~Touken Ranbu~

confidant_v

I can't believe there's not more people talking about Touken Ranbu here! It's about time all of us Touranbu fans gather together to talk about our favorite characters and ships, and to spread as many fanfics and doujins around as possible. There's never enough for me when it comes to this anime/game haha!

I guess to start I'll list off some of my favorite ships. I won't list them all because there's just so many, but here's a few to get us going!

- Kanesada/Horikawa (I've never seen a more supportive pair of husbands EVER! OTL They're the epitome of fluffy, romantic, cute couple).

- Tsurumaru/Yagen (This is definitely a rare pair even by Touranbu standards haha! Does anyone else ship this and if so please tell me! I've seen a few comics and fanart of them online, but not much! Also, I kind of tend to ship Tsuru with everyone... It's hard not to!)

- Kashuu/Yasusada (This one is a given, but they're too cute together. The adoration they have for one another is so beautiful).

- Kogitsunemaru/Mikazuki (This pair of old man husbands haha! How can a pairing be so cute and yet so sexy at once???)

There's so many more ships out there for me, but this works for now! Please share in all of your ships and fanfics and doujins, both from the game and anime! ^_^

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• confidant_v

• ShizouShizou

• littlespiral

• salza

my favourite OTP in Touranbu is Kogimika! i learned about this pair after stumbling upon some gorgeous doujinshis of them two and i immediately fell in love >///

KogiMika.full.1929478.jpg

- Kanesada/Horikawa (I've never seen a more supportive pair of husbands EVER! OTL They're the epitome of fluffy, romantic, cute couple).

ahaha i first like these two, too! Horikawa's loyalty to Kane-san is something of a beauty, yeah? but after watching more of the anime, i couldn't resist pairing Kanesada with Mutsunokami. their opposite personalities kinda complement each other. hehe..

p/s: i don't really like Mikazuki voice in the anime tho.. >.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I have little pins of Koga and Mika! This doujin looks gorgeous... I don't think I've ever read it before. I'll have to look into it. These two are just so sweet and calm and peaceful and loving, but also delicious and sexy. I feel like Koga can't rely on anyone the way he relies on Mika~ It's so sweet!

Kane and Mutsunokami are so fiery!! I do love them as a ship if I'm being honest. Even in Katsugeki it was shown that Kane as a certain affection for him. They butt heads so much it's almost impossible for them to not be in love haha! And let's be real, as much as I ADORE Kane/Hori we all know that Kane and Mutsunokami have the better and more ferocious sex. Like for real though XD

Also I'm assuming you watched the subbed right? I need to go back and listen to his voice. When I last watched Hanamaru I watched it with my sister who prefers dubs so we watched it that way. If I remember right his voice actually sounds similar in the dub and sub. It was... Somewhat whiny sounding correct? Or am I way off the mark? I need to just look again haha! Juzu's voice was deeper than I thought it would be!

if i'm not mistaken the image was from a doujinshi by TEC (Touya Nakamura). you should check out this mangaka's works! she draws beautiful Kogimika doujins! >///

552146.jpg

this is another doujin cover by TEC sensei

Kane and Mutsunokami are so fiery!! I do love them as a ship if I'm being honest. Even in Katsugeki it was shown that Kane as a certain affection for him. They butt heads so much it's almost impossible for them to not be in love haha! And let's be real, as much as I ADORE Kane/Hori we all know that Kane and Mutsunokami have the better and more ferocious sex. Like for real though XD

this one, i have to agree. one of the only reason i ship them soooo much! also, the way Mutsunokami always irritates Kane and the banter they always had ̶(̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶u̶p̶ ̶s̶e̶x̶)̶ are sooo cute! lol..

Oh, yeah i watched the sub version. ahaha... yup, it was exactly as you described! whiny.. i think, it's not the voice that i have much of a problem, but the way he talks? it sounds kinda.... villain-y (if that makes sense) like he is planning to do something evil XD but, oh, his voice is similar in subbed and dubbed version? that's cool. i've gotta try the dubbed version, then!

I am absolutely going to check out these doujins! I just love domestic Kogimika

I remember when I first watched Katsugeki (which was subbed) I thought Mika was evil haha! I thought he was going to mess with Kane-san in all kinds of ways and just ruin everything. Katsugeki portrayed some of the characters kind of... oddly. Like they made the first impression of Mika as if he were a bad person and they also altered Kane and Hori a bit. I don't know how far you've gotten in Hanamaru, but in it Kane-san isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's not stupid, but he's kind of like... I don't know how to say. He's like a jock almost. And Hori is smarter than him by a long shot. Kane-san will try to be lazy and ignore his chores around the citadel, but Hori manipulates him into doing them and by the time Kane realizes it he's already done everything he needed to do haha! Plus in Hanamaru Hori takes care of Kane-san, not so much the other way around. In Katsugeki it seems like Hori is only just learning the ropes and Kane-san is training him, but in reality Hori arrived to the citadel first and keeps an eye on Kane. (You can stop me and my trivia anytime hahah! I've totally forgotten how far you might have gotten in Hanamaru)

They didn't alter all of the characters. Like Mutsunokami is the same in both animes. Yagen, Tonbokiri, etc are also the same, but considering the show revolves around Kane-san it's funny that he was altered.

I like cp HoriKane. XD~ when I watched Katsugeki, I thought what happened to Kane-san, how he can be so cool that much hahaha. Hori is always cool, and see him like a perfect husband than a wife =)))))

A, i like KogiMika, too. In anime, they dont appear so much, but when appearing, they often appear together. They give me a feeling they like a old couple and Mikazuki was always pampered.

I also like Yagen x Souza, i think there are no many people ship 2 person together, but have a Chinese artist draw many short dou about this cp. I like them a lot XD~

And so many other cp tell about them maybe to tomorrow lol

Hahah Hori really is always cool

KogiMika is so sweet too. I think Kogi absolutely pampers Mika! They're both so relaxed and happy and just lazing about drinking tea. It makes me so happy haha! And you ship YagenxSouza? Yeah I actually don't think I've seen that ship around too much but I think I can enjoy it haha! My ship with Yagen is rare too. I guess Yagen is shipped around a lot... Or not enough...?

Please do share your other ships! I have so many as well! Too many to keep listing hahaha!

• 9 months later...

My favorite pairings are the following:

-Tsurumaru/Ichigo (totally stole the place from the first pairing I liked in this fandom and their personalities make them so perfect together).

-Mutsunokami/Izuminokami (I blame Katsugeki for this. And there are some great fics with them in AO3)

-Kogitsunemaru/Mikazuki (the first couple I liked in the fandom. Doujinshis and fanarts are what first attracted me to them before I first heard of Touken Ranbu. They look really good together, after all).

-Yagen/Souza (Rare pair? Yep, rare pair. I got interested in them after reading a AU fanfic where Yagen was a adult and the characters were all reincarnated. There are some works I've seen where Yagen is drawn looking older too, so no shota here. Anyway, I like that younger!seme trope, so this pairing is right up my alley. Although, in Yagen's case, he only looks younger lol)

Other pairings I like, but not with the same intensity as the ones above are:

-Nagasone/Hachisuka;

-Ookanehira/Uguisumaru;

-Shokudaikiri/Ookurikara;

-Tonbokiri/Muramasa;

-Yasusada/Kiyomitsu;

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, your icon is just gorgeous! So beautiful! I admit that I'm more of a fan of Izuminokami/Horikawa, but I am also a fan of Mutsunokami/Izuminokami on the side. That's what's so wonderful about this anime. You can kind of just ship everyone with everyone else and it's all good haha!

I've met a few people who like Yagen/Souza! I think they work really well. I read a doujin once that featured Tsurumaru/Yagen and honestly they stole my heart! Sadly, I can't find my much more of them or rather most of the work I can find of them is untranslated so I all I can do is stare at the pretty pictures XD But I completely get you when it comes to rarepairs. We're always on the lookout for people who like the same pairs we do!

First of all, your icon is just gorgeous! So beautiful! I admit that I'm more of a fan of Izuminokami/Horikawa, but I am also a fan of Mutsunokami/Izuminokami on the side. That's what's so wonderful about this anime. You can kind of just ship everyone with everyone else and it's all good haha!

I've met a few people who like Yagen/Souza! I think they work really well. I read a doujin once that featured Tsurumaru/Yagen and honestly they stole my heart! Sadly, I can't find my much more of them or rather most of the work I can find of them is untranslated so I all I can do is stare at the pretty pictures XD But I completely get you when it comes to rarepairs. We're always on the lookout for people who like the same pairs we do!

Thanks! I found it on Pinterest (there isn't a lot of fanarts of them there, unfortunately).

Oh, I understand what you mean about a pairing stealing your heart xD

Anyway, I don't find much stuff with TsuruIchi myself. I wish they would release Touken Ranbu outside of Japan and in english so we all could play it while understanding what's going on. And that would increase the fandom too. lol

And I usually find myself liking some rare pairs. Why I do this to myself? :leaf16:

• 3 months later...

The ship I like mostly of course the old couple, KogiMika. These two are so beautiful together. First ship I love until now and still in my heart. I really like everything about them, whatever it is fanarts or cosplays or fanfics, my gosh... there is no end to talks about them. I remember I playing the RP and I'm roling Kogi with my French friend, and that was amazingly with my partner Mika, I feel it oh Kogi

And about other ships :

-Ishikirimaru/Nikkari, such a sweet couple that fill each other, how mysterious of Nikkari and how the way Ishikiri get close with him. We know they are canon just like KogiMika from the anime.

- I like pair TsuruIchi, this pair catch my attention with their lovely relationship, I mean, how peoples cannot fall for them, imagine Tsuru playing with the Toushirous and there is Ichigo accompanying him. Just what a sweet couple of them.

- I also like pair MitsuKuri (Shokudaikiri/Oourikara). With their personalities, there is no doubt this couple is really matching, Kara-chan that sometimes can be Tsundere and Mitsutada know how to tame him.

- And the newest ship I like is Kunichougi, you know right? Yes! The Yamanbagiris. Manba I meant here is of course he after kiwame, I love it how Manba somehow could handle the conversation towards Chougi (just like the recollection inside the game).

The other ships I like, hmm let me see :

-Izuminokami/Horikawa, I like them not only as a partner, but because the fanfics about them is so few, sadly...

-Hizamaru/Higekiri, I somehow likes the ashamed Hiza on top of Hige xD

-Ookanehira/Uguisumaru

-or Ookanehira/Juzumaru

-I like pair TsuruIchi, this pair catch my attention with their lovely relationship, I mean, how peoples cannot fall for them, imagine Tsuru playing with the Toushirous and there is Ichigo accompanying him. Just what a sweet couple of them.

-I also like pair MitsuKuri (Shokudaikiri/Ookurikara). With their personalities, there is no doubt this couple is really matching, Kara-chan that sometimes can be Tsundere and Mitsutada know how to tame him.

-And the newest ship I like is Kunichougi, you know right? Yes! The Yamanbagiris. Manba I meant here is of course he after kiwame, I love it how Manba somehow could handle the conversation towards Chougi (just like the recollection inside the game).

-Hizamaru/Higekiri, I somehow likes the ashamed Hiza on top of Hige xD

You just mentioned one of the many things that I like about TsuruIchi: Tsurumaru's relationship with Ichigo's brothers. I can't see any other character with whom Ichigo is shipped with that would play with the tantous the way Tsurumaru would. I love the fact that he is great with kids, to the point that he even made Sayo laugh.

Spending time with his brothers would be part of the package of being in relationship with Ichigo and Tsurumaru would be great at entertaining them.

I also feel the same way towards MitsuKuri. No matter how much Ookurikara says that he doesn't intend to get along with others, he is always around Shokudaikiri, Taikogane and Tsurumaru.

Regarding Yamanbagiri and Chougi, I just love how kiwame!Manba dealt with that conversation and wasn't intimidated and Chougi was the one that lost his cool in the end.

And you aren't the only one that likes HizaHige in this order(ゝ。∂)

• 4 months later...
You just mentioned one of the many things that I like about TsuruIchi: Tsurumaru's relationship with Ichigo's brothers. I can't see any other character with whom Ichigo is shipped with that would play with the tantous the way Tsurumaru would. I love the fact that he is great with kids, to the point that he even made Sayo laugh.

Spending time with his brothers would be part of the package of being in relationship with Ichigo and Tsurumaru would be great at entertaining them.

I also feel the same way towards MitsuKuri. No matter how much Ookurikara says that he doesn't intend to get along with others, he is always around Shokudaikiri, Taikogane and Tsurumaru.

Regarding Yamanbagiri and Chougi, I just love how kiwame!Manba dealt with that conversation and wasn't intimidated and Chougi was the one that lost his cool in the end.

And you aren't the only one that likes HizaHige in this order(ゝ。∂)

Yes yes TsuruIchi will not far from the Toushirous, I can imagine Midare would dare to let Ichi-nii had time with Tsuru with the help of Yagen and Atsushi. Hahaha, so interesting ^^

Well well, although Touran was not really famous as their first time released, but for me I cannot forget them easily. They're precious, so much uuhh...

Now that something crossed my head, would you RP with me? Not here I guess, but on our personal chat maybe. We can roling the couples we like? How is it? I'm not forcing you, just would you? ^v^

And sorry for my laaaatee reply

• 5 months later...
Yes yes TsuruIchi will not far from the Toushirous, I can imagine Midare would dare to let Ichi-nii had time with Tsuru with the help of Yagen and Atsushi. Hahaha, so interesting ^^

Well well, although Touran was not really famous as their first time released, but for me I cannot forget them easily. They're precious, so much uuhh...

Now that something crossed my head, would you RP with me? Not here I guess, but on our personal chat maybe. We can roling the couples we like? How is it? I'm not forcing you, just would you? ^v^

And sorry for my laaaatee reply

Np about the late reply xD

Well, I never did rp so I don't think I would be a good partner, sorry n.n'

I'm part of a TsuruIchi Discord group, though. It's a small group because of the size of the fandom but if you want to join and talk with other fans, I can send you the link :)