On Thin Lines (Ashton) 1x1

tuti

Character Biography

Name: Melvin (Mel) Gray

Species: Shape-shifter

Hair/eye color: Brown/Light Brown

Dislikes: Alcohol and cooking.

Background: Melvin lives a very quite life, working at his uncles Mystery bookstore he spends most of his days among books. He is not very social but once you get to know him you'll realize he is a really nice and reliable guy.

---

"Thank you, please come again." Melvin smiled at the costumer as he handed the woman a bag filled with books and greeted the next person in line. His smiling face was masking his pure irritation. No matter how many times he told his uncle, Malcolm, to hire someone else to help around the shop the older man wouldn't give in, saying that hiring an outsider would only bring problems. But it was a big shop and believe it or not there were a lot of people who loved to read mystery novels. It was becoming harder and harder for him to take care of everything alone. Being the only family member left wasn't helping at all, the man trusted no one so convincing him to hire some else to help around was going to be impossible.

Mel lost his parents at a very young age and since then he was raised by his uncle Malcolm. He studied English Literature and after graduating from college started working at his uncle bookstore while writing children books on the side. It was his dream to become a famous mystery writer; a best seller maybe. But the publishing company wouldn't accept his stories. For some reason they'd only accept books he written for children.

"Be careful on your way home, boy." His uncle said as he waved goodbye. "See you tomorrow uncle." Melvin waved goodbye back as he exited the bookshop and made his way home. The bookshop was a two floor building and his uncle lived on the second floor. Melvin lived in a small apartment a couple of blocks away.

As he made his way home, he pulled his jacket closer, it was early autumn and the wind started to get very cold. As he walked, deep in thoughts, he was unable to sense a person approaching him from behind. The stranger covered his mouth preventing him from making any sound and forcefully dragged him into a dark alley. A second man pulled a pocket knife out and leaned closer to Mel's face. "Now kitty, this wont hurt...much." The unknown man said with a chuckle while the other tightened his hold on him, preventing Mel from running away or struggle.

Mel's eyes widened, he couldn't believe this was happening to him. He could just shift into a fly and escape but it was against the rules and if these men told the authority about his shifting he would be put to death anyways. What should I do? Melvin thought desperately as the man in front of them placed the sharp knife against his cheek, the cold metal making shiver in fear.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• ~Ashton~

Name: Miki Ray Walker

Species:WereWolf

Hair/Eye Color: Blond hair/Green eyes

Dislikes:Noise, Sweets, Cats

Background:Miki was once a poor kid on the street, however when the pack leader Raymond saw him he took him in. Since then they had been a pack, the only one you ever saw walking back himself away from the pack was Miki.

Miki sighed as he stirred another heaping spoon full of sugar into his coffee mug. He chose to focus on that and ignore the rucas that the rest of his pact was causing in the poor humble little coffee shop. Someone had made a comment about how maria's how seemed to shine and of course the pact leader Raymond felt the need to promptly toss a chair in the direction of the man. He saw at a table in the corner with Maria as the two enjoyed, or at least tried to, their drinks. Completly ignoring the ongoing fight that was sounding off behind them, he heard a snarl and quickly looked over to make sure the fight was not becoming to serious. Rising from his seat he prepared to join in when he felt Maria's hand rest on his shoulder, looking look at her in confusion he spoke.

"Is everything okay Maria? I'm sure they are just messing around, you know how us boys can be." He gave her a light wink and smiled as she let out a soft laugh and nodded. "I know Dear, you look tired. You can go a head and head home, we will see you tomorrow for dinner at Max's house alright? You can not be late or he will bite all of our heads off!" She laughed and pressed him towards the door. He nodded and gave up on saying good night to the others as he slipped out of the small, now wrecked, shop.

He kicked a stray can silently as a car zoomed by him, causing him to growl slightly and glance up. This night was just like the night he watched Raymond's son killed by a pair or Shape Shifters. The breeds had always hated each other, he never knew why but he did know it was expected of him to hate them as they were to hate the wolves in return. He stopped a moment when he heard something scuffling just down the way to the right, frowning to confusion and stepping forward warily he peered into the dark alley way.

The moment he saw the situation he acted without hesitation, with a loud snarl he rushed forward and ran straight into the unsuspecting guy with a knife. He felt it sink into his side but being used to fighting did not pay much mind to it. He slammed the man into the wall and yanked the boy away from the man who was holding him. He was smart and had no intention nor desire to fight but he would not let a mugging happen. Stepping forward and dodging an oncoming pnuch he swipped the knife that had fallen and held it to the mans throat. "Leave." Was all he had to say before the man took off with his other injured one, turning back to the other he spoke. "Are you alright?

Everything happened so fast that Mel could barely register it in his shocked mind. He closed his eyes tightly bracing himself for the immediate pain of being stabbed, but the pain never came. He opened his bright brown eyes and blinked several times in confusion of what was going on right before his eyes. A blonde young man, he couldn't be older than twenty, was fighting the strangers that were trying to mug him. Who was he? Mel stared in pure amazement as his young savior fought them off with little to no effort. He was strong, furthermore, Mel could see from the thin layers of clothes that the young man had strong muscles. The two low life couldn't stand a chance against him and ran away without looking back.

Mel started blinking in confusion again as his savior asked him if he was alright. He slowly nodded, his mind still trying to process what was going on. That was until he noticed the wound on the young man's side. He had being stabbed and was now bleeding quite angrily. "You are bleeding!" Mel stated the obvious as he rushed forward to the young man's side worried. Touching the exposed skin, he couldn't help notice how warm he was. The younger man's temperature was quite high, higher than normal people. He shook his head focusing on the situation at hand instead.

"We need to treat your wound." He said and bit his bottom lip. He personally didn't want to go to the hospital, if they did, they'd have to fill in a complain and honestly he didn't want to risk it and have those men come back for revenge. So instead he opted to take his savior home. "My apartment is very close from here, come with me. We need to treat it." He said and pulled the man with him out of the alley and walked towards his apartment with a sped up pace. In less than six minutes they reached Mel's apartment building. The elevator quickly took them to the right floor and Mel had his door keys ready.

"Please sit in the sofa and take your shirt off." He instructed as he walked into the kitchen to retrieve a first aid-kit. Mel's apartment wasn't fancy nor big. It had a tiny living-room connected to a even tinier kitchen. His bedroom was on the left side of the hallway pass the living room. He didn't made much money with the few books he'd published and the paid from the bookshop wasn't enough to afford something better. Nevertheless, it was enough for Mel alone. "What's your name?" He asked as entered the living-room holding an first-aid kit in his hands.

Miki glanced over his shoulder at the two quickly receeding figures behind him, making sure they were actually running away and not making a double back. It was not until he heard the other speak was it that he looked down at his side where he had been stuck with the sharp metal, he personally had always hated knives. In his own opinion he felt that beings should settle things like men, fighting with their fists and not anything else. That aside it was also true that the boy hated fighting of any kind all together. Reaching down he pressed his hand to the wound, trying to calm the bleeding and frowning when he found it in vain.

He sighed softly before speaking. "Well I'm glad you are okay, you really shouldn't walk around this area at night. It can get rather dangerous at times, he smiled lightly before making his way to the mouth of the alley. He had stiffened slightly when he felt the others hand press to his skin, he let his hands rest at his high in confusion as he watched the other. He remained mute as he felt himself tugged out of the alley, for a moment he considered refusing the others request. He did not really want to go into a strangers house however he was growing a bit dizzy and decided walking to his manor would not be the safest of ideas.

"Uh, I really am alright? You do not need to go through all of this, it was just a nick in my side. It happens all the time." He murmured, however was now following him in agreement. His left hand was dripping with blood that had gotten on it while he had tried to stop the bleeding. His breed usually healed fast as it was so it was only a matter of time, a few simple normal people were most certainly now going to take him down so easily. He was in one of the head packs in this town, so he was taught to hold his own from a very young age and knew how to do it very well. The downside to him was his size, he was rather small framed for a wolf.

However that did help to enhance his speed. Following the boy in front of him now silently, he shuffled behind him and and sunk into the sofa. His back was up straight as he rested his hands on his knees ackwardly, looking from the right to the left and tapping his knee while he waited. Thinking for a moment before deciding to follow as he was instructed and carefully picking his shirt off, folding it up and setting it beside him as he looked over to the other. "Me? My name is Miki, and yours?" He asked looking up at the other as he side continued to bleed.

"Miki? That's a nice name." He said really liking the name, it sounded free and wild. Now that he was closer to Miki and could see his face properly he couldn't help notice how handsome and young the other male looked. Now he was more than sure that Miki was probably even younger than twenty. Nevertheless, despite his small frame, Miki had a very strong body. Mel wondered if touching Miki's fine abs would feel as hard as they looked to be.

"My name is Melvin, but you can just call me Mel." He said as he kneeled in front of Miki. "And besides this is the least I can do, I'm very grateful for what you did back there." He said as he opened the first aid kit and picked up some clean bandages and a bottle of antiseptic to clean the wound and prevent it from getting infected. "Now...this is going to sting a little." He warned as he poured a little bit of the antiseptic on a bit of cotton and began to clean the wound. As he cleaned the blood away he noticed that something was completely off. The wound was no longer there! He blinked a few time as he cleared most of the blood away. There was nothing, no wound, just hard skin.

His eyes widened finally letting all the pieces of the puzzle fall in place. Miki was too strong for his small frame, his body temperature was higher than other people and finally his wound healed extremely fast. There was no doubt about it. Miki was a werewolf. He hastily stood up from were he was kneeling, clutching the first aid kit tightly in his hands. "You..you are a werewolf." He said not really believing his luck.

He knew really well how much werewolves hated shape-shifters and what they were capable of doing to him. Miki had helped him because he didn't know he was one. Now he really didn't know if he was really safe having a werewolf in his living-room.

Miki smiled lightly and nodded as he sunk back into the couch relaxing a bit more, however he did his best to not get any blood that had dried into this other nice mans couch. He did not want to be a trouble or burden on this other however he was growing uncomfortable in this small space. He would rather be outside or anywhere else besides this cramped, foreign room however cozy and welcoming it may be.

Glancing up he noticed the other giving him a rather strange look and simply gave a wary smile, shifting away on instict as the other person knelt in front of him. Forcing himself to relax again before he made any type of response. "Really? I suppose so, I really like my name I guess. Mel then? That is also a very original name, I don't believe I have met someone else with that name before so it is also a first." Smiling lightly he then readied himself for the sharp acidic sting of the infamous liquid that Mel held in his delicate hands, even with all that was happening he could see from here how unusually cute the other was.

He completely ignored those forbidden desires as he watched Mel back up in horror, frowning lightly in mostly worry as he stood as well. Glancing down and noticing the healed wound then back up in apology as he spoke in a smooth, calming tone. "Just calm down, The knife must not have nicked me, maybe it was there blood?" He tried to bluff for a moment but quickly decided it was futile.

"Yes I am, just relax okay? I swear i'm not going to eat you or anything like that, if it really bothers you so much I can leave?" He suggested however made no move towards the door as he stood rooted in his spot. Eyes never leaving the other boys face.

Mel licked his suddenly dry lips as he thought about his options. Miki clearly didn't know he was a shape-shifter which was a good thing. Furthermore, the wolf had helped him against the low lives that had tried to hurt him. He was, so far, a nice guy. If it weren't for him saving him, Mel wasn't sure of what would have been the grim outcome. He didn't know much about werewolves, only what his uncle and other shifters have told him. That they were wild beasts always looking for a fight and ready to bite. But then again, Miki was the first werewolf he ever made contact with. He wondered what his uncle would say about him having a wolf in his living-room. No - scratch that, better not say anything about this to him. Even though Malcolm wasn't born a shifter he pretty much hated werewolves with all his might.

"No, it's alright." He softly said, still not sure if he was making the right decision. "Please stay, I- I was just surprised since I've never met a werewolf before." He explained slowly gaining more confidence. As long as Miki didn't find out who he really was, everything would be find. Or so he thought. "Since you already healed, would you like to stay for dinner?" He offered instead. He still felt really grateful that Miki had helped him and he really wanted to make it up to him. Not to mention that a part of him was finding it extremely arousing to have a hot and sexy man half-naked in his apartment, werewolf or not.

It wasn't a secret from his close friends and uncle that he was homosexual but he tried to be discrete about it with other people. You never know when you'd find a homophobic or something like that. "If you are not offended by my reaction, that is." He said as he placed the first aid-kit away. It wasn't needed after all.

Miki was tense, he was prepared to run of the other was going to freak out and was also prepared to fight if the boy became to scared. At times some humans would be a bit scared and feel so cornered they would attack blindly, hurting not only the wolves but even themselves as a result. Such as perhaps a caged rabbit might do when a new owner sticks there hand in the cage in order to retrieve the small animal. His eyes were wide and remained unblinking as he became hyper aware of all the noises around him, his head tilting down a bit in an animalistic fasion as he simply watched for the others reaction. Even he could not hide his surprise at the ease that the other seemed to give off after only a few moments, taking in himself and species so simply and quickly which made the wolf sigh in relief as all form of danger seemed to seep out of the room.

Letting out a light yet nervous he nodded slowly. "Thank you for letting me stay, I really do promise that I will not cause you any harm or anything like that. Think of it this way, if anyone tries to break in then you have the big bad wolf to protect you."He smiled as he picked up his shirt to put it back on, frowning when he felt the dampness of the undried blood. Holding the shirt up and sticking a finger threw the large hole in it. He folded it neatly and set it on the floor by the door to not get anything else in this house dirty and looked to the other.

"I would love to stay for dinner, excuse me but do you think you have a shirt that I could borrow by any chance?" Reaching up he rubbed the back of his head nervously and gave a curtious nod of his head, the idea of being so exposed to the other he was sure would make him at least some what uncomfortable.

Mel chuckled softly at the idea of keeping Miki as a watch-dog. Honestly, it didn't sound that bad at all. This was one of the most dangerous parts of the city and what had just happened a few minutes ago was just a small proof of that. In spite of being a supernatural being, Mel wasn't much of a fighter. He was slightly taller than Miki but wasn't as strong as the wolf. On top of that, he could never stand his ground in a fight. The first and last fight he was part of was when he was nine years old.

The bully in his class would always taunt him for being an orphan, bully him for not having a parent to come see him in school plays - just an uncle. One day Mel just had enough and pushed the bigger boy so hard, that he fell ass first on the hard playground. And so a heated fight started, Mell ending with several serious bruises all over his body and an almost broken nose. Even though he'd lost the fight, it made him earn some respect from his fellow class mates and kept the other bullies out of his case.

Mel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at the out of the blue question. "Oh! Right sorry!" He was so wrapped up in thoughts and the fear of being so close to a wolf that he'd forgot to offer the man a clean shirt to wear. "I think my clothes will fit you, we are almost the same height." He said as he rushed into his room in search for a clean shirt. He didn't know what Miki liked to wear so he picked up a plain white shirt and walked back into the living room.

"Here you go." He handed the white piece of clothing to the young wolf with a smile. His eyes unconsciously lingering slowly on the man's exposed upper half. Oh - how he was going to miss admiring such a perfect chest... Clearing his throat to prevent his mind to go any further down those indecent thoughts he grabbed Miki's dirty shirt and tossed it into a washing-machine. The shirt had a hole on it's side but he didn't know whether Miki wanted to throw it away or not.

"Is there something you would like to eat?" He asked looking over his shoulder as Miki began to dress. "I can cook almost anything." He said with a proud smile.

Mik raised his arms across his chest to cover himself silently, shifting from foot to foot as he watched the other boy seemingly lost in a memory or thought of some kind. He allowed the few moments of silence to further take in his surroundings. Once the other snapped out of his trance Miki had completely memorized the room, just in case there was an attack of any kind he would properly be able to protect the both of them. Laughing softly and smiling at the flustered human as he nodded and finally spoke up.

"It is really no problem at all you know, I do not need anything I suppose but walking threw your place half naked is not the best option for us I think." He gave a toothy smile.

Taking a few steps after the other boy for he did not know if he was expected to follow him or not, so settled for stopping just outside of Me's room. Leaning against the door post as he waited, stepping back as Mel walked out with the shirt in hand. Taking it silently he quickly shrugged the smooth material over his exposed skin, reaching up after he had successfully wiggled into the shirt that seemed to fit him almost perfectly save for being a bit loose in the neck line. Looking up when he heard the boy clear his throat, he moved aside as Mel took his shirt to the washing machine.

"You really do not need to do that....but thank you regardless, I really appreciate your help."

Reaching up and ruffling up his own hair he thought about the many dishes he liked and did not before deciding upon and answer. "Sure, but first do you have any coffee? I could really use some if it is not to much trouble, I am not really sure on the food. Is there anything you would prefer? I could help you make it if you like?" Miki offered though he knew very well how terrible his cooking skills were, when he cooked even fire resistant material seemed to be flammable.

(I just noticed that in my character's biography I stated that he dislikes cooking, let's change that, he loves it. xD)

Mel smiled at the offer but he could tell from the other's expression that he probably didn't had much experience in the field. It was very charming. "Thank you but I can take care of everything." He said friendly and pointed at a coffee maker on the far corner of the counter. Melvin wasn't a coffee fan but he needed the caffeine to stay awake when working on a book. "You can make instant coffee and the mugs are inside the first drawer on the left." He said still smiling and started washing his hands, ready to make something delicious.

He looked inside his fridge in search of some ingredients when he noticed the lasagna he'd started preparing this morning in order to eat tonight. He didn't know whether Miki would like it but he was a wolf and if the stories he heard were right, they were creatures who loved to eat. So probably filling Miki's stomach with a delicious lasagna would not be much of a bad idea. He pulled the almost finished lasagna out of the refrigerator and finished putting some of the last ingredients before placing it in the oven for it to cook.

---skip---

Mel placed the cooked meal on the table, where Miki had helped him set the plates. He then went back into the kitchen to retrieve a bottle of sweet tasting wine. "Would you like some wine with your meal?" He offered with a smile showing the bottle to the young wolf.