Grey Is...

December

I was just wondering, has anyone else on here besides me ever read Grey Is...?

It's an awesome manga/web comic. It's a slice of life manga that deals with some heavy themes such as abuse, depression, suicide, betrayal, self-harm, etc... The two main characters are Black and White. Black is completely messed up due to so many things that have happened in his life and White tries to "fix" him but he has his own issues he's dealing with. I swear, if you want something that'll tug at your heart strings, this is it.

The author is self-published too and I'm always a fan of supporting self-published authors if their work is good. I will say that the author herself has said that her manga is not BL in any shape, form, or fashion. (Which is why I put it here). She went on to state that she wanted to create a story of close friendship between characters of the same sex. You know it's like, the characters desperately need each other but are not romantically involved.

However, because I'm me, I see nothing but yaoi/BL. And when Black (or maybe it was White?) said "I hate girls" during a flashback, that was just the icing on the cake for me.

Anyway, just curious to see if anyone has read this and if so, do you have any thoughts on her artwork and/or the story line? I personally think her characters look the same and that sometimes it becomes hard to tell them apart. Like I thought Ty was White because the two look almost identical.

And I think some (not all - just a couple) of her pages/panels(?) are too busy - like she tries to squeeze too much on one page. But over all, the comic itself is amazing!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• December

• Myo-kun

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I sorta used to love that webcomic, though I haven't checked it in ages. There are a few other webcomics (mostly with gay themes or main characters) I'm reading now, though...

I really should check back on it, because it was frankly awesome...

I didn't have that much issues with the visual style though, as far as I can remember... Always takes me a short while to figure out all the names 'n faces when I start with something new, but once I got used to it, it was fine for me I guess.

So yeah, I should remember to check back on that sometime...