• 5 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scheska

• ai_kaze69

• maknaehariiex27

It started in middle school when I got hooked into the Korean culture. The first Kpop song I heard was Gee by SNSD or Insomnia by Wheesung. First it was good then I slowly fell in love with the boy and girl bands. I remember being into Super Junior, 2NE1, Kara, Big Bang, and all those older bands that debut at that time. It reached high school my sophomore year when I fell in love with Mona Lisa by MBLAQ. Oh jeez so it's been a while. I was on and off into Kpop for a while but I just got back to that scene.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been five years, if I'm not mistaken. I think I started listening to kpop around september/october 2010. I started with SHINee (Lucifer, to be precise), then started liking others like MBLAQ or Beast or BigBang, and then the following year I found Infinite and they became my favourite group up until now.

I realised some time ago that my interest in other groups has been diminishing with the years. In the beginning I was what we call 'multifandom', but now I can hardly feel enthusiastic or excited or even curious over anything not-infinite. It's a bit sad, because now I find myself not understanging a lot of what other fans talk about and sometimes not even caring, but it somehow happened. Maybe I over-exposed myself to the industry and now it tired me? I don't really know what happened. But I do like other groups, and listen to other songs, it's just that most of my attention is focused on my boys and their doings.

• 1 month later...
Not long. I just started listening to exo a couple of months ago. I'm not well versed in the kpop world. Would love suggestions.

Well, if I had to suggest a group of course I'd tell you to give Infinite a chance. I love them and their music, even though my musical preferences fall quite far from them in any normal situation. But the thing with kpop is that there are so many, so f*cking many groups out there, it's madness.

These are some of the groups I usually find myself listening to:

Infinite (surprise): they usualy have a slightly (or not so slightly) retro style, polished and capable voices, good dance performances and great shows... I really love them.

SHINee: they're a little bit more eclectic, I guess.

B.A.P.: they go for a slightly different image, little bit tougher in their track songs, but everything goes after that. They have two good rappers and a powerful main vocal that gives them a distinctive sound.

EXO: well, you know these boys

Block B: certainly more hip-hop oriented, have some real damn catchy songs

BigBang: these are widely known and the more occident-oriented of the bunch. They can be really... weird. But catchy. They go for hip-hop.

Roy Kim: this one is a soloist with very soft, lighthearted music. Totally calming and sweet, though many would say he's plain boring...

Nell: this one's a rock band that goes for indie, you would say. They have a Muse-like vibe, if you want a comparision.

Well, that's all I can think of, tried to give you some variety. Hope you find something you like!

• 4 weeks later...

I dont Think you can call me a FAN, Its ok Music when i want something easy to litsen to. I first started when I Heard, (this goes far back) The Trax.... if you remember them... anyone??

I liked one of their songs and after that I started to keep my Eyes opend for more. so perhaps/ at least around 2008- very ISH!

BUT I am very picky wih Music and for me there are very few people who can sing good live (not just k-pop this goes for all)

Pop Music has never been "my thing", I was litsening to rave and hardcore techno Music as a kid, so pop Music is just very simpel nice Music that i litsen to but i dont value it as high as other types of Music.

There are however a lots of good bands, Big bang, u-kiss i ok, g-dragon (solo, heartbreaker) CN blue, Gackkasten....

I prefer male bands cuz there voices are not so high as for the Girls... and the guys look better, so yeah, Eye candy.

Kpop is fun and there are lots of cute guys, yay for that.

(I do like the fact that the guys are "cute" and not so masculin, I Think its good that (what my friends call them) "feminine" guys takes Place in media. It dosent Always have to be big muscel guy with Game of thrones beard who screams "Aarrr".)

Hm, I first started in 2010 or 2009? Yep. The first kpop song is.. 2ne1 - fire! Yay! When 2ne1 debuted, I loved 2ne1, yep my childhood days. Until I'm amazed by the other groups like bigbang, u-kiss, kara, t-ara and many more. I'm exo fan too, when they debuted... I'm in love with chanyeol, he's my bias until now.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't label myself as fan or at least I'm a casual fan not hardcore.

I listen to kpop because it easy to freely listen to it like in youtube in their official channel. Jpop kinda strict as hell.

• 1 year later...

Ive been a fan since end of 2008 beginning 2009 cant recall exactly. I started with the SM groups (Shinee, SuJu, and TVXQ) but now im into FT Island, AOA, SF9, WINNER, Black Pink, and Big Bang. Regardless im not a hardcore fan because no time for it.

it's been 4 years....uwaaahh i just realize it my self that i've been kpopers for 4 years o.O hahahhaha

i like FT Island XD and Mblaq ^^

and my ultimate bias is Song Seunghyun,,he's soooo adorable and i can't take my eyes from him >.

OOOMMMMMMGGGGG! Another Pri! Im a fan of FT Island but there are very few that like them around me. My bias is Hongki and then Minhwan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OOOMMMMMMGGGGG! Another Pri! Im a fan of FT Island but there are very few that like them around me. My bias is Hongki and then Minhwan.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
OMG SERIOUSLY??!!!! OH, GOSH, I'M SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!! XDDD

Yeah, there's just a few that like them around me either >.

Did you hear "Where's the truth" album?? It's really good ;D