Biggest turn off?

鼠ドル

I don't really know what things that turn me off. Never really thought about it but... Yeah, whining girly uke is a turn off. A little bit of crybaby is okay. But there's a difference between how man and woman cry. Also, what's the point making it malexmale while uke looks exactly like a girl? Bishounen is different.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 鼠ドル

• sarah3161

• Virdian*

• Dayu

Hmmm...

* As most people already said, rape is a no-no. I dislike this plot so much, and it seems like a lot of mangas have that in some way or another. Just no! And also, 'forgetting' about it and making it okay because it's 'love'. Or 'punishing' the uke for some minor thing that wasn't actually their fault in the first place by raping them. No! Break up already, go get yourself in a healthy relationship.

* Ukes that are like "no, stop, I don't want to" when they clearly want to is so freaking annoying. Just give me an honest uke and I'm gonna be happy.

* When everyone is gay. No! It's so unrealistic when all the relatives and friends/coworkers are gay. Where does that happen? There's the main characters (okay), one of the main character's ex (okay), then there's two other co-workers (okay?), the brothers of the main characters that are somehow involved (what?), and wait! there's an estranged relative too. Ugh!!

* I think someone mentioned this before: when one of the characters is just sooo beautiful. "Why does he like me?" "Everyone else likes him, he's perfect" and everyone else proceedes to sigh and get heart eyes when seeing them. Just no. Next!

* Treating the uke like a pet, cussing the uke, and abusing them. While I think pet play is okay, taking it to the extreme is not. The rest is self explanatory.

* Being obsessed with siblings. Brotherly love is understandable, but having an over-protective sibling is annoying as f! "My sweet brother, I will destroy anyone who approaches him!" Cue to the over-protective one being an annoying prick the entire series until he finds someone else to be obsessed with, and on top of that, the 'protected' brother is afraind of his brother finding about his relationship. Ugh.

I dislike when the uke acts and/or looks like a girl. He is a guy after all. Also, I dislike the over-feminization of the characters no matter if it concerns uke/seme or other characters.

• 2 weeks later...
I dislike when the uke acts and/or looks like a girl. He is a guy after all. Also, I dislike the over-feminization of the characters no matter if it concerns uke/seme or other characters.

Does that mean you're not into Mpreg? Cuz being pregnant is exclusive to females (except seahorses, haha) after all

Biggest turn off would be when someone feels entitled. This is applicable to both the seme and the uke. Suppose a seme is a cheating jerk but still expects a hole to fuck and a nice blowjob after dinner. That is a turn OFF. Suppose an uke is so eager (not necessarily slutty) but doesn't make an effort to actually bring pleasure to his seme. That is a turn OFF. There are just times when a seme or uke does NOT deserve smex at all but still thinks that he deserves a nice fuck. That is a TURN OFF. Did I make sense? Also, I'm ranting a bit here, but my friend got replied with a cheap "yeah, sure" after doing hard work to make a date more special than usual. Like, this is a partnership so get your ass to work or else you ain't getting no grub. Know what I mean?

• 2 weeks later...
Does that mean you're not into Mpreg? Cuz being pregnant is exclusive to females (except seahorses, haha) after all

It's not my cup of tea, to be honest. Generally everything that physically and personally feminizes the uke too much. If I were into that, I could equally read/watch female x male romance (just my opinion).

It's not my cup of tea, to be honest. Generally everything that physically and personally feminizes the uke too much. If I were into that, I could equally read/watch female x male romance (just my opinion).

Yeah, I get what you mean. Like, the main charm of yaoi (imo, and the reason why I got into yaoi in the first place) is the attraction between two guys (like guys at heart, in body and mind) DESPITE the alleged "wrongness" of it. It just shows how love can transcend the physical body and society's standard. It's beautiful~ And anyway, a manly male subduing another manly male is damn hot, amaright?

Onto the topic of turn offs, I usually just roll my eyes at manga with speedy sex in the pilot chapter. I know, I know. It's not the mangaka's fault that they have to grab the publisher's attention in a limited number of pages and giving away sex is a surefire way to do that but seriously, sex can't be all there is in a story or relationship. There are first sleepovers, first meal together, getting a pet together, getting into an accident (ooh, for spicy cliffhangers), moving in together, etc. The conclusion doesn't have to have sex! And anyway, if mangaka sama wanted to put sex in, at least make it DAMN HOT and all, not just a few panels of awkward, unappealing angles.

This turned into a rant. Sigh.

Admittedly, I'm a slow burn type of person so those kinds of manga are just so bland to me. I like to have sexual tension and all that "holding back" angst between my boys so that when they DO get it, they're really gonna get it like they deserve it.

I hate shotas... or like relationships that are rushed (like they met each other that day, and are suddenly very in love.) I also dont like super girlie ukes, unless they're more androgynous to begin with - having them be feminine just because they're on the receiving end irritates the living hell out of me. As a bisexual woman, it irritates me when same sex couples are labeled as the "man" or "woman" anyways.

I hate shotas... or like relationships that are rushed (like they met each other that day, and are suddenly very in love.) I also dont like super girlie ukes, unless their more androgynous to begin with - having them be feminine just because they're on the receiving end irritates the living hell out of me. As a bisexual woman, it irritates me when same sex couples are labeled as the "man" or "woman" anyways.

This is so true!