[TV] The Walking Dead ... yes/yes?

mangotango

First, I hope this is in the proper section (and that this topic isn't already posted). :3

Second, are there any fans of the TV show The Walking Dead? I first saw the pilot episode online, and was hooked immediately. The effects and the way it was filmed reminded me of a movie... I had to remind myself that I was watching a TV show! NOTE: I haven't read the graphic novels, but I hear the show differs a bit (quite a bit?) from the original novels. Here's a little description (Wiki):

wd.png

Based on the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Most of the story takes place in the Atlanta metropolitan area and then the surrounding countryside of northern Georgia, as the survivors search for a safe haven away from the shuffling hordes of predatory "walkers" (as the zombies are referred to in the show), who devour any living thing they catch, and whose bite is infectious to humans. The plot is focused primarily on the dilemmas the group faces as they struggle to balance their humanity with their survival against the zombie horde, and later, how they cope with members being killed and deal with other human survivors they encounter, many of whom are dangerous and predatory themselves.

Anywho, I was just curious if there were other fans? I do have some (small) issues with the show, but I can look past those and just enjoy it for entertainment's sake. :3 The second half of Season 3 starts on February 10th and needless to say I'm pretty excited.

So, what do you guys think? :D

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangotango

• Miharu.187

• VP

• Woods

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
; I love this show!

i love how Rick woke up and discovered the area run-down! xD

YAY! I was afraid nobody watched it, haha xD I know, it was very dramatic! It always makes me wonder what I would do... reality is, I'd probably hide in a corner and cry my eyes out. ;-;

; so far I only seen season 1!

but I just love it!, also when they cross path with the zombie of their friends/relatives/wife/husband,, that's just sad,,!

Carl when I like this kid!!

and Glenn Rhee

Oh I hope you can catch the rest of it sometime! :3 I've seen it up to the mid-season 3 break, but I can't decide who I like best! One episode I love one character, the next, I love somebody else. It's a vicious cycle! xD

; aha that happens! but the reason I like Carl is because he learned how to grow stronger [even tho he grown distant to Lori and Rick] and Glenn cuz man he's asian! xD ahah

is the fourth season complete yet?

Nope, no 4th season yet. The rest of the 3rd season hasn't aired yet... it starts February 10th. I'm not sure how many episodes are left for season 3, but then the 4th season probably won't start till probably October. ;-;

; oh i see, cuz my friend said who is also a fan of this, that there'll be a 4th season xD

haha probably! also Shane in live action he looks tuck and in comics -___- mustache man! ahah

also have you played the game yet?

Yeah there will be a 4th season I think... it's just going places I never expected, as I haven't read the graphic novels yet. And I have tons of questions! Haha xD So they better have some more awesome stuff planned for season 4. I haven't played the game yet, have you?

; ahah yeah, I hate when things hate unexplained especially if it's survival stuffs/viruses!!

i haven't read the comics as well, but my friend send me the pic of the character version, Shane was the one i'm most disappointed it and then I remind myself, this is comics, not manga (where the survivors are usually hot) xD

yeah, i have but i haven't finished it, cuz I have to delete all my app in my ipod :p and I downloaded the game again about 3 weeks ago haha

Yeah exactly, I have questions that need answers and it's driving me crazy haha! :D I know there's a lot of hype around the show and it's popular, but I honestly didn't think I'd get into it. However, I did get a few of my friends interested, and now I think they're into it even more than I am! How funny huh?

; yeah, I have some too (but not in walking dead) since I only finished season 1 so far!! but in walking dead, how did this virus got out,, aahha yeh, i got my a friend of mine into anime and he downloads and watch anime more than me now,,!!

I heard from my friend (who love this show;he's my chat friend) anyways, he said in british it's a hit!!

Haha, yeah! I was wondering how popular it was in other countries, so that's funny that you mentioned that :D

; ahha, lmao; but I guess to people who watch this and happen to love anime as well (like my friend) to him and for me, this walking dead is like the live action version of high school of dead xD

Ah, well... I don't want to reveal anything about the later seasons... what made you like the first season?

; ahha it's alright, don't hold yourself back, i don't mind even if you give me spoilers :D

uhmm, probably the start of it, i mean i'm amazed how he woke up from coma and still a human; i mean like no zombie ever tried to attack him? haha

also i like walking dead due to it's trailer and there was a talk about it in some channel here in australia; i dind't watch the whole thing but it was something to do with the effects, like the makeup for the zombies!

Oh no I don't want to ruin things for ya :3 Yeah I think they might have won an award for their makeup or effects? I think... can't remember for sure. One thing I've noticed is that the music always creeps me out. I like it, but it creeps me out every episode.

; haha ok then, I guess I'll take you for that ^__^

well they have to grabbed the audience attention, and the music is always one way!! ahha

yeah, i think someone complicated how well done the amke is and it looks toooooooo reall!

speaking of which (another off topic) I was watching an asia horror movie i think it was room 315 anyways, my friends were like serious and I went to the kitchen to get some food and I heard the heavy creepy sound and I walked slowly and grabbed my friend's (boy) shoulder and I screamed and everyone screamed xD, gosh that was funny!! aha

That's true, and it certainly grabs my attention. I guess it makes sense that it has a "movie" feel for me, given the directors they have. I think I also have this soft spot for Andrew Lincoln (Rick) because of his character in Love Actually.

:_red_fox 4

But, I digress xD I just started this thread because I wanted to know what other people thought, and how they got into the show or the graphic novels. And if other countries were "obsessing with it" like I am haha! Which, we've already talked about a little bit. :3 So, I think we've stayed on topic somewhat... I figure as long as we can chat about the show/characters, then we'll be ok. ^^

Season 1 Trailer! Hooray! (I didn't want to post season 2 or 3, because that would probably spoil things and that's definitely no fun!) xD

[video=youtube_share;GJRNHAJAcYg]

Truee that, oh in Love actually where he played Mark and have a one sided love for a woman who happened to be his best friend’s girl, right?? Where there are some other stories in it, but I’m pretty sure it was this one hahaha

I see,, well there’s me here, not obsessed but I’m just loving it ^__^…

Also I saw this trailer before it was on the sbs I think

Yeah, I adore Love Actually. Every year around the holidays I want to watch it. :D

Yeah I thought I should post a trailer in case others come across the thread but don't know about the show ^-^

; haha it's reallly cute ^__^

truee, also when I first come across walking dead, beside the talk about their make up effects in tv, I saw the pic of it, like the one you have in here, where he is on the horse and walking towards the city while on the other side are cars that wants to leave the city! ^__^

^___^

yeah, it's a striking image, huh? It caught my attention, too! And that scene in the episode... I was like, "NOOOOO DON'T DO IT! RUN AWAY!" *bad vibes* haha :D