into Ken's eyes. "I guess it's just my luck. You are more than welcome to tag along but I can understand if you'd like get out of here. We do have that much in common, trouble finds us." He smirked darkly.

Ken raised an eyebrow as Depp spoke and watched his head nod toward Xaldin who appeared as Depp finished his sentence and he noticed the irritable tone coming out of Xaldin and Depp's slight pout as he turned from him. His haunting crystal blue hues stayed on Xaldin before he listened to the man speak. As Ken listened he started to levitate as he pondered his options and noticed the urgency in Xaldin's tone. "My trouble will give up for now. Though I might prove of use if I stick with you guys." Ken began at first pursing his lips and still levitating partially before stopping. He felt both of them gazing at him and looked to Xaldin before letting his gaze go to Depp.

He noticed Depp smirk darkly as he mentioned they had something in common of trouble finding them and Ken let a sly smirk cross his features and looked at one of his hands as a small flame built in his fingertips it was a very hellish flame straight from that realm itself before the flame then turned into a very bright divine light and it burned like a flame as well and then extinguished itself. "I can torch the place if we need to leave but I can see Depp is very attached to this place so I won't. Plus it must be a pain to rely on your regeneration for minor things I can fix those with a touch. Like I said I could be very beneficial if you take me along." Ken spoke softly and waited to see what they would say before he looked around let his gaze go back to both Xaldin and Depp.

Depp blinked at the floating man before he lowered himself and began toying with the brightly lit flame before itself distinguished before his eyes. He lifted an interested eyebrow and shrugged indifferently at the man's response. "It doesn't matter to me. I can always use seconds." He said with a small grin as he returned to his post by the cabinet and took another few shots. Xaldin sighed softly and folded his arms. "Then we should go. We have a contact only a day's travel away, he probably let us use his den until we can formulate a plan." He said lowly, his face contorted in thought. Depp let out a short laugh. "You know we can't just run forever. And I doubt Oshida will just be ready to take me in with open arms." He felt cold eyes on him and rolled his eyes as Xaldin stared through him. "It's either there or we could always ask if Alucard could let us stay..." His voice dripping with darkness and a hint of sarcasm.

Depp smirked at this and took another shot. "That vampiric piece of crap... He wishes he could have me." He stuck out a tongue and threw the glass to the floor. "Well, before I go throwing myself at Omni I suggest we get going and try our luck with wolf boy. You might like him, but you gotta be careful he's far better at mind games than me. He probably already knows we are coming." He chuckled lightly and started past the two men, stopping in the hallway and giving the place one last look over. With a heavy sigh he ran a hand through his long hair and kept his eyes burrowed in deep shadows cast over his face. "Well then, shall we get going?" He spoke softly. Xaldin nodded in silence and retrieved his staff from the wall. As they started out he kept to the front of the group keeping a keen eye on the terrain. Depp walked without a care in the world, a slow steady stride right beside Ken. "You know, he's not as cold as he comes off..." He tried to make small talk, referring to Xaldin. "Have you heard of the ancient gem?" He asked curiously, his eyes blinking towards Ken.

Ken looked at Depp and gave a low chuckle and listened to Xaldin speak about were they could go to formulate a plan. His eyebrow raised now as Depp said that he doubted that Oshida would take him in with open arms. He wanted to ask if this Oshida was family but dismissed the thought before it formed completely. His haunting crystal blue hues then went to Xaldin as he mentioned the name Alucard and how Xaldin's tone darkened with a hint of sarcasm. He then laughed at Depp's comment and tried not to show how he funny he thought it was. As Xaldin retrieved his staff Ken followed after them.

He looked to Depp as he spoke about Xaldin and the ancient gem. Ken closed his eyes partially and opened his mouth to speak. "I remember it vaguely from when the dark rebirth was young. " He looked to Depp and wondered if he would fill him in on what he was blanking out on. "I know it shattered and split into various directions. There was more of us then to." Ken watched Depp and let his haunting crystal blue hues watch the honey brown ones before watching Xaldin's figure. "Who is this Oshida guy?" He asked his tone was curious though he remembered Depp's comment. "If he's not fiery or mysterious he has no luck." Ken said in after thought as if Depp had plenty of those to qualities to keep him around.

Depp looked up in thought for a moment, the memories of his long existence flashing through his mind. "There isn't much history about it written or anything, but I vaguely recall Xaldin going on about it. He's been here since before it broke and was one of the first to have a shard embedded in him. He told me it was a 'glories spectacle.' I believe it was a war or something. Of all the creatures I think it an angel and a demon, both of enormous prowess and it was basically a power struggle. Man, I'd love to meet an angel, I hear they are absolutely gorgeous." He started to ramble on at this point before stopping himself and letting out a small laugh. "Anyway, Oshida is my cousin. We are distant relatives but family none the less. He is quite feisty actually, but he isn't as cool as me." He finished with a wink.

He slid his hands into his pockets and looked at ahead at Xaldin whose form was outlined in the horizon bright with moonlight. "He's a good though and I don't usually speak fondly of anyone. He's kind of like you, there aren't many of his species left and he struggles to protect his kind. If it wasn't for the fact he was family tho, I probably wouldn't get along with that pretentious bastard." He smirked faintly and lowered his gaze to the ground beneath him, the mention of family hitting deep. He was silent for a long while before breathing in sharply and seemingly shaking off those thoughts. "You have any family Ken?" He asked, glancing up into those blue hues reflecting light against them which immediately caught his attention. He almost wanted to take those words back after reminding himself the man was pretty much the last of his kind but it was out there.

He absorbed what Depp told him and chuckled as he rambled about angels. An eyebrow rose as Depp explained his relationship with Oshida and he laughed at Depp's comment. "I can imagine that I don't think there would be anyone cooler than you." Ken said and looked at the moon for a split second the going back to Depp as he asked if Ken had any family. His gaze stayed on Depp and remembered how the mention of family hurt. His lips pursed and he thought of how to answer Depp's question.

Ken closed his eyes partially and opened his mouth to speak. "My mother is still alive and I have two brothers and one sister. They all stay at our family home far away from here. They name escapes me but everyone treats them well. I haven't seen any of them since I left. I think my sister has finally hit our eternal age limit for how our bodies look which about twenty in human years." He stopped and looked at Depp and offered him a kind smile. "I'm sorry if I have upset you with anything I have said Depp. If I could help you out in anyway I'll find it." He vowed lowly hoping no one heard it.