Restoring The Balance (Closed Group RP)

tuti

Fire God, Meng:

Appearance:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hair: Red

Eyes: Gray

Meng is intelligent but too arrogant and pretty much hates humans. He believes that they are not worthy of living down on earth. "They are greedy creatures that long for what they cannot have and wont stop at anything in order to get it." Now that the balance between the elements has finally broken he sees it as his chance to grab absolute power and clean the earth of humans.

Earth God, Zhen:

Appearance:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Gold/yellow

Zhen is a very strong and hot-headed Earth God who tries to help the young human boy to become the new Air God. He can be very helpful in battle...when his mind is not clouded with anger - of course. He has a close friendship with the Water God.

~~~

"To die for a human girl…very foolish - my little brother." The pillar of the element of fire said, his voice barely audible as he sat on his throne staring intently at the ring of flames dancing violently in front of him. His kingdom was situated somewhere higher than the mountains surrounded by several dangerous volcanoes - too hot and far from the reach of humans. The only inhabitants of the palace, besides the Fire God himself, were his loyal servants and army. Running a hand lazily through his long and silky red hair he addressed a young man who appeared bowing in front of him. The man wore a heavy army uniform, typical of the kingdom of fire, his red hair chopped close to his skull . "Yes, Hu?" The God said acknowledging the other man's presence.

"My lord, it has come to our attention that the Gods of Earth and Water have descended to the human world." The loyal soldier informed still bowing in front of his master. Hu was part of the Fire army and one of Meng's most loyal servant. Furthermore, just like everyone else in the palace, he was immortal. There were only two methods to kill an immortal being. You either cut the person's head off or you ban them from the Heavens. Once banned and back to the human world, where most of them were originally born, they will no longer be immortal beings and will live their lives like any other human. Aging, getting sick and eventually die. Of course, to kill a God it would take a lot more than that.

It was still unknown what really happened to Peng, the previous Air God, but Meng couldn't care less. This was the right moment to grab absolute power and let those meaningless humans to rot and perish. He’d been the ruler of the element of fire for many centuries, longer than the other two remaining Gods, and every time he looked down on humans to check on them - he was disappointed at their evil nature. They are greedy creatures who only want what they cannot have and wont stop at anything to get it. It disgusted him that such race was allowed to live down on earth...Well not for long anyways.

"My lord, do you wish for me to send the troops after them?" Hu asked looking up at his master, ready to go into battle if Meng so wished. Meng stood up from his throne, his long silky hair flowing down his back. "No. Let them be. I want to see how far they are willing to go through with this." He said with a hint of amusement in his bright gray eyes. The ring of fire in the middle of the room suddenly stood still as a vision started to unfold itself in front of Meng. It was still blurry but it would always show Meng what he wanted to see.

~~~A few moments before~~~

Zhen arrived at the kingdom of water and was immediately welcomed by a beautiful servant girl. "Lord of the element of Earth, welcome to the kingdom of Water." The young girl said as she bowed in front of Zhen. She looked very young indeed, barely sixteen, but in reality she was a thousand years old. "Tell your master we need to discus urgent matters." Zhen said as he made his way towards one of the many gardens of the palace, where beautiful water fountains decorated the already breathe-taking beautiful scenery and waited. The Earth has finally spoken to him, the element of Air has chosen it's new pillar!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• theblackdog

• Yujiko

• 「viviD

5f4485.jpg

Name: Mizui (How original...)

Hair Color: Steel Blue

Eye Color: Teal

Mizui is the Water God, just like the water, he is a calm, level-headed and patient. However, he is quite lazy, has zero motivation (most of the time) and sometimes complains but still gets the job done. He may not look like it with his everyday sleepy/bored face, he is actually perceptive. He has times of being blunt and also being weird.

The servant girl bowed again, "Yes, Lord of the earth." before scurrying away to get her master. It wasn't long before she found him, staring at the water on one of the fountains, one of his finger circling the air with a trail of water following his fingers movement. She bowed even when he was not facing her,

"My King, the Lord of Earth wishes to meet you, it seems to be urgent as he said, he currently waiting for you." She relayed, grabbing Mizui's attention. The water following his movements returned to the fountain, he blinked his sleepy-looking eyes and was now facing her, "Ehhh? Really? Aww, why does it have to be now?" He complained lightly, nevertheless, moved away from his position, most likely to meet up with the Earth God. She only shook her head in response, most likely used to his complaining.

"Thank you, Xie." He said, once he passed her, he could feel her bowing towards his back, ah, such a polite sweet girl, Mizui was lucky to have her. While walking, taking his time, he let his thoughts flow. Urgent matters? He had a feeling it involved the disappearance of the Air God and the calamity that had been unleashed to the human world. It was only because the Air God went missing to the human world that was the cause of the disasters.

"Yo, Zhen-Zhen!" He greeted with a raised hand, once he saw the waiting Earth God. He may be mad of being called 'Zhen-Zhen' but Mizui always called him that, except when he was serious but he really often wasn't so that made it all of the time. "Let me guess, the urgent matters you are talking about is about the Air God, yes? Something happened?"

attachment.php?attachmentid=22203&d=1357855917

Name: Suoh Hi

Origin: Fire God's Creation, His Weapon

Bio: A vassal to the ruthless fire god. He is pulled from his deep slumber and called to duty to assist the fire god in his revolution. For as long as there's been gods, there were soldiers who served them. Suoh was birthed from the flames of creation and holds a very deep and blind love for his god. In the many wars the god's have raged on one another, he put himself in harms way in the most unimaginable ways to protect his god's ideals. But now he must put forth everything he has, a revolution has begun and his flame will heed to no man or god. Temperamental and passionate, his will burns deep for a change the world will soon never forget. He often sounds idealistic, young in his ways. His god as his idol, he sometimes tries to model himself after him. Suoh's determination and perseverance is unmatched as he sets up a world ideal for his god.

In a tomb surrounded by molting rock sleeps the vassal, Suoh of the fire god, Meng. The most terrifying soldier beneath the god, he is kept in a protective cocoon of rock and fire. His mind in a deep slumber, he only dreams of his god, watching through his mind's eye waiting to be awoken. He has served his god since the dawn of time and is considered a weapon forged from the flames of creation. Suoh's heart began to beat suddenly and he felt a rumble stir around him. He knew the time of reckoning was upon him. His god had become excited and he could feel the emotion quiver through his body. Something down in the human world was beginning, as he could feel a god had fallen. There were many who mourned this death, their broken hearts reaching out from the heavens, the very sadness awakening something in him, something maniacal. As there were feelings of regret, contempt, and even vengeful hearts whose darkness enveloped him.

It had only become in his nature to feed off their darkness when the fire god had soon come to loathe the human world, his contempt penetrating Suoh's being. He would follow Meng into the depths of hell if it meant pleasing his God for he was his first creation. Suoh remained in his tomb, his essence coming to life with all that was beginning to happen in the heavens. He would watch through his God, and wait patiently to be called to arms.

gw_wufei2.jpg

Name: Chang

Origin: WuFei Province, China

Bio: He was only a simple monk from the beginning. One day there was a terrible storm blowing through and his village was being violently torn apart. Unable to control himself, he felt a strange aura wash over him and it seemed as though he was grasping Air itself. He was exiled from his home and temple, accused of working against the gods and their plans. He felt his calling, and would roam as far as took to determine what it all meant. He didn't understand why this was happening to him but now he searches for the one who he feels in his heart is the one who will make it all very clear to him. A voice from long ago calling out for his "God"

A terrible wind blew through the province, smashing through walls and tearing down trees. Chang awoke to a sudden burst of fire as the walls around began to burn. He shot to his feet and grabbed a small charm that had fallen from his hand as he slept. It had a symbol engraved on it, however it was in a dialect he had never seen before. The sound of screaming and wailing echoed down the streets as he made his way out of the temple he had taken refuge in. Behind him it crumbled to the ground, any inhabitants inside already doomed. He breathed heavily, his eyes unmoving from the sky. It was pitch black, clouds rolling furiously towards him. The wind was enough to blow him off his feet had he not a good grip on a nearby tree. Men, women, and children ran past him, crying and praying for their lives.

Suddenly, Chang awoke, finding himself beneath a bridge. He was sweating and couldn't catch his breath. A nightmare of what occurred haunting him even as he slept. After the incident at his village, he was exiled by the survivors of the horrific storm that suddenly roared through. A ray of light poured through a crack and hit his eyes. For a moment he wanted to stay like this. The warmth of that light comforting him, but he cringed at the thought of ever feeling content. What was it that he had done? Could it have possibly been him that caused his village to be blown away? He wanted to look to the heavens for answers but somehow felt an emptiness in him. Something didn't feel right. He knew he had not plotted against the gods yet he felt he was being punished none the less.

He had only set out on this journey because he couldn't stop his feet from moving, not the fact his fellow villagers had demanded he leave. His heart began to race, echoes of voices in his mind. He couldn't understand the language and it seemed to pain him to hear these voices. What could it possibly mean? All he knew was he had to keep walking, his journey could not end until he found what his heart was calling for. The monk rose to his feet and collected what little possessions he had. He reached the top of the hill and continued down the abandoned path, in his mind completely lost, his heart reaching out leading him.

“Our wills are ours, we know not how; Our wills are ours, to make them thine.”

Lord Alfred Tennyson

theAnimeGallery_com_75110_1920x1200.jpg

Name: Hayato Feng

Hair: Ash Grey

Eyes: Deep Teal

Bio: Unreliable, unpredictable, and uncontrollable- these are few words that can describe Hayato. He is a rather renown ronin among the many villages and cities across the lands. Charming in the greatest, this man could never be caught or out smarted- he was always three steps ahead. However, he's rather lazy and won't do anything that doesn't involve complete personal gain. He can see past any lie, scale any guarded building, and escape any prison. He knows his limits, he knows his mind- he is sound and wise. He knows himself so well and no one can see it- no one can really see him for who he really is. He tends not to trust anyone, after all- he's as wild and free as the wind...

((Soon to be Air God)

Tph Tph Tph

A man with plum hued locks dashed across a field of wheat, fleeing from something. His pace quick and movements sharp. Vwhoosh The wheat would whistle as he flew by them, almost running across air. He was indeed fast on his feet- never missing a step. The man looked back and grinned- he was already halfway across the field. Deep teal eyes followed the lining of trees that border the field behind him, seeing the slower samurai's chase after him. Whipping his head back forward, he ran into the forest that lined the opposite end of the field, the direction in which he was fleeting.

After another thirty minutes of running, he slowed to a stop. He was sure that he had lost the samurai by this point. "Whoo!" Yelped the man as he plopped down by a small stream, taking a breather. For a moment, and a moment alone, he took in his surroundings. Breathing deep, long breaths- sensing every earthy smell he could. Smiling, the man dipped a hand into the stream, scooping up some water to drink- to quench his thirst. He brought the liquid to his mouth, drinking every bit he could. He then closed his eyes and bowed his head," Thank you..." The words floated softly from off his lips, said with heart. They were to the gods above, the ones who he tried so desperately to not believe in. He failed himself at that- not believing in the gods, that is. He always had this unnatural feeling of subconscious belief that they existed. Standing slowly the young man sighed and smiled up at the sky. Feeling the wind float by his cheeks, brushing them ever so softly- he relaxed. He felt as if the wind bent against him, as if he could sense it's direction before even feeling it against his skin. The man always felt drawn to the element...

It wasn't long before the young man began to walk again, soon finding a somewhat cleared trail. But, suddenly he stopped, hearing foot steps in the distance. No... It couldn't be them... I lost them almost an hour ago... Deep teal eyes faded silently into the trees, watching, waiting for the creature making the sound to come into his line of vision. The man, Hayato was his name, gripped the hilt of his katana with his left hand. I'm waiting for you... The wind began to blow heavy against him, picking up dust and sand. Hayato stepped back behind the tree, silently, catching some of the things in his eyes. Damn you wind! The ronin held his blurry eyes in the direction of the footsteps- he wasn't about to let this little amount of pain be the death of him.

It felt like days he had wandered aimlessly yet somehow his feet found a singular path. Chang had not slept nor eaten but oddly it did not phase him in the least. The day he left he felt a change in him, something unnatural had manifested inside of him. Even as he walked he could merely listen to the wind around him and it would tell him the secrets of the land. Wars hundreds of years past, souls that still trespassed the living world, and echoes of voices that appeared from thin air. He suddenly felt like a new born, unable to control his new found sense. And it appeared no matter how far he traveled, the rolling clouds that haunt his dreams follow in his footsteps, never too far behind.

He had been walking for a few hours in broad daylight, trying not to stop in fear of the storm catching up to him. The wind grew stronger and clouds of dust obstructed his view of the path ahead. Something, rather someone, beckoned him to a dead stop. His heart raced with anticipation, his eyes wide ignoring the sudden chilling wind enveloping him. He looked over his shoulder slightly, the wind growing to a roar. Finally the clouds hovered above and the push of the wind threatened to pummel him to his knees. Compelling as it seemed, he felt a rise in him and fought against all forces of nature, except the one his heart was yearning for.

"You're here, aren't you?" He called out, his voice reaching out over the storm. "Please, show yourself to me my Lord!" He fell silent, listening closely to the whoosh of the wind as it cut past him violently.

The wind began to blow fiercely around Hayato, his clothes waving in the wind. The dust hiding his view of the nearing stranger. Damnit! I can't see! Why don't you stop wind?! Without cause, rhyme, or reason- the wind died down slightly. However little it died, it weakened the dust clouds enough for the man to see a figure- a silhouette. The clouds from above bringing over a dark hue to the skies. "You're here, aren't you?" Hayato froze. How could he have known I was here?! I've hidden myself perfectly! I've been far quieter than any wind against the leaves of an autumn tree! This can't be! Silently, the ronin watched. Battling whether or not to take a step into the grey dust. "Please, show yourself to me my Lord!"

The ronin's eyes shot wide for a moment, I... I don't understand?! The silent man took hidden steps from out of the forest and onto the clearer, still dusted, pathway. He stood there, hand still on his katana, confused- a face straighter than a sword's edge. He stared hard at the silhouette as the wind quickly died, the dust swiftly fell, and the clouds continued to loom. "Who are you...?" Deep teal eyes held their focus," How did you know I was here?" Taking a quiet step back, Hayato took a stance.

His eyes closed for a moment, releasing his hands to the wind gently. As the wind retreated he could make out a form stepping into his view several feet before him. His chest felt tight and his head began to whirl. Before he could calm himself he took a step forward, stopping suddenly to stop from startling the other man. Somehow he knew this was the moment he had been searching for. The dust settled and revealed his whole form to Hayato. His clothes were ragged, his form a sickly sight. But, he felt something inside him, as he were being reborn again. He found himself again and offered a small smile. "So, it's you." He began never moving his black gaze from the other's. "I have found you at last, my Lord. Somehow... Somehow I just knew it was you." He took a few steps forward, ignoring the katana clutched in Hayato's firm grip.

Kneeling down he lowered his eyes from him, a sign of his submissiveness to him. He acted purely on instinct but it felt all to familiar to him. "When the Gods fall from the heavens, it is a sad sight to behold. But with death, there is rebirth." The words seemed to have found him, flowing from his lips. He blinked and looked up to Hayato, beholding his form that he was closer. "I have no name but with every face there must be an identification. Please, call me Chang, my Lord." He searched Hayato's eyes, his expression curious and longing questionable. He still did not understand what drove him to this point, but this man before him could hold his answers.

"Get up you drunken man..." He said plainly. He growled and stepped back, letting go his grip of his katana. "-And here I thought you actually knew who I was..." The man smirked a he twirled on his shoes and began walking. What a loon! Calling me lord and speaking such a nonsense! He must have been close to stupor only a hour or so before now... "Go back..." Hayato turned back to the man still kneeling. "What did you say?" He blinked. It was as if he whispered in my ear- but he's to far to even speak loud enough for me to hear with this wind blowing like this... "Go back!!!" Demanded the howl of the wind. It was a shrill high-pitched tone that brought the young ronin to his knees. "AHHH!"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" Screeched the man clutching his ears. The shrill sound unbearable. "Go back!!!" The man stood and wobbled back over to the monk. Hayato fell to his knees before the other man, head drooped from pain. The shrill sound floated away, leaving him confused. "..." Lifting his head slightly, the ronin looked to the man before him," What was that...? That shrill sound that demanded I return to you?" Gripping the cloth the other wore, he yelled," What the hell is happening?! Why was I just hearing voices?!"

He watched as the other turned and started off away from him. He remained kneeling, helpless against the wind. He didn't feel anything at this moment, only content. 'He can't fight this alone.' A thought emerged, he almost thought there was a voice in his head but it seemed to have come from his own will. "I...I don't understand. But I will do it." He spoke out loud, observing Hayato stumble back towards him. He saw the confusion in his eyes and his eyes darkened slightly. He didn't have the answers either. Rising to his feet, he pulled Hayato up with him, placing a hand onto his as he grabbed at his clothes.

He felt empathy towards Hayato, the pain reaching to his own being. He no longer felt like just an ordinary monk, but something far greater. "The words...they just-" He started, stopping to contemplate. "When I speak to you I feel as if I've known you my whole existence." His black eyes trailed towards the teal orbs and held onto to them. "I can not control my nature anymore. I feel as though I am following God's will." He gripped Hayato's hand more tightly. "The voices... I hear them as well... I believe they are the Gods. I can not understand them, but I feel something great in you... Hayato." His eyes widened for a moment, the man's name suddenly revealing itself to him. He hardly had time to revel in it, the clouds above were still brewing and he felt a sense of urgency.

"I fear humans hold too much darkness in their hearts. While I am so, I can not serve my Lord and assist him on his righteous journey. Somehow, I feel tainted..." He lowered his gaze, somewhat ashamed of himself, an unworthiness growing inside of him. "I can feel it though. My Lord can cleanse me and make me whole again." He said more quietly, his tone low.

(wow you guys had a hard night of work, huh? xDD btw you know the human boy is a the son of a king right? but that's fine I love his personality. ;))

Zhen stared calmly at the flow of the water running from one of the fountains to the other; it was a very soothing movement that brought peace into Zhen thoughts. Nevertheless, the sound of Mizui taunting voice pulled him out of his train of thoughts. He looked up into the face of the handsome Water God, his left eyebrow twitching with anger at being called by that hideous nickname. "Stop calling me that!" He hissed through his teeth and folded his arms over his chest.

But no matter how much he wanted to sit here and enjoy the relaxing effects of the water fountains or just bite Mizui's head off, there was urgent matters that had to be taken care of. The human world was filled with chaos because of the broken balance of the elements. The brown haired male nodded glad to know that Mizui was at least as worried as he was about the situation at hand.

"It is." He confirmed as he moved closer to the other God, the resolve in his golden eyes never waver. "The Earth has spoken to me, the Air element has finally chosen its pillar." He began to explain. "It's a boy, a young prince actually, his father is the king of some southern country. But for some unknown reason he has chosen the path of a rurouni...wandering off, leaving behind his wealth." He further said and paused. "I'm not sure if the Air element made the right decision picking him, but we need to make him the pillar as soon a possible." Before Meng does something about it. It wasn't news to them that Meng wasn't quite fond of the idea of restoring the balance. In fact, the Fire God was pretty much causing several disasters himself. Making volcanoes to erupt, enhancing the heat of the sun which would eventually make it harder for farmers to harvest, damaging the crops.

"I think this time, we should personally help this boy receive the commands of the element." The balance of the elements had never been broken like this before - usually the element would choose its pillar with enough time in advance, preventing the world from falling into chaos, like now. Apparently, the sudden death of Peng couldn't have even be foreseen by the elements. "It is alright if you don't come down with me." He quickly added knowing how lazy Mizui could be. There is one important reason why they weren't supposed to go down to the human world as they pleased. Down on the human world a God was still powerful but not as powerful as he could be. And as the elements no longer were in harmony, so were the wild demons lurking around...

---

A loud grumbling noise was heard from deep inside a group of trees close from where the two human boys were standing. The trees began to shake violently before a huge beast with horns on each side of its head rushed forward. It's eyes filled with evil and thirst for human flesh. The beast let another roar as it wildly ran towards Hayato and Chang ready to feed upon them.

Mizui smiled at him lazily "But it is too cute, Zhen-Zhen," he teased, eyes glinting, "besides, I don't want anyone to be afraid you because of your temper, they need to know your cute side!" Cute side? Wasn't it weird of the Earth God to have a cute side? They would be bewildered to have the Earth God to be called by a 'cute' name, he was much too handsome and sophisticated to have a cute side.

But that was Mizui, and the fact that both him and Zhen are close friends despite having personalities that clash. Who would have thought? They didn't show it, it wasn't obvious either. Nevertheless, they were close.

The Water God listened, in another day, he would listen to only half-way pay attention to something else for he would be too lazy to listen through the end, but this was not another day, it was important that is why he paid Zhen his full attention. "Ah." He could hear the unsaid words. Meng... it was not new that Meng spite the humans, so it was not surprising for him to take advantage the current state of the human world. They both knew it and right now, they were needed. Needed to protect the new Air God from the Fire God's forces.

Mizui was silent, it wasn't until he went close to one of the fountains that he spoke, "Those poor humans..." He murmured, staring intently at the water, why would he just stare at the water? A noise suddenly emitted from the fountain, the sounds of rippling, revealing an image,

Humans, looking so thin and has bags on their eyes, trying to find food. There was a burnt field, most likely it was their only food supply. They looked troubled, their appearance were all pitying.

They needed to be saved.

The balance must be restored.

Besides that, Mizui saw Zhen's eyes, unwavering determination to help and it enamored him. How surprising, the Water God contemplated, his eyes now looking back to the Earth God, it was still there in his eyes, do you have something else that you did not show, even to me? With that, it was enough motivation for him to say - "I'll go."

Zhen finally smiled at Mizui, really smiled at him. He was beyond happy that Mizui had agreed to join him in his quest to help the soon to be Air God. He wasn't a fan of the human race but he just couldn't stand aside and let them suffer. "Alright we should make our leave now then. Why don't you inform your servants that you'll be absent for some time, while I prepare the Qilins for us to go?" He suggested.

A Qilin is a mystical creature that resembles a horse and has a long horn right in the middle of its forehead. Each God would receive their Qilin upon receiving the commands of the element they were to be pillar of. These majestic creatures could be used for the Gods to travel to the mortal world but they couldn't stay. If the God wished to return, then the Qilin would reappear and take him back to the heavens. Once a God dies, so will his Qilin.

After getting his and Mizui's Qilin ready both male made their long trip to the mortal world. The Qilins galloped fast in the air, but to the Gods it felt like they were peacefully floating between the soft clouds. Soon the clouds surrounding them began to clear away and land could be seen. Zhen glanced at Mizui loving the way his hair flowed as it danced gracefully in the air.

((I actually didn't know lol XD OH WELL OWO))

"Wha-What are you saying?!" Yelled the young ronin," Don't touch me!" A low growl came from his throat as he jerked his hand away. That's it! This is all to weird!

Suddenly a grumble was heard from the woods. Hayato turned his body to examine the direction of which the sound came from. "Something dark is here..." Showing his teeth, he hissed a growl- unique at best. The beast, well... Demon beast, began towards them- ramming everything in it path to the two humans. "What the hell is that thing?! He yelled pushing the monk out of the way- the best missing them. "If it keeps doing this it's going to destroy the only remaining forest in this region! I can't let this happen!" The ronin rose to his feet, snaring insults at the demonic best. "Hey over here you little runt!"

Sure the insults were weak, but it turned the beast around. "Come at me..." Hayato's eyes narrowed on the beast that towered him. Without a second to spare, it began to charge at him- full speed. Eye focusing- he had a small strategy.

The beast's hooves clomped towards him. Raising a hove, he slammed his foot down over the ronin. before the hove hit the ground, Hayato had moved- the beast had not seen him. Climbing up the demon's back, the man goal was to put his katana through the beast's skull. Suddenly the beast began to fling it body throwing Hayato off, making him crash hard against the ground,"-GAHH!"

The beast turned in his direction, beginning to run after his limp form, but before the beast could trample him he roll over and stabbed the beast in the side. A loud howl of pain was followed by another kicking round, sending the ronin once again across the ground," Ge-AH!" Hayato tried to stand or even crawl- this wasn't going to be as easy as he had first perceived it to be...

Mizui was stunned to say at least, he had never seen him smile like and it was very rare, in how many decades did Mizui saw that smile? He did not remember, he did not know even if Zhen had smiled like that, even once, to anyone. Or was it only him that he showed that smile?

'How cute.' He thought before they prepared- prepared to step to the human world and save its mankind, more especially from the Fire God. Mizui could foresee that it will be a heavy battle, they were not in their fortress and they would be battling Meng's armies, should they have prepared more? Should they involve their armies as well? Or was this the right thing? Just the two of them? He did not believe they were weak- no, this mission does not require failure. He was only cautious, if they were to fail...

Once they rode their Qilin, he relaxed, closing his eyes and just felt the wind- ahhh, now Mizui felt he wanted to sleep but Zhen will get mad, they need to reach the soon-to-be Air God. He took a look at the Earth God, only to see him stare at the Water God. He lazily smirked, "Hi, Zhen-Zhen. I don't mind being stared by you all day."

Zhen felt his blood rush to his cheeks as he was caught staring - more like admiring- Mizui's beauty. "Who would stare at your ugly face you dumbass!" He angrily yelled at the Water God, making his Qilin shake in discomfort. It was so easy to mask his embarrassment with anger. "And stop calling me that! Can't you just call me Zhen like any other normal person would?" He further said as the view of the land became more visible to them. They were quite far but Zhen's eagle eyes could see the soon to be Air God fighting what seemed to be a wild demon.

Zhen had seen Hayato's face in the his revelation so he could recognize him. He also noticed there was another man with him.

"It seems we made it just in time." He said suddenly forgetting why he was angry in the first place. As his Qilin approached the area were the demon was, Zhen jumped off the still riding mystical creature, unsheathing his sword in the process. With little to no effort, he gracefully cut the demon's head off killing it in an instant.

"First time in the human world and this is the welcome that I get?" Zhen said with an angry tone as he stood in front of Hayato and stared with a frown at his now dirty sword.

Mizui pouted, mocked hurt, the other was too late to stop his cheeks reddening, he saw it all. 'Ahh~ Zhen-Zhen is really cute.' If Zhen heard his thoughts would he blush more and yell at him in anger? Or try to pulverize him? Really, how were they even close?

"I can't stop calling Zhen, 'Zhen-Zhen', because Zhen-Zhen is cute." He murmured, but it was lost for they - more like Zhen - found who they were talking about. He did not know his name but he can see that he was the chosen one. He felt the corner of his lips tug up, step 1: completed.

As the Earth God eliminated the demon, he elegantly got off of his Qilin, gently patting his mane earning a small pleased neigh, "You can go now, goodbye for now, little one." However, his Qulin stayed, Mizui already knew, he was waiting for Zhen's Qilin. Ahhh, cute.

"Now, now, Zhen-Zhen, this world is having trouble it is to be expected and we don't need to scare our 'hosts' now do we?" The Water God calmly said, pausing before adding without shame, "You should show them your cute side!"

The beast was looking straight at him now- about to run and end the life the young man had lived thus far. Suddenly a man fell from the sky, and with ease beheaded the beast. Had it really been that easy? Or was there something more about this man radiating with perfection. The man started towards the ronin. Hayato tried to scoot back away from the man approaching him- he backed into a rock and waited for what the man would bring him. "First time in the human world and this is the welcome that I get?" Puzzled, the young human came to his feet, gripping his side. "Who the hell do you think you are...?" He snarled at the beauty before him. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't read the other's features- it was near impossible. "-And how in the hell was it so easy for you to kill that- that-thing?!" Beginning to yell the injured man limped over to the beast and knelt by where he had stabbed it.

For a moment he closed his eyes and bowed his head. Was he really about to pray for the beast that tried to kill him? That he knew was evil? Why yes, yes he was...

Hayato gripped the hilt of his katana and pulled it out," Gomen..." He stood, flicked his weapon making blackened blood fall from the blade. Quickly he sheathed the blade and turned to the other man. "So... Answer me... Who are you..." He snarled. It was now obvious he respected life or even just the essence of it. Something drove him to give a prayer for the demon- it was obviously doomed and wicked. He prayed for it because it was once good, it was once living with a will- and even though it chose the lesser road- the road of evil, he forgave it.

Frozen, he couldn't do much but stand back and observe. It hadn't been fear that gripped him but something unforeseen holding his body captive. He watched the struggle between the demon and the man he had seemed to become so familiar with. He was completely disarmed, not even capable of using his experience as a Shaolin to assist him. He fought against the invisible hands gripping his body and managed to shove forward, falling onto the ground before him. He felt helpless and it angered him to no end. "W-why?!" He muttered under his breath, pushing himself up off the ground. He dusted himself off and glared at Hayato.

Something told him the man had something to do with it. The moment he was shoved aside he felt heavy and despite everything in his being wanting to help he just couldn't. It was a pathetic display, he thought to himself. There was no way that one man could have handled that creature by himself. Atleast, not until the others fell from the sky. He held his position and watched in silence. Suddenly demons were coming out of the wood work, men were falling from the sky, and this one solitary man by the name of Hayato was key to it all. He stepped forward, a few feet behind the men gathering. He could sense a godly aura about them, feeling almost weak in their presence. "Are you Gods?" He asked simply, somehow as marvelous as it seemed to be standing before such beings he was resoundingly calm.

Zhen made an almost animalistic sound directed towards Mizui and pulled at his hair angrily. Why did he enjoy make the other God mad so much? "Mizui, I'm seriously considering showing you some of my new fighting techniques!" He said with a too obvious hidden message as he glared deadly at the beautiful Water God. Damn he was too damn beautiful! He then glared at his Qilin. "What are you waiting for? Leave already." He hissed at the beast and the Qilin bowed his head respectfully before galloping away together with Mizui's Qilin. Of course Zhen cared for his Qilin, he just didn't know how to show it.

He then raised an eyebrow at the human praying for the demon that had just tried to kill him a few moments ago. Was he stupid or what? Not only that, Zhen wasn't liking his defiant attitude in the least. "Oy! You could at least show some gratitude after I saved your sorry ass!" He hissed and turned to the other human. "At least someone around here is smart." He said confirming Chang's question.

He began to walk towards the group of men that now were gathered, he stopped a few feet short. "I'll thank you when you tell who you really are- you're no gods. Gods don't exist." His words stung. Did he really mean that? Maybe- but like mentioned before, in his subconscious he knew they existed. Hayato's eyes danced between the two beautiful men. He couldn't understand why he could see what the were thinking or what the meant with their words- their face were to hard to read. The ronin sighed," Besides... What proof do you have that makes you a god?"

Arrogance. A single word that could describe this very moment. The ronin growled," Whatever! There is no benefit for me here. I'm leaving..." Hayato began to walk away, but stopped and turned. "Thanks... Bye the way- for saving the forest- it's the last of this region... The birds would have no homes for the winter if you didn't kill that thing..." Ah... Finally a thanks was given- and with reason. He was worried about the birds? The beasts that fly? How Ironic.

Hayato started, once again, to walk away.

He stood for a moment, staring at the man who commented about him. Silence was all he had to offer, as there would have been too many questions had he spoke. Everything about the situation seemed unreal yet it was unfolding right before his eyes. He didn't have time to think any further about it as Hayato started to walk away. He felt compelled to follow, unable to think of anything else. His body was willing him, nothing else. Quietly he stepped away from the two men. He had so many questions floating on his tongue but he was being torn away by this uncontrollable urge to follow this man who seemed so set in his ways. He glanced back to the two men who he found remarkably gorgeous in some strange way. He never looked upon anyone in that way, but their presence seemed to draw him in, hypnotizing him.

Mizui only chuckled, his eyes sparked in interest at the invitation, "Why, Zhen-Zhen, please try to be as gentle as possible." He teased more, he liked the Earth God's every reaction- he was just too cute. "We don't want to get too tired, now do we?" He said, tone implying something else.

Mizui's eyes followed the young ronin's movement, "Look at what you did, Zhen-Zhen, I think you scared him away." He was still calm despite the soon-to-be Air God walking away. "Do we have to prove it to him that we're gods? Why can't he just believe?" He complained, slightly whining but held out a hand, muttering "let me borrow you for awhile, my friend" before a trail of water shot up from a lake a few feet away, with speed wrapped itself around Hayato, gentle but tight.

With just a movement of his hand, the water lifted Hayato and dropped him right in front of them, ignoring the stare from the other human, the water circled in the air right above Mizui's head, as if happy that it was of use. Mizui's hand was already slumped back down, and not a moment later, the water returned to the lake, after all, he only just burrowed the water.

He was indeed the Water God, that much is oblivious, and the proof that he is a God, the same for Zhen. "Don't worry about Zhen-Zhen, alright? You haven't seen his cute side yet! So don't judge him and listen." He smiled, lazily, was he trying to fix the situation, by teasing the Earth God? "And besides, I want to get over this so we can be on our way and finish. I want to sleep." Or maybe he was just being himself.

Zhen eyebrow twitched as Mizui called him cute for the millionth time, no matter how many times the water God called him that or that irritating nickname it always made his blood boil. On top of that, saying that in front of the humans was only making things worst for the short-tempered earth God. nonetheless, he was aware that there were far more serious matters at hand and just as Mizui said, they needed to get moving as soon as possible. He didn't know whether Meng was aware that they've found the new air pillar but they better not take their chances. He glared at Mizui but said nothing at the beautiful God, he'll have a word with him later - he then glanced at the human boy in front of them.

"I hope this is enough proof to you of what we are. We didn't come down here for fun nor because we wanted to." He said folding his arms over his chest as he glared at the soon to be air God. So he cared for the nature, good, but why did he have to be such a pain in the ass? "Or haven't you noticed the world you live in has turned into chaos? Demons, like the one that just attacked you two, are running wild thirsty for human flesh. Farmers are losing their crops. This is all because the balance of the elements has been broken." He said choosing to leave out the part of Peng's death.

"To restore this, the world needs a new air pillar, an air God, and liked or not the air has chosen you." He said letting all the information sink into young human's head.

Hayato only ignored the two men far more beautiful than any other man he'd ever seen. He eyes rested on the road ahead- where was he to venture next? The deep teal gems he called eyes started at the ground until- Whoosh The ronin turned to the sounds of water. "That's strange... There's not a waterfall around here for miles..." He murmured before seeing water rushing toward him in mid air. His eyes widened as he began to run- he didn't get far before the water gripped him. He struggled trying to get free-" Damnit! What the hell?!" He yelled noticing the other beautiful man man beside the proclaimed "earth god" controlled the water.

He was set down gently and still in shock. "I hope this is enough proof to you of what we are. We didn't come down here for fun nor because we wanted to."Eyes widening, he was speechless. Could these men really be gods? "Shouldn't I be dead? I'm not suppose to be able to look you in the face- Or can I?" Stuttering and stumbling with his words he growled gripping his head," This doesn't make any sense!" He yelled.

"Or haven't you noticed the world you live in has turned into chaos? Demons, like the one that just attacked you two, are running wild thirsty for human flesh. Farmers are losing their crops. This is all because the balance of the elements has been broken." Suddenly he felt insulted. "Of course I've noticed! Why do you think I became a ronin and left my thrown! You two of all living souls should know! Or do you not know every human's thoughts and desires like they say you do...?" He question with an attitude. Sighing he dropped his head apologetically," I'm sorry..." It was a really bad excuse for an apology- but it was an apology nonetheless.

"To restore this, the world needs a new air pillar, an air God, and liked or not the air has chosen you." The boy's head shot up," What?! Me?!" He pointed to himself," Wait-wait-Wait- Me? Like ME???" He asked over and over again jumping around. 'I think you mean that weird guy over there-" He pointed to the monk," -'Cause there is no way the 'air' picked me!"

Chang didn't seem to surprised by the sudden abduction of Hayato and simply watched in awe. He turned about and folded his arms, observing the group from a slight distance. The way they held on conversation amongst themselves and the way they were composed, it wasn't god like in the least. For all the years he spent in the temple, devoting to his life to worship of the gods and nature, he never expected an encounter to be like this. Was this some kind of a sick joke? Did gods really go around joking, giving themselves nicknames, and most of all calling each other cute? He shook away the thoughts and narrowed his eyes, watching them closely. If they were who they said they were, then Hayato was who his heart felt he was, a god.

It explained the longing feeling he felt towards him, the overwhelming sense to be by his side, protect him, serve him. There was something omnipresent about Hayato and when he was near him, he could feel it too. He chose silence instead of interjecting, ignoring the finger being pointed at him. The monk knew his place, this 'air god' just had to accept his fate whether he wanted to or not.