Hair color:

Brunette

Height:

6' 4

Weight:

Blood type:

AB+

Birthmarks/ scars/ tattoos{Optional}:

One scar under his right eye, one scar on his left arm and on his right arm he has a tattoo.

Weapons:

Any type of gun and a sword that was handed down through his family.

"My blade is sharp, my moves are unseen and my force is unstoppable!"

General

Special abilities:

His speed was genetically altered along with his strength. He can even see things before they even happen due to the genetic changes that scientist did to his body.

Background/ Family Background:

Tyson was basically born to be a leader, his father was the leader of the Crimson Blades. He doesn't remember much of his parents due to some Lazardian's who slaughterer them right in front of him. He was 3 at the time and when he saw his parents fall he tried to attack the aliens but ended up with the scar under his right eye. As the years went on by he trained and trained to make himself stronger. But his methods were not working... Until he turned 15 that was when the scientist came to him and told him that they could help him, and they did. To this day he regrets nothing, but the nightmares of his parents deaths do play over in his head from time to time.

What made you want to join the Crimson Blades?:

"I wanted to make a difference... I got tired of being weak and seeing the death of my parents threw me over the edge... So I made a vow... A blood vow that I will not let any more human's die! I will protect everybody even if it cost me my life! That's why I joined... Not to just make a difference but to protect those in need of protecting."

What is your favorite type of Weapon?:

His family sword.

How old were you when you first joined?:

How many people have you killed?:

Humans: 20,120 (Because they sided with the aliens)

Lazardians: 100,902

Strengths:

Super speed/being stealthy/and quick kills.

Weaknesses:

Parents, children.

CBRio1_zpsbffc50fb.png

What made you want to join the Crimson Blades?

"I joined the Crimson Blades not because I want to help, but because through them I would be able to find the ones who destroyed my family. Nothing would stand in my path to exterminate these Lazarians."

What is your favorite type of weapon?

Specter Grade Model 09 Sniper Rifle

How old were you when you first joined?

How many people have you killed?

"Most of the time, the statistics are not accurate."

Humans: 359

Lazarians: 1,638

Appearance:

I had to work with what I had...

awXzM.jpg

Full Name: Julian "Jewels" Florentine

Eye color: Cyrstal Blue

Hair color: Natural Black

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 125 Lbs

Blood type: A-

Birthmarks/ scars/ tattoos{Optional}: He has thin scars on his torso from when he first joined and his platoon was captured by the enemy. He underwent a session of Knifeplay torture from the enemy to get information out of him. The bruises on his face and arms and legs healed, but the knife marks will always remain

Outfits{Optional}: I am unsure...

Personality{Optional}: He' usually quite carefree and easy going around home or base. However when things need to be serious he is usually one of the first to get down to business.

Weapons: He is best with knife combat, preferring to get up close and personal with his enemies.

Special abilities: Julian has a tracking device embedded in his body. When he first joined his platoon was the only platoon part of an experimental procedure, meant to keep track of fighters who had been taken prisoner. When the CB's need to infiltrate their enemy, he is the one sent out over enemy lines to be taken back to their base so the CB's can track where their base is, and where POW's can be found.

Background/ Family Background: Julian grew up knowing farmland life. Knowing how to work a field and to track animals. His father provided food to the army and helped store supplies for them. Ever since he was little, Julian wanted to make his father and mother proud by joining, and doing something great. His father had always told him, "If you're going to do something good. Do it for the good of humanity." Though when he had joined he and a select few others after training were going to be put on dangerous ground where much activity revolved around the Lazardians, so they were apart of that experimental tracking device... Once they had passed training, he and his platoon found themselves in a base on hot territory. They were attacked in the night, many were killed and only a few were taken hostage. Julian couldn't remember how long they were kept prisoner for, but he recalls watching his comrades slowly die before him... Leaving only him. Finally, the base had been seized by CB's and he was rescued. If it hadn't been for that device they would have never found the base...

What made you want to join the Crimson Blades?: To Do something good for the whole of Humanity

What is your favorite type of Weapon?: Swords and blades of all varieties.

How old were you when you first joined?: 18

How many people have you killed?: 20 enemy aliens

Strengths: His tolerance and strange fascination with pain being inflicted onto himself

Weaknesses: Claustrophobia. (Other than that I am leaving this open. War does strange things to you...)

Dark_Ducan_by_ElvesAteMyRamen.jpg

Full Name:

Duncan “Red Death” Blackwater

Eye color:

Violet contacts

(No one knows his true eye color)

Hair color:

Silver

Height:

6’

Weight:

Blood type:

Unknown

Birthmarks/ scars/ tattoos

A tattoo on both of his shoulders

Outfits

Anything with leather

Weapons:

Whips and anything Sharp

“Though I came second in my class for Fire Arms”

Private

Special abilities:

“Now, that’s a secret”

Background/ Family Background:

A Commander of the Crimson Blade found a 12 year old Duncan surrounded by dead Lazarians unscratched. Till this day no one knows what happened but many believe that Duncan was the one who killed the Lazarians. Duncan was taken in by the officer and stayed there for 4 years taking the officer’s last name before lying about his age to get into the Crimson Blade. Anything about Duncan before he was found is a mystery and it seems that Duncan isn’t telling anytime soon. What is known is that Duncan has been doing assassination missions 2 years before he joined the Crimson Blade and those who piss him off usually ends up missing. The officer who took him in restrained Duncan from becoming higher than a private in rank because of Duncan’s ‘belief’ that “anyone who shows weakness or failure deserves death” which in the 8 reported cases some of Duncan’s own squad members had turn up missing or ‘incidentally’ died. Though none of it could be proven Duncan was behind it, the Commander still has his suspicions.

What made you want to join the Crimson Blades?:

“I had nothing better to do. Plus, it was the only place where I could find worthy opponents and go all the way without it being considered murder.”

What is your favorite type of Weapon?:

“Anything that allows me to get close and personally with my target”

How old were you when you first joined?:

“I lied about my age when I joined”

How many people have you killed?:

“This is one of my favorite past times.”

Humans: 6,802

Lazarians: 9,311

Strengths:

Speed/Flexibility

Assortment of weapons

Weaknesses:

Piloting ships

Working with others

Taking orders

The Lazardian's

76091_115428135189725_100001676162291_113214_5020492_n.jpg

Hair color:

Silver

Eye color:

Gold

But like other Royal Lazardians changes with mood

Height:

6’5

Weight:

Full Name:

*Duvain Amlugon

Nickname:

“The Shadow of Horror”

Tattoos/ birthmarks

Has a tribal tattoo on the right side of his face which goes to his ear, down his neck, right arm, and over his right peck stopping halfway down his side.

The longer the tattoo the higher the rank

27 human years

Weapons:

Fire Arms

Swords

Though he can handle many others

Special abilities:

Control the elements

Communicate with animals

Shape shift

Strength

Background/Family history:

Duvain is the oldest son of the Ruler of the Lazardians. He is the heir to the throne once his father steps down. He has a younger brother that he is very fond of and protective over. He became the youngest commanding officer at the age of 16 human years. Even at the age that he is at now, Duvain has already surpassed his father both strength wise and military combat. Thanks to his elemental mother Duvain and his younger brother are some of the few Lazarians who can control all the elements. His father has put him in charge of taking claiming earth and/or the Crimson Blades. Though Duvain will never tell, the only reason he agreed to capturing the Crimson Blades instead of killing them is because he hopes to meet the human mother of a boy who saved him when he was younger and return the necklace that she had given him and hopefully thank her if she’s still alive.

Strengths:

Speed

Long distance attacks

Hand to hand

Weaknesses:

Younger Brother

Animals

*Translation: The Dragon of Beautiful Darkness

male_elf_whoa.jpg

Hair color:

Light Brown

Eye color:

Jade Green

Height:

5'4

Weight:

Full Name:

Zeldin Kile

Tattoos/ birthmarks{Optional}:

A dragon tattoo on his left arm.

24 in human years.

Weapons:

Cross bows

Swords

Special abilities:

Teleportation

Creates horrors (creatures that you can only image in your deepest nightmares)

Background/Family history:

Zeldin's family has been close to the rulers for many many decades, his father is the current rulers right handman otherwise known as his adviser. His mother died at a very young age by the hands of the Crimson Blades, he didn't find out until his mothers body was recovered. Ever since then he vowed to destroy the humans who killed his mother. His father had asked the ruler if it was alright to let his son train under his oldest son. Which the ruler granted, as the years went on by Zeldin became stronger and it earned him the spot to be the right hand man of Duvain.

Strengths:

Screwing with the enemies minds

Short/ long range attacks

Weaknesses:

The mention of his mother, they were close.

"War is a horrible thing... It destroys lives... Hopes and dreams... Hopes of a better future... Dreams of a peace full world. It's funny how things turn out to be... One minute your a live filled with hopes and dreams the next minute your dead... That's war for you and it will stop at nothing to destroy everything in its path..." -Jenson Blight

The room fell silent as the new cadets listened to the woman who was reciting a saying that the Great Jenson Blight had said. The screen behind her changed to the symbol of the Crimson Blades which it was in a shape of a cross with a crescent moon going through the middle.

The woman was dressed in a Commanders uniform. She scanned the crowd and closed her eyes for a few minutes before she spoke once again. Her eyes opened up and a stone look was on her face, "Today you all are soldiers... You will protect those who need protection... Now without farther ado please welcome General Tyson Ryan Roland..."

The place was silent as the General stepped up to the podium. His hands were behind his back, his eyes were scanning the room just to make sure all eyes were on him. "Hello new Cadets I'm General Roland..." His gruff but deep voice was heard loud and clear through the steel room. "As Commander Pax had said today you are soldiers... Defenders of the weak... We are Earths last defense against the Lazardian's! We are now brothers and sisters in arms.... Today is the day where you become men and woman... Not boys and girls..."

He licked his lips for a minute wetting them due to them getting dry. "I know what your going to say to my next words and quite frankly I don't give a damn... You all need more training... Before I hear any groans of protest I'm going to say this one... The more we fuck around the stronger the enemy gets! Do you all want to wake up the next morning knowing that you have survived? Or not at all... We are not weak! We are the Crimson Blades! We live for pain! We live to survive!"

Tyson said while finally slamming his hand on the podium making the metal dent slightly. "Now since I got your blood pumping I'm leaving all in the capable hands of Captain Halle..." He then walked away from the podium and towards the tall Captain. "Their all your's Captain..." He smirked patting the male on the shoulder and walking off the stage and out of the room to go and talk to mother about losing her son.

On the Lazardian planet a young long brown haired male was leaning on the railing of a balcony looking up at the sky with an emotionless look on his face. How has it been since he was on that awful planet earth? He sighed and closed his eyes enjoying the slightly cold air, he listened to his father talking to the ruler who was objecting to the things that he was saying.

How many times has he heard them argue? About six times in the last hour. He shook his head and moved away from the balcony, he wanted to get away from the bickering men. It was giving him a headache...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yin_yang_lover

• Shi.No.Tobiko

• Chibi_Seme2011

Rio blinked, betraying nothing behind his mask of cold indifference. Most Commanding officers in the headquarters preferred their training methods to be conventional, meaning mostly it consisted of weapon assembly and theoretical combat application. But he was not like them. He was not conventional even though some disagreed to his teaching methods.

"I agree with the General." He stated silently, walking down the middle aisle and stopping when he reached the last row of soldiers. "But there will be no discussions, nor will there be any practice routines like your other training commandants have done." He approached a hangar door, pressing a few buttons to open it. Inside was the armory. "I believe in practical training application, so choose your weapons, gentlemen." He walked across rows and rows of countless weapons before stopping at another hangar door.

"You will find that behind this door is a preconceived war zone. Your enemies will be holographic lazarians but don't let your guard down because of that fact. Their weapons would still be able to hurt you and even though those weapons are loaded with practice bullets, too much hits could prove fatal." He crossed his arms over his chest before giving the entire platoon a cold and merciless smile. "This is not a game, gentlemen. A hit on a vital body part would mean that you have failed this training and without any warning you will be ejected out of the room." He smirked. "The ones who fail this training will be given appropriate punishments based on how they failed." Rio clicked at button and the door opened, revealing nothing but black polished metal interior.

He watched as everyone in platoon of soldiers entered before pressing a few buttons, making the door close and the walls part, revealing a glass panel where he could observe them. "City ruins. 2800 miles radius. Battlefield activate."

"Commencing." Was the melodious reply of the artificial intelligence of the program.

The interior shimmered for a few seconds before the once dark room shifted into the ruins of New York City, complete with destroyed properties and burning rubble.

"Your mission is to locate civilian survivors and bring them to a secret rendezvous extraction point. Mission length five hours." He nodded lightly as most of the platoon scattered themselves out. "Activate hostiles. Population: two hundred to one Crimson Blade."

"Activated. Failed Crimson Blades would be warped to the Medical Wing."

"Acknowledged." Rio nodded to himself, noting that the statistics of the platoon had moved downwards quickly. "If this keeps up, all of them would not survive one encounter with the lazarians." He sighed, knowing already that few would pass the training.

Julian watched the General and the captain intensely. Another training program... His thoughts raced back to the day he had been put out at the base, him and his small platoon... His fist clenched at his side as the Commander passed him. What he was doing was for the good of humanity. Cold blue eyes hadn't even turned to look at the weaponry he would be offered, knowing that most of it he couldn't use. The talk of the commander had begun to be drowned out by his thoughts. Those cool orbs flickered back and forth as if he was reading something in front of himself that was only there in his mind, his brows furrowed as he concentrated on his own information he derived from being kept at the Lazardians base that had been hidden well in jungle like brush...

~Their weaponry is not as terribly advanced as ours... Though we do have the technology, they have the men to over power us... There should be archers, gunners, and many who prefer hand to hand combat.. Try and stay close to each of them Jewels.. If I can stay close I can take most out... Uhg... I can't stand killing...~

His thoughts drifted off as he stood with the rest of the group. He waited and hung back behind the group of men, watching as they grabbed for the lasers and guns, heavy weaponry that would slow most down. He shook his head as he entered and looked at what was left, there were some eyes on him as he walked over and eyed the rest of the guns. Another shake of his head came about as he passed them and went to the wall displaying the swords and knives. He reached up and grabbed a small sword that balanced well in his hand. He felt the blade and nodded, it was sharp. He reached back up and grabbed a hand held knife. No ribs on it, smooth blade. If he needed to stab anybody he would, but wasn't going to risk his knife getting stuck in the body. As he turned to exit he looked up and noticed a small belt with covered needles. Adrenaline. Instinctively he reached up and grabbed it, placing the belt on.

Julian stepped out of the weaponry hangar and stepped over to the holographic chamber. It was small... Almost too small for him. He noticed that some other men were looking at him odd, as if judging him by the weapons he chose. He inhaled deeply, preparing himself as the room began to shimmer with life. He closed his eyes and whispered so only he could hear it. "If you're going to do good... Do it for the good of Humanity..."

The scene opened up to a devastated land. It looked like an entire city brought to ruin. It was quiet... There were no birds, no animals. The landscape was smouldering with destruction. Immediately Julian ducked down low to the ground, recalling that predators when hunting kept low to help blend in with the brush.

Duncan smirked as he watched the General's little speech from the back of the room. His arms were crossed over his leather clad torso. His violet eyes shined with playfulness at the new recruits and some of the low ranking offices that had to participate as well at whatever the loving Captain Halle had in store for theme. Duncan knew that he was suppose to be information as well but he never was they were lucky if they got the silver haired male to even attend. When everyone started to head towards the training room for whatever simulation the Captain was going to put them, Duncan took his chance to slip out the side doors. He knew that he didn't have to bother watching or performing in the training. He knew with one look at the new recruits earlier that they were weak if not weaker from the season before them. Plus, it wasn't any fun to Duncan if he couldn't hear the screams of his target as they died.

As he made his way down the hall, the only thing that could be heard was the clicking of Duncan's leather boots. His slim waist swinging lightly as he walked. His body just screamed seduction and Duncan knew it and he milked it for everything it was worth. Most people had guns, swords, and other various weapons but Duncan had his body. It was one of the few things that Duncan trusted with 100% wouldn't fail him and it never did. It especially came into handy when he was in a playful mood and his enemy was stupid enough to underestimate him. All Duncan had to do was lore them close and when they were in arms reach it was a definite kill once Duncan laid hands on them. He would slowly and painfully beak every bone in his opponents body and either leave them their to die from internal bleeding or take pity on them and end their suffering either way he made sure that the last thing they remember before they die is the excruciating pain as they are looking at his smiling face.

Just thinking about it sent chills of excitement through his bones. A sadistic smirk found its way to Duncan's lips as he continued to walk down the empty corridor. He heard talking coming from up in front of him and he could tell from the deep undertone of the voice that it was General Tyson himself. If Duncan had a past time besides disposing the worthless trash that challenged him, well tied for first would be getting under Rio's skin while tormenting younger cadets but messing with the General was still entertaining. He turned the corner just in time to see a woman walking away from the man but before he could start any trouble someone called out to him.

"You should be with the rest of the cadets and lower officers doing drills," Duncan turned around as three soldiers approached him. He could easily tell that the male who spoke had just been promoted while the female and other male with him were also privates.

Duncan smirked, "and why would I be there when majority of them won't live pass their first assignment." He saw his 'superior's' eyes narrow dangerously at Duncan's comment. The three in front of him was more than surprised when Duncan began to laugh. "Why are you getting so angry? Is it because you know I'm right, that by this time next month that you will be informing a quarter if not half of their families to tell them that their Little Angel's were too weak to handle such a simple mission." Duncan spoke the last part mockingly.

"How dare you? Those kids are doing everything in their power to become stronger, putting their lives on the line, fighting with every piece of their soul," the higher ranking officer growled as he took a step closer to Duncan. "And you have the nerve to mock them when they are fighting for their people, for honor, an-"

Suddenly, Duncan burst into uncontrollable laughter. He settled down slightly but the laughter could still be heard in his voice, "Honor? Your truly believe that bullshit? The Crimson Blade is just another way of calling us a group of cold, heartless murderers." He put his hand on his hip cocking his head slightly as a smile was plastered on his face. "Fighting for their people? Most of these bastards are just here for the check nothing more nothing less."

The officer growled before grabbing Duncan's upper arm. The was a brief second of ominous silence before a sicking crunching noise was heard quickly followed by the officer's agonizing scream. The two private looked at their commanding officer's arm before gasping. The arm that had grabbed at Duncan was twisted and pushed back to where it was at an abnormal angle with the bone sticking out. His wrist was twisted all the around as three of his fingers were broken as well as twisted in unnatural way. The man couldn't hold his arm for he was covering the left side of his face that at closer inspection was covered with many gashes and lacerations. His subordinates caught him before he could collapse from the pain and looked at Duncan fearfully.

Duncan was standing there with the same smile as before and didn't even blink an eye at what he had done. In his right had was a whip that they knew caused the damage to their superior's face but neither had seen Duncan pull it out let alone use it. "Remind your ranking office to NEVER. TOUCH. ME AGAIN." The smile was their but the look that Duncan gave them sent chill down their spines. Quickly, the other two privates collected the injured officer before hurrying to the the medical wing. Duncan's cold violet eyes following them until they disappeared from his sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"By the look on your face, I will assume that that our Fathers are still bickering," a deep voice spoke evenly with an undertone that signaled authority and demanded respect behind the long haired youth.

The voice belong to no other than the heir of the Lazardian Throne, Crown Prince Duvain. His semi-long silver hair framed his caramel tone fleshed perfected without taking away from the tattoo etched onto the right side of his skin. His piecing golden eyes screamed royalty.

Duvain looked down at his second in command and long time friend,Zeldin, with a soft smile, "come Zel I am sure you would rather be anywhere else but here." He turned on his heel and lead the way away from the throne room and to somewhere a little more piecefull.

Tyson heard the pain filled scream which made him run in that direction with his gun ready to shoot. But when he rounded the corner he saw Duncan and gritted his teeth, he put his gun away and walked up to the private.

He placed his hand on his shoulder and turned him around sharply. His cold silver eyes bore right into the younger males violet eyes. "What in the hell do you think your doing... I thought I told all privates to go with Captain Halle... Do you wish for a punishment for disobeying an order?"

His eyes narrowed into slits as his hand on the younger man's shoulder tighten. He then smirked as a thought, a cold and wicked thought came to mind.

He grabbed Duncan's arm and started to pull him towards his office. "You know the rules private... You disobey an order you get punished..." He chuckled in a cold and ruthless kind of way. A few of the Commanding officers moved out of the General's way, a few of them looked scared while others were wondering why he was pulling a private with him.

The man was well feared on the base, he was considered a killing machine. He had seen more death and killed more then anybody there. Tyson's eyes looked over at an officer who stopped in front of him, the man saluted him while the General just nodded his head at him.

"Before you go Commander... Tell Captain Halle that I want to speak with him after he's done with the training..." The man nodded his head and saluted him once more, "Of course General Sir!" The Commander walked away towards the training area while the General continued on walking towards his office pulling along Duncan.

Zeldin jumped slightly when he heard the deep voice speak to him but he sighed and nodded his head following his long time friend. "They have been fighting for the past hour... I think I got a headache listening to them bicker..." The long light brown haired male said in his normal soft and sweet voice.

At first glance you would think that he was a woman with the way he talked and moved. For a Lazardian he was considered beautiful, with his pale skin and jade green eyes, he was stunning and seductive in his own way. He then walked up beside the tall prince and placed his arms behind his back.

"So... Where are we going today my prince?" He chuckled lightly which sounded like a giggle, he knew that bother Duvain when ever he would call him prince instead of his name but it was fun to tease the older male every once in a while.

"Captain Halle," A male's voice sounded in the intercom and Rio's attention was diverted from the statistics of the ongoing training to the words of the man. "General Roland is expecting you in his office."

"A matter concerning one Private Duncan Blackwater?" He murmured silently, wondering if he should stop the training exercise or if he should just leave the cadets in their own devices.

"Yes. I believe it is an urgent matter."

"Everything is always urgent when it comes to that kid." He stated indifferently. "Activate automatic functions. Monitor cadets who pass the training."

"Activated. Progress report will be uploaded to your router, Captain." The AI replied as Rio started his walk towards the General's office.

"The General ssseemsss upssset." Rio raised an eyebrow at the hissing voice of the one that followed him.

"And you are supposed to be in our quarters, not slithering around and scaring the hell out of everyone." He mumbled as he gave the eighteen feet long snake a sideways glance. A few new recruits stopped and stared at the serpent but it seemed that the snake didn't mind the attention.

"You know itsss boring there and I wanna sssee what made the General'sss pantsss in a twissst."

"And sometimes I think that implanting you with a virtual intelligence chip was a wrong idea, isn't that right Reeve?" The snake laughed and it sounded odd, even though Rio had heard it more times than he could count.

"You know you love me." If Reeve was a human, his words would have sounded with a scoff. "You jussst haven't realizzzed it yet. And the General absolutely adoresss me."

"You call it adoration when people try to kill you? Reeve, you vanity knows no bounds." His words were monotonic and extremely sarcastic. The snake laughed again, twirling his way against Rio's boots before moving upwards and settling himself against the Captain's broad shoulders. "Add a big flirt to add to that list too."

"Don't be like that. I know you love it when I cling to you." Reeve winked and Rio sighed as the snake managed to make himself comfortable without crushing the breath out of the Captain.

Rio opened the door to the General's room before giving the occupants an imperceptible nod. "Pardon the intrusion of Reeve." He stated blandly. "You called for me, General?"

The simulation chamber was frighteningly realistic. The stench of fire and seared landscape hit his senses dead on. Julian glanced up and counted the Privates that still stood and gazed at the battlefield, looking as if they had never seen such realistic carnage. Even though it was a simulation, everything felt real. As the Commander said, ‘It was as real as possible, and you will get hurt.’ With that in mind he treated the whole exercise as real, much like he had two years ago when he first started…

The grass and dirt felt real to him as well, almost as if they had been transported to an actual place. Instinctively he ripped up some of the grass and stuck it in his pockets, in his shirt to stick out to help camouflage himself. When he had exposed the dirt he spat in it and made it a little damp as he mixed it a bit. His grandfather told him stories that were handed down in his family from his ancestors who lived back in the 20th Century. How they used the landscape to their advantage against the enemy. Using those tactics, he smeared the dirt onto his cheeks and body and listened as a few of the Privates chuckle.

“It won’t be so funny when we are being attacked. Everyone you should get low and try to disguise yourself. You heard the objective, rescue survivors and get them to the rendezvous point. We have to stay on our guard.” He spoke with the wisdom of many years as he began moving forward crouching. His light weapons allowed him to move stealthily unlike the larger weapons carried by the other Privates. “We should split off into a few groups.” He glanced up and began counting everyone. There should have been 20, however there was only 19. Someone hadn’t made it in. That wasn’t important.

“What makes you think you have any right to tell us what to do and what we should do?” Someone piped up from behind him. He looked up at the man who held a gun pointed to him. It was hostile and Julian remained still. “I could shoot you right now and put you out of the game, no one would know.”

“Why would you want to get rid of someone on your side trying to help you become a better fighter. I have been through carnage like this!” Julian hissed through his teeth as he recalled gazing at the charred faces of his comrades who laid dead from a time grenade that had been placed in their camp. “I watched my comrades slowly die around me as the Lazardians took me and a few others captive. Then I had to sit and watch as they slowly died of starvation. I was tortured, to get information out of me. So you can go ahead and shoot me, but it will get you nowhere!” Julian had stunned the others with his admittance. Finally they all lowered themselves and began doing as he said. He relaxed and looked back. “We will not be alone, Lets split off into groups. Three people pair up, we will be odd so there will be two groups of two and 5 groups of three. Keep as low as you can and scour for survivors.” Julian looked up at the man who had pointed his gun at him. “Try to pair up with diverse weapons. For example, I have close range weapons, my partner has a long ranged scope gun. I am going to watch his back as we make our way through if he sees any Lazardians he will alert me and shoot. If I see any close by I’ll take them out. Understood?” The short Private’s Crystalline eyes searched the others as they paired up. He nodded approving of how they kept to the diversity. “We will go out in a V formation and get broader until we get to the ruins. Then we will come around to a circle around the ruins.” He began writing a diagram in the dirt. “We will put a group of three at the center of the V, one group of two on each side of it, then an even amount of groups of three after. I know there are some that think we cant do this but we can.”

Next he reached to the adrenaline syringes on his belt. He had 8… H pulled them off and handed them out to the other Privates, one per group. “These are adrenaline shots. They are for emergencies and if you find one of yourself in desperate need of it, use it.” He handed his own to his partner, knowing he would not have to use it himself. “From here on out hand signals only, talk as little as possib-“

Before he could finish his sentence an arrow whizzed past one of the Privates. He ducked and everyone dropped to the ground. “Hurry, Stay with the formation and go! You! Go with the other group of two! Ill try and take out what I can from the back here! Go Go GO!” He cried in a loud whisper as he began to dart through the grass, staying towards the higher part. There were a few Lazardian’s behind them, more would be up ahead. He heard the loud cry of one of his fellow Privates and knew he had been shot. Making his way into more brush he counted the groups. There were at least 100 back here. Narrowing his eyes he remembered to go for the ones at the back. They were archers… He kept low and made a wide ring around them before coming up behind one. Jumping up, Julian removed his dagger and made a clean slice through his neck. It made a loud cry before falling down into a mess of glitter of digital particles. A few turned just as he reached up with the sword, stabbing into one of them and kicking another. He used his dagger and sliced up into anothers stomach as he ripped his sword out to decapitate another Lazardian. He was close however they all had arrows. All he had to do was keep close and he was safe.

He didn’t see that an archer had moved away from the group and was aiming for him. Just as he killed another, he looked as the arrow embedded itself into his arm. “AHHGNGH!” He let out a cry as a jolt of excitement jutted through his body. Warmth pooled in his belly as he looked up through a veil of the dark hair on his head, blue orbs fixated on the Lazardian as he ducked and began running towards him. He waited until The Creature shot his arrow before dodging, that way the other wasn’t aiming where he would go. He knelt down at the feet of the Lazardian and jumped up shoving his dagger into the gut of the creature, watching as it dissipated back into digital code. He had no time to waste. He ran back and snuck into the trees. Crouching down behind a bush, he made sure no one was around as he broke off the feathered back of the arrow. He hissed through his teeth before moaning. Blood was drizzling from the wound slowly as he gripped onto the head and ripped the stem out of his arm. Another cry escaped his lips before he began to calm his breathing. Julian didn’t want the other Privates to know his sick secret… Ripping some of the cloth off of his shirt, he tied his arm to stop infection and bleeding, creating a makeshift tourniquet before moving back to join the others at the ruin city.

Duncan heard the footsteps coming up behind him knowing that the person would either keep walking or stop near him. He was right they did stop but he didn't expect them to reach out to him especially since majority of the Crimson Blades knew not to, at least those who valued their lives did. As he was spun around to face the other person, quicker than the eye could see Duncan drew a blade seemingly out of air. His movements were fluent as he moved with the person while his aim was flawless as the blade stopped centimeters from the person's left pupil.

He blinked before a smirk spread across his lips as he realized who was bold or stupid enough to touch him. "You might want to be careful there Tyson. It would suck if you died because of friendly fire." Duncan never called the general by his rank unless he was being playful or mocking the older manand the rare occasions serious. In fact, he never called any of the officers by their rightful title most just put up with it like the General while others still wasted their breathes in teaching the silver haired male 'manners' just to end up in the infirmary.

"You act surprise that I didn't stay," Duncan had the nerve to laugh in the older man's face. A dark glint appeared in the man's violet eyes. "In honesty, you should be grateful that I didn't go because you know what would have happened other wise."

Duncan's eyes narrowed to mere slits as the older man grabbed onto him."You know the rules Tyson. NO ONE touches me. Not even you," He growled yanking his arm from the brunette's grip that could have easily broken anyone one else's arm.

Duncan glared at the man in front of him before falling into step beside the higher ranked officer. "Sorry but I enjoy doing the punishing to much to give it up now," He knew that anyone else would have been too afraid of Tyson's wrath or threat but Duncan wasn't and he knew that the other male knew as well. It was probably why the general allowed him to get away with things like this and also because they knew each other for a while. . . well it was more like Tyson was the only one who could handle the fiery, head-strong, back talking, manipulative yet very talented silver haired male during Duncan's academy days, so they were kind of forced upon each other.

If he was honest with himself, Duncan would admit that Tyson, the Old Man . . . hell even Rio were the ONLY ones that Duncan could say that he respected. Maybe not as the officers that they were, though they were exceptionally well at it, but as a person in general. Once they reached Tyson's office, Duncan made himself comfortable on top of the brunette's desk swinging his legs as he rested back on his hands looking at the ceiling .

"You know they're going to die right?" Duncan said uncaring."The new recruits they are a lot weaker than when I was first brought in." He locked his violet eyes on the older man seriously which was very rare. "That was only 5 years ago. The enemy is getting stronger by the day and no matter how much training you put them through it won't make that big of a difference. The only thing it means is that you will have to tell more mothers why their children will be coming home in a box like you were doing earlier. It would be better if you just send them home and leave this mess to those of us who can actually handle it and has a chance to actually live pass a week."Duncan went silent so the other male could ponder over his words.

A silent knock came from the door before it opened revealing Rio. Duncan smirked as the tall captain walked through the door, "it's about time that the General's faithful mutt finally show up. We thought you gotten lost somewhere." He loved teasing the taller male especially since Rio was the only one who was easily riled by Duncan's taunts and could hold his own if they were to fight.

"On a serious note," Duncan sat up straight on his perch on the Tyson's desk as he caught both older man's gazes. "There is something important that the two of you need to know."

Tyson's left eyebrow twitched in an annoyed kind of way before he reached under his desk and took out a small hand whip before he whacked Duncan on the back knocking him to the ground.

"Who ever said you could sit on my desk! Private!" He gritted his teeth at the younger male on the ground as he walked to the front of his desk and kick the private down to the ground placing his leather boot on the males back pinning him down effectively.

He knew he wouldn't move and if he did he would whip him again. He looked up at Rio with narrowed eyes, before turning his attention to the snake. "Hn... Your not an scarf Reeve..." He snapped at the snake. He then directed his hand whip in the Captain's direction.

"You're slipping Captain... Letting a private out of your sight... You of all people should know how much I detest people who disobey a simple command! What have you got to say for yourself? Would you like to be punished as well or would you like to clean my boots for a week? Or both your choice..."

He said while crossing his arms over his chest. His face stone cold, his eyes looked like two silver daggers ripping to your very soul. He tapped the whip against his other arm while the heel of his boot dug deeper into Duncan's back. "Well Captain... I'm waiting..."

Rio blinked, face a complete detached impassiveness. He knew that the General was not joking but he just had no emotion for him to feel anything but cold disinterest. He respected the man but not even him would be able to make him feel anything but cold indifference.

"Technically, Duncan was never out of my sight." He stated mildly, like someone stating a bleak weather. "Reeve was following him and I would have brought him back but I knew that you were nearby." He extended one of his arms forward and Reeve took the initiative to slither down the floor through it. "According to your vital statistics this past couple of weeks, it seemed that you were stressed." Rio nodded lightly as the snake settle himself on a nearby couch. "I presumed that Duncan would do something and he proved me right. And even though you complain, General, I know that you are enjoying this confrontation. Thus reducing your stress levels."

His eyes moved down and gave Duncan a blank stare. "As for your comment that I, your Captain, am a mutt, what then, a private as yourself would be?"

"A flea perhapsss?" Reeve commented snidely.

Rio looked back at the General before tilting his head to the side and crossing his arms over his chest. "As for the punishment, I would advise against it." He stated, staring directly at Tyson's eyes. "The new recruits would be second to useless if they wouldn't have the training that only I can give. Nevertheless, it is your decision. That is why you are the General and I only am your Captain."

"Yeah right. You jussst want the new recruitsss all to yourssself." Reeve interjected with a chuckle.

A fresh sheen of sweat glistened on his brow as Julian jogged comfortably, grunting as his wound throbbed deliciously. He could feel the wound closing and scabbing as he went, looking over through the brush as he passed Lazardians. This really was realistic. If they were any more computer generated, they would automatically lock onto him. He couldn't believe that out of all the men here, he was the most level headed about all of this. Those years of listening to stories about his ancestors fighting in the 20th century paid off. Even in the future you could utilize strategies of the past. Why not if they worked? Unless there was a way to improve it, why fix something that isn't broken?

As Julian came to the ruins, all he could hear was the furious sound of guns and cries of men. They were getting slaughtered out there... As he came up to the side entrance of the ruins he heard the crunch of brush behind him. He turned swiftly and held his dagger out as two survivors came up to him. They were a little boy and his sister, both with bad burns on their cheeks. He knelt down, a warmth growing in his being as he soothed his fingers through their hair. Bringing his finger up he made a motion as if to signal be quiet. Both nodded as he turned back and started to make his way into the ruins.

A curse came through his teeth as he thought about commander Rio. That Bastard didn't tell them where the rendezvous point is... How was he supposed to determine where it was? Was it easily identifiable? Wiping his face with his shirt he hunkered down and slowly made his way through the ragged alleyway that he was in. He hoped the other Privates were doing alright and were safe... Little did he know there were already a few who found themselves laying in the infirmary.

As he slid up against a sand stone wall he held his breath, listening for any sound. There cam the sound of a rock moving. Gripping his sword tight he edges to the corner. Exhaling silently, he inhaled again and darted around the corner. There were three Lazardians. They turned as he shoved his dagger deep into one of the beasts, striking a vital organ as he slashed through anothers throat. The third came up as he forced his foot up and kicked him back only to pull his dagger out and ram it into the alien's skull. He watched as they dissipated into digital code. Exhaling in relief he walked back and motioned for the kids to follow him again.

"I wouldn't get too high and mighty if I was you Rio," up against the wall standing next to the tall captain was another Duncan. His arms were crossed over his chest as his lips held his trademark smirk. He looked at the captain from the corner of his eye. "Don't forget Rio if it wasn't the Old Man I would be a Commander right now." His smirk grew as he pushed off the wall and walked pass the white haired male. "YOUR superior. So tell me CAPTAIN what would that make you?"

The second Duncan looked between Tyson and the Duncan that the general was stepping on, "miss me that much Tyson that you would fall for something so simple." The second Duncan snapped his fingers looking at the general smugly.

Suddenly, the Duncan that the general was stepping on began to grow muscles that quickly expanded . Skin became fur as violet eyes lightened up to piercing yellow. The creature quickly and easily pushed the general off as it turned on the man snapping its vicious jaws barely missing the high ranked officer. It shook its fur and stood at it's full height. The creature was easily 5'11 not including the height of its head. Black fur with red streaks covered its body as two long sharp fangs perturbed from its mouth. The creature's claws left indents within the concrete floor as it's reptilian tail swayed back and forth warningly.

Duncan laughed as he walked up to the creature and scratched behind its ear, "Tyson, Mutt meet Naga the chimera that I found when I was taken in by the Old Man." Naga glared heatedly at the brunette before him but stayed its position next to his master. "He's big though he's still nothing but a pup. He has a lot more growing to do."Duncan commented as Naga laid down never taking his golden eyes off the human commander.

Chimeras were more or less guard dogs for the Lazardians and were fierce creatures. It took a lot to kill a chimera let alone truly injure one and they were frighteningly loyal to its master which made them the best piece to have on your side of the chess board. To find a young enough Chimera to train was a dream many seaked after only to be killed by the creature's mother or the creature itself. They are born with unnatural strengths as well as appearances. There has been rumors that the Lizardians breed two distinct types of Chimera.Though there hasn't been a person to prove at least not one that survived an encounter with the feral creatures.

"So if you want to get technical . . . all of you failed to keep an eye on me." Duncan leaned his back against the large creature as he crossed his arms. His smirk widen as his violet eyes began to glow with glee "Though if I knew you were into those types of kinks Tyson, I would have aggravated you much sooner and taught you how to use it to its full extent."

"As for the new recruits," Duncan began. As he absently scratched the large chimera's head stated with an apathetic expression, "It seems that we might have been infiltrated. A source of mine says that the rebel groups that support the Lazardians are growing. They are becoming more bold by sending in spies in the form of students to estimate our numbers and weakness to report back." Duncan glared at the two officers in front of him with a look of distaste on his face. "Which means that since both of you are here, you just left one of our best Tracers unsupervised in a small room with possible hostiles."

Duncan wasn't one to praise a person but he did give them when they were earned and in Duncan's mind . . . they never were. Out of the five years that he's been in Crimson only ONE person has ever been praised by him and Julian was in the running of get the second one. "So instead of kissing each other's ass, don't you think that at least one of you should go and check on the boy and make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

Tyson gritted his teeth before he looked at the Captain, a soft sigh escaped from his mouth. "We'll finish our talk later Captain... Just get your ass back there at once! I don't want any recruits dying on us during training... And as for you private!"

He turned his sliver eyes back on Duncan not so impressed or pleased to see the chimera at all. "I still have a bone to pick with you..." He said in a deadly calm kind of voice, which would make anybody scared but since he was dealing with Duncan then it didn't matter how cold he was.

Tyson was still taping his arm with his whip. He was in a foul mood, he had to talk to ten different families about the lost of their children, sadly it never got easier to tell them. Plus to add to his foul mood he had to deal with Duncan who just loved to push everybody's buttons.

Rio didn't rise to Duncan's bait, rather he just stared impassively at the youth. What he and the General had said was true. In some aspects. What they didn't know was that he had a means of watching over Julian and he made sure that no one knew about it. Traitors after all was the worst kind of enemy. And he tolerated none other than the Lazarians.

He nodded lightly, turning on his heel and exiting the General's room, Reeve silently slithering just beside him. Everything was silent with recruits and other personnel rushing to and fro to get to their duties, Reeve also seemed inclined to give him a moment of silent emptiness. It was rare that the snake held his tongue on an almost peaceful atmosphere. Then two warning signal appeared on his watch, signaling that two of his experiments had reached their final stages.

"Reeve," Rio stated lightly, not even breaking his stride towards his quarters. "The training would be over in seven point twelve minutes. Make sure that the recruits who passed the test exit the simulation room properly."

"And Julian?" If Reeve had a full set of human teeth then he would be grinning.

"Stick to him like a leech. He knows you and probably wouldn't be bothered by it." He threw behind his shoulder a 'don't-create-a-scene' look before he disappeared inside his room.

Rio's quarters were three times larger than the normal Captain quarters. He needed the space and his superiors had seen his point when he told them that he'd be doing some research and probably experiments that he didn't want anyone to ogle at. The laboratories of the headquarters were more than adequate but he didn't like it if other people tried to mess with his gatherings when he was not around. And it was better if he could get to them in a moment's notice.

"Welcome back, Captain." The Virtual Intelligence in his room stated. "Project Hybrid has finished the necessary preliminaries. The creature is now in a cryogenic stasis. Vitals are significantly higher than any creature known to date. The statistics are in your private terminal if you so wish to check on them."

"In a moment." He stated, walking down a few flights of stairs before he arrived at his mini laboratory, where in the middle was a circular hologram projector. To the side was a table with the most advanced microscope sitting on it and at the edge of the room was an incubation pod, meant to put someone badly injured in a healing stasis. He walked towards the hologram projector and pushed a few buttons before a DNA matrix appeared, coupled with a few statistics on the side.

"The last element needed to finish Serum Delta has been found. The matrix has also adapted successfully. Scans show that the other toxic components of the mixture had been neutralized. There is also no telling what it could do in a direct application to the human central nervous system." The VI stated, manifesting itself as a small circular drone just beside the Captain.

"The elements in the formula are highly unstable. Element Zero is not the perfect catalyst to meld everything into a perfect combination." He mussed silently. "Fatality chances are inevitable." He frowned, going towards a nearby freezer-closet and taking out the formula currently in discussion. With so many unstable compounds and acids in the serum, the color had actually turned black and although the liquid looked ominous it was not radioactive. "But the theoretical benefits are hard to ignore."

"Yes, Captain." The drone continued to hover beside him. "If the formula proves to be successful then Crimson Blades soldiers would have a major advantage towards the Lazardian forces. It may also give us the chance to turn the tide of the war."

"Prepare the serum for infusion." Rio stated silently, dumping the entirety of the formula in a nearby transfusion chair. The thing was designed to infuse the body with liquid chemicals by injecting them right through the spinal cord and through the shoulder and elbow joints. The needles for the injection themselves were about a tenth of an inch thick.

"Captain." The VI protested. "Although it is still an unknown, the formula has a fatality ratio. The infusion could kill you."

"Risks will always be present." He stated blandly, taking all his clothes off before sitting himself on the transfusion chair. "No anesthetic. Begin procedure."

Then the injections sunk to his skin, penetrating muscles, joints and bones. Rio gave no indication of the pain that would have crippled most soldiers. Pain was an emotion. He had no emotion. Then the serum in the tube moved downwards and into him.

"Monitor vital statistics." He stated just before everything started vibrating. And for the first time since he joined the Crimson Blades, Rio felt pain. He didn't even feel the injections pulling away from his body. The pain was agonizing and that was something considering that the Captain could not feel the very sensation that he was now feeling. He fell to the floor grunting lightly as a slippery substance almost made him sprawl in a trembling mass of libs. He focused his eyes and the substance became clear as to what it was. It was his skin. Melting before his eyes. The color was so dark a red it was almost black and he could do nothing but stare in silent fascination as his skin dropped away from him, like water sliding after a bath.

"Vital signs dropping." The VI sounded as monotonic as ever and Rio almost laughed. "Activating distress signal."

Rio stood, supporting himself against the transfusion chair and almost slipping against his liquidized skin. "Open incubation pod." He stated and he could actually feel the muscles of his face contracting as he said the words. He looked down at himself and he found that his skin had fully dissolved and he was now staring at his muscles. He gathered the remnants of his fading strength and used it to enter the incubation pod, dark red blood trailing just behind him.

The pod closed and everything went dark and the last thing Rio remembered was the alarm that probably alerted the entire headquarters.

As the two child survivors followed him silently, Julian didn’t care if he wasn’t being fast. Stealth was going to be his friend within this battle. All too suddenly, everything went quiet. Had the others been taken out already? That was impossible! Panic rose through his being, his breath intake increased as he moved silently. There didn’t seem to be any signs of other Lazardians. Shouldn’t there have been more? Something about this didn’t feel right to him. Julian turned and motioned for the survivor children to stay put as he crouched down and moved around the corner, staying behind some rather large broken stones. It was there, in the middle of the ruined town, guns lay scattered as the man whom held a gun to his head now pointed one at one of their comrades. They were too far to hear for him to catch any of the conversation. But it looked like Private Guinner was pleading with Private Malvik, who held a gun pressed against his forehead. He took the shot…

Julian had to stay himself, if he ran over now, actually ran, then, Malvik would know he had seen him. No he wanted to pretend like he hadn’t seen anything. Julian stood slowly after counting before moving over towards him. “Malvik! Are you alright? I heard a gunshot!” Julian said without missing a beat. Guinner had already been transported out. Probably along with everyone else who was shot in the head. Either they were dead, or they would be severely handicapped after that. “Where is everyone? Have they been taken out by the holograms? They probably did… Those things are hard to take out.” He was trying to create some small talk, get Malvik off guard.

“I heard a gunshot and thought it was you. Are you alright Jewels?” Malvik had suddenly used his nickname, trying to ease him down it seemed. He wasn’t going to fall for it.

“Malvik…” Julian stepped closer to him looking up into those dark hues, making sure he was too close to be shot in a vital area. “I saw what you did… Why did you do it? Why did you shoot Guinner?” Malvik’s eyes widened as he listened to Julian out him. The other Private tried to shove him back, to get a better shot, but he didn’t budge. Julian grasped onto the Private’s shirt and pulled him closer. “I’m not letting you get away with it… It’s against the rules to kill your own unless for good measure! This is training!” He began to yell at the other cadet. Holding his dagger, he thrust it into his abdomen, where he should have hit a vital point to incapacitate him and get him out of the game, but instead he was offered a small jolt of electricity. “What… The.. Fuck..?” The words were out of Julian’s lips as he looked up at the other man.

Dark skin, dark eyes, long hair… He wasn’t a human at all. “Lazardian…” He whispered as he stared in amazement at the other. How was he able to disguise himself like that? How was he able to…? He had heard of resistance groups but… Never a Lazardian posing as a human… The figure before him moved to try and hit him with the end of the gun. Armed with speed Julian ducked before embedding his knife directly into his stomach, not allowing him a moment of peace. As the male dropped, he shot his gun, nailing Private Florentine in the arm before he was transported to the Infirmary. A groan of excitement rolled off of his tongue as he knelt there in the ruins, holding his arm as he tried to will away the blatant pleasure that racked him.

He looked up as the world began to fall away and disappear into the blackness of the room. The guns lay useless on the floor as he knelt there, the only one left… The doors opened allowing an officer from another section to enter with his own cadets to clean up. He looked at Julian and smiled.

“I see someone survived! Good job Jewels! You will be rewarded… “ His words trailed off as he looked up at him with a pained expression. “Julian… What’s wrong?”

“The Infirmary… Go check… On the Privates there… One of them, Malvik… Is a Lazardian in disguise… He isn’t anymore though… I don’t know what made him appear like a human… But he isn’t human.” When the Officer began to scoff at him, Julian reached up and grabbed him firmly. “DO IT NOW! WOULD I FUCKING LIE OFFICER!” He shoved him back as he stood up. He didn’t care if the officer was above him, he knew what he saw and knew that the entire battle had been recorded. He had all the proof he needed. He looked at the other cadets who began to follow their officer in silence and followed behind.

Where was that Captain Rio now? The snake… How could he send them in there without telling them where the rendezvous point was? Speaking of something Snake-ish… Reeve caught Julian by the foot as he passed by him, stopping the Cadet in his tracks. “Reeve… What are you up to now? Following me?” The snake nodded in silence as he slithered his way up to his shoulders. The feeling was strange… Julian shuddered as he pet the snake and continued on. “I have to go see Rio now… He needs to know something now. Where is he? I assume he wasn’t watching when he didn’t greet those who survived the training.

“I am not Sssssure he would like to be disssturbed…” Usually when Reeve said something like that, it meant Rio was in his quarters. Unafraid of what the consequences were, Julian strode through a few hallways before coming to Rio’s room. A few men exited and walked in the way he was headed, not noticing the Cadet there. It was unlike the Captain to have others in his room like that. Something was up. Curious, Julian entered the room and listened as the door shut behind him. He pushed the lock button before exploring the space. “Captain?” He heard something coming up from the stairs. His boots were heavy on them as he made his way down to Rio’s laboratory. It was impressive… as he stepped forward he noticed something black on the floor. It was slick like ooze… Stormy hues looked over and focused on the healing pod. Frozen in place, Julian looked on with horror as he watched as the tissue of his muscles move slightly, as fiber by fiber his skin was being repaired. What had he done to himself?! He stood up and slowly walked over, Reeve was strangely silent on his shoulders as he reached up to touch the glass of the pod. “Captain… What happened?” Just then the VI came to life.

“Captain Rio is unstable, vitals are beginning to level but the Captain is still in critical condition.” That’s all he needed to know. He looked up happy he had locked the door behind him. He winced as Reeve shifted on his shoulders, making the wound in his arm ache. The bullet grazed him, but it still hurt. With a sigh, He lowered himself to the floor and leaned against the pod.

“I’ll just have to wait for you to wake up then… After all, if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here Captain…”

Duncan watched as Rio left the room. The Captain seemed a little more . . . distracted lately but the private wasn’t going to bring it up. Duncan could really care less if there was something bothering another person let alone Rio. Stretching, Duncan stood from his spot against Naga and made his way towards the couch that Reeve’s just evacuated. The silver haired male laid comfortably against the couch with his back propped up on the arm rest. Naga followed his master laying in front of the furniture almost as a shield for the private.

“So what’s so important that you would want us to be alone together?” the silver haired private smirked as he looked at the General from the corner of his eye. “You know it isn’t healthy for a man your age to be so STRESSED. You should really find ways to relieve it.” Duncan reprimanded the other playfully. He clapped his hands together as a mock thought came to him. “They say that the best stress reliever is sex . . . you might want to try it out Tyson it might loosen up that stick up your ass.”

The private turned his body so one foot was planted firmly on the ground while he had the other leg crossed over the planted one. Suddenly, a dagger appeared in his hand and skillfully he began to twirl it. His eyes not once looking at the sharp weapon. There were many things that Duncan wanted to tell Tyson but he knew that at the moment with the mood that the other male was in it wasn’t the right time or place for it especially with a possible hostile in their mist.

Sighing, Duncan leaned back against the couch his eyes cast to side but never once did the twirling of the dagger stop, “If a hostile has truly infiltrated us, we should try to bring in one of the rebel group leaders in for interrogation. The Lazardians wouldn’t be stupid enough to reveal their true location to a human, even if, the human was an ally but maybe the Lazardians revealed enough of their plan to their human followers which could be helpful to us.” Duncan looked at the other man questioningly, “What do you think Tyson? Or should we just wait for something more specific to happen?”

Duncan might not be one for following orders but he wasn’t above taking advice from someone like Tyson especially in a serious situation that they now found themselves in. “Why do you think that they are after Julian? He’s nothing but a tracker . . . a good one but still wouldn’t it be best for them to come after someone like you or someone who has the experience under their belt?”

Suddenly, Naga got to his feet growling at the door just before alarms went off. Duncan quickly got to his feet and was at the Chimera’s side in seconds. “I’m not sure what that Mutt of yours has done but the idiots just set off the alarms and don’t try to deny it was him. He’s the only one suicidal enough to put a whole lab in his SLEEPING quarters instead of an actual lab like a normal person,” Duncan growled glaring at Tyson. “. . . . But if something actual happened for the alarms to go off then something must have truly went wrong. He might be a worthless mutt but Rio knows what he’s doing” That was the closes thing to a compliment that would probably ever be directed to the white haired Captain. It was just too bad he wasn’t in the room to hear it.

“It will be so fucking easier for the rest of us once the two of you finally get laid.” Duncan growled as he walked towards the door opening it. only caused Naga to bare his fangs and growl more viciously. The silver haired private narrowed his violet eyes before jumping on the Chimera’s back. “Tyson, Naga just picked up a scent from a Lazardian. I’m going after it. You check on Rio.”

Not waiting for an answer from the other male, Naga sprinted out the door with the private on his back. There was an abundance of screams and cries of terror as the large Chimera ran down the many corridors as the two hunt down the Lazardian. Duncan ignored the noise and the other Crimson Blades who had to jump out of the way or risk being crushed by the large creature.

“What are you going to do?” a deep growl filled Duncan’s mind.

Without hesitation, the private replied, “Whatever I must."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duvian lead his second-in-command down the halls as they shared a companionable silence. Soon, they reached large double doors which held the royal symbol. The Crown Prince placed his hand flatly against the well carved wood releasing energy. The symbols began to glow before the doors began to slowly open themselves.

He walked in knowing that the other would follow him. The room that they had entered was a beautiful timeless paradise. It was decorated by countless of flowers and trees. In the center was one of the most majestic waterfalls one could ever lay eyes upon. Birds and other winged creatures from the Lazardians home planet filled the air while those forced to stay on land roamed amongst the foliage.

The Prince walked with grace as a sense of calm over whelmed him. Once he was near the water fall, Duvian to a seat amongst a boulder. He looked at his childhood friend, “You never been here have you? This was my mother’s most precious garden. She made this saying that it reminded her of our planet and the times when our people could easily accept what they had and be grateful of it.”

Duvian looked across the lake they sat in front of with a small yet sadden smile, “She asked me once ‘What is the difference between murder and revenge?’ Even now after all these years since her death, I still cannot answer her question. She told me that I would never be a worthy King if I could not answer such a question.” He turned to the other male beside him, “Tell me Zel, what do you think the difference between murder and revenge is?”

The General was about to open his mouth to answer the Private before the alarms went off, he sighed and rubbed his eyes before he walked calmly out of his room with Duncan. He watched him go off to search for the Lazardian while he ran towards Rio's room.

A thought was going through his head, he knew what he had tried to do and that didn't sit well with him. Tyson dodged other officers with grace and ease, hell he even pushed some of them out of the way just so that he could get to Rio's room.

The sirens and red alarm lights were going off like crazy, what was going on! "System 1467 report!" He shouted over all of the commotion, a robotic voice was heard through the hall that The General was running through.

"Alarm in Commanding Officers Quarters was triggered by the Captain... Alarm was set off in the west wing by a Private... All systems are going to have the base on lock down.... Is that all General?" The robotic voice said in a monotone type of voice which caused him to grit his teeth but take a deep and calming breath.

"That's fine!" "System and Base will be on Lock down in T minus 60 minutes...." As soon as the system had said that he finally reached Rio's room. He pressed a button to open the sliding automatic doors, he walked inside and straight down towards his Lab.

Tyson had been in Rio's room more then once to know where his lab was at. When he got in there he looked around the lab and saw Julian in there leaning against the pod. He walked over towards the pod calmly ignoring Julian for the time being.

He looked inside the pod with a frown gracing his lips, how many times has he told Rio to not test on himself? He sighed and finally looked over at Julian with a raised eyebrow. "What in the world are you doing in here private?" He asked in a semi-cold type of voice, his silver eyes were cold and held no emotion in them what-so-ever.

Zeldin was amazed at how beautiful this garden was, he had never seen anything so breathtaking in his whole life. He shook his head no when Duvian asked him if he has been here before. He followed his Prince over towards the waterfall and stood next to the bolder his friend was sitting on.

He was listening to what the Prince was saying but looked over at him when he felt his eyes on him. He blinked his jade green eyes a few times before he opened his mouth to speak, "What do I think? Hmm..." He took the end of his brown hair and played with it as a thinking expression crossed over his face.

"Well... I haven't thought of it... But I think murder is different then revenge because one is when you kill somebody with no meaning or cause... While revenge is when you do have a cause and meaning to take one's life... I could be wrong...." He said in his soft spoken voice. He then tilted his head to the side in a confused kind of way, "Why do you ask?"

The room smelled wrong, the blood smeared on the floor was even more so. That was not what Rio's blood smelled like. Reeve narrowed his eyes, whatever the Captain had done, it did something immeasurably complex to his anatomy that even his genetic odor had changed.

He knew that this would happen one day. Rio was just the guy who didn't care about methods but the outcome itself. If it meant killing innocents just for his goals to be met, the Captain would not hesitate to do it. And it was the same with doing tests to himself if subjects were not a commodity. The General had been kind enough to tell Rio not to do his tests to himself but Reeve knew that the Captain didn't really care about orders when it came to his experiments. Even if the outcome would have been his immediate death. That was why Reeve had taken to great lengths on placing a medical incubation pod, just in case something like this happened. Placing a neurological dampener chip in himself was something that Reeve had protested but Rio had told him that time that emotions were a weakness and the snake had lost his will to fight against it when the Captain had given him a silent yet remorseful look. But Reeve had approved of the results of Rio not having any emotion. His cruelty had diminished and every mission was finished as fast and as logical as possible. And it was an improvement knowing that the Captain didn't waste his time torturing every Lazardian that he fought with.

"Warning!" The Virtual Intelligence suddenly stated. "Vitals are dropping. Reading major alarms in both internal and external bleeding and injuries." Just as the VI stated it, Rio's sleeping figure threw up blood, enough so that the viscus liquid covered the hatch of the pod. "Heart rate destabilizing. Red alert on brain activity. Lungs is slowly being filled with blood. Both major and minor organs are starting to shut down."

Reeve moved quickly, going to the side of the pod and taking out a manual overdrive console. Clicking a few buttons, he made sure that the VI was in control of everything that was inside it. "Do not loossse him." He hissed and the VI gave him the affirmative. "Initiate Hibernation Protocol. Security clearance 7PI-804-LXC."

"Deep stasis initiated. Correcting critical conditions and functions." Reeve sighed, sometimes with Rio's intelligence, the guy was annoyingly stupid. "Warning foreign material detected. Continuation of stasis period can not commence."

"Override command. Remove Neurological Dampener Chip, but make sssure that he isss unssscathed from the operation." Reeve coiled, move so obvious that it showed how stressed he was, wanting to see what was happening inside but the blood against the hatch prevented him from seeing anything.

"Removal of chip will prove to be traumatic to subject's physical and mental stability." The VI warned and Reeve almost gave it a hiss of displeasure.

"Do it asss long asss it isss not fatal."

"Procedure commencing. Deep stasis will activate in t-point twenty-five minutes." The the pod produced an eerily bluish glow, remnant to the light that Reeve had seen the first time he became conscious of the world.

"When he wakesss up, I'm gonna fucking ssstrangle him myssself!" Reeve hissed, not really caring if he sounded as scared as he thought he was.

The few minutes he sat there felt like ages to him. The Captain, the man who had rescued him when everyone else fled the cavern Lazardian base. He owed him his life. He watched the large snake slither around to the pod, pressing a few buttons here and there, but for the most part, he left him to his devices. No, he wanted to be there in case Rio for some reason needed him. A gentle sigh passed through satin lips as he shook his head. "Rio, you are absolutely impossible... What could have possibly been more important to you? This weakened state? Or your life, strong and healthy? You know, I've told you in passing several times if you're going to do something good, do it for the good of humanity. Didn't I tell you that's what my father always said? What could this... Possibly be good for the sake of humanity?"

As he spoke idly to the healing corpse in the incubator, he heard the door open. Footsteps sounded heavy on the stairs as he rested himself along with the unconscious body of his Captain. Blood continued to seep through the wounds on his arm as he watched the figure of his General emerge and descend the stair case. As if he were invisible, he walked straight past him and focused on the incapacitated captain. Crystal hues focused on the Man who stood before him, demanding an answer on why he was there. He blinked a couple of times before whispering to him. "Look... Two years ago... The Captain here very nearly saved my life. I came initially to ask him why he never gave us the rendevouz point but I found THIS instead..." He gestured to the Pod before the VI began going off at them.

Julian turned back to the pod, rising to his feet he watched in utter horror as the Captain spewed up blood looking sick and nearly dead. The General was nonexistent to him in that moment. He hadn't been here initially when Rio started the experiment but now that he was here, watching as his Captain began to fail on him. Tears threatened to show his weaker side as he began to whimper. "No no no no no no NO! RIO! FUCK!" He didn't want to admit, but after their encounter, Julian wasn't strong without him, he didn't feel strong... He felt weak without him and lost. Tears streaked down his face as he revealed his weaker side to his General.

He watched as Reeves began to talk to the VI, frantically pressing the buttons and telling it to override things. It was obvious the serpent cared for him as well and, Julian admitted. When he first saw Reeves, he was a little put back by him, however, he grew used to the snake, and grew used to seeing Rio daily... "Please just hang on..." He whispered before turning his attention to the General, still not looking at him. "General... Lazardians... They have a device... That disguises them as humans... I saw it in the simulation chamber... I was up against him... We need to be careful..." He looked back at him, vulnerability evident on his face as his defenses had been broken by seeing his Captain near death. "I'll tell you more later... The Lazardian was transported to the infirmary with the others he has either, killed... Or handicapped... But right now... My place is here... I will take any punishment later... But I need to see him wake..." It was less a plea and more of the sound of desperation in his voice as he turned back to the opaque water.