Why rain on the OtaXYuri parade?

anamadeya

In Yuri!!! on Ice, the OtabekXYuri(Plisetski) ship seems to have a mixed reaction online with one of the arguments given is their age. Has anyone here noticed the same? It seems like a weird reason, given there are manga with teenage characters as well.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatieMH25!

• ChibiiFujoshi

• littlespiral

• Ryuu_L

I noticed it but many fanarts shows Yurio as an adult man. anyways, Yurio is 16 years old and Otabek 18 so it's okay.

i'm from Europe and the ages of consent are currently set between 14 and 18 - the age of consent in Russia is 16 and in Kazakhstan as well. So it's not a shotacon, pedophilia, abuse etc etc~

Everything is in accordance with the law and everything is fine (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) f@ck you haters! (ΦwΦ)凸

I noticed it but many fanarts shows Yurio as an adult man. anyways, Yurio is 16 years old and Otabek 18 so it's okay.

i'm from Europe and the ages of consent are currently set between 14 and 18 - the age of consent in Russia is 16 and in Kazakhstan as well. So it's not a shotacon, pedophilia, abuse etc etc~

Everything is in accordance with the law and everything is fine (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) f@ck you haters! (ΦwΦ)凸

I agree~~! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

Otayuri is love, Otayuri is life~~ haters gonna hate.. potato gonna potate~!

I agree~~! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

Otayuri is love, Otayuri is life~~ haters gonna hate.. potato gonna potate~!

aww, this my beautiful Yurio/kitty chan

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
♡(。- ω -)

AMEN (^人^)

aww, this my beautiful Yurio/kitty chan
♡(。- ω -)

AMEN (^人^)

my sexy Otabek

chaan (♥ω♥ ) ~♪

to the haters:

tumblr_on4jk76Gak1qipq3co1_1280.jpg

we are cute ^_^ DEAL WITH IT~! lol!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, OtaYuri~ Love the dynamic between them, and pretty much hope we get to see more of these two developing their bond in either the upcoming movie or a possible season 2. *crosses fingers*

Just to say... Pretty much any ship with Yurio in it got hate from some people on tumblr. Most of their reasons revolve around the fact that Yurio was just 15 (now 16, I guess), which I didn't really get because nowadays even 13-year-old kids date, for crying out loud. And the age gap argument is kinda lame because like what

said, even in manga the age gap theme is pretty common so it isn't a big deal. And I absolutely hate seeing or hearing the pedophile argument against OtaYuri when it's not even close to it--they just automatically label it as such because Yurio is below 18 and is the youngest among all the other competitors.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with shipping OtaYuri. In fact, it's a beautiful ship. I love seeing how skittish Yurio opened up to Otabek.

Haters can hate all they want. Doesn't change the fact that OtaYuri is love~

:Kyaa-Screaming-01:

Are you guys talking about Victor and Yuri (the younger one?) Or about a different couple. Sorry, even though I like the anime, I'm no good with names!! Lol

Are you guys talking about Victor and Yuri (the younger one?) Or about a different couple. Sorry, even though I like the anime, I'm no good with names!! Lol

MH25:

OtaYuri is the ship name for Otabek Altin and Yuri Plisetsky (yeah, the younger one). Do you remember Otabek from the anime? The skater from Kazakhstan who became Yurio's (lots of fans call the younger Yuri Plisetsky as "Yurio" so as not to confuse him with Yuuri Katsuki, the older one) first friend ever, whom he generally acts kinder to.

Here they are:

tumblr_otfw8tPcbq1tsbueoo2_r2_1280.png

This is Otabek and Yuri from the Welcome to the Madness bonus video.

I can't say that I recall him though the pair look good together! Damn, I guess I'll haveto rewatch this anime.... Ah wait a minute, I think I remember something. Is it the guy Yuri was talking to in one of the eps when they were over looking the city? I did think they were friends yet some undercurrent going on between them. If it's the right guy I'm thinking of, I don't think he is old enough to be considered too old for yuri as they are both teenagers right?

Yep, that guy, The one who took Yurio away on a motorcycle ride in Barcelona~

Yep, both are teenagers. Yurio is 16 now, Otabek turning 19 in October. That's just 3 years as an age gap, but haters still say it's not good because Yurio is below 18. I facepalm every time I see that argument against OtaYuri. It's not like we don't think of having crushes or dating at that age. I don't get those haters, really.

Yay! Glad I thought if the right one lol I have also had crushes on boys both older and younger than me. I don't understand what the issue is either...

Otabek and Yuri look so good together, right? Say yes, please.

cheetah7

It's fine if they don't like the ship, but actively hating on the ship so much baffles me. I mean, I don't do it, so I can't understand why others do it...

:confused:

Oh well. At least OtaYuri shippers have lots of love to share~

The fanart for these two are so adorable!

this really made my day! everything that

and
said made me smile ^__^ nothing else made me happier than knowing there are people here who also adore my all-time favourite OTP :) hehe....

Thanks!

Glad to hear that you also agree with us. Or rather I'm agreeing with you and
lol