About This Club

This is a group for role-players who feel that they are not as good of a role-player as they use to be or wish to improve myself included as being one of them. This is a place where you can seek out help for improving grammar and skill.
  1. What's new in this club
  2. This is a thread in which I will post ( and others are welcome to post) lessons in grammar and English.
  3. This is a thread in which I will post ( and others are welcome to post) lessons in grammar and English.
  4. often you can also find inspiration in folktales and legends as well, I often find that some of the older ones are quite interesting. As for people around you can sometimes find inspiration in nurses and try talking to the elderly every now and again, I find that they have a lot o nice and very interesting stories to tell probably since they have a lot more experience .
  5. Oh, I hope you can rp easier soon Akito. It was hard for me at first but I started to enjoy it soon.
  6. I learned in school British English so I'm writing some words in British English, also I'm not using too much short forms of the words, just maybe in the cases you mention above. To improve myself I'm reading in English, not from Internet only, but books in English from literature to historical ones. I'm lucky I'm chatting with people wm their first language is English and I learn from them too. What about you?
  7. What about people around you? Have you ever get inspired by people around you? Friends or relatives or even strangers?
  8. Hello everyone! knowing that the pressure of trying not to disappoint your roleplaying partner can be a little to much at times I've decided to make this discussion for those who need a little guidance or are new to roleplaying. First things first, always try to have a plot and stick to it. Starting a roleplay without a plot can become confusing and can often cause your partner to lose interest in the roleplay.(Also discuss rating, relationships, positions, etc. Second of all, while making character information cards try to make the character interesting but don't over power them, for example don't make your character god like unless it's part of a theme. Third, don't be controlling of the other person's characters. Fourth, always check on topics and themes that may offend the other person, such as rape, gore, self-harm, furries, etc. Five, proof read and double check over you work, the partner might loose interest if they have to ask you to go back and fix mistakes constantly.(Everyone makes mistakes but I think you get what I mean by this.) Finally, have fun and if you do wish to quit a roleplay tell the other person before quitting it.
  9. I do agree that when you are writing the main focus is that you should enjoy writing, some people do seek to improve their writing a little bit and remember there is always room for improvement and that a little improvement never hurts anyone.
  10. I'm not exactly perfect with my grammar either, but good grammar and spelling helps a lot. But Personally I found more important is proper use of punctuation. An endless stream of sentences mashed together with no pause in between is extremely hard to understand.
  11. Also, know the difference between 'your', 'you're', and 'ur'.
  12. You can also find plot ideas in songs and TV shows. Surprisingly that's what inspires me.
  13. I agree with this, since we all have different levels of English and there are many rules in the language it self. If anything I always encourage people to find some simple rules of English grammar online. It can actually be very helpful for anyone who has a bit of a problem writing English. Just know the differences between. 'There' 'their' and 'they're'
  14. Thanks for the ideas Bloodybunny and Robertita. I'm a noob in RP-ing so it's still hard for me to find ideas, your tips help!
  15. I discovered in time grammar or spelling problems are not so important when you are writting, important is to have fun. Not everybody can write correctly in English but they try their best.
  16. When someone is asking me to rp, I usually ask them about ideas and soon my head it's full of ideas. If I knew well the person I'm rping with then it;s easy to find inspiration and even to guess what the other's ideas are.
  17. I started to RP as people keep asking me. I never had talent in writing but RPs gave me the oportunity to try. Now I enjoy doing it.
  18. Thanks for the idea, I've never thought of it.
  19. As we all know When your writing or role-playing inspiration comes and goes, how do you find inspiration? here are a few things that will hopefully help. 1.) If you are stuck, you might need to refresh your mind a bit by leaving the story/roleplay alone for a little while and perhaps work on something else or go on a walk meanwhile.(When temporarily leaving a roleplay always make sure to tell your role-play partner that you are doing so.) 2.)Don't write when you are tired unless ideas are popping into your head, if it is beginning to get late write the ideas down somewhere in point form and get some rest then return to them the next day that way you are more alert and feeling refreshed, your mood can effect the way or amount that you write. 3.)Look at the news and previous events that have taken place they may give you inspiration. I hoped this will help everyone find inspiration in their time of need.
  20. That's a good question I usually find inspiration through dreams and real life scenarios. (Sounds like a good topic I'll start a thread for it after eating.)
  21. A topic I'm interested in is How do you find inspiration for interesting RP plots? PS: I'm a noob in RP
  22. If there are any certain areas that you wish to learn about or talk about post it here and I shall create a discussion area that will suit the topic or topics.
  23. This is the area in which you should post anything that regards grammar or spelling problems, questions and answers.
  24. Hell fellow role-players! This is place in which you should feel safe seeking for help in and to keep this place feeling like safe place to be of course there have been some rules that have been put in place. Rules: 1.) Please refrain from using inappropriate langue or bringing up topics that are inappropriate or topics that may bring up discomfort or offend others. 2.) Please only post accurate information. 3.) Do not post inappropriate content. 4.) Don't be afraid to speak up. 5.) Have fun!

YaoiOtaku is a friendly community that has a lot to offer when it comes to everything yaoi - manga series, DJs, oneshots, anime, yaoi RPs and plenty of BL discussion topics.

Make sure to also check:

Yaoi Manga

KPop Profiles

Yaoi Dj

Manga Lotus