The Rebellion (InkompleteWish 1x1)

tuti

Character Biography

Name: Tyler Norman

Hair: Short black and spiky

Eyes: Dark honey

Height: 6'4

Background: Tyler Norman served his country as a soldier and after World War III was over he joined the police forces. Unfortunately, after Red-Star rose to power, there was nothing left for mankind other than hide or submit to the machines. But not for Tyler, he and a group of strong men and women created a group called The Rebellion to make a stand against the machines...even if it costed their lives.

~~~

Year 2075.

"You sure you want to do this?" A bespectacled man asked as he clicked some keys on something that looked like a very old computer before looking up at Tyler. "What are you talking about? Weren't you the one who suggested this?" The tall man standing in the middle of a small platform said fixing his eyes on Larry. The smaller man sighed pushing his huge glasses up his nose. "Yes, but why have to be you the one to go? You are the leader of this group and frankly, I doubt that Mike can handle the responsibility." Larry was a 56 year old scientist, one of the few that didn't join Red-Star (the ruling government controlling the robots and machines) and instead joined Tyler in his retaliation against the machines.

"I trust Mike, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen him as my substitute. And if what you said is true and this guy is the key to end all this then I better get this job done myself." He said with a smirk. Larry sighed unable to understand Tyler's excitement, well, he was a man that lived for action after all.

But Tyler was right, they needed the professor if they wanted to destroy Red-Star and their machines once and for all. He pulled something from his white laboratory coat and handed it to Tyler. Tyler looked down at the old picture in his hand, a very young man stood in it smiling widely as he held what looked like a diploma in his hands. "This is the professor when he was young. You must find him and bring him here...he is the smartest man I've ever known." Larry said as he made his way back towards the huge and old computer.

Tyler raised a thin eyebrow as he looked at the old picture in his hand. "Tell me something, Larry, what makes you so sure that this guy is the answer to all our prayers?" He asked, not quite buying that someone that looked so young could be the key to all of their problems. An awkward silence filled the room for a few seconds and then Larry said, "Because he is the one who helped build Red-Star's army." He finally said feeling a bit ashamed that his professor and role model was actually the creator of something so evil, even if his intentions weren't.

Tyler said nothing and pushed the picture inside his back pocket, zipped his black leather jacket (concealing his holster) up and nodded at Larry signalling that he was ready. "Remember, only after you find him you may use the remote to open the portal." Larry repeated as if afraid Tyler would forget that.

Nodding at the tall man Larry quickly typed something on the computer and the platform where Tyler was standing made an uncomfortable noise and Tyler was soon embraced by a blinding white light, forcing him to close his eyes. "Don't forget Tyler! He is our only chance to--!" He heard Larry shout at him but he sounded so far away that he couldn't make out what.

After what seemed like three seconds, and still with his eyes closed, Tyler ears picked up the sound of people talking and walking around him. He quickly opened his eyes and looked around him in disbelieve. It was just like the city, only that this one didn't reek of decay and sadness...Larry's machine worked! It was the year of 2012!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tuti

• InkompleteWish

(when he was younger. Now the same only older. Hope it doesn't confuse you. I just liked the picture so much. XD)

boy.PNG

Name:

Kaito Greenword

He is around 20 years old.

Hair:

Cream coloured. More white than blond.

Eyes:

Honey brown. Some even say that its more yellow or well....golden. Though that isn't possible of course.

Height:

5'11

Kaito is a student in university. He is currently studying to be an engineer there. He is currently also taking part of a bit of general practitioner classes.

Background:

Kaito had lost his parents in a young age and has been raised by his grandparents. After his fifthed birthday, he started to get more interested in the world and started studying. After reaching his twelved birthday, Kaito had such an high IQ that he could have gone to university. Which he did. He started studying everything that was interesting to him. He did notice that it was too much however and started focusing on engineery. He did not lose the habit to start learning a bit of other subjects though. So he is also studying the work of a doctor now and then. His grandfathers died two years ago and he had been living in their small house in the city alone since then.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The cars speed through the city, honking to no end and ended up waking Kaito. Why? Why today? Today was Saturday, the day where he could finally sleep till noon if he wanted! So now he laid in his bed, already awake but not wanting to get up. Though, he did in the end. He still needed to buy some things at the supermarket and today was also the day where the new book was comming out. So he stood up groggily and swaggered towards the bathroom.

His house was rather small and already old. Yet it fufilled it purpose and Kaito didn't want to abandon such a nice little home. After his bath and after clothing himself, he made his way towards the kitchen table. After he prepared food and sat down, he looked over his breakfeast. There was a large boild egg, bacon and a few slices of bread. A cup of green tea was also standing near his plate. It might not be the richest meal that existed but it sure was tasty. Well, Kaito had two years of learning how to cook. Since he was also a fast learner, it was easy to pepare a classic meal like that.

After eating up, he made himself ready to step out for today. Since he was already going inside the inner city, he might as well shop around a bit. Maybe new clothes, books, food, maybe even electronics or something like that. After stepping out, a slightly cold wind greeted him. After sneezing, someone must be talking about him, he set his way forth.

Placing the picture back in his pocket, Tyler looked around the busy street, debating where to start his search. Larry did inform him where the professor studied so that would have been a good start. Unfortunately, it was Saturday meaning that he either had to wait till Monday or his search was going to be a bit complicated. He opted for the later.

As he made his way through wave of people all around him he couldn't help notice how beautiful this city was, way too different from the one he came from. Which looked like the aftermath of the Apocalypse. It used to be like this though, way before Red Star came to power. Tyler couldn't help frown at the thought of this city's future. Maybe if the professor finding out about the true intentions of Red Star he wont help them create the machines in his time?

After hours of a fruitless search Tyler began to feel really hungry, good thing he had brought some money with him. He only hoped they were still using the same money. He entered what seemed to be a supermarket and headed to the section where they kept the boxed meals. As he scanned the endless variation of pre-cooked meal, he noticed a young man standing beside him from the corner of his sharp eyes. He glanced at the other male, he seemed deep in thoughts as if also debating which box to buy. It didn't take Tyler long to take the man's handsome features in, he didn't need to pull the picture out to know this was the professor.

"Kaito Greenword?" He asked already knowing the answer.

(Sorry for the late reply again. <.>

Kaito was happy that he didn't have to go to the university today. Sure, he liked to study but after a cetain amount of time he wanted to have time for himself. Today was saturday so he had that time. So now he was standing in the freshly opened super market in his street. Today weren't that many around as they normaly where. Here he was, in the vegetable direction of the market and looked at the fresh goods. Next to that direction was also a stand with bento boxes. After a loud rumble of his stomach, he decided to buy pre-cooked meals. He was able to cook really good but he decided to take it really lazy today. So boxed meal it was. Only what?

As Kaito stood before the shelf, he sunk into thoughts. He remembered the time where his grandmother would always bake something delicious. He missed the smell of freshly baken cakes and the nice smell of her well known green tea. Kaito got to love that tea ever since. But of course it didn't taste that good like his grandmothers. His grandfather would always sit next to him, telling him stories of his past. To tell the truth, it was really boring at times but he learned some things from it. His grandfather always had that habit of speaking bad of todays time. Like the punks, gangsters and how the youth was getting tainted and so on. Yes, it was sometimes really funny to listening him ranting. Now the time was over and time changed. He missed these times, yes. But he also knew that the past cannot be resurected. One needed to live in the new time and do what he can.

Either way, after finally getting out of such thoughts again, he got the next problem. What should he buy now?! He didn't solve that problem yet. So he continued browsing through the goods. Should he buy normal stlye or something exotic? He was suddenly ripped out of his thoughts when he heared someone call him by his name. Turning around, he saw a young man, not older than himself. He seemed......weird. Not in an insane way of weird. More like his clothes and the fact that Kaito didn't know him. "Yes, that would be me. Is there something you need, stranger-san?" he asked, wanting to get a name so he could talk normally.

(That's fine :) )

A smile appeared on Tyler's handsome face as he stared at Kaito. Yup, this was the man. Kaito looked even younger in person, it made him wonder if Kaito was really someone with the capacity to help the Rebellion. He seemed too young, too naive, was he really as intelligent as Larry claimed him to be?

His friendly expression fell and was soon replaced by a cold mask of seriousness. There was no time to be playful or nice, there were people dying while fighting Red-Star. And what was he doing? He was here enjoying himself watching all the different expressions on Kaito's face. It was unacceptable. "Kaito Greenword, you must come with me and assist The Rebellion." He announced, his tone commanding, as if Kaito were a fellow soldier. Without a warning, he grabbed Kaito's upper arm and lead him to an empty aisle, ignoring the curious looks he was receiving.

He then quickly unzipped his jacket (unintentionally revealing his gun) to retrieve the remote Larry had given him. It looked like any other remote, the only difference was that this one would open a temporary portal to his time.

As soon as Kaito realized that Tyler has been kind of analizing him, he took a step back. He might look young and naiive and he surely was a bit but that doesn't mean he would trust anyone and believe everything. Kaito just happened to live through many things and get a feeling about a few things.

He became even more wary after Tyler had said something about him assisting, the so called Rebellion against something he didn't know. Tyler spoke as if he was commanding him and Kaito didn't like that at all. The young man didn't listen to anyone, especially not to a stranger he just met. But before the student could say anything, he was dragged rather roughly to a lone aisle.

He was on guard but didn't shout or scream. When he saw the gun however, he said "Don't just think you can command me. I will not follow someone who didn't even tell me his name and carries a gun. If you don't leave me alone, i will call the police." he said, against the fact that he could easily be shot for that. But that man seemed to need him, so why shouldn't he use that to his advantage? The stranger won't kill him, even if he got on his nervs or didn't follow him.

Tyler looked up at Kaito, his frown only deepening with anger. Did he think he was going to hurt him? Maybe in this year people weren't use to see someone carrying guns? "I'm sorry but there's not much time left; I have to do this." He said and with one last look at Kaito's challenging eyes he pushed the button on the remote. Just as before a bright light embraced them and in what seemed like 3 seconds the sound of people talking was soon replaced by Larry's excited shouting. He slowly opened his eyes, letting them adjust to the poor lit room that was Larry's laboratory and slowly let go of Kaito's upper arm.

"Oh good God Tyler! You did it! You brought the professor and in record time! I thought it would have taken you more time maybe a day." He said excitement evident in his voice until his eyes fell on Kaito. "Professor, it's really good to see you." He said fully emotional and his eyes began to shine with water. He took his glasses off to wipe the emotional tears running down his cheeks. How pathetic, at age 56 and crying like a kid just by seeing his hero...

Kaito tugged to get his arm free from the strong grip the other hold him with. Yet it was futile. He may be a genius but not a strong person. He didn't posses much physical strength, he knew that. But despite that, he tried to break free. But as soon as the button was pushed, he squezzed his eyes shut from the blinding light. He felt the air around him change. It was colder. He heared shouts of exitement and smelled the scent of different chemicals. When he opened his eyes, he saw an old laboratory. Not the newest but the contents were incredible. He would be able to experiement with many things here.

He was ripped out of his curiousity, when he heared the voice of a old man, brimming with tears. /Tyler? Must be his name./ he thought, looking at said man. But they weren't in the super market anymore, so how did this Tyler bring him here. It was a mystery. A mystery that Kaito wanted to solve. The older men called him professor, but he was a student. It was weird that they knew him even though he don't. "Say, where are we now? Why did you bring me here with force? And why do you call me Professor. I am a normal university student, nothing more." he said, his eyes showing resolve. He already had a guess but he didn't want to believe it. It was just impossible, right?

Larry gasped loudly as he placed his huge glasses back in place and glared angrily at Tyler. "You didn't explain the situation to him?!" The 50 plus man accused and gently lead Kaito to a chair. "Leave a brute to get the job done and a mess is what you'll get." He said under his breath but Tyler's sharp hearing caught it anyways. "What? Did you want me to waste time with pointless pleasantries while more innocent people died?" He said in his defense but Larry ignored him and offered a cup of hot chocolate to Kaito. Larry always preferred hot chocolate instead of coffee.

"Professor, I'm sorry this brute-, I mean, Tyler here didn't informed your about our current situation." He began gently. Tyler snorted at Larry; annoyed by the man's softness, it was obvious he was practically drooling all over Kaito. Figuratively speaking. "This is the year 2075, and Tyler here was sent to your time in order to bring you here. We need you professor, you are the only one who can help us bring down Red-Star and their army of machines." He paused and as if just realizing he hadn't introduced himself, added, "My name is Larry, you don't know me yet but I was one of your students at the state university of Science...when Red-Star killed you...it was a devastating day for me and other scientists." He said feeling water fill his eyes again.

Kaito let himself be seated in a chair and accepted the offer of the hot chocolate. It was funny how those two didn't seem to like each other that much, yet seemed to need to work together. A weird relationship, but a working one. At least they helped each other in a time of need. He slurped his hot chocolate until Larry turned his attention towards him again.

So his suspcion was true. He was in the future, theoretically it was impossible but if one tried it.........it would work maybe. Kaito was curious how it might work. But how should he, a simple university, save this world that he himself led into chaos? Especially against a whole organisation and machines! "So you say.....i was killed of the organisation that i worked for? Why? Why did i help then when they used the machines to create evil? I don't understand myself from this time." he said, sighing. This information load was almost to much to bear. He created this chaos, now he needed to stop it. Yet his older self was more intelligent than he was now. "Now that you brought me here, what do you want me to do?" he asked. How was he going to live now? "You can both call me Kaito by the way, i am not a professor yet." Kaito added in after thought and slurped his hot chocolate in deep thoughts.

Tyler sharp eyes didn't fail to notice Kaito's calm behavior. He had expected the guy to start panicking in fear after realizing he was no longer in his time. But Kaito had a point, how exactly were they going to beat Red Star? "The guy has a point Larry, if he was the one who created all this evil, how is he going to help us destroy it?" He asked not glancing at Kaito. "He probably doesn't even know how to program a computer yet." He said a bit derogatorily.

Larry almost cried in pain seeing how rudely Tyler was treating his hero. "Well, it seems history class was not one of your forte!" He retailed in Kaito's defense. With a sigh he turned his back to Tyler and faced Kaito instead. "After the World War III ended a new movement rose to power called Red-Star, they asked you if you'd create robots and machines for them to guarantee peace." Larry explained. Tyler snorted again and stepped away from the wall he was leaning and looked at somber view outside a tiny window. "Oh yes, and look at the good job they are doing."

Larry ignored Tyler's comment and continued with his tale. "You accepted their offer, believing in their promises of peace and when you found out about their true evil intentions of dominating the world, they eliminated you. You were the only one who knew how the machines worked and how to shut down Mother Brain." He paused giving Kaito time to process all this new information.

"So, what you are saying is, if Kaito shuts down this thing, what was it called? Mother Brain? The war will be over?" He asked skeptical, the plan sounded too good and simple to be true. Finally Larry acknowledged him and nodded. "Yes, once the Mother Brain shuts down, all the machines will stop functioning automatically, it will give you and your group sufficient time to bring Red Star down before someone re-launches Mother Brain." Larry said.

"It might be difficult to get inside Red Star main head quarters, but it's a risk The Rebellion is willing to take." Tyler said, full determination in his eyes and glanced a Kaito for a few seconds. "Are you willing to help us?" He asked the, technically, younger man.

Kaito wasn't one to panic easily. At least not if he could explain it. Well, transporting people into the future wasn't a normal thing to say for sure. But it might explainable. After all, he really did got transported into the future. After Tyler insulted him, Kaito glared at him openly. "Yes, i might be young and not the one to have programmed these machines but i do know what i am doing, thank you very much." he said sarcastically. He wouldn't let himself be bullied by Tyler, even if he might get himself in danger. He had that much will power.

He listened intendly to Larrys explanation. Well, due to that Kaito needed to think differently. It was really his fault that this future happened and he was too naive for his own good. If he is going to learn something from this time, it would be too not trust plain promises. Especially of peace. After listening to the plan, he nodded in acknowledgemet. This theorie of shutting down the motherbrain always works. Well, if there wasn't a backup disk or something of the like however. But yes, that plan would work. "Well, since i created this mess, i will definitely help you. I am sorry for my older self believing in what they said." he said and stood up from his chair. After he had placed the empty mug onto the next table, he bowed down deeply. "I am really sorry." he repeated. He felt that he needed to say this.

Kaito's sincere apologies caught Tyler completely off guard. He opened his mouth to say something but Larry beat him to that. "No, no, professor!" Larry said unable to call Kaito by his name. "How could you possible know Red Star true intentions? On top of that after a devastating war the idea of securing peace would have sounded like a good plan to anyone. So please don't blame yourself for that. It was not your fault." He said and smiled friendly at Kaito.

Tyler unfolded his strong arms before placing the remote he'd used to open the portal a few minutes ago on a table near by a computer. "I know you'll probably want to stay with Larry and talk about science." He commented sarcastically. It wasn't that he disliked Kaito, that was simply the way Tyler was with everyone. "But you should come with me, I'll introduce you to rest of the group." He said staring at Kaito's handsome face.

"That.....is true. But i wasn't able to destroy what i have created i believe. I am just so much of a 'nerd'. I can't destroy my experiements. So it was partly my fault. But thank you, Larry-san. But please, just call me Kaito. I am not the professor you know, you are also older than me." he said, smiling openly now. He thought that, maybe, it wasn't such a bad idea that he got transported into the future. At least he was needed here and he could be himself, without being treated as an orphan and a nerd. He wasn't alone either.

After his little talk with Larry, Kaito looked towards Tyler again. Only know, did he notice his features. Strong build, many muscles, a handsome face and a tall man. Kaito noticed he was staring and shifted his gaze towards the remote that Tyler placed next to a computer. Such a small remote was able to transport humans into the past, huh? It was amazing how science worked sometimes. After Tylor kind of insulted him and Larry again, he wanted to say someting but shut his mouth. He would want to start a fight and besides, it seemed that he always acted towards others like that. No use in arguing with him. "The rest? You think they will welcome me? The one who has destroyed their world and lives?" he said, averting his face as he noticed Tyler staring again. He was just feeling a big uncomfortable.

Tyler offered a half smile before he turned around and headed outside, expecting the other male to follow him. "Of course they will, especially after finding out you might be our only chance to end this for good. On top of that, they don't have to know your real identity." He said before he zipped his jacket up in order to protect himself from the cold wind hitting him. As he buried his hands deep into his pockets he slowed his pace, allowing Kaito to walk beside him. "Shocking isn't it? Very different from where you were not too long ago, huh?" He commented as his sharp eyes scanned the empty streets. They seemed empty, that didn't mean machines weren't lurking in the dark corners.

Everything was completely ruined, houses destroyed, cars abandoned. Even though there was a sun, the city was so polluted that the heavy gray clouds prevented the rays of sun hit the earth. Enhancing the grim mood of the city.

After Tyler began to leave, Kaito made a quick bow towards Larry and excused himself. After that, he ran towards the older man, since Tyler had already walked a bit ahead. After arriving right behind him, he slowed down and walked besides the other man. "Right....here i am a nobody till now. But really.....did i cause this? Its awfull. What happened to these people that used to live here?" he spoke, letting his gaze shift over the dark street, destroyed cars and houses. The air wasn't that good either, if one would stay too long in it, they might get sick. At least that said the knowledge he had collected over the years.

The human body was weak. Even if your will power is strong, you cannot fight with broken bones or many wounds. These people that lived here either died or had brought themselves to safety. And to think that he was one of the causes of this misery....he couldn't believe it.

Tyler glanced at the man walking beside him before, playfully, smacking the man’s head on the back. "Would you stop feeling guilty? I think Larry was clear when he said this was not your fault." Well, sort of it was, but that was not the point here. "People can’t tell the future nor see what other’s are really thinking. You were deceived by those bastards. That’s it. At least now you DO know what their intentions are, hopefully when you get back to your own time you’d know not to help them since the war is going to be inevitable anyways." Yup there were things in life humans couldn't just stop from happening.

They then turned to the left, walking through a narrow and dark alley. Tyler went on answering Kaito’s question. "Hmm, those who didn't lose their life in the crossfire ran away and are hiding in a safe place the Rebellion made for them. Those who didn't lose their lives but didn't manage to run to safety, where kidnapped by Red Star." He said the frown on his face deepening. "We don’t know what they are doing to them, but whatever it is, it can’t be good."

The mere idea of innocent people suffering in the hands of Red Star made Tyler’s blood boil with anger.

Kaito nodded at Tylers speech and rubbed his head with an angry pout afterwards. It was unfair, Tyler was bigger and stronger than he was. The young student only had a good memory and was a genius. If someone decided to kidnapp him or something, he wouldn't stand a chance. Kaito sometimes cursed his small statue and the fact that he wasn't a......manly man? He didn't know. But he was sad to see his beloved city in ruins and all the people gone. Kaito had never lived through a war, but he will soon it seems. War is sometimes worse than death, death would mean to be free from the war. At least he always got that feeling when he talked with his grandfather about it. The old man would always speak about it, how he and mostly his father had been captured and tortured. They only wanted to die. But they knew that they had a family to return too, they needed to survive and they did.

After both of them turned left, Kaito stopped and picked something up from the ground. He still listened to Tyler, those humans that lost their family, they must wish to die too. A horrible feeling, Kaito knew that feeling, living alone and always thinking to die at the next possible minute. He carefully ruffled the dolls hair and cleared her of the dirt that has collected on it. The girl that lost this might be dead. The girls parents might be dead. Kaito decided to take the doll with him, maybe he would meet his owner and could give it back. He secretly hoped so at least. The doll was put into his jacket pocket and he hurriedly ran after Tyler again. "If i am able to shut down the mother brain and the machines stop working, what happens then? I will be send back into the past again right? And you can live a happier life? If so, then i will give my all. I.....i do not want to see other people hurt. At least if i can avoid it, i will try that method." Kaito said, determination in his eyes. He would help them, help Tyler and Larry, no matter what the cost. If he did die here, he wouldn't exist in the past anymore right? Even then, this future would be destroyed. So he didn't fear dead if it would help him archieve his goal.

Tyler stopped walking to look intently at Kaito as if to make out whether the shorter man meant his words or not. Seriously, the younger male kept on catching him off guard. It was admirable to see Kaito feel responsible for what his present turned out to be but it was even more admirable to see how earnest he was to make things right again. Somehow Kaito's determination made Tyler even more positive about this crazy plan; he could feel victory in his hands. "That sounds like a plan, doesn't it?" He said smiling friendly at Kaito. He realized the younger man really meant his words and just by that he earned Tyler's trust.

He then grabbed Kaito's hand in his and pushed a door in the dark alley. "Watch your steps." He said as he started declined some stairs. It was completely dark so he opted to grab Kaito's hand to prevent the scientist from falling or getting lost. He'd been here so many times that he knew the way with his eyes closed. After descending more stairs and walking some more Tyler finally came to a stop and opened a second door leading a more brighter place. It was like a little underground village.

"We have almost everything we need down here." Tyler explained, after releasing Kaito's hand, as they walked among several tents which refugees used as their homes. "Medicine, food you name it. If we run out of food or medicine supplies a member of the Rebellion would go outside and search for more." He said nodding at some of the refugees who greeted him as he walked by.

They stopped at a bigger tent which was placed several feet farther than the rest. "And this is our head-quarters." He announced before stepping inside, Kaito close behind. "Ty! You are finally here man, I was getting worry for a second there." A tall dark skinned man said as he moved to hug Tyler in a manly way. There were six men and one woman in the tent, they all looked like fierce soldiers deadly weapons hanging at their sides. Determined to bring Red Star down ones and for all. "Hey Jim." He greeted the taller man and proceeded to acknowledge the rest of his brothers-in-battle.

"And who might this be?" The only woman among the male fighters asked, eyeing Kaito suspiciously. She was evidently a strong woman with no fear of dying in battle.

Tyler placed a hand on his hip and pointed at Kaito with his thumb. "This is our triumph card."

"I guess so. Let's bend this future to the one that should be." Kaito said, in respond to Tylers words. Maybe he was a bit to determined, he was still from the past after all. Neither did he know the way around this familiar, yet at the same time unknown city, nor did he know about the technics, life style and other things in this future. Maybe it will change, hopefully so, but now Kaito is nothing more than a chick that needed to learn the things of the world.

Kaito blushed a bit as Tyler grabed his hand suddenly. The student didn't have many friends in the past, so he wasn't used to something close like that. Now that he thought about it, it was kinda sad. He often saw the others laughing and joking together. Well, that must be the prize for being a kid genius it seemed. Either way, without saying anything, Kaito followed the older man and he was lead to a brighter place. A place inside the darkness........not really, it was just a village. But the village filled with fighters against The Red Star, so it was literally the only place that was bright in this dark and twisted world.

As they began walking again, Kaito couldn't stop to look around the tents and the humans in them. Truth be told, he was so absorbed in how they lived down here that he didn't hear Tyler speaking at all. It was rude, he knew but he felt his heart break yet again. These were kids, adults that didn't really want to fight but do so anyway, for the sake of everyone down here. One couldn't live a really normal life, not even down here.

None the less, he broke out of his train of thoughts again when Tyler announced that they arrived at their Headquarters. It was a big tent and the people that stood in it seemed to be warriors, with the will to destroy the threat. Not the weapons alone told him this, also the hard and analysing stare he received from the only woman in the tent. If he wasn't sure that Tyler would keep him out of trouble, at least to a certain extend, he would be running away about right now. Another man came up towards Tyler and greeted him, so did the rest of the group. Kaito stood a bit behind them, happy to be forgotten for at least a few minutes. Until he heared the icy voice of the woman, asking him who he was. Now he was really starting to fear her.

Tyler said he was their trumph card, in a sense he was but he still didn't like the idea of being treated like that. He would rather be a normal guy that helped them. Not the so called Trumph card that needed to survive till the last breath. He bowed towards the group and said in a kinda shaky voice "My name is Kaito Greenword. I think you know me already, my older self that is." telling the truth outright. The student didn't want to keep any secrets from them, now that he decided with all his will to help them. It just wouldn't be fair of him.

"What?" Laura, the woman warrior, asked her eyes piercing right through Kaito. "What is this nonsense you are saying boy?" She asked folding her arms under her large firm breasts and glanced at Tyler as if expecting an explanation. Even though Tyler was the leader, there was no hierarchic among them; they treated each other as brothers. Well, except when making decisions. Tyler was the one in charge after all.

"Yeah Ty, what do you mean with this guy, claiming to be the professor who started all this shit, to be our triumph card?" Jim voiced his own confusion. "Calm down guys, remember when I told you I had something to do with that Larry?" Tyler started and the rest of the men stared at him, listening obediently.

"Well, apparently the old guy had build some kind of time machine. Believe it or not, I went back to the year of 2012 to get this guy. He is Greenword from the past and is now here to help us." He finished giving his men time to process the information. "Wow, that's crazy man!" Mike was the first to say something but everyone seemed to have payed no mind to facts of Kaito's identity, except Laura.

"The hell are you saying?! You are saying that the guy who started all this hell is going to help us? Please, how naive can you be?" She practically hissed, her eyes burning with hatred towards Kaito. Tyler sighed before answering the fired up woman. "Laura, what you are saying makes no sense, this is not the same Greenword that helped Red Star, in his time the war hasn't even started yet." He said calmly and placed a hand on Laura's shoulder as if to calm her rage. "No! You are making no sense bringing him here." She replied and stormed out of the tent intentionally bumping on Kaito's shoulders making the male lose his balance.

Thank fully, Jim was standing close enough to prevent the shorter male's fall. "Ty, I agree with you about Kaito's innocence." Sebastian, another of the male soldiers, said. "But how is he going to help us bring down Red star?" He said taking his glassed off to clean the dust off the glass before putting them back on. A smile appeared on Tyler's face, glad that not everyone was so upset about Kaito. "According to what that old Larry said, if we manage to get him inside Red Star's main headquarters, he'll be able to shut down Mother Brain, inactivating the robots, which will give us enough time to bring down Red Star."

Sebastian nodded already visualizing the plan in his head, it was going to be difficult but not impossible. "That sounds like one sweet plan Ty." Jim said agreeing happily as well, his eyes sparkling with hope. "But have you ever used one of these young man?" He asked leaning closer to Kaito's face showing a heavy gun in the younger man's hands.

Kaito twitched when Laura questioned him. She wasn't a woman you should ever mess with. It was sad that he feared her that much, he was a man wasn't he? A scrawny one at that, but he was one. So he fidget and took a few steps back, behind Tyler. He was seriously starting to fear for his life here. But that fact needed to be said, he did was the one they hated after all.

When Jim questioned him too, Tyler began to explain and Kaito just stood behind him also listening. The student was amazed how they listened to their 'boss'. Everyone looked at Tyler instead of him, even the woman that wanted to kill him with that stare of hers. After the story finished, Kaito was surprised that Mike believed Tyler that fast. He also seemed to not question the plan anymore.

But then, he jumped nearly again. Laura didn't want him here, she didn't want him to help. So she raised her voice angerly and glared even harder if that was possible. Kaito knew that, if he wanted to life, he needed to stay not alone together with her. She seemed to really hate him. She probably lost her family, like Kaito thought. Laura made him nearly lose his balance if it wasn't for the strong grip from Jim. With a sad look, Kaito watched the woman go. Even though she will probably treat him bad if she sees him, but he wouldn't say anything. He couldn't after all.

The conversation soon continued, not really bothering that Laura left. At least the others seemed to believe in him. He wouldn't bring their only hope down. Only now, he spoke up again. "Yes, i might not be this times professor, but i will do my best to stop this. I am already experienced in dealing with machines, i am sure i will be able to shut the mother brain down. For that however, i will need your help i am afraid." he spoke, clutching his jacket.

Kaito backed a bit away when Sebastian got to close to his face for his liking. When he heared the next sentence ande saw the gun however, he began stuttering. "U-u-uhm.....do i......n-need to? I-....don't think i can." he said, felling the cold metal of the gun. Kaito didn't like the idea of ever using something like this.

(Nice, just one problem Jim was the one who gave Kaito the gun and not Sebastian ;) but that's alright )

Before Kaito could continue embarrassing himself Tyler walked up to him taking the gun from the shorter male's grip. "There's no need for him to use it." He said, his tone cold and commanding. The idea of having Kaito in the middle of the cross fire caused all kind of emotions to erupt from deep inside of him, emotions he'd never felt before. Where were these feelings coming from? He didn't know. But Kaito was not a soldier and he wasn't going to make him one now. "We'll keep him out of the battlefield as much as possible." He said giving Jim back his gun. The taller man accepted it with a sigh, it was just a joke, no reason for Tyler to get angry. Tyler turned his back to Kaito in order to address Mike.

"Take Kaito to one of the empty tents, he probably need to rest. Tomorrow we'll start planning our attack." He commanded and the young man nodded. He lightly pushed Kaito out of the tent. "So you are a scientist, huh?" He began cheerfully. Despite all what the war has taken away from him, his cheerful personality was the only thing Red Star couldn't steal from him.

"You must be really smart, I couldn't solve the easiest maths problems." He said with a chuckle as they walked into an empty tent. Inside there was a one person sleeping-bag a small table and a chair. "It's quite empty but if there's anything specific that you need just say so." The young man said placing both his hands on the on his hips as he looked around the small tent.

~~~

"You know it's going to be nearly impossible to get inside Red Star." Sebastian said once he and Tyler were alone. Tyler sighed running a hand over his face tiredly. He and Sebastian knew each other since childhood and both of them fought together during World War III. Sebastian was his best friend and right hand leading the Rebellion. "I know. That's why I need to think of a plan...The less number of causalities on our side the better." He said with a dark frown. He knew that the loss of lives was inevitable.

(Whoops, sorry. I was really thinking about who gave him the gun. Dumb brain is dumb. I overread the sentence when Jim was named again.)

Further examining the gun, Kaito came to a conclusion. He wouldn't use something like this. He was more a person to talk about things, not fight them out. Before he can say anything further though, the gun was snatched from his hands and Tyler spoke up. Kaito got a funny feeling inside his chest. He found it nice and.....comforting that Tyler didn't want to let him use the gun, neither joining in the battle. Though they only know each other since a few hours prior, it seemed to the student, that they already formed some kind of realtionship. Trust, maybe? He didn't know, but he was sure on one thing, he wanted to know what a realtionship they started to form and he wanted to keep it. It was such a nice feeling to know that someone is taking care of him, like a friend Kaito would say.

After Tyler ended the conversation with the gun, he ordered one of his fellow men to take Kaito to an empty tent. Kaito let himself be pushed out of the command tent and let himself be lead to his now new home. Mike started up a conversation and Kaito felt that he shouldn't let him hanging in the air. "Uhm, well. I am still a student in university. I am not a professor yet. Well, if you ever want to.......i can teach you. I mean, i can't just hang around here and do nothing! That would be the least i am able to do here. I can't fight, neither do i have a personality that classifies a leader. I am just.....me." he said, his speech going into a depth that he didn't want to go into. He will only make himself look more pathetic then he already is. "Mike-san. I want to save this future, i want the others to be like you. Not that bitter.....Ah! What am i talking. Please forget it." he said, a small smile gracing his lips. Kaito didn't knew anything about the other, he shouldn't speak so rash.

They soon arrived in the tent. Truth be told, it wasn't much but for Kaito it was enough. Maybe he will find some things that he experiement on. Then he would be able to create something that might help this people. Kaito walked into the tent and turned around after Mike spoke. "Okay. Don't worry though, i am perfectly fine with this." he said while stroking over the rough top of his new desk. Kaito wasn't used to get pampered, so this was completely fine. Just a bit of deco, maybe a plant and it would be perfect. Enough to live for someone like him.

After a while, he started staring at the desk, drifting into thoughts yet again. "Say......can we really get into their head-quarters that easily? I mean, no offence, but you just fought robots until now right? If you need help.....comming up with a plan to invade them.....i will be always here. Please tell Tyler when you see him." he said, bowing again. He learned, that when asking for a favour, to show respect. He knew that it wasn't easy to invade their base, he wasn't dumb after all.

The rest of the day went quite uneventful. The Rebellion stayed low preparing for the big battle, though Tyler had to still think of the details a little bit more. During dinner Mike came to Kaito's tent to bring him his food. It wasn't nothing fancy, just white rice with beans and a canned drink. Mike stayed with Kaito for a while just talking and asking him about the world in 2012. How different was from now and such, the guy was very talkative. Eventually he left Kaito alone taking the empty plates with him.

After a few more hours and most of the people in the underground were getting ready to sleep Tyler decided to pay Kaito a visit. Hoping the other male hadn't fallen asleep. He just wanted to check on him, to see whether he was feeling comfortable or not...not that they could do much about it though. "Kaito? It's Tyler, can I come in?" He asked from outside the tent door. He wasn't wearing his jacket so the gun in his holster was visible.