My Top 5 BL Drama So Far... What's Yours?

pokopori

My top 5 would be

Takumi-kun movies 2 to 5, i didnt really like the previous actors for some reason they werent as charismatic as daisuke and mao !!

Ai no kotodama

Eternal summer

Boys love, man did i cry over this one !!!

No regrets

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sloan

• pokopori

• Eerylin

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
when it comes to BL dramas, i have only watched a few like Takumi-kun series (though i was only up to the 3rd one) but when i read your post, i think imma jst skip the 4th one and just watch the 5th one...hehe what would you advise to me? watch the 4th or just skip it? >_

After i have read your post, i will really watch "No Regrets" and "Eternal Summer"!!! :D

• 1 month later...

5. Takumi kun 5

4. Just friends?

3. Boy meet boy

2. Junjou pure heart

1.Takumi kun 1

I just love the way Gii tries to get close to Takumi at Takumi kun 1 :hamtaro-005 (8):

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I have been watching/reading BL for about a year now. Manga, anime, movies and dramas. I absolutely love it all. But here are my top 5 favorites in the drama/movie categories.

1. Lovesick the Series

2. Formula 17

3. Boys Love 2

4. Doushitemo Furetakunai

5. Like Love and Nobody Knows But Me

Right By Me (cute)

Night flight (Violent and cruel but it shows reality, and it's not a too sad ending.)

Like love (their relation is funny, I love it, there is a uncut version +18)

Us against the world (romantic)

Life is beautiful (this one is special, it's a drama with 63 episodes and, it tells a story about a Korean family. There's a lot of characters and specially a gay couple really touching. Well, no scene between them, not a single kiss - it was a family program korean - but the two actors do a really good job to express the feelings of the two lovers.)

Seems like you have good taste in BL drama! I'v been wanting to watch some and it seems like you know what you're taking about. I've only ever seen a few BL movies like Takumi (and I really want to watch Seven Days since I liked the manga so much). If you ever want to share more about your faves I'd love to hear your recs!

Hello ACuckoo ;)

it depends on your taste, do you prefer the romanticism, realism, soft, sexy, hard ? Already, you can draw on my list, have you seen them? I like all genres. What I hate (though I look a little) it is the one side love and movies with sad endings.

I posted before but it's due for an update as I watched a lot more dramas. So it's a combo of TV drama/series and movies.

1. Fujimi Orchestra (JP) - sadly the last time Japan really made a good cast. Everything since then, UGH!!

2. Counterattack Web series (CN) - I just enjoyed every episode of it. (hopefully season 2 soon)

3. Lovesick the series (TH)- There are just so many m/m and sidestories that made it a fun ride!

4. Shiawase no Katachi (JP)- My favorite idol is in it, so I might be biased but the acting and everything was superb (since Arai Yuusuke and Yasuka Shouta are veterans) The love scenes are so yummy and they were better than 90% of Japanese BL films, UGH! No sad ending.

5. Either Shelter or The Graffiti Artist

• 4 months later...

I only have a couple of movies that I can watch again and again:

-Takumi-kun series: Pure -

The actors did an awesome work in my opinion, both of them portray their character's feelings so well.

Shingyouji is open, naive and pure about his feelings from the first moment he knows Misu. The actor also shows pretty well his insecurities, his complexes and how he prefers what he thinks is Misu's happiness over his own happiness.

I think Baba-chan (Misu) portrays perfectly that Misu hides his shy side and his own insecurities with his commanding tone and cold behaviour but he really cares for Misu. Honestly, if Baba-chan didnt do a good job with this, Misu would be pretty hateful on my eyes.

The kisses are really believable and passionate. They have such a good chemistry!

- The second movie is Ai no Kotodama. Not only they are so cute (both of them are so sweet together, I think they did a good job with the emotional part of the love story) and the girl is less annoying that you could think, but it was the first gay movie I watched that didn't end tragically (scarring my heart forever btw) so it has an special place on my heart.

I also watched and liked The rest of Takumi-kun series' movies (specially the last one), Formula 17, Antique, Seven days (even if the kisses are so dull), Sukitomo and some others and I plan to watch No regrets, Love place, Ame to kiss, Love is coming and Love Sick series.

I. Antique (Korean) - my absolute fav. I have it on my pc for rewatching.

II. Formula 17 (Taiwan) - cute and funny. ^_^

III. Ai no kotodama (Japan) - actually one of the first BL's I watched.

IV. Bangkok Love Story (Thailand) - I cried my eyes out. :|

V. Lan Yu (Hong Kong) - such a beautiful story, and another BL that made me emotional.

my top 5 (up to now LOL):

- Takumi-kun series 5 (Japan)

- Happy together (Hongkong)

- Fujimi Orchestra (Japan)

- Seven days (Japan)

- Timeline (Thailand)

most of them are Japanese ~lmao, and I don't rank them as the No.1 and No.5 since I can't decide which one I love most =)))

• 11 months later...

are you talking dramas or movies? it seems like most people are listing movies.

i've been on a thai kick lately so most of my dramas are thai

1. lovesick (i fell in love with the novel first)

2. sotus

3. diary of a tootsie

4. addicted (very sad it we'll never see the rest of it)

5. grey rainbow

if its movies then

formula 17

love nextdoor

seven days

my bromance (i bawled, i admit it)

the blue hour

i used to watch lots of chinese bl movies and series but i got tired of everyone dying or leaving in the end so now not so much. i just stick to the books instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Personal Top 5

1. Love Sick The Series:

First Thai BL series I watched and I am so happy I did. It opened up a new world for me.

:Kyaa-Screaming-01:

2. Renai Shindan: Unmei no Kodou

Sad. It is so sad but the ending is what really made me lose my mind and break my heart.

3. Make It Right: The Series:

Each of the love stories between the main couple and other couples is not-at-all boring in the least. Butterflies showered my stomach every episode.
THE FEELS!!!

:Starry-eyed:

4. Translates into:

:

The historical theme and time-travel is nice, some of the content is difficult to understand at times but other than that, I loved this movie.

5. Jinroh Shokei Game: So sweet. Didn't expect it to be a BL and the ending provided a good cry.

Other recommendations and Non-Asian BL:

I REALLY wanted to put Addicted as my number 1 but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I am so sad there will never be a season 2, it would have been an amazing production and would have nicely wrapped this up as my all-time #1.

:Crying:

KO and MoJaTa from Love O2O. In the novel it turns out that they are really a couple but it wasnt obvious in the series. HOWEVER, the few scenes that they had was ADORABLE. I just looked it up on Youtube and found a

and
of their scenes together.

The Way He Looks (2014) is also really good for those who want a heavy feeling in their chest and a big splash of sadness. Watched it on Netflix.

Watercolors that

mentioned was a beautiful movie. I cried and had so many butterflies in my stomach. The ending just got me because it all came together in the end.

*Picked a Top 5 that I think others should watch.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1. NO REGRET ( The Best of All time. So far none BL movies can beat this one ^^)

2. Antique (Well duh , Of course )

3. Love Sick The Series ( Legend. Love Sick has changed the game for BL dramas, from tragic/sad ending to happy ending ^^) . Plus Captain is too cute!

Personal Top 5

1. Love Sick The Series:

First Thai BL series I watched and I am so happy I did. It opened up a new world for me.

:Kyaa-Screaming-01:

2. Renai Shindan: Unmei no Kodou

Sad. It is so sad but the ending is what really made me lose my mind and break my heart.

3. Make It Right: The Series:

Each of the love stories between the main couple and other couples is not-at-all boring in the least. Butterflies showered my stomach every episode.
THE FEELS!!!

:Starry-eyed:

4. Translates into:

:

The historical theme and time-travel is nice, some of the content is difficult to understand at times but other than that, I loved this movie.

5. Jinroh Shokei Game: So sweet. Didn't expect it to be a BL and the ending provided a good cry.

Other recommendations and Non-Asian BL:

I REALLY wanted to put Addicted as my number 1 but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I am so sad there will never be a season 2, it would have been an amazing production and would have nicely wrapped this up as my all-time #1.

:Crying:

KO and MoJaTa from Love O2O. In the novel it turns out that they are really a couple but it wasnt obvious in the series. HOWEVER, the few scenes that they had was ADORABLE. I just looked it up on Youtube and found a

and
of their scenes together.

The Way He Looks (2014) is also really good for those who want a heavy feeling in their chest and a big splash of sadness. Watched it on Netflix.

Watercolors that

mentioned was a beautiful movie. I cried and had so many butterflies in my stomach. The ending just got me because it all came together in the end.

*Picked a Top 5 that I think others should watch.

I'm going to check these. Something in there caught my eyes. Thank you!

My recommended list are as follows:

1. Addicted

2. Counterattack

3. History obsessed

4. Ai no kotodama

5. Doushitemo furetakunai

6. The boy next door

7. A round trip to love

8. Crystal boys

9. Oppressive love

10. We are not human

11. Rebirth